PDA

View Full Version : Barkley has the Magic beating the Cavs

Tacker
05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
He thinks Magic will give them matchup problems and are capable of beating the Cavs at home.

JamStone
05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Barkley is entertaining. But, he's proven to not be too bright most of the time.

kamikazi_player
05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Duh, I think Magic are going to win in 6. Really the only match-up the own is Lebron-Courtney Lee and MAYBE Mo Williams-Rafer Alston. Other than that Magic owns them in everything else including bench.

Allanon
05-17-2009, 10:02 PM
The Cavs will have their hands full with the Magic. A Magic win would not surprise me at all.

But I gotta root for the Cavs because the Magic also present problems for the Lakers.

Cavs in 7, I hope.

iggypop123
05-17-2009, 10:02 PM
well they were once down to them by 40. its all about how many ft lebron gets. if its not ridiculous it can be a series

Lebron4MVP
05-17-2009, 10:03 PM
A jump shooting team isnt going to beat the Cavs. :sleep

MarHill
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Barkley is entertaining. But, he's proven to not be too bright most of the time.

+1

Also, drugs are a very dangerous thing!!!

:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The Cavs in 6!

ducks
05-17-2009, 10:06 PM
magic are bad matchups
would not suprise me
magic in 6

ElNono
This is great news for the Cavs.

DeadlyDynasty
The Magic beat them 2 out of 3 times this year (both wins were blowouts). The one loss was a 4-point loss at Cleveland, where LBJ went off from beyond the arc and Rashard and Hedo had uncharacteristically awful games. I will also say Magic in six because of the matchup problems they pose Cleveland

BandWagon Cavs Fan

+1 these clowns are crazy son. Im laughing reading all of this and they are gonna be in hiding in a shell when its gametime. Matchup problems, Regular season, Mo being an even matchup with Rafer hahahaha, Etc......PEACE

ducks
05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
cavs have lost several times to magic
it is not like barkley is pulling something out of thin air

JamStone
TNT is killing me right now...

DeadlyDynasty
Outside of LeBron, that's all the Cavs are:rolleyes
even their "big men" andy and Z are jumpshooters and not post players like they should be

ducks
05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
This is great news for the Cavs.

yes it is
james is not going to finals
and want to stay to prove he can lead the cavs back to finals

JamStone
05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
On Luis Scola putting on his jersey backwards, EJ says, "That's not a good sign."

Barkley: "It's not a good sign when your power forward has a gutt. I got a gutt now, but not when I was playing."

ElNono
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
yes it is
james is not going to finals
and want to stay to prove he can lead the cavs back to finals

You hate Lebron. We get it.

Pistons < Spurs
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm with Barkley. Magic in 7

JamStone
05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
"Ask me again, Kenny."

"Why you never buy your woman a watch?"

"Cuz there's a clock on the stove."

lefty
05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Clippers in 5

SouthTexasRancher
05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
He thinks Magic will give them matchup problems and are capable of beating the Cavs at home.

Charles, Kenny and CWebb are all 3 pissed off at the LaLa Land Fakers for giving a half-ass effort like they did last season against Boston.

carrao45
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM

The Cavs ARE a jumpshooting team

SouthTexasRancher
05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Clippers in 5

:lol Yuck, yuck, yuck...Classic ... :lol

Allanon
05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
The Magic beat the Cavs twice this year, one time by 40. The one time they loss, it was on a miracle 3 pointer by LeBron.

This is a very evenly matched series.

Allanon
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/johansen01/pixelpeepersdelight/nbagonefishin/artest-01a.jpg

This one looks good :lol

Amaso
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
I still have the Cavs winning, but if the Magic had Jameer Nelson, I'd take the Magic in 6.

cobbler
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
As a Laker fan I would much rather play the Cavs than the Magic.

Magic in 6

JamStone
05-17-2009, 10:49 PM
As a Laker fan I would much rather play the Cavs than the Magic.

Magic in 6

No you wouldn't. As a Laker fan, you want to avoid LeBron.

cobbler
05-17-2009, 10:55 PM

Not true... We can defend Lebron. Lakers biggest weakness is defending quick PG's and the 3 point shot.

In fact... of the 3 remaining teams... I am worried about the Cav's the least.

