PDA

View Full Version : Dead folks getting stimulus

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
This Obama fellow has no clue what he is doing. Passing this crap gets more and more silly everyday. I should be pissed off but it's getting to the point you have to laugh.

http://www.businessinsider.com/thousands-of-dead-people-getting-stimulus-checks-2009-5

Thousands Of Dead People Getting Stimulus Checks
John Carney|May. 15, 2009, 2:57 PM|17
PrintTags: Economy, Stimulus, Politics
What did you expect from a government run by a Cook County politician?

Fox Reports:

Thousands of Americans are receiving federal stimulus checks in the mail, this week. Only problem: many of them are deceased.

Recently, a Long Island, New York woman was shocked when she checked the mail and received a letter from the U.S. Treasury -- but it wasn't for her.

Antoniette Santopadre of Valley Stream was expecting a $250 stimulus check. But when her son finally opened it, they saw that the check was made out to her father, Romolo Romonini, who died in Italy 34 years ago.

Romonini was a U.S. citizen when he left for Italy in 1933, but only returned to the U.S. for a seven-month visit in 1969.

The Santopadres are not alone. The Social Security Administration, which sent out 52 million checks, said some of those checks mistakenly went to dead people because the agency had no record of their death. That amounts to between 8,000 and 10,000 checks for millions of dollars.

The feds blame a rushed schedule, because all the checks have to be cut by June. But strangely, some of the checks were made out to people -- like Romonini -- who were never even part of the Social Security system.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Get off Obama's back. It tough work writing and signing and mailing all those checks himself.

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah, right. Should not have done this package. This is what happens when you don't know what u are doing. When you don't read what you are signing. Just one small example.

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Probably got the names from ACORN

ChumpDumper
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, right. Should not have done this package. This is what happens when you don't know what u are doing. When you don't read what you are signing. Just one small example.Where did the legislation say dead people will get checks?

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Isn't great that our leader, our President is making sure every cent is being spent responsibly?

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
To be fair some of these dead folks voted for Obama. They deserve some pay back. I wonder if the Disney charaters got checks as well as the dead people.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Where did the legislation say dead people will get checks?

Which votes by the deceased were documented?

angrydude
05-17-2009, 05:40 PM

nice try, but as the chief executive, it is Obama's responsibility to oversee and enforce the laws that Congress passes. Its ultimately his responsibility to make sure things like this don't happen.

So if this was George W Bush you'd be calling him incompetent.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2009, 05:43 PM
:lol

Those aren't answers.

It's not like Romolo Romonini can spend the money.

So if this was George W Bush you'd be calling him incompetent.Not for this. Bush gave stimulus checks to dead people last year by design.

jack sommerset
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Obama makes me chuckle. He promised to rid Washington of W Bush’s “culture of incompetence”.

ElNono
05-17-2009, 06:04 PM
At least they didn't vote.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Eh, if 99.9998% of the checks are going to the right people like the article claims, that's pretty good for a rush job.

Winehole23
05-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Anecdote can trump statistics. You see it every day. Usage is king.

Spurminator
05-17-2009, 08:45 PM
This is an outrage!!

PixelPusher
05-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow! I had never heard any story about a government check going to someone who was already dead before the OP.

What...next you'll tell me dead people get mailed bills too?

Bender
05-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Probably got the names from ACORN:lol

hope4dopes
05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Obama makes me chuckle. He promised to rid Washington of W Bush’s “culture of incompetence”.

I vaugely remember something about that and line by line scrutiny, as well as turning water into wine.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Eh, if 99.9998% of the checks are going to the right people like the article claims, that's pretty good for a rush job.

"10,000 checks for millions" =0.0002% of the total stimulus????

hope4dopes
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
"10,000 checks for millions" =0.0002% of the total stimulus???? Is that supposed to be comforting? or have we all become so battered and desensitized that we just accept the loss of a few million here and there...and here and there....and here and there....and here and there.

balli
05-17-2009, 10:38 PM
First off, anecdote may trump statistics, but it takes a special kind of moron to characterize a .0002% failure rate by the Social Security Administration as Obama, "having no clue," as to what he's doing. Welcome to the idiocy that is one jackoff sommerset.

or have we all become so battered and desensitized that we just accept the loss of a few million here and there...
And second, unless dead men start rising from the grave, there's not going to be a loss of a few million... here or there.

hope4dopes
05-17-2009, 10:51 PM
First off, anecdote may trump statistics, but it takes a special kind of moron to characterize a .0002% failure rate by the Social Security Administration as Obama, "having no clue," as to what he's doing. Welcome to the idiocy that is one jackoff sommerset.

