PDA

View Full Version : Another episode of "We're in the very best of hands."

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Oops!... Blabbermouth Biden Reveals Location of Hidden Bunker (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/05/oops-blabbermouth-biden-reveals.html)

According to an account in Newsweek (http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thegaggle/archive/2009/05/15/shining-light-on-cheney-s-hideaway.aspx), Biden did give up one of the country's secrets at another dinner where journalists and politicians make fun of Republicans (and occasionally laugh at each other). Biden told his dinnermates about the existence of a secret bunker under the Vice President's Residence at the U.S. Naval Observatory.
Eleanor Clift writes:

Ever wonder about that secure, undisclosed location where Dick Cheney secreted himself after the 9/11 attacks? Joe Biden reveals the bunker-like room is at the Naval Observatory in Washington, where Cheney lived for eight years and which is now home to Biden. The veep related the story to his head-table dinner mates when he filled in for President Obama at the Gridiron Club earlier this year. He said the young naval officer giving him a tour of the residence showed him the hideaway, which is behind a massive steel door secured by an elaborate lock with a narrow connecting hallway lined with shelves filled with communications equipment. The officer explained that when Cheney was in lock down, this was where his most trusted aides were stationed, an image that Biden conveyed in a way that suggested we shouldn’t be surprised that the policies that emerged were off the wall.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow, a bunker where it makes the most logical sense.

Next you'll be telling me there's one under the White House.

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow, a bunker where it makes the most logical sense.

Next you'll be telling me there's one under the White House.
Well, at least we'll know where Biden is when he's at an undisclosed location. I'm not sure Cheney is affected by this disclosure anymore.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Well, at least we'll know where Biden is when he's at an undisclosed location.I'm sure there is more than one location in the United States that can be undisclosed.

Cry Havoc
05-16-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm sure there is more than one location in the United States that can be undisclosed.

Dude, what are you talking about? Why would our government have more than one undisclosed location? :lol

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 03:24 PM
If they aren't disclosed, then they aren't secure, which is absurd since with a $3 trillion budget or whatever it is now you'd think a location could be established which could survive a direct nuclear strike.

In any event, if the executive branch brings on an attack, I'd prefer they'd be sitting out in the open like the rest of us suckers.

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 03:26 PM
If your opponent reveals his next move, you're not obliged to play into it.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2009, 03:29 PM
So America's enemies are not obliged to nuke the Naval Observatory.

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 03:31 PM
So America's enemies are not obliged to nuke the Naval Observatory.
Again, you misunderstand.

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Gee, on 9/11 the enemy didn't know where the Pentagon and WTC were. I guess we're supposed to pretend they couldn't have figured out where the White House or Capitol Hill were either.

ChumpDumper
05-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Again, you misunderstand.Again, you fail to make sense.

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Again, you fail to make sense.
To you? That's not a surprise.

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
If the state brings an attack upon itself, I'd prefer the enemy know where those who operate the state are at that time.

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 03:40 PM
But, I know, they hate us. So never mind while your family faces a mortal threat that those who operate the organization that brought on the attack are better protected than you, or that in theory, their job (as per that document that the last occupant of the White House regarded as a 'fucking piece of paper') is to protect your family from attack. So much for the notion of a captain going down with the ship, the state's leadership gets to cut and run and hide out somewhere.