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Why? The Cavs are a one-trick pony when they play the elite. The Magic, on the other hand, have weapons everywhere

redzero
05-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Magic in six.

iggypop123
05-17-2009, 10:56 PM
so instead of the dream matchup he has Denver Orlando. yeah sure buddy

Jacko
05-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Umm didn't the Magic completely face fuck the Cavs in their last game and stay competitive in all their regular season games?

They are certainly capable of beating the Cavs if the refs call this fairly.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Oh man Sons I love it, Cannot wait for this series for you clowns. well see how the regular season compares.....

JamStone
05-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Not true... We can defend Lebron. Lakers biggest weakness is defending quick PG's and the 3 point shot.

In fact... of the 3 remaining teams... I am worried about the Cav's the least.

The Lakers cannot defend LeBron. That's like saying the Rockets can shut down Kobe. Do a better job than a lot of other teams? Maybe. So the Lakers might hold LeBron to 35/9/12 instead of 45/11/15. Congrats.

And, while the Magic shoot more three pointers than the Cavs, the Cavs shot the three point better in both the regular season and in the playoffs. And, Mo Williams is a lot quicker and faster than Rafer Alston.

That's not a very good job at supporting your point there.

cobbler
05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Why? The Cavs are a one-trick pony when they play the elite. The Magic, on the other hand, have weapons everywhere

I want to see the frontal shot of that soccer team in your sig!:toast

JamStone
05-17-2009, 11:10 PM

You would think Laker fans would be a little less confident after getting pushed by a Yao-less and McGrady-less Rockets team. The Cavs actually have better shooters than the Magic overall. Of course they rely heavily on LeBron, but this year especially, they are not a one trick pony at all. And, at least that horse can completely take over a game. The Magic's "horse" is a center who can't consistently score in the low post and shoots 60% from the free throw line. Their go-to play at the end of close games is Hedo Turkoglu dribbling until aimlessly and shooting 28 foot fade-away three pointers. Even beyond that, the Cavs are playing the best basketball of any team left in the playoffs, regardless of competition. That's not a valid criticism when the Lakers lost twice to a Rockets team without Yao and McGrady.

If the Lakers are fortunate to get to the NBA Finals, you surely would rather not see LeBron James and the Cavs.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-17-2009, 11:12 PM
You would think Laker fans would be a little less confident after getting pushed by a Yao-less and McGrady-less Rockets team. The Cavs actually have better shooters than the Magic overall. Of course they rely heavily on LeBron, but this year especially, they are not a one trick pony at all. And, at least that horse can completely take over a game. The Magic's "horse" is a center who can't consistently score in the low post and shoots 60% from the free throw line. Their go-to play at the end of close games is Hedo Turkoglu dribbling until aimlessly and shooting 28 foot fade-away three pointers. Even beyond that, the Cavs are playing the best basketball of any team left in the playoffs, regardless of competition. That's not a valid criticism when the Lakers lost twice to a Rockets team without Yao and McGrady.

If the Lakers are fortunate to get to the NBA Finals, you surely would rather not see LeBron James and the Cavs.

Your a freakin genious son, couldnt of said that any better.

Jacko
05-17-2009, 11:14 PM
It's all about matchups you idiots.

The fact that the Rockets were undermanned is largely irrelevant. In fact it HELPED them against the Lakers. Without Yao they basically turned into Portland with better defense, which as you all know is the Laker's kryptonite (especially on the road).

The Cavs don't present any signifcant matchup problems for the Lakers. They have shown they can force Lebron to the perimeter and the Laker's frontcourt has completely manhandled uber-soft Big Z, sideshow Bob, and midget Ben Wallace.

At least the Lakers can point to some factual evidence to backup their claims, as in SHIT THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN A GAME BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS THIS YEAR. All the haters can do is say LEBRON IS DA BESTEST!!!!!!!!!!

Allanon
05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Lakers always have a hard time with quick penetrating guards. Aaron Brooks especially since he also shoots the 3 ball.

Fisher will have slow guys in Billups/Anthony and then Delonte West/Boobie/Pavlovic after that. Lakers are basically home free on their biggest weakness unless they meet the Magic. I said it early in the season, the Nuggets are a much better team with Billups overall but they're worse against the Lakers now.

Go Cavs!

