PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft Prospect: Nic Wise

Bruno
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/images.nachofoto.com/b-Guard-Nic-Wise-13-of-4eef8d253fc3.jpeg
Height: 5-10
Weight: 177 lbs
Birthday: 09/08/87
College: Arizona

nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/nic-wise)

Bruno
05-15-2009, 10:30 AM
His Twitter :
http://twitter.com/nicwise

# The San Antonio Spurs called ya boy......... workout # 1. Lets Get It!

9:14 PM May 5th

Pucho!!!
05-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Funny, it seems the 1st 2 workouts the spurs r holding r for 2 under 6' PG, I wonder if that means Hill would be moving to SG or if the Spurs think it best to draft a 3rd PG with their 2nd Rd picks than pickin up a vet for the min :wow

urunobili
05-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Funny, it seems the 1st 2 workouts the spurs r holding r for 2 under 6' PG, I wonder if that means Hill would be moving to SG or if the Spurs think it best to draft a 3rd PG with their 2nd Rd picks than pickin up a vet for the min :wow

The weird thing is that the Toro's PG is pretty damn good to make it to 3rd PG on the roster... i wonder if they're just revamping the Toro's... :wakeup

Pucho!!!
05-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Do u think it might have something to do with salaries? Like could they offer and possibly sign a 2nd rounder for cheaper than what they would pay 1 of the toros PGs?

misterx91578
05-15-2009, 04:08 PM
His Twitter :
http://twitter.com/nicwise

this look familiar for some reason
:p:

duncan228
05-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Wise isn't likely to be selected, many say (http://www.azstarnet.com/sports/295036)
By Bruce Pascoe
Arizona Daily Star

CHICAGO — For more than a month, Nic Wise has kept mostly quiet while exploring the option of irrevocably entering the NBA draft.

The NBA has stayed quiet, too.

Although team executives are not allowed to comment on underclassmen such as Wise who still have the option of returning to school, the league has sent out some signals that Wise faces long odds of being chosen in the June 25 draft.

Wise has worked out for several teams individually, such as his hometown Houston Rockets and the nearby San Antonio Spurs, but he was not among the 52 players invited to the NBA's pre-draft combine this week. Invitations were given out based on team votes on players they would like to see.

Considering that roughly a dozen more players not on hand could be drafted — including European players such as Brandon Jennings and seniors who already participated in the NBA's Portsmouth Invitational camp — the draft's 60 spots may already have been nearly spoken for.

"If you're not even being considered" at the combine, NBA scout Ryan Blake said, "it might be a good idea to go back to school."

As of now, Wise is not listed among the top 30 point guard prospects on the well-regarded Draft Express Web site, either.

"He's not even in our database," said Jonathan Givony, Draft Express' president. "I don't think he's a draft prospect."

Still, under the current rules, Wise has nothing to lose except time and a little of his own money. Players who have not signed with an agent can return to school, but they must remain academically eligible, and they must pay their own way to individual workouts.
In exchange, Wise gets free feedback from professional scouts and generates some national name recognition.

"He's doing nothing wrong and everything right," UA coach Sean Miller said. "He's working out for NBA teams, he has the name in the draft and doesn't have an agent. … I think he's doing a really good job of handling it."

Wise's best pro option at this point might be to go ahead and jump into the European market where, Givony said, he is good enough already to earn a low six-figure salary if he is guided by the right people.

As of now, Wise's father and former high school coach, Greg Wise, has been working with his son and communicating with Miller. Greg Wise has not responded to messages from the Star seeking comment.

Nic Wise has stayed in touch with former teammates Chase Budinger and Jordan Hill.
"He's been doing real good" in team workouts, Hill said. "I just wish him the best."

Budinger declined to say which way he thought Wise was leaning, and that Wise would probably take his time deciding, as Budinger did last spring when he kept his name in the draft until the withdrawal deadline.

"Maybe not as close as me, but he'll be pretty close," Budinger said.

Even if Wise does go up to the June 15 deadline, he'll still be able to withdraw in time to try out for the U.S. World University Games team.

Then, of course, Wise would have the opportunity to play under a former point guard in Miller, further prove he can play point guard to NBA officials, and lead what would essentially be his team as a senior.

Meanwhile, Miller said he's trying to help Wise however he can in the process.

"Absolutely," Miller said. "I think the responsibility of our staff and coaches is to get the right feedback. There's a lot of ways to get the wrong feedback. But I think Nic and his family have the right feedback, and are going about things in the right way."

jdaveah
05-30-2009, 12:56 PM
Watched every Arizona game the past few years (I'm an alum) and we can do alot worse than Nic Wise. He's an offensive option, which is more than can be said for Vaughn....but he should go back to school.

duncan228
06-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Wise Coming Back for Senior Year (http://www.arizonaathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060609aaa.html)
Guard notifies Miller of his decision...
June 6, 2009

TUCSON--Arizona all-Pac-10 guard Nic Wise will return to the University of Arizona basketball team for his senior season in 2009-2010 and withdraw from entering the NBA Draft as a junior, head coach Sean Miller announced today.

"Now that I've made a decision, I'm really looking forward to my senior year," Wise said. The junior point guard had put his name into the draft pool last month.

"I'm glad I went through the process of contacting the league and working out for NBA teams. I got some really good feedback about my game and it was a positive experience. It felt right to do it and learn more about the professional game and what it takes to get there," Wise said.

"We are all very excited with Nic's return," Miller said. "His talent, leadership and ability will make him one of the premier players in the Pac-10 this coming season.

"As important, this puts him in position to leave the University of Arizona with his degree. We are looking forward to a great senior year for Nic," Miller said.

Wise, who made himself eligible for the NBA Draft on April 16 but did not hire an agent, averaged 15.7 points, 2.5 rebounds and 4.6 assists per game in 35 appearances this past season.

He ranked among Pac-10 leaders in scoring, assists, steals per game, free throw percentage, three-point field goals made, three-point percentage, assist:turnover ratio and minutes played. He was a second-team all-Pac-10 selection.

His return adds a big piece to the puzzle Miller faces in putting together his first Wildcat team. Miller was named to take over the reins of the heralded Arizona program on April 6. He signed an incoming class of noted recruits last month and completed his staff in the last couple of days.

Arizona lost the services of two stalwarts when potential 2010 seniors Jordan Hill and Chase Budinger declared for the draft a few days after Miller was hired. Both are projected as first-round selections.

yavozerb
06-06-2009, 04:40 PM
His Twitter :
http://twitter.com/nicwise#

Unfortunatly, thats the only call he got....:lol

Bruno
06-06-2009, 04:50 PM
#

Unfortunatly, thats the only call he got....:lol

Not really, he said he worked out for 6 teams.

yavozerb
06-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Not really, he said he worked out for 6 teams.

Bruno, it was a joke...loosen up a little. :rollin

Bruno
06-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Bruno, it was a joke...loosen up a little. :rollin

Sorry, I didn't get it. :depressed

:)