PDA

View Full Version : David Stern pregame meeting for game 7 in L.A.

BRHornet45
05-15-2009, 04:17 AM
05/17/09 - David Stern addresses his officiating and broadcast crew in the pregame meeting.....

Guys I would like to introduce you to our newest head of storyline development, Vince McMahon. I am sure that you all know of him from his extremely successful company World Wrestling Entertainment. I feel that since our NBA is heading in the direction of sports entertainment there is no better person in the world to add to our storyline writing crew than Vince. Welcome aboard my friend.

Now let me congratulate our referees for an incredible job well done this playoff season. With the exception of a couple of games, you guys have done your best to keep most of the games close and exciting for our fans. However, the Denver/NO and LA/Houston blowouts really hurt our television ratings and I know you understand that games like that simply cannot happen again. We lost a couple million dollars in ratings due to those games. Also great job in sticking to our plan of stretching this series to 7 games. Remember, more games more money for all of us.

The game plan for tonight is a no brainer. Keep it as close as possible until at least midway through the 4th and push the Lakers to victory. Refs, make sure that Kobe gets to the line at least 15 times tonight with most of those trips coming in the 4th. With the way that he has been shooting this season, God knows it will take him 25 shot attempts to score 25 points and we simply cannot have our star player score that low tonight. I don't care what you have to call, but help him get to the line.

For our broadcast crew, you guys have done a great job hyping up the drama in this series between Kobe and Artest. However with it being game 7, don't mention that tonight. I want you to repeatedly stress to our audience what a true winner and warrior on the court that Kobe is. If other Laker players perform well tonight, acknowledge it but don't hype them up too much. Tonight is about Kobe and make sure our audience understands that. Vince and his crew from the WWE already have the pyro and other special effects setup. In addition they have also planned a very special entrance for Kobe along with a highlight video of him that will be shown before he makes his entrance. You guys are going to love the entrance that they have planned tonight. Kobe will be dramatically lifted down from the rafters! Now lets go make this happen boys!

romsho
05-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Wrong. It's easier than that. Too early for Bennett Salvataore to come back, but not Joey Crawford. So it will be Joey Crawford and Dick Bavetta, and Chuck Hayes, Scola, and Landry will all be saddled with early fouls, effectively neutering them from any type of physical play against this soft Lakers team. Once this is established, the deeper Laker team should be able to comfortably get and keep a lead. If for some reason the Rockets are able to stay in the game, the backup plan will then be a Kobe Bryant parade to the foul line. Probably will not be necessary though. Plan A should take care of things.

Sportstudi
05-15-2009, 05:15 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

NBA Junkie
05-15-2009, 06:41 AM
I'd usually agree with this, but the Rockets are so undermanned in a hostile environment that the refs won't have to decide this one as the Lakers win convincingly.

This is about as funny as all the people who actually thought the Hawks had a shot at winning game 7 in Boston last postseason. :lol

Indazone
05-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Odds are long that's for sure. Strange things can happen in game 7's.

pauls931
05-15-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm for it with the off chance something goes wrong and kobe falls from the rafters and splats on the court.

iggypop123
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
unless stern dies tonight we will win sunday

poop
05-15-2009, 11:54 AM
the sad thing is that most of that is probably true.

ill bet my balls we see one of 2 things:

either
1. scola/hayes get saddled with lots of early ticky-tack fouls

and/or (especially if its close)

2. a 4th-quarter freethrow shooting parade for the lakers.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-15-2009, 11:57 AM
It's a pretty sad statement on the credibility of the NBA that I'm considering watching game seven not because I am sucked in by the drama and excitement of a game seven, but to see if this game will be called straight.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2009, 12:10 PM
05/17/09 - David Stern addresses his officiating and broadcast crew in the pregame meeting.....

Guys I would like to introduce you to our newest head of storyline development, Vince McMahon. I am sure that you all know of him from his extremely successful company World Wrestling Entertainment. I feel that since our NBA is heading in the direction of sports entertainment there is no better person in the world to add to our storyline writing crew than Vince. Welcome aboard my friend.

Now let me congratulate our referees for an incredible job well done this playoff season. With the exception of a couple of games, you guys have done your best to keep most of the games close and exciting for our fans. However, the Denver/NO and LA/Houston blowouts really hurt our television ratings and I know you understand that games like that simply cannot happen again. We lost a couple million dollars in ratings due to those games. Also great job in sticking to our plan of stretching this series to 7 games. Remember, more games more money for all of us.

