PDA

View Full Version : LMAO lakers

stretch
05-15-2009, 08:51 AM
lol cant take care of a massively undermanned/undersized team

lol more proof that regular season record against a team means little

pauls931
05-15-2009, 08:53 AM
It's all about homecourt with LA. They need their crowd which is why I was happy when cleveland go the best record in the league.

hater
05-15-2009, 08:53 AM
solid thread.

Getting beat by the Rockets without Yao. Twice. LMAO

leemajors
05-15-2009, 08:56 AM
lolakers

stretch
05-15-2009, 09:01 AM
its just funny how morons like drhouse thinks that just because the lakers beat cleveland in the regular season, means they are going to cruise untouched to the finals and beat cleveland in 5 or a sweep or whatever.

regular season doesnt mean much in the playoffs. playoffs is all about who wants it more. the lakers clearly dont have the kind of focus that the Cavs have. and all laker fans do is make excuses, saying they play down to competitione, etc...

lakers will most likely win game 7, but so far they clearly do not seem have the heart of a champion.

ElNono
05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
lakers will most likely win game 7, but so far they clearly do not seem have the heart of a champion.

Or defense.

manufan10
05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
lol Lakers are soft.

lol Laker fans thinking they're going to cruise past the Nuggets.

lol Laker fans forgot about getting past the Rockets first.

pauls931
05-15-2009, 09:06 AM
In the regular season you can surprise people. That's how the suns got such good records a few years back was a team would come off a playing a regulare game... Then say "holy shit, these guys are running and shooting like mad!" Then the playoffs come and other teams have time to study film, make sure they have the right people to get back on D, etc... And then the suns struggle.

So it will come down to who can plan and adjust better between cleveland and LA and probably just flat out who has the better players. (sometimes a team is so good, there's not a damn thing you can do)

florige
05-15-2009, 09:09 AM
LA in no way shape or form has shown me that they can beat Denver in a 7 game series. There is no excuse for this.

resistanze
05-15-2009, 09:20 AM
LMAO Mbenga

DPG21920
05-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Cue the: "hows the fishing..."

Ghazi
05-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Houston is a tougher matchup than Denver.

People question LA's defense but Denver's isn't that good either, at least it didn't appear great against Dallas.

Houston is winning with defense.

Denver beat Dallas by outscoring them.

You don't wanna try and outscore LA, it just isn't gonna happen 4/7 times. Say what you will about their defense but their offense is stacked and balanced.

That's why Cleveland has the best shot to beat LA.

Blake
05-15-2009, 09:51 AM

true: lol 2007 mavs

lmao lakers

Muser
05-15-2009, 09:56 AM

People question LA's defense but Denver's isn't that good either, at least it didn't appear great against Dallas.

You don't wanna try and outscore LA, it just isn't gonna happen 4/7 times. Say what you will about their defense but their offense is stacked and balanced.

Good post, agree with everything :toast

Blake
05-15-2009, 10:03 AM

No way. Denver is stacked and the Lakers would face some real tough matchup problems.

Who would guard Melo? Kobe?

that's just for starters.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Cue the: "hows the fishing..."

misery loves company

btw...how's the fishing

IronMexican
05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
lol cant take care of a massively undermanned/undersized team

I think the 07 Mavs taught us that.

florige
05-15-2009, 10:05 AM
No way. Denver is stacked and the Lakers would face some real tough matchup problems.

Who would guard Melo? Kobe?

that's just for starters.

Walton is the Melo stopper according to Laker fans.

samikeyp
05-15-2009, 10:05 AM
its just funny how morons like drhouse thinks that just because the lakers beat cleveland in the regular season, means they are going to cruise untouched to the finals and beat cleveland in 5 or a sweep or whatever.

That is absolutely true. Regular season success over an opponent guarantees the same in the playoffs, especially the finals.

Sincerly,
The 2007 Cavs.

TheMACHINE
05-15-2009, 10:06 AM

oh wait....or did they? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 10:08 AM

Actually I don't believe they did, I think they were either 1-3, 1-2 or 0-4 against Golden State in the regular season that year. I remember that cause I was praying Dallas would get them in the first round cause ever since Golden State got B-Diddy it actually was a team they struggled against in the regular season.

