PDA

View Full Version : Trade target: Tayshaun Prince

DAF86
05-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I looked it up at the think tank but I didn't find it.

He's definitely the kind of player we're looking for at the SF position. You know the Pistons are going nowhere next season and Dumars is looking for cap space, I think we have enough expiring contracts to make it happen, what do you think?

NewJerSpur
05-15-2009, 08:55 PM
We also need another Finley Watch Thread....I'm serious. I'm almost positive Udoka isn't coming back, but is Finley really going to take up a roster spot this season?

jason1301
05-15-2009, 09:42 PM
to be honest i wouldn't mind to see Fin back.... as our second --or third-- option at SF.

What I don't like is Fin starting!

NewJerSpur
05-15-2009, 09:47 PM
to be honest i wouldn't mind to see Fin back.... as our second --or third-- option at SF.

What I don't like is Fin starting!

He played better this year than last and managed to stay healthy despite his age, but if we can upgrade or get younger I'm all for it.

exstatic
05-15-2009, 10:05 PM
think tank for draft/trade/FA discussion (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)

Spursfan092120
05-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Sign his ass up...seriously..one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.

Riverwalkman
05-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Getting Tayshaun Prince is probably at the expense of losing Manu.

Anyhow upgrading SF position is the most important, I don't want to see Finley starting too.If our starting 3,2 is still Finley and Mason,I don't see any improvement on Defense next year.

ElNono
05-15-2009, 11:21 PM
If Finley stays, the temptation from Pop to play him is going to be too great. That's why here's hoping he calls it quits.

Mark in Austin
05-16-2009, 02:34 PM
getting Prince will cost the Spurs Parker. Last time I checked, Detroit considers Prince THE FUTURE of the franchise.

ducks
05-16-2009, 02:53 PM
getting Prince will cost the Spurs Parker. Last time I checked, Detroit considers Prince THE FUTURE of the franchise.

pistons are going to make moves they got bounced in first round

lcroock
05-16-2009, 03:57 PM
The Spurs aren't going to waste their 2010 cap space by trading for Prince, who is making over $20M the next two seasons. Prince is also coming off an injury plagued season and considering the way he is built he is too risky for that price.

The Spurs need to go after Marion/Ariza/M.Williams with their mid level exception. Marion might not get the bid deal he is looking for, since only a handful of teams are under the cap this year. Maybe he'll settle for 4/yrs, $30M (ballpark) w/SA. Ariza will probably get less than the full MLE, especially w/LA so far over the cap as it stands. Who knows what ATL will do, but offering Marvin Williams the MLE or close to it might be a risk worth taking to see if ATL matches.

holcs50
05-16-2009, 05:23 PM
The Spurs aren't going to waste their 2010 cap space by trading for Prince, who is making over $20M the next two seasons. Prince is also coming off an injury plagued season and considering the way he is built he is too risky for that price.

The Spurs need to go after Marion/Ariza/M.Williams with their mid level exception. Marion might not get the bid deal he is looking for, since only a handful of teams are under the cap this year. Maybe he'll settle for 4/yrs, $30M (ballpark) w/SA. Ariza will probably get less than the full MLE, especially w/LA so far over the cap as it stands. Who knows what ATL will do, but offering Marvin Williams the MLE or close to it might be a risk worth taking to see if ATL matches.

Agreed plus I'd like to add prince had about the worst series of his life scoring 15 whole points in 4 games against the cavs with a good amount of playing time. For the amount of time he plays he doesn't put up any numbers that impress me, and the other reasons stated above about salary and his body type. I feel with at his salary we can get someone better for the spurs....plus I just don't like him at all...Prince=:vomit: