PDA

View Full Version : Lakers already selling WCF tickets.

Lars
05-16-2009, 02:59 PM
:rolleyes

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...kn/6426604.html (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6426604.html)

Jump the gun

The Los Angeles Lakers took the unusual step of putting tickets to the Western Conference finals on sale Friday, two days before the final game of the Western Conference semifinals against the Rockets.

Though the series will start Tuesday in Los Angeles if the Lakers win Sunday and in Denver if the Rockets advance, it is rare to sell tickets to a series while playing in another series.

It is considered unheard of for an organization that does not need the playoff tickets as an incentive to put deposits on future season-ticket packages.

The Lakers sell out every game and have the top gate in the NBA.

“That’s called proactive marketing,” Rockets forward Shane Battier said. “Any good marketing manager would tell you to do it, right? I don’t really care what the marketing department of the Lakers has to say.”

E20
05-16-2009, 03:02 PM
I felt bad for all the Warrior fans this season.

They were selling PO tickets before the season had started (non-refundable) and they ended up not making the playoffs this season lol.

05-16-2009, 03:03 PM
stern has already assured the lakers they would be advancing.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 03:17 PM
So...the Lakers are...jinxing themselves??

R4R
05-16-2009, 03:35 PM
KFC being so sure of a game 7 win, plus Stern's purple tie, and the history behind Crawford's games in Staples, and now this......

Seems like there's a collective agreement that the Lakers are fix'd

spursballer21
05-16-2009, 03:45 PM
this seems kinda suspucious if there is bad calls and only loose by a few points where a game that the rockets could of won blame it on stern he shouldnt even have opinion on who should be on the finals hes just is comisioner and thats it no opionions learn how to be a good commisioner

Caltex2
05-16-2009, 03:50 PM
There is precedent for this display of Laker arrogance. Back in 1999, because they were up 2-0 headed to Houston in what was then a Best of Five first round series, the Lakers scheduled a flight back to LA the night of Game 3 before it was even played. Naturally, they lost the game. :lol

JamStone
05-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't see the big deal. If they win, they have the first two games in LA so it's giving people a few extra days to get tickets. If they don't win game 7, you give a refund. What's the big deal?

ducks
05-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't see the big deal. If they win, they have the first two games in LA so it's giving people a few extra days to get tickets. If they don't win game 7, you give a refund. What's the big deal?

are they afraid of not selling out against denver?

it is a big deal when other teams do not do it

JamStone
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
No, but I still don't see the big deal.

N4th4n
05-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Non-issue. People who get their panties in a bunch over this are just looking to be offended.

baseline bum
05-16-2009, 05:26 PM
In the 2000 season you had to buy Lakers playoff tickets for all rounds in mid April.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Game 7 is a formality, hell I'd sell some Finals tickets too while they're at it.

N4th4n
05-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Game 7 is a formality, hell I'd sell some Finals tickets too while they're at it.

Just like games 1, 4 and 6 right?

Allanon
05-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Just like games 1, 4 and 6 right?

More games = more revenue.

But unfortunately, the series ends in 7 games, so the Lakers can't drag it out any longer.

Biernutz
05-16-2009, 06:10 PM
ABC and the NBA are printing the Fakers Finals tickets.

resistanze
05-16-2009, 06:13 PM

But unfortunately, the series ends in 7 games, so the Lakers can't drag it out any longer.

The Lakers have 72 wins this season.

So close to 75 win ecstasy!

Allanon
05-16-2009, 06:16 PM
The Lakers have 72 wins this season.

So close to 75 win ecstasy!

Didn't you ever see Buss on the Poker tour?

Playing 7 games against a depleted Rockets team has put about $3 million dollars more into Jerry Buss' pocket. That's a pretty nice gamble.

Who seriously believes that the Lakers are losing tomorrow? :lol

sonic21
05-16-2009, 06:18 PM
I think the rockets probably have already started selling tickets as well. Most sports teams do this.

Mel_13
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
I think the rockets probably have already started selling tickets as well. Most sports teams do this.

No, the Lakers are the only one of the four teams playing tomorrow that are selling individual game tickets for the Conference Finals.

I don't know about most teams, but I know that the Spurs have not sold individual game tickets to subsequent rounds until they clinched the prior round. If you remember in 2007, the Phoenix series ended on a Friday night and the Utah series began 36 hours later on Sunday afternoon and the Spurs had problems selling the last few hundred tickets.