And second, unless dead men start rising from the grave, there's not going to be a loss of a few million... here or there. It is systematic of a huge
bueracrtic goverment that has contempt for those who produce the wealth of the nation, and who take the wealth of the nation.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
"10,000 checks for millions" =0.0002% of the total stimulus????Of the checks.

RIF.

Is that supposed to be comforting? or have we all become so battered and desensitized that we just accept the loss of a few million here and there...and here and there....and here and there....and here and there.Tell me how Romolo Romonini can spend his stimulus check.

PixelPusher
05-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Is that supposed to be comforting? or have we all become so battered and desensitized that we just accept the loss of a few million here and there...and here and there....and here and there....and here and there.

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/08/usa.iraq1)
Special flights brought in tonnes of banknotes which disappeared into the war zone

David Pallister
The Guardian, Thursday 8 February 2007

An armed guard poses beside pallets of $100 bills in Baghdad. Almost $12bn in cash was spent by the US-led authority
The US flew nearly $12bn in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into Iraq, then distributed the cash with no proper control over who was receiving it and how it was being spent.

The staggering scale of the biggest transfer of cash in the history of the Federal Reserve has been graphically laid bare by a US congressional committee.

In the year after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 nearly 281 million notes, weighing 363 tonnes, were sent from New York to Baghdad for disbursement to Iraqi ministries and US contractors. Using C-130 planes, the deliveries took place once or twice a month with the biggest of $2,401,600,000 on June 22 2004, six days before the handover...

"Drop in the bucket. We're at war - pick a side! Why do you hate America. Blabity, Blabity..."

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2009, 07:57 AM
:lmao

This thread is hilarious.. jack and his intellectual dishonesty strikes again!

hey jack how are the dead people going to cash their checks?

boutons_deux
05-18-2009, 08:05 AM
The financial sector boys redistribute wealth to themselves, rip off, and run away with $100s of $Ms of salary, bonus while destroying $4T in wealth. But that's OK with the wrongies.

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2009, 08:12 AM
The financial sector boys redistribute wealth to themselves, rip off, and run away with $100s of $Ms of salary, bonus while destroying $4T in wealth. But that's OK with the wrongies.

8 , 10, 12 billion lost in a nunecessary war and jack wants to start a war with dead people..:lmao

Wild Cobra
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM

That's the beauty of the system. Since real ID is not required, and some places do almost no checking, there is statistical certainty that fraudulent voting occurs.

I'm sure it happens in my state. We have vote by mail, with no real checks. You register to vote by mail, suppose to give verification, but the law allows you to vote with no verification. On top of that, no requirements by law to check the legality of voters. All requests by republicans in my state go nowhere. The democrats in control will not do any verifications, except for petition signatures to put laws on the ballots by conservative activists! Then they keep changing the rules, without publishing them!

Wild Cobra
05-18-2009, 10:15 AM
8 , 10, 12 billion lost in a nunecessary war and jack wants to start a war with dead people..:lmao
Big difference moron.

The necessity of war is an opinion. Money sent to dead people is a fact.

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Big difference moron.

hey moron what about losing 12 billion dollars? that's a fact.....any word on that?

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
That's the beauty of the system. Since real ID is not required, and some places do almost no checking, there is statistical certainty that fraudulent voting occurs.

I'm sure it happens in my state. We have vote by mail, with no real checks. You register to vote by mail, suppose to give verification, but the law allows you to vote with no verification. On top of that, no requirements by law to check the legality of voters. All requests by republicans in my state go nowhere. The democrats in control will not do any verifications, except for petition signatures to put laws on the ballots by conservative activists! Then they keep changing the rules, without publishing them!

So what about the people that died after they paid their taxes?

PixelPusher
05-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Big difference moron.

This...

how are the dead people going to cash their checks?

...plus are you smart enough to distinguish between checks/bank notes which have to be redeemed and large freight palettes of cash?

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 12:33 PM

This thread is hilarious.. jack and his intellectual dishonesty strikes again!

hey jack how are the dead people going to cash their checks?

:lmao Yeah, I made up this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably the same way dead people registered to vote and/or voted. Not the big picture though. Another example why Obama should not have passed this stimulus package. He has no clue where the money is going.

Wild Cobra
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
So what about the people that died after they paid their taxes?
That's different. That likely is proper to be part of the estate. Dead people from years back... not OK.

ChumpDumper
05-18-2009, 01:08 PM
That's the beauty of the system. Since real ID is not required, and some places do almost no checking, there is statistical certainty that fraudulent voting occurs.Massive vote fraud!

Tell me -- statistically -- how many fraudulent votes were cast in the last decade?

ChumpDumper
05-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Probably the same way dead people registered to vote and/or voted.Never had a bank account, I see.

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Never had a bank account, I see.

