PDA

View Full Version : One more reason David is better then shaq

clubalien
05-15-2009, 02:31 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Shaq-admits-to-taking-performance-enhancing-cere?urn=nba,163521

Shaq admits to using performance enhancers during an interview on 790 The Zone in Atlanta when he was asked whether he had ever taken performance-enhancing steroids.

samikeyp
05-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Someone needs to tell Shaq that Krispy Kremes aren't performance enhancers. :)

IronMexican
05-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Dy-0RWbbzd8

Robinson was a solid second option

Mel_13
05-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Dy-0RWbbzd8

2 things about that clip:

Young Shaq was awesome

How many players other than DRob would have challenged a runaway Shaq at the rim in an ALL-STAR game?

whottt
05-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Dy-0RWbbzd8

Drob wiped his ass with Shaq with regularity until his back broke. And even then he held Shaq to his playoff lows in every single postseason matchup they had...and that was old Drob VS Shaq in his prime.

Drob could approximate Shaq in upperbody strength, Shaq couldn't approximate Drob's speed.

But just so we're clear on this, Drob was 7-1 against Shaq his first 4 years in the league, then he broke down.

NewJerSpur
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Where's that clip (that RARELY ever surfaces due to the imbalance of popularity between the two players) where Timmy blocked Shaq's TWO handed stuff with ONE FREAKING HAND....Duncan fell down in the process, but swatted the ball to the moon. I saw it on TNT once during a commercial preview of an upcoming Spurs/Lakers game years ago.

lefty
05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Where's that clip (that RARELY ever surfaces due to the imbalance of popularity between the two players) where Timmy blocked Shaq's TWO handed stuff with ONE FREAKING HAND....Duncan fell down in the process, but swatted the ball to the moon. I saw it on TNT once during a commercial preview of an upcoming Spurs/Lakers game years ago.

At 1:48 ? (not sure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEdkx_inbPU

NewJerSpur
05-15-2009, 03:38 PM
At 1:48 ? (not sure)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEdkx_inbPU

That's a different one....but it works for me Lefty. I'll have to see if the other one can be tracked down.

In the mean time:

Weak Shaq, weak.

People forget how great Tim Duncan has really been.

stretch
05-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Shaq > DRob

stxspurs
05-15-2009, 05:16 PM
those timmy plays shows just how bad he has slowed down over the years....it reminds me of watching drob early in his career...i was in awe of how quick and ripped david was. no other center like him at the time

Spursfan092120
05-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Dy-0RWbbzd8

cI1ewT5RiVQ KMMgJjaDZXI
See what I'm getting at? Dave before the broken back was better than Shaq IMO.

CubanMustGo
05-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Shaq > DRob

If you're talking about weight, sure.

GSH
05-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Shaq admits to using performance enhancers during an interview on 790 The Zone in Atlanta when he was asked whether he had ever taken performance-enhancing steroids.

Gee... you think so? That Cro Magnon brow ridge? The accelerated hair loss? The puffiness and occasional man-boobs? I guess I just never considered steroids. Heeeyyy... wait a minute. Do you think some of his behavior could have been roid rage? Say it ain't so.

Heh... thanks, Shaq, for clearing that up. We never would have guessed.

[Edit: For the record, it's been pretty reliably rumored for a long time that Shaq was juicing in high school. Hard to say, but it's possible. But if you look at some of his old photos, the changes from year to year remind you a lot of the changes in Barry Bonds. I don't think that anyone familiar with steroid traits has a lot of doubt that he's juiced while in the NBA.]

DAF86
05-15-2009, 06:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Shaq-admits-to-taking-performance-enhancing-cere?urn=nba,163521

Every single player in the NBA uses performance enhacing drugs.

anonoftheinternets
05-15-2009, 06:26 PM

weak sause, off the top of my head players who dont use: duncan parker ginobili...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Gee... you think so? That Cro Magnon brow ridge? The accelerated hair loss? The puffiness and occasional man-boobs? I guess I just never considered steroids. Heeeyyy... wait a minute. Do you think some of his behavior could have been roid rage? Say it ain't so.

Heh... thanks, Shaq, for clearing that up. We never would have guessed.

[Edit: For the record, it's been pretty reliably rumored for a long time that Shaq was juicing in high school. Hard to say, but it's possible. But if you look at some of his old photos, the changes from year to year remind you a lot of the changes in Barry Bonds. I don't think that anyone familiar with steroid traits has a lot of doubt that he's juiced while in the NBA.]

