PDA

View Full Version : Obama the creator

exstatic
05-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Pure genius. Gets him out of the country for a few years and out of the news cycle.

Huntsman appointed China ambassador (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_UTAH_GOVERNOR?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Pure genius. Gets him out of the country for a few years and out of the news cycle.

Huntsman appointed China ambassador (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_UTAH_GOVERNOR?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)
You don't think our relationship with China is going to be in the news over the next few years?

:lmao

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Not a bad idea for Huntsman either.

Anyways, it'll probably take a few more federal election cycles to wring out the stank of Dobson and friends from the GOP. 2012 would probably be too early.

Huntsman to me seems like Pete Wilson back in 1996. He'd be a formidable general election candidate, but he wouldn't make it through the GOP presidential primary. That's what you get when you have this mix of establishment politicians and donors, religious hucksters and their followers, your general 'conservative' media mouths, and then the military greatness 'conservatives' dominating the party. So you end up with candidates like Bob Dole and John McCain, though McCain wasn't as bad of a candidate as Dole was in '96. Nobody could possibly ever be.

Also, some of you numbnuts need to stop dropping the 'RINO' tag on every politician who doesn't toe the neo-progressive evangelist line. Then again, it exposes you for what you really are.

exstatic
05-16-2009, 12:17 PM
You don't think our relationship with China is going to be in the news over the next few years?

:lmao

Uh, China will be in the news cycle. The ambassador? Not so much. Even the most famous usually get a brief mention once or twice a year in the middle or end of an article on their ambassadorial country.

balli
05-16-2009, 12:58 PM
:depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed
Utah's losing the best governor Salt Lake could have ever asked for and getting an absolute shithead of a Lt. Gov as his replacement.

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Uh, China will be in the news cycle. The ambassador? Not so much. Even the most famous usually get a brief mention once or twice a year in the middle or end of an article on their ambassadorial country.
I disagree but, only time will tell.

Our relationship with China is going to be fairly significant over the next few years, particularly with the economic situation as it is.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Quick, without looking, who was our last ambassador to China?

Cant_Be_Faded
05-16-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm googling hard right now

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I have no idea. When was the last time the yuan replaced the dollar as the global reserve currency?

How much of our debt is held by the Chinese?

ChumpDumper
05-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I have no idea.:tu

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 02:11 PM
It's doubtful Huntsman would have been the GOP candidate anyway.

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 03:02 PM
It's doubtful Huntsman would have been the GOP candidate anyway.

What aging establishment senator is next in line? Maybe it's Orrin's turn?

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 03:05 PM
What aging establishment senator is next in line? Maybe it's Orrin's turn?
I have no idea.

But, remember what Obama was doing at this stage? Wasn't he just starting a Senate career? Actually, no, he was running for Senator...I think.

We're a long way from 2012.

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh wait, is he one of dem Mormons?

That reminds me of when the Dobson/Robertson crowd kinda felt warm and tingly (though not in the gay way) towards Muslims prior to 9/11, since they embraced 'traditional family values' (whatever those might be). That's not to say they'd have been fine supporting a politician of the heathen faith. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

exstatic
05-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh wait, is he one of dem Mormons?

That reminds me of when the Dobson/Robertson crowd kinda felt warm and tingly (though not in the gay way) towards Muslims prior to 9/11, since they embraced 'traditional family values' (whatever those might be). That's not to say they'd have been fine supporting a politician of the heathen faith. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

The great thing about orthodoxy is that the different flavors hate each other much more than the "sinners" of the world.

sook
05-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Yoni's dick just shrunk.

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Yoni's dick just shrunk.
Sorry, you must have your face in someone else's crotch.

Nbadan
05-17-2009, 05:37 AM
Not sure what that has to do with the price of rice in China....