Never heard of anyone trying to cash a dead persons check?

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Never heard of fake Id's

ChumpDumper
05-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Never heard of anyone trying to cash a dead persons check?Yeah, they get arrested.

Never heard of fake Id'sSo someone will spend $300 to get a fake ID to cash a $250 check.

PixelPusher
05-18-2009, 01:45 PM

Nope. Prior to the OP, I've never heard of anyone trying to cash a dead person's check. This must be a problem unique to Barack Obama.

I've also never heard of anyone getting caught and sent to the pen for fraudulently cashing checks either.

PixelPusher
05-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Tell you what, Jack and hopes4dopes...if 12 Billion dollars worth of dead people's checks are ever successfully cashed, with the offenders never caught and the money never recovered, I'll be sure display the same level of outrage you and the rest of the board conservatives showed after the report of 12 Billion in cold, hard cash dissapeared in Iraq.

balli
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I think my stimulus check was stolen out of the mail and somebody's going to go to the trouble to steal my ID and cash it. Damn Obama, obviously he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. If he did, he would have written my check himself before hand-delivering it to my doorstep while asking for 2 forms of ID, social security card and a Secret Service administered biometric scan. Fuck the criminal who stole my check and identity, it's all Obama's fault.

And I'm only one of the massively huge .000000001% of people this happened to.

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
HAHAHAHA laughing at all the excuses!

Shows you he has no clue to where the stimulus money is going. Yet another example, they keep on coming.

Blake
05-18-2009, 03:05 PM

HAHAHAHA laughing at you laughing at the people laughing at you

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 03:09 PM
HAHAHAHA laughing at you laughing at the people laughing at you

hahahahaha laughing at you laughing at me laughing at.....oh fuck it. Its funny as shit

PixelPusher
05-18-2009, 03:14 PM

Shows you he has no clue to where the stimulus money is going. Yet another example, they keep on coming.

Aww, don't go full retard on us - at least try to make an effort when you want smear some fresh bullshit around.

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Aww, don't go full retard on us - at least try to make an effort when you want smear some fresh bullshit around.

Sending 10,000 checks to dead people is retarded not me son.

PixelPusher
05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
Sending 10,000 checks to dead people is retarded not me son.

The Federal government, State govs, city and local govs, big corporations, small businesses and entrepreneurs all send out mail to dead people. Anyone who's ever had to deal with a recently deceased relative's estate already knows this.

But hey, if it helps you feel better about yourself to beat your chest and call them all retarded, be my guest son. Maybe you can use your superior smarts to consolidate, organize and continuously update every mailing list database on the planet. A little "Big Brotherly", but what the hey...

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 03:38 PM
The Federal government, State govs, city and local govs, big corporations, small businesses and entrepreneurs all send out mail to dead people. Anyone who's ever had to deal with a recently deceased relative's estate already knows this.

But hey, if it helps you feel better about yourself to beat your chest and call them all retarded, be my guest son. Maybe you can use your superior smarts to consolidate, organize and continuously update every mailing list database on the planet. A little "Big Brotherly", but what the hey...

This is the Stimulus he passed so FAST. Shows he has no clues where it is going and again it's one small example of the stupidity of passing that BS.

You got to let some go son. Defending everything Obama does makes no sense. That Stimulus was and is a joke. No Earmarks!!!!!!!!!! Bullshit.

George Gervin's Afro
05-18-2009, 04:01 PM
This is the Stimulus he passed so FAST. Shows he has no clues where it is going and again it's one small example of the stupidity of passing that BS.

You got to let some go son. Defending everything Obama does makes no sense. That Stimulus was and is a joke. No Earmarks!!!!!!!!!! Bullshit.

Sort of like blaming obama for everything making no sense?

clambake
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM
jack is just being a "bad monkey".

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
jack is just being a "bad monkey".

:lol

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Sort of like blaming obama for everything making no sense?

You show me where I blamed Obama for everything

clambake
05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
now jack.....make nice and pick up the cones.

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
now jack.....make nice and pick up the cones.

Ok. I thought Obamas speech at Norta Dame was pretty good. I like the fact when someone in the audience heckled him, he calmly said that was ok. Nice.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Ok. I thought Obamas speech at Norta Dame was pretty good. I like the fact when someone in the audience heckled him, he calmly said that was ok. Nice.

It always help when there are no shoes flying around.

FaithInOne
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
You show me where I blamed Obama for everything

You can either blame him for NOTHING, or everything.

If you blame him for SOMETHING that is automatically upgraded to EVERYTHING here in amerika.

Get with it good sir.

ChumpDumper
05-18-2009, 05:17 PM
This is the Stimulus he passed so FAST.Got the checks out fast too.