PDA

View Full Version : Siskauskas signs with CSKA through 2011

Solid D
05-17-2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/49620/180/item

Siskauskas extends stay with CSKA through 2011

http://www.euroleague.net/resourceserver/20244/7dd1e5a9-6d1e-44ba-805c-0858188b732f/5ac/rglang/en-US/filename/7dd.jpg
In a major move at the Euroleague's very top echelon, CSKA Moscow and star forward Ramunas Siskaukas have agreed to terms to keep the 2008 Euroleague MVP at the club two more seasons until spring of 2011. Siskaukas, a two-time Euroleague champion and a recent second-team All-Euroleague selection, has spent two seasons in Moscow, helping the club win the 2008 Euroleague trophy and reach the 2009 title game. He was a hero early this month at the Final Four by scoring 18 of his career-high 29 points in the fourth quarter to lead CSKA to a come-from-behind semifinal victory over Regal FC Barcelona. Siskauskas was CSKA's go-to guy in the title game, too, taking the final shot with the trophy hanging in the balance, although his three-point try rimmed out. He finished this season as CSKA's top scorer with 12.1 points per game. Siskauskas has been selected to the All-Euroleague first or second team in three of the past four seasons.

Among his career highlights are winning back-to-back Euroleague titles with Panathinaikos in 2007 and CSKA in 2008. In domestic competitions, Siskauskas has won titles in four different countries: his native Lithuania, with Lietuvos Rytas; in Italy, with Benetton Treviso; in Greece, with Panathinaikos; and in Russia, with CSKA. Siskaukas has also won the European championship and an Olympic bronze medal with the Lithuanian national team.

"I feel like the right man in the right place in CSKA," Siskauskas said after the new deal was announced. "I am happy with both the team and the organization. That is why I don't see any reason to think about changes. I feel myself as a part of history of a great club, which is aiming for the highest goals. And that's what absolutely matches with my character."
Friday, May 15, 2009

TDMVPDPOY
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
The problem i have with the euro national leagues....

seems like 1-2 strong teams in each league, rest are just makn up the numbers and fodder victories, while the same 2 teams you always qualify for the euroleague or some other international league cup.....

imo they should just scrap the domestic league and get all the strong power broker teams and set up a new league where the rich teams play only....

timvp
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
It would have been interesting to see what he could do in the NBA. I had some questions regarding his mobility but he's definitely talented.

But this closes the door on ever seeing him in the NBA.

flox
05-17-2009, 10:47 PM

seems like 1-2 strong teams in each league, rest are just makn up the numbers and fodder victories, while the same 2 teams you always qualify for the euroleague or some other international league cup.....

imo they should just scrap the domestic league and get all the strong power broker teams and set up a new league where the rich teams play only....

you mean...like the euroleague?

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 01:57 AM

Well thats exactly why we have the Euroleague. After Euroleague we have Uleb Cup.

Kobayagi
05-18-2009, 05:22 AM

lol, my thoughts exactly. :lol

Hemotivo
05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
It would have been interesting to see what he could do in the NBA. I had some questions regarding his mobility but he's definitely talented.

you know, Herrmann played some games in the NBA

phxspurfan
05-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Sisyphus?

http://www.papiermache.co.uk/images/gallery/items/372_939531222442816_l.jpg

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 06:04 PM

You can't do that in Europe. Americans do not understand European sports system. There would be not a single European player worth anything within 5 years if you did this. Every single league would not exist anymore. EVERY team would then be made of horrible D-league level American players.

There would not even be a Ricky Rubio for NBA to scout because he could no longer play basketball in his country. Within 5 years that is what you would have. It would be like saying in USA let us just get rid of high school and NCAA basketball the NBA does not need it because they have D-League.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 06:06 PM

I think he means a closed franchise league like NBA. He does not understand that this would be like the NBA eliminating high school and college basketball in the US.

But then again maybe you are right maybe he does not even know that the Euroleague is. Would not surprise me because most the Americans in this board know zero about any basketball that is not in US but of course they love to insult and name call and brag about how they know MORE than any others on earth about it.