You guys should actually have clicked the link, before accusing NBA players of Juicing, in that smarmy "what do you expect, we knew it all along" attitude...:lol

The Original Post is misleading....it's a joke article

From Yahoo Sports

Move over, Manny Ramirez!

Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O'Neal(notes) admitted publicly for the first time Thursday that he used performance-enhancing cereals (PECs) during a long, successful NBA career in which he passed all drug tests.

His response, courtesy of Sports Radio Interviews:

"I've told the world before, only thing I had was Frosted Flakes: Super Enhancement Cereal. That's the only thing I've put in my body. Frosted Flakes Athletic Performance Enhancement Cereal. They ain't even out yet ...

For all the little kids, the Performance Enhancement Cereal is you take the Frosted Flakes, and you take the Froot Loops, and you mix them together, and then you get some of them sliced bananas and you put them on that thing, and then you get a big old bowl ...

The kind of bowl if you pull out your mother say, 'Boy, you better put that bowl back!' And, then you pour that milk ... 'You better get a job eating all that milk.' 'Mama, we ain't got no milk.' 'Well, you better put some water on that boy!"

Slow news day. What the hell is going to happen to Shaq when he' retires. I can't see this guy leaving the media behind. He'll probably get a job on TNT.

And for the record, I think Shaq just has the genes.

Biggems
05-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Robinson = Shaq
Robinson = Hakeem

IMO, only 3 Centers are greater than David, when David was in his prime, first 7 years, before the injuries set in.....Kareem, Wilt, Russell. Yes Hakeem got the better of David in the WCF....but if you watched the entire series, you know the whole story. David covered Hakeem one on one most of the series, often getting no help. However, on the other end, Hakeem was getting help on David consistently. Each and every game, David was double and triple teamed. Unfortunately, his teammates couldn't do jack crap to help him. It is true that David could not stop Hakeem one on one. But, it is also true that Hakeem couldn't stop David, one on one. Both players were out of their freakin minds that season.

I just wish Rudy T would have allowed Hakeem to guard David one on one....but his goal was to win the series, not watch a personal grudge match between the two best Centers in the league.

DAF86
05-15-2009, 08:27 PM
You guys should actually have clicked the link, before accusing NBA players of Juicing, in that smarmy "what do you expect, we knew it all along" attitude...:lol

The Original Post is misleading....it's a joke article

From Yahoo Sports.

I don't care what the article says, I know that no mentally sane professional athlete would admit to take performance enhancing drugs, it's just my opinion (if you search in the NBA forum there's a thread where I made the same comment) and I'm 99,9% sure that it is this way.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-15-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't care what the article says, I know that no mentally sane professional athlete would admit to take performance enhancing drugs, it's just my opinion (if you search in the NBA forum there's a thread where I made the same comment) and I'm 99,9% sure that it is this way.

It's not out of the question, but I think a lot of the Basketball players are just naturally gifted with African genes, where they have less incentive in this sport.
I also think a lot of the steroid accusations on star players like Shaq, Lebron come from just irrational envy so people make the attribution.
Sometimes these guys just have the money to build themselves up on what already was a clear advantage when they were already young. I think in the NBA it's more likely that no-names would juice, than a Shaq guy would...Also older players.....maybe Shaq "Does" now that he's an old fat fuck...but these unfounded accusations, smack more of sour grapes and envy to me. It's about as dumb as Tiger Woods being accused of it. I mean, think about the players who were great talents in the 90's. Nobody can leap like MJ who had huge thighs , you'd think the SG's today would juice up to try to emulate MJ's freakishness in his prime, but they aren't able to do it...because MJ had natural physical gifts. Same goes for young David Robinson. He was just a freak, and his arms are still pretty good for his age.
I think it's common sense that these individuals genes are pretty good.

I think Lebron is of the David Robinson, MJ lineage.

It's more possible, Lebron might have gotten that big from a generation being raised on HGH in KFC farm raised chicken, than him juicing on the side.
Didn't all the NBA players on 2008 squad have to get tested in the Olympics?

I also think it's ridiculous to be 99.9 percent sure unless you actually worked in the business or had contact with the players and saw their habits first hand.
If your'e just making a guess off assumptions/suspicions without any evidence or inference on how the league tests individuals, it's pretty presumptuous. It's like using your hypothesis for your conclusion.

I wish Manu would juice, for instance, but I dont think he does, given the way he's physically disadvantaged against his competition.

Kori Ellis
05-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Did anyone read the original link? It's just Shaq joking around about cereal.