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 11:19 PM

Agree to disagree, respectfully. First off, their frontcourt would get absolutely annihilated by ours...just look at our second game with them when Bynum was out and Pau and LO went off. Game 1 we dominated the paint as well. In both meetings LA did a great job of getting the ball out of LBJ's hands. Look at Cleveland's record against the Magic and Lakers this year...they both present horrible mismatches for them. Cleveland hasn't faced a team in the playoffs who can score more than 90ppg:lol. I'm sorry but I would love to see LeBron in the finals...The Lakers would take it in 5 (not joking).

JamStone
05-17-2009, 11:19 PM
The old "look at what happened in a regular season game" argument.

People still think that's legitimate?

So I guess if Orlando really does make it to the NBA Finals against the Lakers, the Lakers have no chance since Orlando swept them in the regular season. Now I see why you Laker fans are so scared of the Magic.

Regular season games...

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 11:22 PM

So I guess if Orlando really does make it to the NBA Finals against the Lakers, the Lakers have no chance since Orlando swept them in the regular season. Now I see why you Laker fans are so scared of the Magic.

Regular season games...
jesus christ do you not get it? It's not like the Cavs beating the Spurs twice in 2007 just by playing great games while SA played poorly, only to get swept in the finals. LA and Orl exposed major weaknesses in Cleveland's defense that can't be rectified w/o different personnel. Cleveland is soft as charmin in the frontcourt

JamStone
05-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Agree to disagree, respectfully. First off, their frontcourt would get absolutely annihilated by ours...just look at our second game with them when Bynum was out and Pau and LO went off. Game 1 we dominated the paint as well. In both meetings LA did a great job of getting the ball out of LBJ's hands. Look at Cleveland's record against the Magic and Lakers this year...they both present horrible mismatches for them. Cleveland hasn't faced a team in the playoffs who can score more than 90ppg:lol. I'm sorry but I would love to see LeBron in the finals...The Lakers would take it in 5 (not joking).

Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry.

I don't care what Laker fans say after the fact. There's no way in hell you truly believed that that front court would put up the kind of challenge they did.

And, again... the regular season argument. It might be a reference point, but it rarely is an end all, be all argument to determine the better team in a 7 game series. If you really think the Lakers would be able to keep the ball out of LeBron's hands in an NBA Finals playoff series, you're flat out crazy.

Allanon
05-17-2009, 11:23 PM
The regular season records have held out very nicely...Cavs/Lakers/Nuggets/Magic are the last ones standing.

There have been no upsets to make anybody think the regular season matchups don't matter...everything has gone according to the regular season.

BUMP
05-17-2009, 11:25 PM
anytime you beat a team by 40 in the regular season you know they have matchup problems.

Cleveland has been impressive so far, but now its going to get really dificult for them. Detroit shouldnt've even been in the postseason while Atlanta had starters injured and never had a chance anyway. The Magic will drag this series out to six or seven but ultimately the Cavs will come out on top. Any team who's go to play is Hedo Turkoglu fadeaway three pointers, has no business making it to the Finals. I'm sorry

mytespurs
05-17-2009, 11:26 PM
It's all about matchups you idiots.

The fact that the Rockets were undermanned is largely irrelevant. In fact it HELPED them against the Lakers. Without Yao they basically turned into Portland with better defense, which as you all know is the Laker's kryptonite (especially on the road).

The Cavs don't present any signifcant matchup problems for the Lakers. They have shown they can force Lebron to the perimeter and the Laker's frontcourt has completely manhandled uber-soft Big Z, sideshow Bob, and midget Ben Wallace.

At least the Lakers can point to some factual evidence to backup their claims, as in SHIT THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN A GAME BETWEEN THE TWO TEAMS THIS YEAR. All the haters can do is say LEBRON IS DA BESTEST!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't help the Rockets that much; in the end, they couldn't get over the hump. :) Maybe a healthy Yao could've made a difference but we'll never know....

And I'm not too sure I would rely on competiton from 3-4 months ago as an n indicator of how a potential series will go.

Saying that, I still think the lakers have better talent and overall depth than the Cavs so from that perspective I would give them the edge if they should meet.

Besides, we shouldn't be putting the cart before the horse...the Lakers have to play the Nuggets first. :hat

cobbler
05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
The Lakers cannot defend LeBron. That's like saying the Rockets can shut down Kobe. Do a better job than a lot of other teams? Maybe. So the Lakers might hold LeBron to 35/9/12 instead of 45/11/15. Congrats.