TheMACHINE
That is absolutely true. Regular season success over an opponent guarantees the same in the playoffs, especially the finals.

Sincerly,
The 2007 Cavs.

I beg to differ.

Sincerly,
The 2007 Warriors

stretch
true: lol 2007 mavs

lmao lakers

I'd say the 07 Mavs taught us that basketball as a game of matchups more than anything. Position by position, every guy pretty much was a nightmare matchup for every Maverick player. Not to mention Avery and his dumbass coaching, and Terry playing like shit. Regular season record gets over come pretty much every time. Bad matchups are almost always the reasons that there are upsets in the playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 10:10 AM
I was wrong, sort of, they were 0-3 in the regular season against GS that year.

But regular season record still doesn't matter.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 10:12 AM

Sincerly,
The 2007 Cavs.

Co-signed,
The 2008 Suns

samikeyp
05-15-2009, 10:12 AM
I beg to differ.

Sincerly,
The 2007 Warriors

You beg to differ that regular season success over an opponent guarantees the same in the playoffs, especially the finals? :lol

I should have emphasized the finals in my post but regular season success is still no guarantee in the playoffs. :toast

Thunder Dan
05-15-2009, 10:14 AM

Sincerly,
The 2007 Cavs.

the 07 Cavs had more heart and toughness than this year's Lakers. This year's Lakers are just a bunch of soft pussies

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 10:15 AM
the 07 Cavs had more heart and toughness than this year's Lakers. This year's Lakers are just a bunch of soft pussies

If this year's Lakers had the same lack of heart but also had the lack of talent the 2007 Cavs had they would have missed the playoffs.

But on the flip side if they had the same amount of heart as that team they'd win it all.

01Snake
05-15-2009, 10:15 AM

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html

Thunder Dan
05-15-2009, 10:18 AM
If this year's Lakers had the same lack of heart but also had the lack of talent the 2007 Cavs had they would have missed the playoffs.

But on the flip side if they had the same amount of heart as that team they'd win it all.

the 07 Cavs are to Rudy, as the 09 Lakers are to Judge Smails from Caddyshack

TeyshaBlue
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
I was wrong, sort of, they were 0-3 in the regular season against GS that year.

But regular season record still doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter unless you look at how GS beat Dallas in the regular season. Apparently, Avery didn't.
I knew we were doomed the minute I knew we had GS in the playoff.:depressed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 10:28 AM
the 07 Cavs are to Rudy, as the 09 Lakers are to Judge Smails from Caddyshack

:lmao

Does that mean the 2009 Rockets are like Danny the caddy?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 10:32 AM
It doesn't matter unless you look at how GS beat Dallas in the regular season. Apparently, Avery didn't.
I knew we were doomed the minute I knew we had GS in the playoff.:depressed

IMO Avery did and he overreacted to it, so he inserted Devon George into the starting lineup at center. Charles Barkley said it best, don't change the lineup that won you 67 games and got you here.

I still think Avery is a good coach but he will always take plenty of well-deserved blame for that series.

Thunder Dan
05-15-2009, 10:44 AM

Does that mean the 2009 Rockets are like Danny the caddy?

the 2009 Rockets are like Daniel from the Karate Kid. Hurt, ailing, and dependent on an Asain

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
the 2009 Rockets are like Daniel from the Karate Kid. Hurt, ailing, and dependent on an Asain

They are clearly not dependent on an Asian. They're 2-1 against LA w/o this Asian you speak of :lmao

Thunder Dan
05-15-2009, 10:47 AM
or maybe the 2009 Rockets are Adam Banks from Mighty Ducks

R2NIQtoTJMM

koriwhat
05-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I'd say the 07 Mavs taught us that basketball as a game of matchups more than anything. Position by position, every guy pretty much was a nightmare matchup for every Maverick player. Not to mention Avery and his dumbass coaching, and Terry playing like shit. Regular season record gets over come pretty much every time. Bad matchups are almost always the reasons that there are upsets in the playoffs.

you know, i hate aj as much as the next dude but he got the mavs to the finals in his first yr! i don't know what's so dumbass about that. i just think the mavs as a whole didn't buy into aj's philosophy and they all thought they'd be better off ignoring him. they thought wrong and look where they are now even with a new coach.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
you know, i hate aj as much as the next dude but he got the mavs to the finals in his first yr! i don't know what's so dumbass about that. i just think the mavs as a whole didn't buy into aj's philosophy and they all thought they'd be better off ignoring him. they thought wrong and look where they are now even with a new coach.