So maybe this is just good business. Of the teams playing tomorrow, the Lakers are the only team that can host Game 1 of the Conference Finals. The other three teams will have much more time between tomorrow's game and their next home game.

BlackSwordsMan
05-16-2009, 06:38 PM
makes me want to see lakers lose even more

N4th4n
05-16-2009, 06:41 PM

Are you fucking stupid?? Are you an idiot?? Do you really think they lost those games to "make more money”? You lose credibility every time you post. Every comment is so blatantly homer, so blind to reality I can’t but stare at the screen in disbelief. Maybe I should not get angry, I should probably pity you.

Has any one seen the new “Fish Stick” episode of South Park? Cartman is so delusional and self obsessed that he actually creates and false reality in his mind. He is so convinced that he is correct that the truth, the actually reality no longer exists. This is what you do Allanon, you convince your self of these things while the rest of us just gape in amazement

I do feel bad for you and I make a heart felt suggestion. Go away. Leave basketball. Stop watching, stop posting, stop think you understand anything about. You have proved time and time again that you have the basketball acumen of a three year old girl.

BlackSwordsMan
05-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Has any one seen the new “Fish Stick” episode of South Park? Cartman is so delusional and self obsessed that he actually creates and false reality in his mind. He is so convinced that he is correct that the truth, the actually reality no longer exists. This is what you do Allanon, you convince your self of these things while the rest of us just gape in amazement

:toast

Artest93
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
we all know what the outcome is gonna be tomorrow, I'm just hoping that I'm wrong, and the game is officiated correctly.

Keys to the game for rox to beat Stern's plan:

1) Keep driving to the paint and Shooting the ball with confidence Aaron....

2) Artest drive to the basket, don't try to iso on anyone, cuz we've know that terrible things will happen

3) Battier has to stay hot from 3 point land

4) Kobe is all alone on a fast break and trips and falls on his shoelace, knocks hisself out

5) Gasol keeps playin like a lil bitch

6) Farmar cracks under the pressure

7) Scola keeps owning Odom

8) Send Bynum back to the Playboy Mansion

Allanon
05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Are you fucking stupid?? Are you an idiot?? Do you really think they lost those games to "make more money”? You lose credibility every time you post. Every comment is so blatantly homer, so blind to reality I can’t but stare at the screen in disbelief. Maybe I should not get angry, I should probably pity you.

I do feel bad for you and I make a heart felt suggestion. Go away. Leave basketball. Stop watching, stop posting, stop think you understand anything about. You have proved time and time again that you have the basketball acumen of a three year old girl.

Hahah, don't get your panties in a bundle N4th4n. :lol

Ok, so If you are so sure of the Lakers are gonna lose and I am so stupid and so wrong, I'll make a sig/avatar/quote bet with you. And since people will think I'm taking advantage of you, I'll spot you a 3 for 1:

1) If the Lakers lose, I will put whatever you want as my Sig & Avatar & Quote on the left.

2) If the Rockets lose, you put what I want into your sig.

Should make tomorrow's game much more exciting.

Agreed, bitch? :lmao

Allanon
05-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Yo, N4th4n, where are you buddy??????

I see you lurking on the thread, just take the bet, a sig won't hurt you physically, maybe just a little bit of pride lost.

BTW, the duration of the sig will be until pre-season....only a couple of months....not too bad. :toast

Also, if N4th4n doesn't have the balls to put his sig where his mouth is but somebody else does, I'll extend the same offer.

N4th4n
05-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Hahah, don't get your panties in a bundle N4th4n. :lol

Ok, so If you are so sure of the Lakers are gonna lose and I am so stupid and so wrong, I'll make a sig/avatar/quote bet with you. And since people will think I'm taking advantage of you, I'll spot you a 3 for 1:

1) If the Lakers lose, I will put whatever you want as my Sig & Avatar & Quote on the left.

2) If the Rockets lose, you put what I want into your sig.

Should make tomorrow's game much more exciting.

Agreed, bitch? :lmao

First off not once have I said that the Lakers will lose tomorrow, in fact I am almost positive they will win. They should win as they are superior to the Rockets in almost every tangible factor.

-Size
-Athleticism
-Depth
-Talent
-Experience

Unfortunately they lack the most important intangible factors

- Toughness
- Heart
- Desire

They are a pure bitchmade team getting along solely on physical gifts. The fact that they have lost 3 games to this current Rockets team is disgrace. You claiming they have done so for profit is insane. They have lost because they are totally heartless. If their talent does not win over tomorrow I will be amazed simply because the Rockets are totally out-gunned.

