PDA

View Full Version : Spurs activate Wilks

Kori Ellis
03-26-2005, 06:42 PM
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have activated guard Mike Wilks from the injured list. He has missed the last five games due to left knee patella tendinitis. Wilks has appeared in 36 games for the Spurs, averaging 1.4 points in 4.7 minutes.

With this move the Spurs have 12 players on their active roster. Wilks will be in uniform for Sunday’s Spurs-Rockets game.

I guess this means they are not getting Dion back.

ChumpDumper
03-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Not for Sunday anyway; the paper said they couldn't do anything to resolve it until Monday right?

Kori Ellis
03-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Yes that's what the paper said. But I heard grumblings that it would be very difficult to resolve anyway.

timvp
03-26-2005, 07:09 PM
So if they can get Glover back, I wonder if they'll put either The Third or Wilks back on IR.

usckk
03-26-2005, 07:43 PM
The Third will probably be the one.

maximus
03-26-2005, 08:16 PM
can glover play SF?

Kori Ellis
03-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Yes, he's a swingman.

xcoriate
03-26-2005, 08:55 PM
Hes 6'5 - same height as devin. It doesn't really help us with lon 3s

LJ3 on the other hand does. He's got size, boards well and defends like a mofo.

I dunno if it was "too late" according to pop for linton to see minutes in the rotation I have towonder what he sees in glover.

Hes not a shooter and hes not much of a defender. He is a dime a dosen SG, no real special traits that I've picked up.

Kori Ellis
03-26-2005, 09:49 PM
PJ said last night that the only reason Linton was out on the floor this soon is because of Glover's situation. So obviously, Linton isn't completely ready yet. He's obviously a great choice to defend long 3's when he's good to go.

Glover is a decent defender and works hard on the boards for his size. I'm not sure if they'll be able to get his contract situation straightened out, but the Spurs were planning on giving him another 10 day contract.

whottt
03-26-2005, 10:27 PM
I'd just as soon go with LJIII. He's been with the team all season and probably deserves a shot over a Turkish League washout. LJIII looked a lot better on D to me than Glover.

ducks
03-26-2005, 10:31 PM
spurs need a o guy off the bench more then a d guy now

ducks
03-26-2005, 10:33 PM
now if the third was a big on d that would be different

whottt
03-26-2005, 10:37 PM
And what makes you think Glover is an O guy? Certainly not his Turkish League stats.

ducks
03-26-2005, 10:38 PM
he can not be worse then the third on o

whottt
03-26-2005, 10:45 PM
He can still suck on O...and not be near as effective on D.

I swear...no fans fall in love with total fucking scrubs like Spurs Fans do...the bigger the scub the more Spurfans think he is going to lead them to a title.

I am sure there's some guy that got cut by the worst team in the Honduras leagues that can be the key to our title too...let's look for one.

I gurantee you that within a week some clown will get on here saying Dion Glover is better than Brent Barry...then when we choke in the playoffs people will wonder why and blame Barry because he couldn't go 10-10 cold off the bench after being beched for a month....

Man Mountain
03-26-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm with you, Whottt. I don't see what Glover brings to the table. LJIII at least will be able to help against the bigger 3's in teh league.

whottt
03-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Damn straight...now if we were talking about A list talent like Shane Heal it'd be a different story...but mention Shane Heal's name around here...Shane Heal who is international Australian player of the year or some shit like that...and people act like we'd be better off with Alfedrick Hughes.

Man Mountain
03-26-2005, 10:55 PM
What's the deal with Glover anyway? Was he still getting paid from Turkey and playing with the SPurs? Who gets in trouble for that - the Spurs or Glover?

whottt
03-26-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm no expert on this stuff but I bet they waived him but there is some kind of loophole that allows them to still hold his rights...and they'll want some $$$ change out of the Spurs for his rights or something like that. Glover was probably up front with the Spurs when he told them he was waived...and if he wasn't then what kind of guy is he?

boutons
03-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Glover said he was contacted by his agent about the Spurs stint. The agent is also fully, even primarily responsible for telling the Spurs about any contractual restrictions on Dion.

whottt
03-26-2005, 11:34 PM
The agent might have BSED the Spurs then thinking that if they got to see him play they'd be willing to do what it took to obtain his services...