Born: Mar 24, 1984
Height: 6-10 / 2,08
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College: Georgia Tech
Years Pro: 5

Salary:
2009-10: $15,779,912
2010-11: $17,149,243 (player option)

I know a lot of the focus has been on getting Bosh as a free agent in the summer of 2010, but what if Toronto is convinced that Bosh is gone after this season? Would they be interested in getting something for him now and saving some money this season? The trade below works, and would save the Raptors ~$8 million this season, though it's possible that they would want someone younger to be thrown in like Mason, Hill, or Mahinmi. Spurs could also throw in draft picks.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pgbcpf

Why do this if you're the Spurs? You get Bosh for a full season, and you give him a chance to experience (and enjoy) being on a championship team and a great locker room. This gives you a much better chance of signing him in 2010, or perhaps getting him to pick up that player option.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah if I'm Toronto I demand Mason and a pick or two. But after that, that does sound pretty good. Especially if Toronto waives Bowen and we're able to bring him back.

Mal
05-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Why would Toronto do that ?

Mel_13
05-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Bosh is the only player that could potentially be on the market this summer that I would consider including Manu in the package.

lurker23
05-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Why would Toronto do that ?

Basketball-wise for this season, there's absolutely no reason they would do it. However, the two reasons they would do a trade are a.) the future of the roster, and b.) finances. If they could get the Spurs first round pick in 2010, maybe another young player, and save $8 million, you would have to assume that's a lot better than doing just well enough to barely miss the playoffs and letting Bosh walk for nothing in the summer.

MaNu4Tres
05-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Toronto would be getting offers from at least 20 teams if he were to become available on the trade market. No way in hell the Spurs would come up with the best offer.

KidCongo
05-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Toronto will only trade him if they can't place significant pieces next to him.

Indazone
05-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Bosh is pretty expensive. Why would the Spurs do that?

DPG21920
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Bosh is pretty expensive. Why would the Spurs do that?

No question the Spurs would do that, but other teams can offers similar relief and package talent along with it.

I would have to imagine that the Spurs would be pretty low on the list. Mavs for one have more talent at a position of need (Josh Howard) along with the expiring contracts.

For example: Josh Howard + Stackhouse for Bosh works, and that is a lot more talent with about the same relief cap wise this year. The Mavs would do that in a heartbeat.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

duncan228
05-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Has Bosh can as far as he can go? (http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=1633221)
Bruce Arthur, National Post

Watching the NBA playoffs these days, Chris Bosh comes to mind. There is no particular reason that he should, of course, since the centrepiece of the Toronto Raptors was never close to making this post-season. Instead, the free-agent-to-be is sending Twitter updates such as the one from a week ago that read, "Everyone, please stop asking me to come and play for the team in your city. I get that question everyday now. I just want to enjoy my summer."

As do we all. That includes the guys on the teams still playing for an NBA championship - the Los Angeles Lakers, the Denver Nuggets, the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the Orlando Magic - though they're probably more interested in postponing their summers. To do that, tradition dictates that with few exceptions, it takes at least one true superstar to win a title. The four remaining teams each have their candidate: Kobe Bryant in L.A., LeBron James in Cleveland, Carmelo Anthony in Denver, and Dwight Howard in Orlando.

Kobe and LeBron are dueling for the title of the league's best player. though it says here that LeBron is clearly ahead, and that Miami's Dwyane Wade might well be No. 2. Neither Howard nor Anthony is at their level; Howard remains offensively rudimentary and struggles at the free-throw line, while Anthony was as much knucklehead as superstar over the first five or six years of his career.

But both have become forces of nature amid well-stocked teams. Howard, the league's reigning defensive player of the year, was averaging 20 points, 16 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks going into last night's Game 4 against Cleveland and has become the league's dominant centre; Anthony is averaging 27.1 points in the post-season, has discovered defence, and seems to be blossoming into a genuine star.

In every game, you can see the varying degree of stardom. LeBron and Kobe are A-listers. There are perhaps four or five other genuine franchise guys around - Wade, Chris Paul in New Orleans, Tim Duncan in San Antonio. Howard, at age 23, arguably makes that list; Anthony, who turns 25 on Friday, is not yet there, but could. Both have work to do, but both clearly have room to grow.

