05-15-2009, 07:13 PM
G Mike Bibby
G Eddie House
G Ben Gordon-scorer but we don't want to overload on small guards
G/F Wally Szczerbiak
F/C Anderson Varejao
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas
F Brandon Bass-better frontline player than any we have now
G Anthony Carter-Jacque Vaughn on steroids!
F Chris Anderson-plays for vet min, Spurs need more tats!
G Jason Kidd
F Rasheed Wallace-partial MLE?
F Ron Artest-full MLE?
F Lamar Odom-not thriving with Bynum and Gasol
F-Matt Barnes
G-Shawn Marion
F-Carlos Boozer
C-Mehmet Okur

G Joe Johnson
G Ray Allen
G Paul Pierce
G Raja Bell
C Ben Wallace
F LeBron James-Spurs could make a max offer with Duncan restructure?
F Dirk Nowitzki-would he come for $10-$15 mill a season?
F Kenyon Martin-recovered nicely from surgery
G/F Tracy McGrady-lure of championship
F Luis Scola (restricted)
C Marcus Camby
C-Tyson Chandler
F-Michael Redd
F-Richard Jefferson
F-Amare Stoudamire
F Chris Bosh

Knoxxx
05-15-2009, 07:34 PM
2009 is almost out of the question my man...The Team doesn't have cap room for much outside of MLE... so if change is to come this year it must be via TRADES...

I am aware that 2009 we don't have much room to maneuver. Bear with, this is a coping thread. Also, I actually posted it before I added all the players I thought were ones worth a look. I tried to skip players not worth having or where I just could not see them coming.

In 2009 I believe we have the MLE if Finley retires, and part of it if not. I also thought we had the LLE. So let's identify some good FA's assuming most or all of the MLE, all of the LLE, and those we could get for vet's min. Also fun to think about how 2010 might play out, especially if you plug in Manu at about 4 years and $20 million. I also wondered if we could restructure and extend Duncan to clear up more cap room. Obviously 2010 the roster will be totally different, but even without a trade in 2009 we may be able to add a few pieces to make the roster + the big 3 (if healthy) tolerable.

Mel_13
05-15-2009, 07:35 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124692

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124687

Knoxxx
05-15-2009, 07:49 PM

Thanks for the links! I knew there was a free agent thread out there, but when I didn't see it in the first couple pages I figured we need to renew the effort.

Teams that are over the cap are always good ones to target their players since they face the luxury tax. That is why I listed Bass from Dallas, could be cheap and reminds of a taller Malik Rose. Of course Cuban will probably overpay, even double, to keep him.

Denver has 4 huge salaries, so anyone outside of Nene, K-mart, Billlups, or Melo is attainable in my mind. Not sure status on JR Smith, Hoopshype lists him with no 09/10 salary. Also have to keep bird man in mind, I like him at the LLE amount because we need the shotblocking and rebounding badly.

Lakers have huge Bynum pay increase coming for 2009 season, so Odom or even Ariza could cost them double.

xtremesteven33
05-15-2009, 07:53 PM
G Mike Bibby
G Eddie House
G Ben Gordon-scorer but we don't want to overload on small guards
G/F Wally Szczerbiak
F/C Anderson Varejao
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas
F Brandon Bass-better frontline player than any we have now
G Anthony Carter-Jacque Vaughn on steroids!
F Chris Anderson-plays for vet min, Spurs need more tats!
G Jason Kidd
F Rasheed Wallace-partial MLE?
F Ron Artest-full MLE?
F Lamar Odom-not thriving with Bynum and Gasol
F-Matt Barnes
G-Shawn Marion
F-Carlos Boozer
C-Mehmet Okur

G Joe Johnson
G Ray Allen
G Paul Pierce
G Raja Bell
C Ben Wallace
F LeBron James-Spurs could make a max offer with Duncan restructure?
F Dirk Nowitzki-would he come for $10-$15 mill a season?
F Kenyon Martin-recovered nicely from surgery
G/F Tracy McGrady-lure of championship
F Luis Scola (restricted)
C Marcus Camby
C-Tyson Chandler
F-Michael Redd
F-Richard Jefferson
F-Amare Stoudamire
F Chris Bosh

Mel_13
05-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the links! I knew there was a free agent thread out there, but when I didn't see it in the first couple pages I figured we need to renew the effort.

