PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Chandler for Manu anyone?

cp3forever
05-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Tyson Chandler + filler for Manu. Both teams benefit. Hornets trying to clear the salary space and Manu's expiring contract is nice for them. Manu is too injury-prone that spurs can't afford him being down every big time to waste Duncan's remain years. Chandler is still a top 10 center in the NBA when healthy and Spurs finally have a good big to play with TD.

DAF86
05-14-2009, 10:31 PM
We can get much better.

ducks
05-14-2009, 10:34 PM
We can get much better.

who ?

SouthTexasRancher
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Tyson Chandler + filler for Manu. Both teams benefit. Hornets trying to clear the salary space and Manu's expiring contract is nice for them. Manu is too injury-prone that spurs can't afford him being down every big time to waste Duncan's remain years. Chandler is still a top 10 center in the NBA when healthy and Spurs finally have a good big to play with TD.

That must be some good stuff you're smokin' there. I thought I had just entered another dimension.

However, let's get realistic...we'll give you your choice of Vaughn, Udoka, Finley, and Thomas. We'll give you all 4 if you throw David West in on the deal.

DAF86
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
who ?

Manu is an expiring contract next year, we can defenetily get better than Chandler if we want to trade him.

ducks
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
manu is an expiring contract next year, we can defenetily get better than chandler if we want to trade him.

who

Hooks
Chandler sucks, he's not good at all. It seems like the only time I see him score is from an alley oop from Paul.

Brazil

:sleep

manu_maniac
He's a Hornets fan. It's obvious this won't help the Spurs.

ducks
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM

I would take manu over a pick
to
hornets were going to trade chandler for nothing

DAF86
05-14-2009, 10:40 PM
who

Prince and Hamilton.

ducks
05-14-2009, 10:41 PM
ok
hamilion old but his contract like?
I like prince but he is limited on the o

manufan10
05-14-2009, 10:44 PM

Only if that filler is CP3. :lol

DAF86
05-14-2009, 10:45 PM
ok
hamilion old but his contract like?
I like prince but he is limited on the o

I don't know how's his contract but I'm sure is bigger than Manus but if you add the others expiring contracts the Spurs have you can make it work.

exstatic
05-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Hornets won't get anything close to an All NBA/All Star guard for Chandler. They were too obviously salary dumping him at the deadline to try to play hardball now. Shit, we might be front runners with two 50% guaranteed contracts (Bowen,Oberto) they can cut immediately and save $4M.

ducks
05-14-2009, 10:55 PM
bowen and oberto for him
plus they would cut bowen
and spurs could pick him up again

Sean Cagney
05-14-2009, 10:56 PM
HELL NO! Chandler is alright but tapped out already, we know who he is and it's not that great to say the least. Manu is our heart as proven in the playoffs (Tim is the leader I know), we missed him and his finishing so much in the playoffs this year.

Mel_13
05-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't know how's his contract but I'm sure is bigger than Manus but if you add the others expiring contracts the Spurs have you can make it work.

Manu for either Hamilton or Prince works straight up without fillers. Hamilton's contract is expiring as well, he plays the same position, and is only a few months younger. Not sure either team has much motivation to do that deal.

Prince is more than 2yrs younger, has two yrs left on his deal, and plays a position of need for the Spurs while helping the Pistons clear more space for 2010. There would seem to be something tangible there for both teams.

cp3forever
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
bowen and oberto for him
plus they would cut bowen
and spurs could pick him up again

throw George Hill in and I'll do it

ducks
05-14-2009, 11:05 PM
throw George Hill in and I'll do it

nope
mike finley

Mel_13
05-14-2009, 11:12 PM

Hornets will be lucky if they can unload Chandler without giving up at least one first round pick. The Nuggets didn't get anything for Camby, but at least they didn't have to give up two first rounders like PHX did to get rid of KT's contract. Hornets fans shouldn't get their hopes up.

mookie2001
05-14-2009, 11:15 PM
uhh yes please

id trade manu for considerations

manufan10
05-14-2009, 11:18 PM
We'll give you some basketballs and some water bottles for Chandler.

DAF86
05-14-2009, 11:21 PM
uhh yes please

id trade manu for considerations

What's your deal with Manu?

cp3forever
05-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Hornets will be lucky if they can unload Chandler without giving up at least one first round pick. The Nuggets didn't get anything for Camby, but at least they didn't have to give up two first rounders like PHX did to get rid of KT's contract. Hornets fans shouldn't get their hopes up.

Chandler >>>>> Camby & KT

mytespurs
05-14-2009, 11:23 PM
No!

tomtom
05-14-2009, 11:24 PM
:lol

cp3forever
05-14-2009, 11:26 PM
We'll give you some basketballs and some water bottles for Chandler.

Yeah I don't know Spurs still keep these things you get from the Scola trade

Mel_13
05-14-2009, 11:27 PM
Chandler >>>>> Camby & KT

1. That's your opinion

2. He is owed much more money than either of those two were.

3. Neither one of them had recently failed a physical performed by a doctor who had once operated on them.

rayray2k8
05-14-2009, 11:27 PM
1 broken player for another.. Sounds square to me. :)

TMTTRIO
05-14-2009, 11:29 PM
It'll be interesting what happnes to Manu. He either comes back having a whole summer (longer too then normal) to rest and rehab and comes back having an awesome season (then it would be hard not to trade him) knowing that this will be another contract year for him where he can earn something either with the Spurs or another team or he comes back and has another unhealthy year in which no team will want to trade anything valuable for him. It should get interesting.

ss1986v2
05-14-2009, 11:30 PM
im sure somebody would be willing to offer expirings for chandler alone. the sonics traded expirings for him this year before the injury issues caused them to balk.

i could also see a team with some cap space willing to absorb at least some of chandlers salary outright. detroit, for example, has about 15 mil in space this summer. why not throw 8-9 mil of that at a power forward (maybe paul milsap), then move kwame or amir for chandler (havent crunched the numbers, but its pretty close)?

and just so we have all things straight, hamilton signed an extension this year. his contract runs through 2013 now.

peskypesky
05-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Chandler is not much without CP3 feeding him the ball for alley-oops. So no.

baseline bum
05-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Gooden for Chris Paul!