The game plan for tonight is a no brainer. Keep it as close as possible until at least midway through the 4th and push the Lakers to victory. Refs, make sure that Kobe gets to the line at least 15 times tonight with most of those trips coming in the 4th. With the way that he has been shooting this season, God knows it will take him 25 shot attempts to score 25 points and we simply cannot have our star player score that low tonight. I don't care what you have to call, but help him get to the line.

For our broadcast crew, you guys have done a great job hyping up the drama in this series between Kobe and Artest. However with it being game 7, don't mention that tonight. I want you to repeatedly stress to our audience what a true winner and warrior on the court that Kobe is. If other Laker players perform well tonight, acknowledge it but don't hype them up too much. Tonight is about Kobe and make sure our audience understands that. Vince and his crew from the WWE already have the pyro and other special effects setup. In addition they have also planned a very special entrance for Kobe along with a highlight video of him that will be shown before he makes his entrance. You guys are going to love the entrance that they have planned tonight. Kobe will be dramatically lifted down from the rafters! Now lets go make this happen boys!

Dude, i hope you are right. Stern needs to pull some strings. Kobe better get 20 free throws.

TampaDude
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Odds are long that's for sure. Strange things can happen in game 7's.

Yup...you throw the stat book out the window when it comes to a Game 7...anything can happen!

Fabbs
05-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Who is the poster whose sig has Stern and his 4 donkeys?
Oh and 4 more 4 legged donkeys.

Spur-Addict
05-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Who is the poster whose sig has Stern and his 4 donkeys?
Oh and 4 more 4 legged donkeys.

Tacker?

sonic21
05-15-2009, 01:51 PM
Maybe the NBA will let the Rockets win to throw off all the ppl that think they're fixing games.

:wakeup

IronMexican
05-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I'd usually agree with this, but the Rockets are so undermanned in a hostile environment that the refs won't have to decide this one as the Lakers win convincingly.

This is about as funny as all the people who actually thought the Hawks had a shot at winning game 7 in Boston last postseason. :lol

You're a Celtic fan now?

Indazone
05-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Well guess the question now is which team will bring in the most revenues and viewers if they win? Would it be the depleted Rockets team depending on sympathy and the fanbase that always roots for the underdogs or would it be the fans of the Lakeshow? Personally, right now I think the Rockets are a bigger draw. Heck even Obama commented on the series

Obama texts Shane Battier (http://briefingroom.thehill.com/2009/05/13/obama-texts-shane-battier/)

@ 2:41 pm by Jeremy P. Jacobs (http://briefingroom.thehill.com/author/jjacobs/)
OK, not exactly…but sort of. President Obama's body man, Reggie Love, texted Shane Battier, a star of the Houston Rockets and former teammate of Love's at Duke, with a message from Obama after the Rockets game against the Los Angeles Lakers last weekend.

Battier told Fox's Houston affiliate: (http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/090511_rockets_obama) "Through Reggie he sent me a message that said good job leading the guys in the face of adversity…It was pretty cool. Not your garden variety text message you get every day."

I wonder what Coach K thinks about that (http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/03/coach_k_on_obama_he_should_foc.html)?
[email protected]

http://twitter.com/richardjustice

YES WE CAN!

sook
05-15-2009, 02:22 PM
Jerry crawford officiating at the staples again.!??!?!?! :lol:rollin:lmao

Fabbs
05-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Tacker?
Beautious. Yes, thank you.

Can anyone edit this for me and get the swear words out?
Not prefered on another board i post on.
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6370/zebrarefs.png

Spur-Addict
05-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Beauteous. Yes, thank you.

Can anyone edit this for me and get the swear words out?
Not prefered on another board i post on.
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6370/zebrarefs.png

Eh, just a guess, I tried. Your welcome. But i don't know how to remove words from pics etc. That's not my specialty.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-15-2009, 06:06 PM
VhlGYvIMPgQwVfZ-CU-bx0MpPCKn9ZX3w6CARPuq4BewI_qRhkCozqA[youtube][/youtube

You Know the FIX IS IN.....

Rockets Got NO CHANCE....

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5109/jcrawsign.jpg

UrAphag
05-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Lakers dominated by 40 in game 5. I guess the refs made that happen

cobbler
05-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Just more sour grapes and conspiricy crap from a fan whose team is no longer playing... nothing new here.

:whine

Fabbs
05-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Props Tacker for the edited version. Now if any want to spread it to boards that are non-swearing, here it 'tis.

After J.A. Adandes quote, wow. Laker Nozers are really in denial/spin control.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4695/zebraheads.png