PDA

View Full Version : If Bonner comes back again........

SequSpur
05-15-2009, 12:24 AM
I am really done as a Spurs fan...

Sorry...

davi78239
05-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Better yet, if they bring back mostly everybody (other than the big 3 and a couple) then I wouldn't know what to do.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-15-2009, 12:38 AM
What is so funny, and everyone on this board knows, is that we are going to come back next year with virtually the same exact team + one relatively unknown, unproven, median-aged FA pickup, with no height and no good one on one defense.

This has happened every year since forever, and we should expect no different.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, so long sequ.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2009, 12:41 AM
If he starts here and gets 20 mins a game I will die laughing, and not in a good way! Bonner is utter trash, every fan knows and even other fans know it, but not POP?

afireinside20
05-15-2009, 12:47 AM
Bonner sucks, let's ditch the bastard already.

polandprzem
05-15-2009, 12:52 AM
When will that alcohol rage end?

cherylsteele
05-15-2009, 12:58 AM

Sorry...

Why wait??

ss1986v2
05-15-2009, 01:06 AM
god, i hope bonner is back...

peskypesky
05-15-2009, 01:09 AM
i'm still a Spurs fan, but I don't expect much from them anymore. they had their excellent run. won 4 championships. most dominant team in any sport for a decade. that's a lot to love.

but fact is facts and time waits for no one.

Frenzy
05-15-2009, 01:21 AM
the moment they dump he'll get better on another team we meet in the playoffs..watch.

pawe
05-15-2009, 01:29 AM
You guys are forgetting that the spurs play as a team, they dont need superstars, they just need to mesh properly and play together as one cohesive unit covering for each other. Bonner was signed because he has a set of skills needed by the Spurs. There's a reason why Pop is the coach and we are just posters in this board.

Sean Cagney
05-15-2009, 01:51 AM
You guys are forgetting that the spurs play as a team, they dont need superstars, they just need to mesh properly and play together as one cohesive unit covering for each other. Bonner was signed because he has a set of skills needed by the Spurs. There's a reason why Pop is the coach and we are just posters in this board.

Yeah true, but BONNER IS STILL UTTER TRASH MOST of the time.

SA210
05-15-2009, 03:23 AM
What is so funny, and everyone on this board knows, is that we are going to come back next year with virtually the same exact team + one relatively unknown, unproven, median-aged FA pickup, with no height and no good one on one defense.

This has happened every year since forever, and we should expect no different.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, so long sequ.

Manu-of-steel
05-15-2009, 06:52 AM
with that declaration by sequ, i want bonner to be back! go bonner go!

superjames1992
05-15-2009, 07:07 AM

Sorry...
Um ... okay. Hop off the bandwagon, then...

Extra Stout
05-15-2009, 07:24 AM
:rolleyes Yeah, that team play worked out really well this past season. Everyone knows that you're watching the "team play" as "a cohesive unit" when two players are doing all the scoring, rebounding, and defending for the entire team. Obviously the starting center is contributing greatly and "meshing properly" when the point guard is outrebounding him.

I'm sure the slow, unathletic center who can't rebound or defend, who was originally a throw-in in a salary-dump trade, who was paid money by a GM trying to save face after a saga of incompetence in dealing with Luis Scola, and who laid a giant turd on the floor in the playoffs, is all part of some "plan" that we can't understand because we're just board posters.

Indazone
05-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Bonner will give you that big three point shooting big that you need camped out at the three point line who battles for every rebound in traffic. :tu

manufan10
05-15-2009, 09:13 AM
with that declaration by sequ, i want bonner to be back! go bonner go!

:toast

angelbelow
05-15-2009, 09:17 AM
oh rly? i dont believe you.