And, while the Magic shoot more three pointers than the Cavs, the Cavs shot the three point better in both the regular season and in the playoffs. And, Mo Williams is a lot quicker and faster than Rafer Alston.

That's not a very good job at supporting your point there.

Not against the Lakers.

Lebron 16 pts 8 rebs 12 asst
23 pts 9 rebs 4 asst

cavs 3 pt 40%
Magic 42%

Not to mention Dwight who there is no answer for. I dont think Z or mophead present the same difficulty.

This season... Lakers vs Cavs 2-0 Lakers vs Magic 0-2

How's that for support.

DeadlyDynasty
Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry.

I don't care what Laker fans say after the fact. There's no way in hell you truly believed that that front court would put up the kind of challenge they did.

And, again... the regular season argument. It might be a reference point, but it rarely is an end all, be all argument to determine the better team in a 7 game series. If you really think the Lakers would be able to keep the ball out of LeBron's hands in an NBA Finals playoff series, you're flat out crazy.
Of course they won't be able to do that all series...but in the same token if you think the Cavs actually matchup well with the Lakers then you seriously need to put down the kool-aid

JamStone
The regular season records have held out very nicely...Cavs/Lakers/Nuggets/Magic are the last ones standing.

There have been no upsets to make anybody think the regular season matchups don't matter...everything has gone according to the regular season.

Why didn't the Lakers sweep the Rockets? Based on the regular season, that's what should have happened.

Tacker
05-17-2009, 11:29 PM

Denver Nuggets?

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Why didn't the Lakers sweep the Rockets? Based on the regular season, that's what should have happened.
Please explain how a team comprised of LBJ and a gaggle of jumpshooters matches up well with the Lakers...i'm dying to read it

Allanon
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM

The other microcosm of the Lakers during the regular season...playing down to the competition.

Nothing's changed.

cobbler
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM

Regular season games...

Not saying no chance... come on. But based on the games played the Lakers match up better with the Cavs than the Magic. It's not rocket science.

Tacker
anytime you beat a team by 40 in the regular season you know they have matchup problems.

Cleveland has been impressive so far, but now its going to get really dificult for them. Detroit shouldnt've even been in the postseason while Atlanta had starters injured and never had a chance anyway. The Magic will drag this series out to six or seven but ultimately the Cavs will come out on top. Any team who's go to play is Hedo Turkoglu fadeaway three pointers, has no business making it to the Finals. I'm sorry

Fadeaway or not he makes them.......

resistanze
Please explain how a team comprised of LBJ and a gaggle of jumpshooters matches up well with the Lakers...i'm dying to read it

Well I wouldn't have thought that a Yao-less, Mutumbo-less, McGrady-less Rockets team would match up well against the Lakers, but the Lakers somehow proved me wrong...

BandWagon Cavs Fan

because they "werent prepared" to play against a Yao-less Rockets team, and without Yao their the Rockets are better hahahah GTFO here SON...Peace

JamStone
05-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Of course they won't be able to do that all series...but in the same token if you think the Cavs actually matchup well with the Lakers then you seriously need to put down the kool-aid

The Cavs don't match up perfectly. I'm not even saying the Cavs would win. But, to dismiss them in the way some of you Laker fans are doing is ridiculous. Talk of sweeping them or beating them in 5 is pretty arrogant for a team that hasn't shown the ability to play at that level so far in the playoffs.

Cavs will have some match-up problems against the Lakers if the two teams should meet in the Finals. But, it's not the huge match-up problem for them you make it out to be. This is also a different Cavs team. Chemistry and confidence go a long way into changing how well a team is able to play. They make three pointers and they run and they play defense. A few of the individual match-ups will be issues for them, but same goes for the Lakers. Zydrunas and Joe Smith will take one of the Laker bigs out and Mo Williams has the quickness to bother Fisher and even Farmar. The Cavs also have a lot of big bodies to throw out there. And, no, the Lakers will not stop LeBron or deny him the ball or even contain him. To think it would be an easy series for the Lakers is pretty laughable at this point based on what we've seen from the Lakers. As KG says, anything is possible, I guess. But, to think that right now is pretty silly imo.