DAF86
05-15-2009, 09:54 PM
It's not out of the question, but I think a lot of the Basketball players are just naturally gifted with African genes, where they have less incentive in this sport.
I also think a lot of the steroid accusations on star players like Shaq, Lebron come from just irrational envy so people make the attribution.
Sometimes these guys just have the money to build themselves up on what already was a clear advantage when they were already young. I think in the NBA it's more likely that no-names would juice, than a Shaq guy would...Also older players.....maybe Shaq "Does" now that he's an old fat fuck...but these unfounded accusations, smack more of sour grapes and envy to me. It's about as dumb as Tiger Woods being accused of it. I mean, think about the players who were great talents in the 90's. Nobody can leap like MJ who had huge thighs , you'd think the SG's today would juice up to try to emulate MJ's freakishness in his prime, but they aren't able to do it...because MJ had natural physical gifts. Same goes for young David Robinson. He was just a freak, and his arms are still pretty good for his age.
I think it's common sense that these individuals genes are pretty good.

I think Lebron is of the David Robinson, MJ lineage.

It's more possible, Lebron might have gotten that big from a generation being raised on HGH in KFC farm raised chicken, than him juicing on the side.
Didn't all the NBA players on 2008 squad have to get tested in the Olympics?

I also think it's ridiculous to be 99.9 percent sure unless you actually worked in the business or had contact with the players and saw their habits first hand.
If your'e just making a guess off assumptions/suspicions without any evidence or inference on how the league tests individuals, it's pretty presumptuous. It's like using your hypothesis for your conclusion.

I wish Manu would juice, for instance, but I dont think he does, given the way he's physically disadvantaged against his competition.

For the record I don't think that only NBA players do this. I think that athletes of all sports do this and I make this assumptions, not because I want to make them but because there're lots of comments of ex-players that once they retire start admitting and/or acusing other guys of taking performance enhancers. Hell, there's even a video of some Italian soccer players injecting themselves with some kind of ilegal substance and after just a couple days of buzz nobody else made a big deal out of it, they didn't get suspended and we never heard of it again.
AAAAnd, I experienced the thing at first sight when I played semi-profesional football when I was younger, older players would inject themselves with everything they could to get an advantage, sure we can't compare a crappy soccer league of a small town that doesn't even have anti-doping tests (if such things trully exist elsewhere) with professional athletes that get paid millions of dollars. But it shows you that many human beigns are capable of doing anything to maximaze their physical abilities.

Stand
05-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Steriods don't make you a better basketbal player. Maybe at the high school and college level, but players like Vince Cater, Manu Ginobili, Amare, Dwight, they are all just natural athletes. Plus roids don't help you hit a jump shot.

So having more strength, endurance, and speed wouldn't help you be a better basketball player? Being less fatigued wouldn't help your jump shot?

GSH
05-16-2009, 04:33 AM
It's already been said - but I don't really care if the article was a joke or not. I didn't really think that many people questioned whether or not Shaq ever took steroids. But I guess the idea of him admitting to it is a little out of character.

I saw a very well done article on Shaq where they showed photos of him from one season to the next, for about 6-7 seasons in a row. The did the same kind of layout on Bonds. Both of them looked like they were mutating into a different species. The article, and a lot of the photos, can't be found anymore. But here are some that give the idea. They are each a couple of years apart. Good genes are one thing, but his got a little help. Got juice?

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/PJ-AO861_SP_BIG_DV_20090325214442.jpg

http://www.checkoutmycards.com/CardImages/Cards/021/230/04b.jpg

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2009/shaqhakeem.jpg

http://www.amusingfacts.com/images/shaq.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/12/19/shaq.jpg

DAF86
05-16-2009, 05:39 AM
So having more strength, endurance, and speed wouldn't help you be a better basketball player? Being less fatigued wouldn't help your jump shot?

Very true, I don't know how many people can actually say that taking steroids or any other performance enhancing drug won't help you at basketball.

TDMVPDPOY
05-16-2009, 09:01 AM
wow when is shaq going evolve into a donut?

Admiral
05-19-2009, 07:46 PM
i was in awe of how quick and ripped david was. no other center like him at the time

Nor since.

Hemotivo
05-19-2009, 10:55 PM
he's so fat

manufan10
05-20-2009, 01:35 PM
His head got bigger. I think he got smarter that's why. It's not steroids. He's just a lot smarter.

polandprzem
05-20-2009, 01:40 PM

You haven't been killed for that statment in this forum yet?

You gonna get

polandprzem
05-21-2009, 06:52 AM
IeSyKwep2j0

Was he joking?

Arnold was famous from his jokes.

He must be joking, all in all he passed all the TESTS

Bukefal
05-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Of course David is better

polandprzem
05-22-2009, 07:26 AM