And it usually takes a transcendent player to win a title in the NBA. Look at the best player or two on every championship team but one of the Magic-Bird era, beginning in 1980: Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird, Julius Erving and Moses Malone, Isiah Thomas, Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal and Bryant, Shaq and Wade, and Kevin Garnett.

The only real exceptions would be those Thomas-led Detroit teams of 1989 and 1990, the Pistons of 2004, and arguably last year's Celtics, where Garnett was not the prototypical take-the-last-shot superstar on a team that included Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. But in an era destined to be defined by the game's young and rising superstars, it will either take a true superstar of your own - or one hell of an ensemble - to contend.

And in a roundabout way, this bring us back to Bosh.

This correspondent used to argue with some ferocity that if forced to decide between Anthony and Bosh, Bosh would be the pick because he was more mature, stayed out of off-court trouble, and displayed more visible dedication to the game. With Bosh, you knew what you were getting.

That, however, has become too true. Over the past four seasons, Bosh has reached an appreciable but almost dead flat numerical plateau. His points per game have been 22.5, 22.6, 22.3, and 22.7. His rebounding numbers have ranged between 8.7 and 10.7; his assist numbers between 2.5 and 2.6; his blocked shots between 1.0 and 1.3. He has shot between .487 and .505, with the number trending slightly downward each year; he has attempted 8.3, 8.6, 8.3, and 8.0 free throws per game. Oh, and he has missed 12, 13, 15 and five games, and the Raptors have not won a playoff series.

In other words, he has become an all-star, a fine and respectable player, and a 6-foot-10 metronome.

"I don't think he's going to get any better," says one NBA source who has scouted Bosh extensively. "I love him, but he is what he is - he's a jump-shooting power forward."

Bosh was left off the league's three all-NBA teams this season, finishing 18th in the voting. The year before, when Bosh missed 15 games due to injury, he was 26th. Both times, coincidentally, he finished one spot ahead of Atlanta's Joe Johnson, a miscast No. 1 if there ever was one. The best-case scenario is that there is a leap left in Bosh, or that he can be a Garnett-like centrepiece on a team with perimeter finishers. It's not clear that either is a possibility.

Regardless, Bosh will command a maximum contract as a free agent next summer - beginning at 30% of the salary cap, whatever it is, which makes it harder to build one hell of an ensemble - and will be forcefully pursued by more than one other team, including at least one with more immediate championship ambitions than Toronto. The big question being asked is whether the Raptors can re-sign their franchise player.

But that is not the only question. The other one is this: even if they can re-sign Bosh - the team's best player, a four-time all-star, a good citizen and teammate and employee - should they?

duncan228
06-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Although Carlos Boozer could be headed to Detroit in a free-agent deal in July, there's a chance he'll end up going to Toronto in a package for Chris Bosh. The Bulls remain interested in Bosh, but Luol Deng would have to be part of a package going to the Raptors. The Raptors, privately, are acknowledging for the first time that they might need to trade Bosh, rather than risk losing him to free agency in 2010.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2009/05/30/2009-05-30_these_lakers_ready_for_knockout.html?page=1

mytespurs
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Bosh is the only player that could potentially be on the market this summer that I would consider including Manu in the package.

How good is this Bosch? He'd have to be prety special to give up Manu.

Manu is almost untouchable in my book.

EricB
06-01-2009, 06:06 PM
How good is this Bosch? He'd have to be prety special to give up Manu.

Manu is almost untouchable in my book.

You don't know who Chris Bosh is?

DPG21920
06-01-2009, 07:02 PM
This is not happening. The only way Toronto trades him is if they get talent in return. Spurs do not have that.

Taking it to the Hole
06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Toronto wants far too much for Bosh than the Spurs would be willing to part with...and that is probably for the best. We need a low-post presence, not a guy who is going to be jacking up jump shots every time he gets the ball.

Spursfan092120
06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
How good is this Bosch?
http://thelemonspank.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/are-you-fucking-kidding-me.jpg

DPG21920
06-01-2009, 09:02 PM
You cannot trade first round picks in consecutive years.