NRHector
05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
You guys are forgetting that the spurs play as a team, they dont need superstars, they just need to mesh properly and play together as one cohesive unit covering for each other. Bonner was signed because he has a set of skills needed by the Spurs. There's a reason why Pop is the coach and we are just posters in this board.You are right it is a team but, when only 2 players out of 5 showed up to the games is not a team anymore and about the Bonner's skills, he doesn't have too many and the ones he had he did not bring them to the playoffs

koriwhat
05-15-2009, 09:40 AM

Sorry...

once again.... no one cares. you're done with the spurs every time you post a fuckin' thread and please stop posting threads!

spurspokesman
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM
:rolleyes Yeah, that team play worked out really well this past season. Everyone knows that you're watching the "team play" as "a cohesive unit" when two players are doing all the scoring, rebounding, and defending for the entire team. Obviously the starting center is contributing greatly and "meshing properly" when the point guard is outrebounding him.

I'm sure the slow, unathletic center who can't rebound or defend, who was originally a throw-in in a salary-dump trade, who was paid money by a GM trying to save face after a saga of incompetence in dealing with Luis Scola, and who laid a giant turd on the floor in the playoffs, is all part of some "plan" that we can't understand because we're just board posters.
Spot on:toast

completely deck
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2725/boydogpray.jpg

James210
05-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Anybody that thinks we should keep bonner is a complete idiot

he might be the worst team in the NBA honestly

poop
05-15-2009, 11:00 AM
if we dont have a completely overhauled team next year-and bonner remains- i will be INCREDIBLY ANGRY

symple19
05-15-2009, 11:17 AM
i'm still a Spurs fan, but I don't expect much from them anymore. they had their excellent run. won 4 championships. most dominant team in any sport for a decade. that's a lot to love.

but fact is facts and time waits for no one.

Pure rubbish - Pop himself said they would go after a Star in 2010, when they will be positioned to spend big dollars - Parker is young, and Timmys style means he'll be extremely effective for (in my opinion) 3 more years - Look at the rockets(sic), they are getting it done with gritty role players who are committed to playing defense.Adelman has done a good job as well. I can't believe I just said all those nice things about the rockets:wakeup:flag:

Mel_13
05-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Anybody that thinks we should keep bonner is a complete idiot

he might be the worst team in the NBA honestly

:lol

Muser
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't get why everyone is expecting a huge team shift, when was the last big trade involving the Spurs?

vander
05-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Bonner wasn't the reason we couldn't win it this year. there aren't many big men in the league earning their paycheck to the level Bonner is. He may have lost his shot in the playoffs, but Dallas wasn't giving up the 3, and His D was better than TD's.

we lost because the FO has been riding on TD's coattails for 10 years and TD is no longer what he once was, especially with the tendon problem. Also Manu isn't what he once was.

someday, if this team wants to stay competitive, they are going to have to make a REAL FA acquisition, instead of all the projects, castoffs, old guys, and other riff-raff that TD has always made look good. and they should have seen the beginning of the end with manu against the lakers last year, he's done, he's lost his explosiveness and ability to stay healthy.

we need big changes, but we'll get another finley/ime/horry/bonner/mason/....

Mel_13
05-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Bonner wasn't the reason we couldn't win it this year. there aren't many big men in the league earning their paycheck to the level Bonner is. He may have lost his shot in the playoffs, but Dallas wasn't giving up the 3, and His D was better than TD's.

we lost because the FO has been riding on TD's coattails for 10 years and TD is no longer what he once was, especially with the tendon problem. Also Manu isn't what he once was.

someday, if this team wants to stay competitive, they are going to have to make a REAL FA acquisition, instead of all the projects, castoffs, old guys, and other riff-raff that TD has always made look good. and they should have seen the beginning of the end with manu against the lakers last year, he's done, he's lost his explosiveness and ability to stay healthy.

we need big changes, but we'll get another finley/ime/horry/bonner/mason/....

So do you advocate trading Tim, Tony, or Manu?

Solid D
05-15-2009, 06:12 PM
If Bonner comes back again........I am really done as a Spurs fan...

Sorry...

Only a real man of integrity puts it out there and guarantees it, Sequ. We'll all play the waiting game now. :p: :wakeup

easy7
05-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Keep him during the regular season and trade him before the trade deadline, hell trade him for a female rubber doll or a bag of chips, since he disappears during the playoffs might as well make him disappear for real.

pawe
05-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Bonner's shooting is a very good asset for a team having problems with rebounding. He's a perfect fit for the Spurs because he can draw the PF out the paint.
The Spurs became a 4 down or drive and dish team so the plan was to surround TD and TP with shooters and that 3pt shooting leads to long rebounds (hopefully taking the advantage of "big men" away from the opponents).

