PDA

View Full Version : Police And Firefighters Are Credited With Saving A Young Boy From Allergic Reaction

Spur-Addict
05-15-2009, 06:17 PM
(There are good cops that exist in this world. Consistently I see law enforcement bad mouthed etc. I figured it right to illuminate proper conduct.)

By Gene Warner

Alert Buffalo (NY) police officers and firefighters were credited today with rescuing a 23-month-old boy who suffered an apparent allergic reaction Wednesday afternoon.

Izaiah White's parents were rushing him to the hospital, when they flagged down police near Elmwood and Auburn avenues shortly after 1 p.m. Wednesday.

Northwest District Officer Jose Vega, a 22-year veteran of the force, began mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, aided by Officers Derrick Ferrell and Valerie Stover-Kelly.

Engine 37 firefighters responded and took over the rescue efforts, led by Lt. Michael Lynch, who was helped by Firefighters Gary Schultz, David Denz and Robert Carnevale.

The boy was taken to Women and Children's Hospital, where he remains in critical condition today, police said.

Link For Video:

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/672461.html

Spur-Addict
05-16-2009, 09:34 AM
The boy stopped breathing twice before even reaching the Cops. He's a little fighter.

BacktoBasics
05-16-2009, 10:27 AM
At least they didn't taz him.

bdictjames
05-16-2009, 10:44 AM
At least they didn't taz him.
Sometimes that could probably work.

But good job for the firemen and policemen. Hope the kid's all well.

SpursStalker
05-16-2009, 11:15 AM
One for the good guys ....

:toast

2Blonde
05-16-2009, 01:11 PM
My dad was a policeman, so I love hearing the good stories. Thanks for posting that.

balli
05-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, we/I spend a lot of time ripping bad cops a new one... so this is good in the interest of perspective. I'm glad the police helped someone.

mrsmaalox
05-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I'll tell you what. After 9/11, I will never allow one bad officer to taint my opinion of all the others! :)