PDA

View Full Version : I like to swing open my car doors with out care.

Frenzy
05-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Now I was driving my dads truck and I pulled in to the local HEB and parked far off to avoid anyone parking next to me. Since it's his truck and not mine obviously I have to be extra careful with it. I was using my dad's truck cause I was at my dad's house and he was like "take my truck(he had parked behind me and didn't wanna move his truck just so I can go to the store he has me on the truck insurance for just these occasions) Now he's retired so he does very little other than take care of my mom and his truck.

So I park I go in get what i need to get and i'm out. I get a call as i settle myself in the truck and it's my dad yaking about make sure I didn't forget the lemons. So this suv parks next to me and I look at it park a little to close to me.....filled with kids....great:depressed

so i'm like crap i gotta move...now now now... move! but before i have a chance to turn on the car....kid swings open the door and whaaam! Oh dam it....

So as I get out and examine the damage kid runs to the driver side of the SUV(i was parked in the same direction as the suv) and gives me a glance like "oh shit"
I look at my dad's truck no damage....but the hit sure felt like it. But I decide just to comfront the driver cause well it could save some one a headache in the future. I call the guy and he can hardly understand me cause he looks "middle eastern/arab..etc" So i say and make hand motions telling him the child(9yr old about) hit my truck with the door. He eventually understands and smacks his kid across the head and face saying i'm sorry i'm sorry. I told him no prob no damage just make sure he is careful cause next time he may cause damage to some other car.

so it came out rather well... has this happen to any of you fellow ST"ers???

plus what would happen if the kid did cause damage and the driver denied it! what could i have done... i never really thought about it. I guess it would just be my word against his and i'd be screwed right??

MiamiHeat
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
i'm too hypnotized by the pretty asian girls in your sig

Frenzy
05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
i guess i should remove it =/

BruceBowenFan
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
i guess i should remove it =/

:nope

BlackSwordsMan
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I wish I didn't have sigs turned off

BlackSwordsMan
05-17-2009, 10:18 PM
no harm no foul btw

BruceBowenFan
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
I wish I didn't have sigs turned off

Damn it man turn them on NOW.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-18-2009, 10:00 AM
He eventually understands and smacks his kid across the head and face saying i'm sorry i'm sorry.
:tu

about time a parent actually parents

Dex
05-18-2009, 10:09 AM
The parking spots in my apartment are retardedly small. It's like they made them big enough for a car to fit between the lines, but left no room for a door to open. Even if you're between your lines and the neighboring car is between his...you're left with like 2 inches of clearance. It's like they tried wayyyyy too hard to fit one extra spot in. I've gathered numerous door dings, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it other than move.

As a result, we've all collectively started developing our parking protocol, and just park on top of the lines with a sane amount of spacing.

phyzik
05-18-2009, 11:05 AM
plus what would happen if the kid did cause damage and the driver denied it! what could i have done... i never really thought about it. I guess it would just be my word against his and i'd be screwed right??

You would pretend to drive off, wait for him and his kids to go inside HEB, drive back to his SUV and proceed to fuck it up. slash the tires, key the shit out of it, throw a brick through a window, ect.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I have a chrome step rail that sticks out further than the door panels on my truck, so any car that parks next to me is low enough that their door will just hit the railing should they open their doors too far. I've heard, and felt, doors hit that rail at least half a dozen times when I'm parked, and I'm always grateful for that rail every time that happens.

I don't think there's much you can do. There seems to be a decline in respect for other people's property. If someone won't take responsibility for their actions you're basically screwed without a witness. You'd probably spend more money pursuing a judgment than you would just fixing the scratch/dent yourself.

Bender
05-18-2009, 02:23 PM
In my car, I keep a stack of signs on copy paper, that have a drawing of Mickey Mouse flipping the bird, and he is saying "Learn how to park, asshole".

Just for those occasions when I see a giant SUV parked diagonally in its space.

TDMVPDPOY
05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
in my neighborhood they dont give a shit whose car it is, you get cocky u come down with ur car getting keyed all over the place, or worst all fkn 4 doors get kickd in or all windows smashed...i hate it.

Heath Ledger
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
I carry a pick axe just for these occasions.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-18-2009, 06:53 PM
I was parking at school once when one of my friends drives up and parks to the left of me. Another friend who got a ride with him is sitting in the passenger seat, swings the door open by kicking it, and knocks off my rearview mirror. As much as I wanted to be pissed, it looked so damn hilarious and already knew how to fix it up quickly.

Ginofan
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
People have no respect for other people's property. I've actually had someone back up and scratch my spare tire cover with their paint. Thank god there was no dent or ding still scratched though...and do you think they left a note or anything of the sort...HELL NO. It just pisses me off that my first BRAND NEW vehicle already has scratches and door dings like it's a freakin 5-10 year old car. I hate people.

thispego
05-18-2009, 11:05 PM
It was 2001, a windy night in victoria, tx. CBF and I were smoking a blunt in preparation for a movie at the local cinemark. We pull in to the parking lot and see there are tons of empty spots, half of the lot is empty, however cbf finds a nice little open spot between two cars amongst a sea of more empty spaces. Me, being stoned and the weather being windy as fuck that day, I open the door and it is immediately flung open into the car next to me. It first i laugh cause im stoned and its funny, then guilt quickly sets in and i start to think about maybe leaving a note or something. After concentrating on the minor dent I caused for a couple of minutes I look up to see a face staring back at me from the cars' driver seat. My heart sinks and I get out to experience a confrontation i was ill-prepared to face at the time. The dude gets out and he doesn't look happy, he inspects the damage and looks like he's debating with himself whether or not he wants to get angry or let it go. He starts bitching about all the empty spots we could have parked in and that I need to be more careful. I think he knew i was blown. He decided to not take my info and said forget about it.

fast forward to 2005, A buddy and me were smoking a blunt headed somewhere else in Victoria. I met this dude a few semesters before in classes but we didn't really start hanging out till that semester. When we got to our destination he pointed out a spot between two cars. Ever since the incident back in 2002 I never parked between two cars unless there was no choice. So i told him nah i'm gonna try to find a better spot and proceeded to tell him the story. He looked confused for a minute and then busted out laughing. "Dude that was me! I was the guy in the car! I seriously wanted to beat your ass because i knew you were fuckin high!"

true story

Oscar DeLa
05-18-2009, 11:11 PM
I don't know what it is but i remember you saying that, was that your little butt buddy taylor conner?

thispego
05-18-2009, 11:17 PM
noooooooooooooooooop

Frenzy
05-19-2009, 01:19 PM
so if it happens... TS. gotcha

bus driver
05-19-2009, 02:17 PM
i park just far enough from the store to weed out all the fat and/or lazy people parking next to me. most people dont park that far