DPG21920
06-01-2009, 09:03 PM
But I agree about the last part. If the Spurs are going to get someone big it will more than likely take a third team to offer another talent piece. Some teams might want a straight salary dump, but most will want some talent.

06-01-2009, 10:07 PM
toronto is not going to give up a first round pick just to get rid of bosh. in fact, they will probably want a first rounder in return for bosh for 2009 and 2011.

DPG21920
06-01-2009, 10:13 PM
yeah I actually thought about that before I posted it, but if I am not mistaken didn't the KG trade involve several first round draft picks?

It consisted of a first rounder from the Celtics and the return of a 1st rounder from the Ricky Davis trade.

duncan228
06-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Bosh not planning to sign extension this summer (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-raptors-bosh&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Chris Bosh doesn’t plan to sign a contract extension with the Toronto Raptors this summer and is preparing to become a free agent at the end of next season.

Bosh is in the final year of a deal that will pay him $15.7 million. While Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo has spoken optimistically in the past about signing Bosh to an extension this summer, Bosh said that isn’t his intention. He said leaving his status up in the air could actually help both himself and the Raptors, who missed the playoffs this season with a 33-49 record.

“(When) I signed a three-year (extension in 2006)… I had a goal in mind, and that was to put myself in the best position (in 2010) … I’m thinking I just want to stick to my goal, stick to what I was doing,” Bosh told reporters. “That’s a part of the plan … I just want to address things (after) next season. There’s a reason why I did things the way I did them back then.”

Should Bosh become a free agent in 2010, he’ll join a crop of players that could include LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Steve Nash.

cdcast
06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I know this probably wouldn't work. Just to make one trade in the NBA takes something like a miracle so two trades.....WTH, came up with this.

Trade #1: Oberto to Detroit for Amir Johnson and the 15th pick

Trade #2 (3 team trade):
to Toronto: Jefferson, 15th pick, Bucks 1st round pick
to Bucks: Amir Johnson, Bowen, Hill, Bonner, and Splitter rights
to Spurs: Bosh

Raptors get a top SF in RJ and the two picks plus they have their own lottery pick. If they draft right (that's a big IF), they can be really good in a couple of years.

I can't see the Bucks giving up RJ for just expiring contracts (Johnson, Bowen, and Bonner), that's why the Splitter rights and Hill go to Milwaukee.

I'd hate to see Hill go but the Spurs are in a WIN NOW mode. This is the only way the Spurs could get Bosh without Manu being involved. Maybe not exactly like this but something close to it. Spurs then use the MLE on a SF.

Mel_13
06-05-2009, 10:00 AM
From today's Toronto Sun:

In the little Bosh did have to say on the topic of his future in Toronto, the most compelling was the revelation that there is going to be no hometown discount.

In other words, it's a max contract or no deal as far as Bosh is concerned.

Asked yesterday if he felt he was worth such a contract, Bosh didn't hesitate. "Without a doubt. I really don't see any negotiation about that part."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2009/06/05/9683266-sun.html

Bosh is going to get his money to stay with Toronto or as part of a S&T. The Spurs will never be able to put together a better S&T deal than Miami or NY.

Chieflion
06-05-2009, 10:48 AM
From today's Toronto Sun:

In the little Bosh did have to say on the topic of his future in Toronto, the most compelling was the revelation that there is going to be no hometown discount.

In other words, it's a max contract or no deal as far as Bosh is concerned.

Asked yesterday if he felt he was worth such a contract, Bosh didn't hesitate. "Without a doubt. I really don't see any negotiation about that part."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2009/06/05/9683266-sun.html

Bosh is going to get his money to stay with Toronto or as part of a S&T. The Spurs will never be able to put together a better S&T deal than Miami or NY.
Those bandwagoners better jump on the Heat wagon before there is no space left. To add on, Miami can just offer Chris Bosh a max deal themselves and also keep Dwayne Wade.

Hopefully, when Chalmers and Beasley reach their potential, Miami can win another ring.

Note, I am not a bandwagoner. Not sure about NY and their deal though.