PDA

View Full Version : The Rockets are not the underdogs...

SpursDynasty
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM
I see a lot of threads about "let's support Houston" or "all non-Laker fans unite", etc....that's fine, but it's as if no one expects Houston to go out there and win without some miracle happening. The Rockets have just been going out there, even without Yao, and taking care of business against a team they're supposed to beat. Nothing shocking or to make a huge deal out of. We don't want to jinx them with all the support the Rockets threads. Just let them go out and do what they're supposed to do. There shouldn't be some big rally as if they need extra support/motivation to go win. The only reason Houston hasn't won this series yet is because Yao went down, otherwise the Rockets finish this in 6. No big deal, a few adjustments to be made and the Rockets have won 2 of 3 since Yao went down. The Rockets were the favorites coming into the series and won Game 1. Then they won Game 4 and 6...all routine wins and nothing out of the ordinary. The Lakers think they can just come out, shoot some shots, get some calls, and BS their way through the playoffs the way they did during the regular season. Someone forgot to tell these guys that it's the playoffs now and you're actually expected to play.

The Rockets/Nuggets series should be entertaining.

endrity
05-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Ok, put your money where your mouth is. If the Lakers win you don't post here until the end of the season. Deal?

Amaso
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes

BlackSwordsMan
05-17-2009, 01:56 PM
didn't read your post but thanks for jinxing the rockets
lakers by 100

Cry Havoc
05-17-2009, 02:08 PM
SD might be the best troll in the history of Spurstalk.

kamikazi_player
05-17-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't think SD gambles.

coldsweat
05-17-2009, 02:27 PM
i love that sd has more vbookie cash than the lakers fan who posted in this thread...

SpursDynasty
05-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Ok, put your money where your mouth is. If the Lakers win you don't post here until the end of the season. Deal?

I'll do it. If the Lakers win today, I'll leave the forum until the end of the Finals. The Rockets are winning today. I'm doing this to show that the Rockets are the favorites in this series, and when they win, they'll just be doing what they're supposed to do and there will be no reason for anyone to troll/trash talk/celebrate, etc.....just a routine game for Houston. Again, the Rockets are just going to go out and do what they're supposed to do.

BlackSwordsMan
05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I'll do it. If the Lakers win today, I'll leave the forum until the end of the Finals. The Rockets are winning today. I'm doing this to show that the Rockets are the favorites in this series, and when they win, they'll just be doing what they're supposed to do and there will be no reason for anyone to troll/trash talk/celebrate, etc.....just a routine game for Houston. Again, the Rockets are just going to go out and do what they're supposed to do.

bye bitch :rollin

Banzai
05-17-2009, 03:40 PM
bye bitch :rollin

she won't do it.

BUMP
05-17-2009, 03:55 PM
i love that sd has more vbookie cash than the lakers fan who posted in this thread...

:wtf

kamikazi_player
05-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Bump, bye bye SD.

JamStone
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Do a little dance.
Make a little love.

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2009, 05:02 PM
she won't do it.

he;s akready had to take off 3 months this season cause of a bet he lost about howard, so yeah he'll do it

coldsweat
05-17-2009, 05:02 PM
don't leave sd!

YellowFever
05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I don't think SD gambles.

No..he doesn't gamble.

He just loses.

There is a difference.

endrity
05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I feel bad asking him to do that, I really want him around here.

When the lakers and cavs meet in the Finals, what is he gonna do??? LeBron is the worst MVP ever, and Kobe is not far behind in his mind.

SpursDynasty
05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Ok, so it looks like I'll be leaving until the end of the Finals. No big deal. I'm still not impressed by the Lakers, they are getting by on jump shots right now. What are they going to do when the play a team that actually plays DEFENSE?

Congratulations Denver Nuggets on your 2009 Championship. George Karl will finally get his championship after all these years.

Rest of the playoffs predictions:

Nuggets in 6 vs. the Lakers - WCF's
Celtics in 7 vs. the Magic - tonight's Game 7
Celtics in 6 vs. the Cavaliers - ECF's
Nuggets in 5 vs. the Celtics - NBA Finals

Amaso
05-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Ok, so it looks like I'll be leaving until the end of the Finals. No big deal. I'm still not impressed by the Lakers, they are getting by on jump shots right now. What are they going to do when the play a team that actually plays DEFENSE?

Congratulations Denver Nuggets on your 2009 Championship. George Karl will finally get his championship after all these years.

You'll be missed SD. Anyways, he just screwed over the Nuggets and Celtics.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-17-2009, 07:17 PM
http://bennettmadison.net/yay.jpg

Yay!!!!! No more SD through the Finals!!!!

iggypop123
05-17-2009, 08:12 PM

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4702/espnmiddlefingerpn6.jpg

Allanon
05-17-2009, 08:13 PM

Nah man, don't go.

Mel_13
05-17-2009, 08:22 PM
I feel bad asking him to do that, I really want him around here.

When the lakers and cavs meet in the Finals, what is he gonna do??? LeBron is the worst MVP ever, and Kobe is not far behind in his mind.

Release him from the bet. The next two rounds will be much less entertaining without threads like this. Let him take a month off in November. Come on, at least think about it.

cobbler
05-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Can you PM me your game by game predictions while you're away? I have gotten used to the extra income from betting the opposites! :lmao

KB24 MVP
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks god this fag is gone lol posting and posting bullshit all day even a week of this guy is great

JamStone
05-17-2009, 09:42 PM

Brilliance upon brilliance.

KSeal
05-29-2009, 04:21 AM