PDA

View Full Version : Boy Scouts train in anti-terrorism tactics

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2009, 11:28 AM
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2009/05/14/scouts-learn-about-law-enforcement-train-for-front-lines/

Scouts Learn Law Enforcement, Train for Front Lines

Posted:
05/14/09

What happened to the days when boy scouts would go out into nature, tell ghost stories around a campfire and sleep peacefully under the stars?
According to a story in today's New York Times, that is no longer the only pastime for boy scouts and their affiliate groups. Instead, they are now participating in a law enforcement exploring program that is training thousands of young people in skills used to confront terrorism, illegal immigration and escalating border violence.

Through the program, youths between the ages of 14 and 21 learn about the basic operation of law enforcement officials and take part in training exercises under the auspices of the Border Patrol, the Department of Homeland Security and other local agencies.

According to The Times, the training can involve chasing down illegal border crossers as well as more dangerous situations that include raiding marijuana fields, facing down terrorists and taking out "active shooters" on school campuses. Though leaders of the organization say the training is not intended to be applied outside the simulated Explorer setting, some of the pointers offered have a particularly narrow application.

"Put him on his face and put a knee in his back," a Border Patrol agent said about subduing a suspect during a training operation observed by The Times. "I guarantee that he'll shut up."

According to the Law Enforcement Explorers Web site, many departments use program participants "to assist in such areas as crime prevention, traffic/crowd control, recordkeeping, and telecommunications. These forms of assistance are always conducted under the supervision of law enforcement officers and serve to demonstrate that Explorers can be beneficial to the agency and the community."

There are at least 2,000 posts across the country with 35,000 members-a number that has seen significant increases since September 11.

Though the mission of teaching children about law enforcement seems mostly innocuous, the idea of a program that institutionalizes our national fear of illegal aliens and terrorists by handing teens mock weapons and telling them to deal with these threats is disconcerting.

One student told The Times, "I like shooting [the guns]. I like the sound they make. It gets me excited."

There's nothing wrong with teaching children to respect law enforcement; there's no problem with making students want to become federal agents when the grow up. The issues start to arise, though, when the programs play reinforce the fear of immigrants and foreigners that is already so deeply embedded in our society.

Especially in border towns where the situation is already tense, training emotional teenagers to have an acute fear of the other may not be the best way to teach the values that inspire the scouting movement.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/14/us/14explorers2-600a.jpg

The Obama Youth.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2009, 11:45 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/05/14/us/14explorers2-600a.jpg

WEBELOS, BITCHES!!!11

mookie2001
05-17-2009, 11:53 AM
that chode looks real scary with that pretty red tip on his plastic gun

ElNono
05-17-2009, 11:59 AM
1) Find way for boy scouts to remain relevant
2) Use any desperate measure to recruit new cannon fodder
3) Profit????

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2009, 12:00 PM
1) Find way for boy scouts to remain relevant
2) Use any desperate measure to recruit new cannon fodder
3) Profit????

you forgot

4) Add another seemingly innocuous but undeniably ironic factoid to the list of Signs of an Oncoming Police State.

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Boy scouts are pussies.

angrydude
05-17-2009, 02:22 PM
The whole point of boy scouts is just to teach young boys to be responsible.

I don't get this.

boutons_deux
05-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Militarizing the Boy Scouts.

America The Beautiful has become really ugly.

OBL has suckered the US into ugliness, as well as suckering the US into foreign lands where 1000s of US military have been wasted.

Can the US play their hand any worse? You betcha, just wait. The Magik Negro is already covering up the crimes of the dubya, dickhhead, rummy, etc.

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Militarizing the Boy Scouts.

America The Beautiful has become really ugly.

OBL has suckered the US into ugliness, as well as suckering the US into foreign lands where 1000s of US military have been wasted.

Can the US play their hand any worse? You betcha, just wait. The Magik Negro is already covering up the crimes of the dubya, dickhhead, rummy, etc.

WTF are you talking about? Teaching kids Law Enforcement is ugly to you. This is the best decsion that pussy organization has made in decades. The problem is the kids they have are still little pussies. Hopefully that will change because of this new look! The problem with America is a bunch of pussys are running it and that is a fact!

Yonivore
05-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Law Enforcement Explorer Scouts have been around for at least 30 years.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
so you shift the blame to Carter?

Yonivore
05-17-2009, 02:46 PM
so you shift the blame to Carter?
No, I'm just saying they've been playing cop that long. There was an LE Explorer Post in my town.

CubanSucks
05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
WTF are you talking about? Teaching kids Law Enforcement is ugly to you. This is the best decsion that pussy organization has made in decades. The problem is the kids they have are still little pussies. Hopefully that will change because of this new look! The problem with America is a bunch of pussys are running it and that is a fact!

:tu I'm being honest when I say that I would have LOVED this if they did this when I was in boy scouts and so would've all of my friends. This kind of shit is what boys that age want to do. Do yall think learning to make knots and competing in the Pinewood Derby is fun? Well I'm not too old to forget what these kind of kids love and playing with toy guns is definately on that list

ChumpDumper
05-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Nice camera angle.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Do yall think learning to make knots and competing in the Pinewood Derby is fun?

apparently so, when all you nature loving douches eagerly participate from age 6 to 18 in this kind of thing

BradLohaus
05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
One student told The Times, "I like shooting [the guns]. I like the sound they make. It gets me excited."

That kid's about 10 years from being the cop in one of those taser-the-old-lady clips.

cornbread
05-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Funny, I met a group of kids in the Explorer program recently and this article might as well have been written about a different program because is it no way resembles what I encountered.

The kids told me they perform tons of community service (this is what they were doing when I met them) and are held to high academic standards. I guess the author the didn't feel this element of the program was worth mentioning.

It was inspiring to see 15 year old kids who carried themselves like men. They were incredibly respectful and focused.

And no, they weren't caring toy guns, wearing riot gear or chasing illegal aliens.

Winehole23
05-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Nice camera angle.The wrinkled teenage crotches are situated centrally in the image. Militarism plus pederasty is a hell of a combination.

Pedagogy in the classical sense is subliminally present it would seem.

Bender
05-17-2009, 09:30 PM
the stuff you guys are joking about in this thread (pinewood derbys, webelos, etc...) is Cub Scout stuff.

CubanSucks
05-18-2009, 01:35 AM
apparently so, when all you nature loving douches eagerly participate from age 6 to 18 in this kind of thing

"Nature loving douches", What the fuck are you talking about? And it's funny how you think every kid in boy scouts eagerly participates. For me and a lot of my friends when we were young it was more of an obligation or just doing it cause our dads wanted us to. And by the way, most leave the scouts before they're even teenagers. I think I was 10 in my last year. Anyone who sticks it out till they're 18 is either Hank Hill or someone who's just not good in any sport