PDA

View Full Version : yo kobe fanbois

RsxPiimp
05-16-2009, 06:58 PM
its official. lebron>kobe

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=nba&pollId=71591

even the state of california voted 55% on lebron and %45 on kobe lol.

enjoy:toast

BlackSwordsMan
05-16-2009, 07:01 PM
ohio poll 92% lebron
what a bunch of homers

UrAphag
05-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Note the words: "Right now".

Spur-Addict
05-16-2009, 07:11 PM

So what? :lol

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Honestly, even most Laker fans, unless they're complete homers, would agree that Lebron is a better player than Kobe right now.

JoeTait75
05-16-2009, 07:53 PM
ohio poll 92% lebron
what a bunch of homers

That's just solid Middle American common sense right there.

Spursfan092120
05-16-2009, 07:54 PM
That's just solid Middle American common sense right there.
yup

DAF86
05-16-2009, 08:03 PM

So you expect that to change 5 years from now when Lebron will be 29 and Kobe 35?

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:03 PM
LeBron is better than Kobe for 43 minutes of a game.

Last five minutes of a game, I still take Kobe.

But whoever holds the Larry O' Brien trophy this year will put all this talk to rest and will settle it for me.

But I doubt it's going to be much different from what happened at the Olympics

http://www.cavsboard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/shhh.jpg

JoeTait75
05-16-2009, 08:07 PM

Allanon, if you want one guy for 43 minutes and another guy for five, that's a tacit admission that the 43-minute guy is better, no?

I'm not hating on you for thinking Kobe is better if you do, it's just I hear this statement a lot and it doesn't make much sense to me.

RsxPiimp
05-16-2009, 08:11 PM

But whoever holds the Larry O' Brien trophy this year will put all this talk to rest and will settle it for me.

so, yeah lebron is and will be the better player than kobe

now and forever.

kamikazi_player
05-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Kobe would own Lebron on a one-on-one battle. But on a 5 on 5? Not so much.

Fabbs
05-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Is it too late for an even playing field ala Kwame Brown for Gasol?
You know like say, Lorenzen Wright for Chris Bosh.
Give Lebron an All Star big.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Allanon, if you want one guy for 43 minutes and another guy for five, that's a tacit admission that the 43-minute guy is better, no?

I'm not hating on you for thinking Kobe is better if you do, it's just I hear this statement a lot and it doesn't make much sense to me.

LeBron is certainly the better player, I don't deny that JoeTatie. But I do think Kobe is the better winner of the two.

That's also why even though everybody is switching to the Cavs to win it all and for the Nuggz to beat the Lakers, I still think Kobe will end up with the trophy this year because he knows how to win.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Is it too late for an even playing field ala Kwame Brown for Gasol?
You know like say, Lorenzen Wright for Chris Bosh.
Give Lebron an All Star big.

LeBron has four All-Stars or former All-Stars on his team: BigZ, Ben Wallace, Mo Williams and Wally.

Kobe has 1 All Star in Pau Gasol.

I still think the Lakers will win the championship despite having fewer All-Stars on the team.

kamikazi_player
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
LeBron is certainly the better player, I don't deny that JoeTatie. But I do think Kobe is the better winner of the two.

That's also why even though everybody is switching to the Cavs to win it all and for the Nuggz to beat the Lakers, I still think Kobe will end up with the trophy this year because he knows how to win.
I just think it's because we hate the Lakers and like to see them struggling. Kobe just has to prove it to us this year that he's the better player. KG did it last year even though the Celtics faced the first two teams 7 games each.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I just think it's because we hate the Lakers and like to see them struggling. Kobe just has to prove it to us this year that he's the better player. KG did it last year even though the Celtics faced the first two teams 7 games each.

Well I can't really blame people for switching (hate or not), the Lakers have sucked in the Playoffs so far. Cavs and Nuggz are looking much better than the Lakers right now; that's for sure.