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Well I wouldn't have thought that a Yao-less, Mutumbo-less, McGrady-less Rockets team would match up well against the Lakers, but the Lakers somehow proved me wrong...
that's a plus, as evidenced by their first playoff run in 12 years

mytespurs
05-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Interesting discussion about matchups for a finals that has already been set in the proverbial stone.....so this question is addressed to the lakers fans here:

Say the Lakers & the Magic make it to the final show and if the Magic present match up problems, the lakers, besides having HCA, will win because...........................

(this should be interesting :hat)

iggypop123
05-17-2009, 11:38 PM
The Cavs don't match up perfectly. I'm not even saying the Cavs would win. But, to dismiss them in the way some of you Laker fans are doing is ridiculous. Talk of sweeping them or beating them in 5 is pretty arrogant for a team that hasn't shown the ability to play at that level so far in the playoffs.

Cavs will have some match-up problems against the Lakers if the two teams should meet in the Finals. But, it's not the huge match-up problem for them you make it out to be. This is also a different Cavs team. Chemistry and confidence go a long way into changing how well a team is able to play. They make three pointers and they run and they play defense. A few of the individual match-ups will be issues for them, but same goes for the Lakers. Zydrunas and Joe Smith will take one of the Laker bigs out and Mo Williams has the quickness to bother Fisher and even Farmar. The Cavs also have a lot of big bodies to throw out there. And, no, the Lakers will not stop LeBron or deny him the ball or even contain him. To think it would be an easy series for the Lakers is pretty laughable at this point based on what we've seen from the Lakers. As KG says, anything is possible, I guess. But, to think that right now is pretty silly imo.

i like the matchups , by that i mean that they are relatively equal. love the fact that leborn and kobe guard each other, atleast eventually. im sure we will see west and ariza try to buy the stars some rest but it comes down to the good matchup. im suprised how much kobe can body up lebron when lebron has like .4 % body fat and all muscle.

JamStone
05-17-2009, 11:41 PM

No one on the Lakers stop LeBron. Period.

The Cavs are just as explosive offensively, and they play defense.

You want to look at individual match-ups, fine. The Cavs have a few match-up problems against the Lakers, particularly Lamar Odom and Gasol (if he actually doesn't play like a pussy). Fisher and Farmar can't guard Mo Williams. The Cavs have a lot of bodies to keep throwing out at the Lakers. It's still a team game. It's nice to talk about individual match-ups. The Celtics won three of the five individual match-ups against the Magic, and even the PF position Glen Davis offset Rashard Lewis for much of the series. But, the Magic still won the series. Individual match-ups don't always go as what is scripted on paper.

And, I'm sorry, but Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, no matter how hard they play should not be a match-up problem for Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. But, it was. It's fun to talk about match-ups. I remember fondly how NBA analysts talked about the 2004 NBA Finals "match-ups." And, how the Lakers won every position, with the possible exception of Billups/Payton.

cobbler
05-17-2009, 11:42 PM

Who has said it would be a sweep? WHo as said it would be easy. Nobody is going to stop Lebron or Kobe a whole series...but facts are facts and the Lakers contain him better than most teams. The Lakers match up better against the Cavs than they do the the Magic. I think any of the 4 teams left could win it and i believe the the Cav's to be the easiest matchup of the 3 for the Lakers.

Allanon
05-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Interesting discussion about matchups for a finals that has already been set in the proverbial stone.....so this question is addressed to the lakers fans here:

Say the Lakers & the Magic make it to the final show and if the Magic present match up problems, the lakers, besides having HCA, will win because...........................

There is no because...the only chance the Lakers have against the Magic will be HCA and the loss of Jameer Nelson

I talk alot of smack versus the Jazz/Rockets/Nuggets/Cavs but if the Lakers get the Magic, you won't hear any shit talking from me :lol

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 11:43 PM

Look, the Cavs are a good team and they've had a great season...but shit man, it'd be all fun and games for any decent team who had the luxury of playing the pistons and hawks (the pistons gave up 3 months ago). This is a Cavs team that has struggled mightily against what very well could be the two teams they must go through to win a championship. They have a lot of big bodies that are good for 6 fouls and not much else...
Let's see what the Cavs are made of this series when they'll actually be tested...then, if both them and the Lakers advance, we will pick up our conversation there, cool?

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 11:44 PM
No one on the Lakers stop LeBron. Period.

The Cavs are just as explosive offensively, and they play defense.