SequSpur
05-15-2009, 12:21 AM
manu should be traded for chris bosh.

afireinside20
05-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Chandler is nice and energetic, but other than someone feeding him alley oops he's worthless on our team. He has no real fundamental skills about him.

misterx91578
05-15-2009, 01:02 AM
manu should be traded for chris bosh.

if it comes with an extension for bosh i'm down

manu the best
05-15-2009, 01:31 AM
NEVER !!!!!!!!!!!! if the thunder(losers) didn't sign him .. why should the spurs(winners) ... and specially for MANU ..

MANU=:lobt2:

manu the best
05-15-2009, 01:33 AM

agree .. of course he want his team to improve and our team to suck ..

MANU=:lobt2:

baseline bum
05-15-2009, 04:42 AM
As a Ginobili fan and a Spurs fan I actually kind of like this trade. The Raptors are not going to resign Bosh. So the Spurs get their new franchise player. TP to CB right?

And as a Ginobili fan people get to see just how good Manu is when he is the first option getting franchise player touches. Then Manu will just resign with us for 2010.

Chris Bosh and franchise player should never be mentioned in the same sentence.

Lars
05-15-2009, 05:19 AM

Chris Bosh is not a franchise player...

MarCowMar
05-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Manu should only be traded if he is too injured to play or we have given up on winning in the Duncan era and want to start rebuilding around Tony.

Personally I think we should just keep his expiring contract and killer instinct. Make one more run with the big three and hope we can find a piece or two to put us over the top.

If we trade Manu odds are we just get back a bloated and long-term contract of a lesser player.

ElNono
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Throw in David West, and we throw in a lot of filler to make salaries work, and we might have a deal.

smeagol
05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
Manu for Scola

RamReddy
05-15-2009, 10:49 AM
hell no

poop
05-15-2009, 11:06 AM
maybe if it was 2008 Chandler

to21
05-15-2009, 11:13 AM
I'd do it.....w/ West and some people off our current roster.

rascal
05-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Thats not a good deal for the Spurs. Chandler is not a difference maker.

rascal
05-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Manu should only be traded if he is too injured to play or we have given up on winning in the Duncan era and want to start rebuilding around Tony.

Personally I think we should just keep his expiring contract and killer instinct. Make one more run with the big three and hope we can find a piece or two to put us over the top.

If we trade Manu odds are we just get back a bloated and long-term contract of a lesser player.

If manu was too injured to play no deal would go down. The so called big 3 will not win another title with the type of role players the spurs are filling out the roster with.

Muser
05-15-2009, 11:36 AM
No, but you can have Matt Bonner free of charge.

spurspokesman
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM
That must be some good stuff you're smokin' there. I thought I had just entered another dimension.

However, let's get realistic...we'll give you your choice of Vaughn, Udoka, Finley, and Thomas. We'll give you all 4 if you throw David West in on the deal.
:rollinFunny stuff. Good one rancher.And to sweeten the deal well give you bonner for paul straight up.:lol

peskypesky
05-15-2009, 01:09 PM
First off no. Second off a top 10 center in the NBA isn't saying much. Fun little fact, there was no back up center in the Eastern Confrence All Stars this year. Why? because there are no all star level centers behind Howard in the East.

There might be 3 all star level centers in the West, and don't think Chandler is one of them.

That is just sad. What the hell has happened to basketball? Have big men gotten that bad...or is it the result of the rules changes in the past couple of decades?

the NBA wanted to tame Shaq, increase the chance of another Jordan (or Jordans), and make the game more "exciting", so the rules have been warped to make it harder for big men to dominate and easier for perimeter players to score.

i wonder if the NBA put the rules back the way they were before Shaq if we'd see more impressive play from Centers.

tmtcsc
05-15-2009, 02:00 PM

Uh....no. People are writing Manu off way too soon. Chandler's good but he's not as big a difference maker as Manu is.

tmtcsc
05-15-2009, 02:02 PM

Thank you.

SA210
05-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Manu plays with more heart than anyone and people want to let him go. :rolleyes

Knoxxx
05-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Manu may not bring much in a trade with the injuries. I can't see anyone paying him a big salary at his age either starting 2010. He would be great to have on our roster from 2010-2012 at $5 million per.

He also needs to go to a crew cut hair style to minimize "the spot." That may make him feel younger and more energized as well.

K-State Spur
05-15-2009, 07:08 PM
That is just sad. What the hell has happened to basketball? Have big men gotten that bad...or is it the result of the rules changes in the past couple of decades?

the NBA wanted to tame Shaq, increase the chance of another Jordan (or Jordans), and make the game more "exciting", so the rules have been warped to make it harder for big men to dominate and easier for perimeter players to score.

i wonder if the NBA put the rules back the way they were before Shaq if we'd see more impressive play from Centers.

to some extent, it's that big men have gotten more athletic and can now do things that they couldn't in the past that prevent them from being labeled a center. how many 7 footers in the history of the game can do some of the things that dirk does?

there is something to lament in the slow death of the back to the basket big men, but it's not all because of a lack of skill or rules changes.