BlackSwordsMan
05-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Well I can't really blame people for switching (hate or not), the Lakers have sucked in the Playoffs so far. Cavs and Nuggz are looking much better than the Lakers right now; that's for sure.

How do you have time to watch kobe doin' work and type on here? Pretty impressive

DAF86
05-16-2009, 08:32 PM
LeBron has four All-Stars or former All-Stars on his team: BigZ, Ben Wallace, Mo Williams and Wally.

Kobe has 1 All Star in Pau Gasol.

I still think the Lakers will win the championship despite having fewer All-Stars on the team.

What does that have to do with anything? Ben Wallace is worthless right now, Sczerbiak is nothing more than a spot up shooter, Big Z is pretty much the same as Wally but as a big man and Mo Williams is overrated.

Gasol is ten times better than any Cavs player not name Lebron. Well, regular season Gasol at least.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 08:39 PM
What does that have to do with anything? Ben Wallace is worthless right now, Sczerbiak is nothing more than a spot up shooter, Big Z is pretty much the same as Wally but as a big man and Mo Williams is overrated.

Gasol is ten times better than any Cavs player not name Lebron. Well, regular season Gasol at least.

I don't let logic get in the way of things when I'm trolling for fishies. :lol

Kori Ellis
05-16-2009, 08:43 PM
"yo kobe fanbois"?? Is that your best attempt to act pimp? Step up your game, playa.

05-16-2009, 08:49 PM

do you have selective memory for the olympics? wade and lebron elevated their game during the olympics while kobe just stayed the same and jacked up shots.

wade averaged 16 pts, 67% FG, 47% 3PT
lebron averaged 15.5 pts, 60% FG, 46%3PT
kobe averaged 15 pts, 46% FG, 32% 3PT.

bryant had 21 more shot attempts (104) than the next closest player (lebron with 83) and still averaged less points than wade and lebron. wade also made the clinching 3 pointer against spain and was the leading scorer during that game.

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2008/stats/USA.HTM#team.ind

baseline bum
05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
2007 forum. LeBron has been the best player in the game for 3 seasons now.

RsxPiimp
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
"yo kobe fanbois"?? Is that your best attempt to act pimp? Step up your game, playa.

im not a pimp or a playa. i just act like one. im a white boy who smokes parliament cigarettes.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 09:13 PM
do you have selective memory for the olympics? wade and lebron elevated their game during the olympics while kobe just stayed the same and jacked up shots.

wade averaged 16 pts, 67% FG, 47% 3PT
lebron averaged 15.5 pts, 60% FG, 46%3PT
kobe averaged 15 pts, 46% FG, 32% 3PT.

bryant had 21 more shot attempts (104) than the next closest player (lebron with 83) and still averaged less points than wade and lebron. wade also made the clinching 3 pointer against spain and was the leading scorer during that game.

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniormen/2008/stats/USA.HTM#team.ind

It's like I said, LeBron's the better player when you need to get through the early parts of a game, but when the game's on the line, you call upon the Closer. It means alot when LeBron, Wade, CP3, <NBA Superstar>, and the coach all deferred to Kobe to bring home the Gold in that Spain Finals.

And the Closer delivered:

Spain opened the final stanza with a 7-0 run that forced another USA timeout just 1:47 into the quarter with the U.S. up by just two points, 91-89. Bryant scored two points out of the timeout, Deron Williams (Utah Jazz) sank a 3-pointer and Howard dunked a Bryant assist to cushion the USA advantage to 98-89 with 6:48 left.

As was the case for the entire 40 minutes, Spain refused to quit and two points from Gasol with 3:32 remaining pulled Spain within five points, 104-99. Bryant answered once again, this time drilling a 3-pointer while drawing Fernandez's fifth and final foul. Bryant sank the free throw for a four-point play that restored the U.S. advantage to
108-99.

sook
05-16-2009, 09:16 PM
wade > both these fuckers.

