PDA

View Full Version : Tom Hanks

200 miles
05-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I went to the movies with the limited options of watching either Angels & Demons or Next Day Air (I went with the latter) and I was thinking about Mr. Hanks. I was wondering the why and when.

WHY is he bothering with this pointless "religious/controversial" franchise with Opie WHEN he could start on the project of directing 2061: Odyssey Three and/or 3001: The Final Odyssey?

He is known to be an avid fan of the four Arthur Clarke novels and even talked about directing the last two and even starring in one of them. I think with him at the helm he would not only bring closure to the adaptations but also the type of social significance that 2001 brought.

Will it ever be done?

Cry Havoc
05-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Maybe he feels like being Robert Langdon?

The Dan Brown series of novels is fascinating and incredibly well-researched, although not entirely accurate.

Tom Hanks is (IMO) the finest "Hollywood" actor in the past 30 years. I think at this point, he's accomplished so much that he's just having fun and taking on projects that he wants to pursue.

Deputy Fife
05-15-2009, 01:08 PM
WHY is he bothering with this pointless "religious/controversial" franchise with Opie
I agree, because well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's shitty directors. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of actors going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud. You don't just mollycoddle them.

Dr. Gonzo
05-15-2009, 01:16 PM
rofl

:rollin

Udokafan05
05-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Most overrated actor ever, behind cruise.

EricB
05-16-2009, 12:06 AM
I agree, because well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's shitty directors. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of actors going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud. You don't just mollycoddle them.

Thats awesome.

dickface
05-16-2009, 02:43 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/04/10/tom-hanks-signs-on-to-angels-demons-for-record-payout/

never underestimate the power of a gigantic payday.

exstatic
05-16-2009, 10:32 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/04/10/tom-hanks-signs-on-to-angels-demons-for-record-payout/

never underestimate the power of a gigantic payday.

+1
Gigantic is the operative word. DC grossed like $750M worldwide. I'll never fault an actor for dipping into that well more than once. He's got a family, after all. Hanks also isn't that old that he can't dip into the cash well, and still do projects that have meaning for him.