Teams that are over the cap are always good ones to target their players since they face the luxury tax. That is why I listed Bass from Dallas, could be cheap and reminds of a taller Malik Rose. Of course Cuban will probably overpay, even double, to keep him.

Denver has 4 huge salaries, so anyone outside of Nene, K-mart, Billlups, or Melo is attainable in my mind. Not sure status on JR Smith, Hoopshype lists him with no 09/10 salary. Also have to keep bird man in mind, I like him at the LLE amount because we need the shotblocking and rebounding badly.

Lakers have huge Bynum pay increase coming for 2009 season, so Odom or even Ariza could cost them double.

Better salary info here:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/index.jsp

check out the additional contract notes on each team's salary page.

Denver has Smith for two more years and a total of 11.5M

Knoxxx
05-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Better salary info here:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/index.jsp

check out the additional contract notes on each team's salary page.

Denver has Smith for two more years and a total of 11.5M

Interesting, Kidd and Stackhouse could be waived?

Also could the Spurs cut Oberto and Bowen?

Mel_13
05-15-2009, 08:15 PM

Kidd is a FA, they can renounce his rights, but I believe Cuban will make him a good offer to stay.

Stackhouse, Bowen, and Oberto all have partially guaranteed contracts. If their team cuts them then they are paid the guaranteed portion and that amount counts against the salary cap and the luxury tax.

Knoxxx
05-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Kidd is a FA, they can renounce his rights, but I believe Cuban will make him a good offer to stay.

Stackhouse, Bowen, and Oberto all have partially guaranteed contracts. If their team cuts them then they are paid the guaranteed portion and that amount counts against the salary cap and the luxury tax.

That almost guarantees Oberto and Bowen stay for lack of a better option. Then we have only 3 potential slots: Vaughn, Udoka, and Finley, assuming we roster 13.

Vaughn = gone I would think. Udoka I actually like for $1 million per year, expect when he hesitates on his shot. Finley is OK at $2.5 million too, but I'd rather have the full MLE if we can get a guy like Artest or Marion.

Actually, the MLE might go quite a ways next season in this down economy. The Spurs frugality might just pay off big.

MLE:
Ron Artest
Shawn Marion
Rasheed Wallace (don't really like him for the full, how about him and Finley)
Anderson Varejao (overpriced big)
Lamar Odom
Ben Gordon

LLE:
Chris Anderson
Brandon Bass
Matt Barnes

Vet Min:
Anthony Carter

Help me out here, I them ranked as best fit and most desirable. I also want to get rid of anyone where MLE is a pipe dream, reality check, based on age and current market value.

:lobt2::flag::whine:bang:king:ihit:nope:rollin:bla h:(:p::bking:hat:sleep:married::depressed:downspin :

rayray2k8
05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
You do know that we have a search button, right?
Or is it too hard for you to look for it?

iilluzioN
05-15-2009, 09:00 PM

:rolleyes

duncan228
05-15-2009, 09:03 PM
:rolleyes

What's wrong with linking to other conversations? It's just a way to let people read what else is on the board about whatever topic it is.

Knoxxx
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
You do know that we have a search button, right?
Or is it too hard for you to look for it?

I'm looking at the other threads that Mel was kind enough to post as links. As I stated, there was nothing for the first couple of pages, therefore nobody was interested lately. If you are not interested, nobody is making you post here. I will use the search feature when and if I feel like it. I am aware of it. Thank you for your concern.

With regard to McDyess, does that guy really have anything left? I guess he would be OK as a slight upgrade to KT, but we are stuck with an overpriced KT for another year.

rayray2k8=bulletin board bully? :lol

duncan228
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
As I stated, there was nothing for the first couple of pages, therefore nobody was interested lately.

Not much is on the Spurs board now for the Draft and Free Agents etc., it's mostly going on in the Think Tank. It's a new Sub-Forum that started this off season. There's some great stuff going on in the Tank, it's worth spending some time in. It's at the top of the Spurs board. :)

Knoxxx
05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Not much is on the Spurs board now for the Draft and Free Agents etc., it's mostly going on in the Think Tank. It's a new Sub-Forum that started this off season. There's some great stuff going on in the Tank, it's worth spending some time in. It's at the top of the Spurs board. :)

Thanks, I found it. Now get those knees back in shape!

ducks
05-15-2009, 10:36 PM

kidd is a fa

duncan228
05-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Mavericks brass eager to re-sign Jason Kidd

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126410