Kori Ellis
05-16-2009, 09:22 PM
im not a pimp or a playa. i just act like one. im a white boy who smokes parliament cigarettes.

That's obvious.

05-16-2009, 09:49 PM
It's like I said, LeBron's the better player when you need to get through the early parts of a game, but when the game's on the line, you call upon the Closer. It means alot when LeBron, Wade, CP3, <NBA Superstar>, and the coach all deferred to Kobe to bring home the Gold in that Spain Finals.

And the Closer delivered:
person who wrote that article obviously wanted to prop up bryant. anyone who watched that game and wasn't a lakers fan knew that kobe didn't save the US by himself. before he made his photo op 3pt shot, he jacked one up at the beginning of possession and missed, leading to the US needing to be saved. and wade made a 3pt shot that really clinched the game.

i don't understand this "closer" argument. if a player is good, the games wouldn't have to be close. i would rather have lebron for 43 minutes than kobe for 48. because then my team wouldn't need a closer. just seems like kobe fans are scrambling to keep bryant relevant.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 09:51 PM
person who wrote that article obviously wanted to prop up bryant. anyone who watched that game and wasn't a lakers fan knew that kobe didn't save the US by himself. before he made his photo op 3pt shot, he jacked one up at the beginning of possession and missed, leading to the US needing to be saved. and wade made a 3pt shot that really clinched the game.

i don't understand this "closer" argument. if a player is good, the games wouldn't have to be close. i would rather have lebron for 43 minutes than kobe for 48. because then my team wouldn't need a closer. just seems like kobe fans are scrambling to keep bryant relevant.

You don't need to hate Kobe to like LeBron. Give them their due.

05-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Kobe didn't save the US by himself.
there's acknowledgment for kobe's contributions.

Amaso
05-16-2009, 10:47 PM
It should be interesting to see the two go at it in the finals. Lebron's defense doesn't really affect Kobe, but Kobe's defense really affects Lebron. I'd have to agree with the whole 42 min Lebron has more impact on the game vs. Kobe in the last 6 minutes. But if its a close game late in the 4th even if the Lakers are losing, I'd still think the Lakers would pull it out.

JustBlaze
05-16-2009, 11:07 PM

In other words, LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe seeing how he's better for 38 minutes more than ya boi.

Allanon
05-16-2009, 11:11 PM
In other words, LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe seeing how he's better for 38 minutes more than ya boi.

Who is ya boi?

JustBlaze
05-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Who is ya boi?
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5614/bellchokingbryant.jpg

Allanon
05-16-2009, 11:40 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5614/bellchokingbryant.jpg

Raja Bell?

Nah, Lebron better than Kobe is arguable, but Raja Bell better than Kobe is just crazy talk.

JustBlaze
05-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Raja Bell?

Nah, Lebron better than Kobe is arguable, but Raja Bell better than Kobe is just crazy talk.
Agreed. Wade > All.:hat

Danny.Zhu
05-16-2009, 11:46 PM
It's hard to say.

I don't doubt Lakers can beat Cavs this year. But you had to consider that Lebron got less support from his teammates.

R4R
05-17-2009, 12:32 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/3178hty.jpg
:rolleyes:rolleyes

I'd still take Kobe when it counts the most =/

RsxPiimp
05-17-2009, 01:37 AM
That's obvious.
then why ask son? ya know!!!!????

UrAphag
05-17-2009, 02:52 AM
What the Fuck does this mean? What ELSE could the question be. Who was better in 1998 Kobe Or Lebron? Who was the Best Player in 1998? How about 1969.

Fucking Tard.
You fucking idiot. If kobe had better stats in the playoffs right now, that poll would be different. Thats what I mean you dumb shit.

j-money24
05-17-2009, 10:27 AM
So you expect that to change 5 years from now when Lebron will be 29 and Kobe 35?

Look that will all change if Kobe wins the Championship this year.

resistanze
05-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I'll take Robert Horry for the last 5 seconds of the game.

Horry > Kobe