AJ and Terry Porter went through the same unfair firing.....they both had a team of player who got them fired because they didn't like being held accountable for shot selection and defense.

Red Hawk #21
05-15-2009, 11:29 AM
LOL DR HOUSE, I wonder what's the excuse now?

stretch
05-15-2009, 11:41 AM

His coaching was HORRIBLE in the series against GS.

He was never really good at making adjustments either. I don't think he's a bad coach, but he wore out his welcome. I'm sure he will learn from the experience and come back one day as a very good coach.

Carlisle actually did a hell of a job. The team had a lot of different issues to deal with, including quite a few injuries, and a pretty mediocre team aside from Dirk, and still got them to 50 wins, a 6th seed, and the 2nd round. He did a damn good job overall.

DAF86
05-15-2009, 11:50 AM
lol sweep

lol Bynum best center in the western conference (yes Allanon, this is for you)

lol DrHouse disappearance

urunobili
05-15-2009, 11:51 AM
lol Kobe with the technical for pushing Artest

lol the Lakers probably retiring nbr 8 not 24

Trainwreck2100
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
or maybe the 2009 Rockets are Adam Banks from Mighty Ducks

R2NIQtoTJMM

Nu-uh the 09 rockets are not a bunch of cake eaters

Thunder Dan
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Nu-uh the 09 rockets are not a bunch of cake eaters

The Lakers are a bunch of fruitcakes and the Rockets are then indeed cake eaters

TheMACHINE
02-10-2010, 05:35 PM

regular season doesnt mean much in the playoffs. playoffs is all about who wants it more. the lakers clearly dont have the kind of focus that the Cavs have. and all laker fans do is make excuses, saying they play down to competitione, etc...

lol Lakers are soft.

lol Laker fans thinking they're going to cruise past the Nuggets.

lol Laker fans forgot about getting past the Rockets first.

LA in no way shape or form has shown me that they can beat Denver in a 7 game series. There is no excuse for this.

Cleveland Cavalier 2010 Champions! Book it! SpursTalk fans never get it wrong...buahaha

j.dizzle
02-10-2010, 05:41 PM
:lmao I love this fuckin forum

DazedAndConfused
02-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Wow major ownage going on here.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-10-2010, 06:04 PM

Look at this dumb Texas pleb. :lmao

Funnily enough, this what everyone keeps telling Laker fans this year as well. When will you people actually understand basketball? A healthy Lakers team is repeating. Mark my fucking words.

Ode to Triple Ocho
02-10-2010, 06:05 PM

Myopic Cleveland fan :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

HarlemHeat37
05-28-2010, 02:11 AM
What's the point?..

It's bumpable if they beat Boston/Orlando..they haven't really done anything yet, I'm pretty sure everybody that follows the NBA picked them to win the West..

Your trolling has been suffering since your identity was revealed..sorry..

21_Blessings
05-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Thunder Dan has thousands of gems like that.

I wish the Lakers could be regular season champions like Dallas-East.

TheMACHINE
05-28-2010, 02:14 AM
What's the point?..

It's bumpable if they beat Boston/Orlando..they haven't really done anything yet, I'm pretty sure everybody that follows the NBA picked them to win the West..

Your trolling has been suffering since your identity was revealed..sorry..

butthurt

florige
05-28-2010, 10:04 AM
LOL DR HOUSE, I wonder what's the excuse now?

haha. I knew there was one LA fan missing. What did he get banned or something?

Giuseppe
05-28-2010, 10:57 AM
haha. I knew there was one LA fan missing. What did he get banned or something?

As Los Angeles Lakers Emeritus he's been touring the Far East (on per diem:() in the search for the meaning of life and how to shave a puss.