You want to look at individual match-ups, fine. The Cavs have a few match-up problems against the Lakers, particularly Lamar Odom and Gasol (if he actually doesn't play like a pussy). Fisher and Farmar can't guard Mo Williams. The Cavs have a lot of bodies to keep throwing out at the Lakers. It's still a team game. It's nice to talk about individual match-ups. The Celtics won three of the five individual match-ups against the Magic, and even the PF position Glen Davis offset Rashard Lewis for much of the series. But, the Magic still won the series. Individual match-ups don't always go as what is scripted on paper.

And, I'm sorry, but Luis Scola, Chuck Hayes, Carl Landry, no matter how hard they play should not be a match-up problem for Gasol, Bynum, and Odom. But, it was. It's fun to talk about match-ups. I remember fondly how NBA analysts talked about the 2004 NBA Finals "match-ups." And, how the Lakers won every position, with the possible exception of Billups/Payton.

come on man...you're better than that. :nope

cobbler
05-17-2009, 11:46 PM

I think it would be a toss up. If the Magic hit their 3's they take it. If they dont the lakers take it.

Jacko
05-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Jamstone proving again how worthless a Detroit education is.

Regular season games DO mean something. It's not as if both teams come out and have no intention of beating each other in the regular season. I would say the only times it doesn't matter is with a veteran team like the Spurs who purposefully keep their foot off the gas until the final push before the playoffs. Last I checked Lebron ain't won shit and he was fighting for HCA the whole way through so he certainly wasn't taking games off.

You keep bringing up the Rockets getting swept in the regular season by the Lakers but fail to bring up the most important point. They got swept in all 4 games WITH YAO MING PLAYING. They are a much more difficult team for LAL to defend when he's not playing and I think we can all agree the one game they won with him playing was more a fluke than a trend.

When a team facefucks you by 40pts on their home floor and stays competitive in both games against you on the road it means something. It means that team matches up relatively well with you. The playoffs ratchet up the intensity but they don't magically transform matchup issues that existed in the regular season.

mytespurs
05-17-2009, 11:51 PM
I think it would be a toss up. If the Magic hit their 3's they take it. If they dont the lakers take it.

so Orando lives and die by the 3 point shot?

Ghazi
05-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Anyone who would prefer playing the 2nd greatest player of all time without homecourt to a 3-PT shooting team w/ homecourt is an idiot.

mytespurs
05-17-2009, 11:57 PM
There is no because...the only chance the Lakers have against the Magic will be HCA and the loss of Jameer Nelson

I talk alot of smack versus the Jazz/Rockets/Nuggets/Cavs but if the Lakers get the Magic, you won't hear any shit talking from me :lol

Well, I guess the Lakers take it because Jameer Nelson is out for the year and Lakers will have HCA. :king

BUMP
05-17-2009, 11:59 PM
I'll say this much. If the Cavs make the Finals they better pray its against Denver because they have NO chance at all vs LA

Allanon
05-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Cavs Play D almost every minute of the game. No other team left in the Playoffs Plays D like them. I can't believe so many "learned" NBA guys just totally discount that MAJOR aspect of the game. Of a Match up. Of a series. Including Charles Barkley. In fact, since 1999 the winner of the NBA crown has been the team with the most conistant D-Fense.

The Magic being taken by a depleted Celtics Team to a seventh game shows a fundamental failure of their system just as it shows the Lakers having a fundamental flaw in the mixture. Yada Yada, Detroit, Blah Blah, Atlanta.... fucking guys and your "big brains"

It's not that the Cavs are not good defensively, it's that they are bad defensively where it matters most. Lakers and Magic are very much alike. Both teams have a huge frontcourt and back court.

Meanwhile, the Cavs are small outside of Big Z who is 35 years old. And to add to that failure, they have a midget back court.

How would the Cavs counter this linenup?

DHo/Batie/Turkoglu/Lewis/Alston or Bynum/Pau/Ariza/Kobe/Fisher? Both the Magic and Lakers have too much size and talent for the Cavs at their weakest areas.

Having a starting back court of 6' Mo Williams and 6'2 Delonte West will be the downfall of the Cavs this year because both are way too small to guard Rashard Lewis and Kobe Bryant.

It's not about how great the Cavs defense is, it's about the matchups and the Lakers & Magic are the worst the Cavs could get in the entire NBA.