The big reason why the Spurs were knocked out early is the inconsistency on shooting...they just cant score. I dont have a problem with Bonner leaving but I do hope the Spurs keep him, teams can always use a 3pt shooting big man.

superjames1992
05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Bonner's shooting is a very good asset for a team having problems with rebounding. He's a perfect fit for the Spurs because he can draw the PF out the paint.
The Spurs became a 4 down or drive and dish team so the plan was to surround TD and TP with shooters and that 3pt shooting leads to long rebounds (hopefully taking the advantage of "big men" away from the opponents).

The big reason why the Spurs were knocked out early is the inconsistency on shooting...they just cant score. I dont have a problem with Bonner leaving but I do hope the Spurs keep him, teams can always use a 3pt shooting big man.
I agree.

E20
05-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Bonner had a decent regular season.

His playoff run sucked pretty bad.

Also the people who thought he would be like a Robert Horry: lol

Spursfan092120
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
They probably will have mostly the same team...they have a 2010 plan...they're going to stick with it.

lurker23
05-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Bonner had a decent regular season.

His playoff run sucked pretty bad.

For the sake of perspective, let's compare Bonner's first real playoff series with another player's first playoff series.

Bonner: 5 games, 100 minutes, 5 of 23 FGs, 3 of 13 3PTs, 16 rebounds (7.7 rebounds per 48 minutes)
Player B: 5 games, 140 minutes, 12 of 36 FGs, 4 of 17 3PTs, 26 rebounds (8.9 rebounds per 48 minutes).

And player B is....

Robert Horry. (1993 playoffs, Rockets over Clippers; http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_1993.html )

Of course, I'm not saying Matt Bonner is or is going to become Robert Horry. I'm simply saying that it's kind of ridiculous to judge whether a player is a "playoff player" based on one series.

Pretty like Robert Horry, if you ask me.

Matt Bonner was 8th in the NBA in 3PT% this past season. If you don't think that helped the Spurs win 54 games, you're crazy. I have no problem including him and his expiring contract in a trade for a player who makes the Spurs better, but I don't see how people who want to drop him for nothing can consider themselves Spurs fans.

SequSpur
05-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Matt Bonner is not very good that's why.

flox
05-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Who can you realistically trade Bonner for?

lefty
05-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Scalabrine >>>>>>>>>>> Bonner

Yes, Scalabrine is an all-star :lol

http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/rapaport7.jpg

NRHector
05-17-2009, 12:53 AM

The big reason why the Spurs were knocked out early is the inconsistency on shooting...they just cant score. I dont have a problem with Bonner leaving but I do hope the Spurs keep him, teams can always use a 3pt shooting big man.we already have Mason and Manu for the 3pt shooting and I think Parker is starting to develop a 3pt shot, Bonner needs to go

Texas_Ranger
05-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Who can you realistically trade Bonner for?

Calvin Booth!:hat

jjktkk
05-17-2009, 03:36 AM

Sorry...

No need to apologize SequSpur. Your one of the many "fairwhether Spur fans." I dispise fair whether fans like you. The more of you that move on, the better for "true Spur fans".

flox
05-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Calvin Booth!:hat

No we can't. Numbers don't work.

sananspursfan21
05-17-2009, 12:34 PM
bonner is a good role player, he just sucks as a starting center. i would welcome him back barring he's a bench player with 15 min. on the rotation (and playing PF)

rayray2k8
05-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't blame sequ for saying that. Bonner is an epic failure and is one of the reasons why this year's team did so poorly in the playoffs.
I will never support him and I hope Ian can help out next season.

superjames1992
05-17-2009, 01:55 PM
bonner is a good role player, he just sucks as a starting center. i would welcome him back barring he's a bench player with 15 min. on the rotation (and playing PF)
I agree.

jjktkk
05-17-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't blame sequ for saying that. Bonner is an epic failure and is one of the reasons why this year's team did so poorly in the playoffs.

