PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry/Spurs 5K run today

foodie2
03-26-2005, 06:14 PM
I ran next to RC for about a half mile until he finally slowly pulled away. I was kind of surprised to see him run so slowly, since I'm 53 years old and don't run all that fast. Anyway, Brent and his wife were there, and RC, and the Coyote and the Silver Dancers.

And I finished without having to slow down and walk, which at my age is about all I can hope for.

Was anyone else there who can tell me where the results will be posted? I thought I had the URL correct, but it's not. I want to see how many other old women in my age group beat me. :lol

Kori Ellis
03-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Good job for competing, foodie!

I think the results will be here.

http://www.iaapweb.com/results.htm

But they aren't there yet.

timvp
03-26-2005, 06:23 PM
How many people showed up?

foodie2
03-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Thanks, Kori, that's it. I had one letter wrong.

I don't know--I'm not very good at estimating crowds, and there was sweat in my eyes most of the time anyway. :lol I'd say several hundred, from the way it looked. There were a lot of packets not picked up, though.

1Parker1
03-26-2005, 08:49 PM
None of the other Spurs participated?...I mean I know Duncan and Devin are excused and all.... :)

exstatic
03-26-2005, 08:58 PM
In other news, Brent Barry was unable to make it to 3K[/rimshot]

1Parker1
03-26-2005, 09:01 PM
LOL. Great going ex, now Whott's gonna come in here and turn it into another one of his Barry rules all threads.

whottt
03-26-2005, 09:06 PM
I just think it's funny that 1Parker is going around trashing Barry's 3 point shooting when Tony hasn't been able to hit the side of a barn from 3 all season...and he's been non-existent in the 4th quarter of the last 20 games we've played. And unlike Barry Tony has been here for 4 years and just got 60 million dollar pay raise and he grades out as the most unclutch performer on the team. But I guess his heart is unquestionable since he's been on the 50 most beautiful people list....

foodie2
03-26-2005, 09:19 PM
None of the other Spurs participated?...I mean I know Duncan and Devin are excused and all....

No, none of the other Spurs were there, that I saw. And FWIW, by the time I dragged my weary butt across the finish line (5th in my age group, I'll have you know) Brent Barry had left, so he didn't stick around very long after the start. I thought the least he could have done was to stay around for the results.

johnny00
03-27-2005, 09:23 AM
But I guess his heart is unquestionable since he's been on the 50 most beautiful people list....

Here, Here

How this guy is one of the more popular Spurs I'll never know.