Jeremy
05-18-2009, 01:16 AM
The Magic have no chance.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Lakers are officially the worst fans to ever set foot in a Spurstalk forum.

"Cleveland has no chance against us. They just don't matchup well."

- not 12 hours after being taken to the limit by a lottery team with a 6'6" center.

You guys make Phoenix fans look like a relatively even-keeled, realistic fanbase. I have never read such collective idiocy from any group of fans on ST to date.

Wow. If your players feel the way you do about how badly you're going to beat the Cavs, the Denver Nuggets are going to thrash the FUCK out of you.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Lakers are officially the worst fans to ever set foot in a Spurstalk forum.

"Cleveland has no chance against us. They just don't matchup well."

- not 12 hours after being taken to the limit by a lottery team with a 6'6" center.

You guys make Phoenix fans look like a relatively even-keeled, realistic fanbase. I have never read such collective idiocy from any group of fans on ST to date.

Wow. If your players feel the way you do about how badly you're going to beat the Cavs, the Denver Nuggets are going to thrash the FUCK out of you.

Don't take my word for it, have a look at a Cavaliers fan forum, it looks like it's on suicide watch with all the doom and gloom threads. You'd think the Magic had already beaten them.

They're locking up threads like crazy because people don't want to talk about the obvious mismatches. Only "positive" threads aren't getting Mod Locked there right now. :D

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Don't take my word for it, have a look at a Cavaliers forum, it looks like it's on suicide watch with all the doom and gloom threads. They're locking up threads like crazy because people don't want to talk about the obvious mismatch :D

Good to know you Lakers fans are already convinced the Nuggets aren't worth worrying about.

KidCongo
05-18-2009, 01:35 AM
It's not that the Cavs are not good defensively, it's that they are bad defensively where it matters most. Lakers and Magic are very much alike. Both teams have a huge frontcourt and back court.

Meanwhile, the Cavs are small outside of Big Z who is 35 years old. And to add to that failure, they have a midget back court.

How would the Cavs counter this linenup?

DHo/Batie/Turkoglu/Lewis/Alston or Bynum/Pau/Ariza/Kobe/Fisher? Both the Magic and Lakers have too much size and talent for the Cavs at their weakest areas.

Having a starting back court of 6' Mo Williams and 6'2 Delonte West will be the downfall of the Cavs this year because both are way too small to guard Rashard Lewis and Kobe Bryant.

It's not about how great the Cavs defense is, it's about the matchups and the Lakers & Magic are the worst the Cavs could get in the entire NBA.

Varejao is 6-11 the same height as Howard and Battie. I'd also trust that Joe Smith and Ben Wallace could handle Tony Battie.

The Magic have no one who is a legit 7 footer.

Z and the other old fellas have had plenty of rest because they have put away shitbox teams. They will be ready.

So LeBron switches over to Lewis and have Delonte guard Hedo. I'm sure that magic line-up would have numerable defensive problems.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Good to know you Lakers fans are already convinced the Nuggets aren't worth worrying about.

This is true, I don't worry about the Nuggets, Rockets were a much better matchup. Lakers blew out the Nuggets just a couple of weeks ago.

I'll gladly eat crow if the Lakers lose but I highly doubt it.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Varejao is 6-11 the same height as Howard and Battie. I'd also trust that Joe Smith and Ben Wallace could handle Tony Battie.

The Magic have no one who is a legit 7 footer.

Z and the other old fellas have had plenty of rest because they have put away shitbox teams. They will be ready.

So LeBron switches over to Lewis and have Delonte guard Hedo. I'm sure that magic line-up would have numerable defensive problems.

You want 6'10 Hedo versus 6'2 Delonte? Rashard Lewis is the problem cuz LeBron will probably get Hedo

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 01:37 AM
This is true, I don't worry about the Nuggets, Rockets were a much better matchup. Lakers blew out the Nuggets just a couple of weeks ago.

I'll gladly eat crow if the Lakers lose but I highly doubt it.

lol regular season forum

lol getting taken to 7 by a lottery team

lol Kobe sucking in crunch time again

lol Lakers

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Lakers fans are just scared. They have no one to guard Mo Williams, as the Houston series just displayed, and absolutely NO one to even think about slowing down LeBron James.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Kobe's cock is in my mouth

DHo >>>>> Big Z
Hedo >>>> Verejao
Gortat >> Joe Smith (Joe's only 225 pounds, Gortat is 6'11 240 and young)
Battie > Ben Wallace (Ben Wallace is not even 6'9...maybe with his Fro)

LeBron would have to go up against a taller and quick Rashard Lewis and tire himself out or take the bigger Hedo and let Rashard Lewis destroy Verajao.