Its not just this post, sequ is always bitching about how certain Spurs or the team sucks. Hesx always whines about him not being a Spurs fan anymore. I just basically say good riddance. Its Bonner now, but sequ will cry about some player or coach on the Spurs roster in the future. He always does.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2009, 02:22 PM

Those people are basically the sports writers. Those who kept saying Udoka would be like Bowen.

superjames1992
05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
LOL at you Bonner-haters. You are quick to point out that Bonner did bad in the playoffs, but seem to forget that just about everyone else besides Tony and Timmy did just as bad.

lefty
05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Bonner is on vacation

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9862/bonnershop.jpg

spurtech09
05-17-2009, 08:15 PM
bonner it going to be great seeing you retiring as a spur.....lets go bonner :).....bye bye sequ

spursfan1000
05-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Saying you wont be a Spurs fan just if one player returns, that is sad. Bonner is a scrub though, POP just tried to make a scrub be a successfull starting center and he misarably failed. I also don't think Bonner will start to play alot next year that is if Ian Mahammi and Tiago Splitter come.

Sean Cagney
05-17-2009, 10:53 PM
F BONNER, must I come in here and say it again.....

YES, F BONNER.

poop
05-18-2009, 01:28 AM
BONNER came to symbolize all that was wrong with the spurs last 2 seasons.

OFFLOAD HIM AT ANY COST

objective
05-18-2009, 01:51 AM
lol

Here is the typical routine of most Spurs fans: briefly realize the roster isn't good enough to win, examine roster, rationalize and make excuses for all the players, talk themselves into believing the Spurs should be bringing every player back and being very certain that all that is needed is a healthy roster. And victory is at hand. Repeat next year.

"Man, this roster! They can't win, they have to make changes! Let's look at the roster . . .

Matt Bonner . . . People knock Matt Bonner too much! He wasn't expected to fill such a role! He led the NBA in the regular season in 3 pt % for so long . . . and he's cheap! After all, he should be limited to 15 minutes a game, then he'll be great! Because playing 15 minutes is much better than the 20 minutes he was getting! And he was being crowded too much! The Mavs were being meanies not letting him shoot wide open shots and quite disrespectul when they took all the rebounds away.

Kurt Thomas . . . He sets picks! He had one awesome month! Even though he's old and breaking down, you gotta bring him back! He's due to get better match-ups as he gets even older! And his mid-range jumper used to be so money, I have no doubt that he's still as good as he was in his prime! He's so tough.

Ime Udoka . . . man, for the veteran's minimum, what do you expect? And he was so tough and full of hustle! Remember that dunk in the last regular season game? They got to bring him back, he was good for handling Artest!

Fabricio Oberto . . . Let's not forget he was a starter on a title winning team! Hell, he was the starter on the team that beat the same Cavs team in the playoffs now! Closing out the 4th quarter of the clincher. He's so . . . savvy. Great veteran leadership. If only he didn't need his heart restarted. Next year he'll be healthy and awesome!

Drew Gooden . . . man, this guy can score! Spurs need to give him the full MLE for as many years as possible, lock this cat up! "

and so on and so on . . .

superjames1992
05-18-2009, 06:35 AM
Agreed ... I guess Spurs fans just need a scapegoat or something. It's ridiculous the amount of hate Bonner gets when there were obviously players on the team that were worse than him. And then you have people saying that he was the reason that we lost to Dallas, ect. That makes zero sense. Since when did one player who scores less than 10 ppg become the reason that a team loses a playoff series? And then these same people look past everyone else playing just as terribly against Dallas.

bigfan
05-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Spurs that I would not miss if they werent arouind next year:
Bonner (wilted in playoffs)
Vaughn (needs to retire or coach)
Williams (or whoever else the spare is)
Finley (thanks for the effort but the bloom is off that rose)
Oberto (good player but heart condition is a time bomb)
and Mahimi if he cant hack training camp and the first part of next season.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Bonner for Sequ?

Yeah, it's worth it.

TJastal
05-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Popovich's shitty coaching came to symbolize all that was wrong with the spurs last 2 seasons.

OFFLOAD HIM AT ANY COST

Fixed