Do realize that they are relying almost totally on three SECOND year players in Brooks Scola and Landry. Chuck Hayes was and is an undrafted scrub with no offensive skill set. Landry was nearly undrafted and is totally useless out side of 10 feet. Von Wafer has been clinging to the fringes of the league because he is a total moron. Battier has very little playoff experience. Their only exceptional talent and experience is Ron Artest. Look at all that and realize that THIS is the team the has already defeated you three times.

I will make any bet with you simply because I don’t give a shit. If you want I will post a picture of two naked studs ass fucking each other and tell everyone that it is a photo of me and my Puerto Rican half brother. That is how little I care about the opinions of the people on this board.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 07:21 PM
That is how little I care about the opinions of the people on this board.

Obviously my opinion on this board bothered you so much you couldn't ignore it :)

I will make any bet with you simply because I don’t give a shit.

Ok then, I take your bet.... the bet is on.

1) If the Lakers win, you put whatever I want into your sig
2) If the Lakers lose, my sig/avatar/quote is free to whatever you want

Loser keeps those on display until NBA pre-season.

Glad you were man enough to take the bet. See you tomorrow after the game, buddy. :toast

N4th4n
05-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Obviously my opinion on this board bothered you so much you couldn't ignore it :)

Your opinion did not matter to me. What mattered was your stupidity. On that note I am done with this.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Your opinion did not matter to me. What mattered was your stupidity. On that note I am done with this.

Excellent, let's see how stupid my opinion was after the game tomorrow.

Don't forget to come back tomorrow, N4th4n, we'll see who is really the stupid one then :lol

The TroutBum
05-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm pissed, I wanted in on that bet. The fucking Faker fags are going down, and their Mexican dirt-ball fans are gonna be so sad.

kamikazi_player
05-16-2009, 07:39 PM
I bet once the game is over, you guys are going to constantly complain that he/she didn't explain exactly what the bet was. :lol

Rogue
05-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Surely the Lakers will beat the Rockets in game 7, at least the league won't allow the Rockets to knock out them. This win is almost guaranteed for the Lakers, but I don't think it will be another blow out. No matter which team wins, the game will definitely be determined by the last couple minutes.

Biernutz
05-16-2009, 07:46 PM
The Rockets take the Fakers to game 7. With 2 of the Rockets stars sitting on the bench ,are the Fakers Choking!!!!!

ElNono
05-16-2009, 07:48 PM
If this turns out like the Dallas championship parade I'm going to be laughing for a while.

DAF86
05-16-2009, 08:01 PM

"75 win ecstasy" and "Bynum best center in the WC" are tough opinions to ignore.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:06 PM
"75 win ecstasy" and "Bynum best center in the WC" are tough opinions to ignore.

75 win ecstasy was a joke and I never said it :)

"Bynum is the 2nd best center in the WC" I did say. Yao is still betta

kamikazi_player
05-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Shaq begs to differ

DAF86
05-16-2009, 08:09 PM

My apologies, a man's reputation can be easily tainted in here.

Sorry but I have to :lmao at this.

N4th4n
05-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Shaq begs to differ

So does joel przybilla.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:11 PM
So does joel przybilla.

Shaq Yes, Pryz No.

Everybody thought Shaq was done last year, not just me. But yeah, Shaq was definitely better this year.

kamikazi_player
05-16-2009, 08:13 PM
So does joel przybilla.
:lmao Do you also want to include Greg Oden?

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry but I have to :lmao at this.

Laugh it up, I admit I was wrong.

Bynum right now is probably 8th best Center in the West. During the season maybe 3 or 4.

DAF86
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Laugh it up, I admit I was wrong.

Bynum right now is probably 8th best Center in the West. During the season maybe 3 or 4.

I respect that.

Lars
05-17-2009, 12:10 AM

Bad news friend, Bynum might not even be top five.

kamikazi_player
05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Bump, sorry N4th4n. Don't be too mean to him Allanon.

Allanon
05-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Bad news friend, Bynum might not even be top five.

He's probably top 8 right now.

N4th4n
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Well as expected Huston lost. Here I am. What ever you want me to say.

Allanon
05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Well as expected Huston lost. Here I am. What ever you want me to say.

You manned up with no excuses.... I ain't gonna take this bet any further.

kamikazi_player
05-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Class by Allanon :toast