Either Hedo or Lewis have the length and size to guard LeBron without double-teams.

Magic have a huge inside presence compared to the Cavs.

Back Court
Delonte West is 6'2, Redick is 6'4
Mo Williams is 6'0, Alston is 6'2

Again more lost size.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:02 AM
No shit and Chris Rocks Little brother Aaron fucking blazed that vaunted lakers "giant" back court the whole series... wait till they have to deal with Mo Williams or Delonte West...did you see his sick Jam against the Hawks..fuck that's a little guy...fucking tards\\

That's why the worst is over for the Lakers Neither Mo or Delonte are speed demons. They're both regular speed guards which don't give the Lakers any problems.

Lakers only get killed by the Tony Parkers and Aaron Brooks of the world; penetrating guards that are quick as hell.

Mo Williams and Delonte West are midget jumpshooters and one of 'em has to guard Kobe :lol

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:05 AM
Lakers fans are just scared. They have no one to guard Mo Williams, as the Houston series just displayed, and absolutely NO one to even think about slowing down LeBron James.

Mo Williams is a jumpshooter...if it was Tony Parker or Aaron Brooks, I'd be worried.

LeBron has no post-up game .... Trevor Ariza/Lamar & Kobe will keep him to his sub 40% shooting.

I'm rooting for the Cavs to beat the Magic cuz I sure as hell am afraid of the Magic :lol

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:08 AM
as for the "small back court" WHAAAT... Aside from kobe what back court player is a real ovensive threat.

Who is going to guard Kobe?

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Like I said I wasnt gonna change your mind... They don't need to be speed demons but they are quick enough.. Shit I posted a video...never mind continue on with you're next "trade kobe" thread in a few days..

Hahah, quick enough doesn't cut it.

Aaron Brooks is probably the fastest player in the NBA...Mo and Delonte are turtles compared to him you dumbfuck. :lol

And btw, who on the Cavs is going to guard Kobe?

baseline bum
05-18-2009, 02:12 AM
Duh, I think Magic are going to win in 6. Really the only match-up the own is Lebron-Courtney Lee and MAYBE Mo Williams-Rafer Alston. Other than that Magic owns them in everything else including bench.

LOL... that's like saying the Suns should have beaten the Spurs all those times because the only matchups the Spurs owned were Duncan over Marion and Ginobili over Bell.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-18-2009, 02:15 AM
Hahah, quick enough doesn't cut it.

Aaron Brooks is probably the fastest player in the NBA...Mo and Delonte are turtles compared to him you dumbfuck. :lol

And btw, who on the Cavs is going to guard Kobe?

Have to get their first Son, so all this is Premi, Talk about it if Lakers are up in the series 3-0 or 3-1 against the Nuggz....Peace

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Have to get their first Son, so all this is Premi, Talk about it if Lakers are up in the series 3-0 or 3-1 against the Nuggz....Peace

I agree sons. Lakers and Cavs have to get their first.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Redick

Did you seriously just list JJ Redick as a reason why the Magic are going to beat the Cavs?

Stop.

No really, stop. Most of the time you have some pretty objective takes, but this is absolutely insane. No matter what else you post, you are utter fail from this point on.

KidCongo
You want 6'10 Hedo versus 6'2 Delonte? Rashard Lewis is the problem cuz LeBron will probably get Hedo

Yes.

On Cavs-Magic.

I think the the 29 point blow-out in early April showed us that the Magic can exploit some weaknesses well. The Magic shot 48% from 3pt land whilst making 13 and shot 53% overall. The problems that were exposed were the lazy transitional defense by the Cavaliers and the Match-up problem with Rashard Lewis.

Talking starting units here. Lewis draws Varejao out to the 3pt line. This is a problem as Varejao is Cleveland best rotating big so if they Magic are passing well around double teams they can get some easy scores inside as Z is slow.

The transitional defense shouldn't be as much of a problem. I'm assuming they would have worked on this in practice the last few weeks in between rounds and that poor defense was a result of them being lazy. I don't think they will be lazy in the playoffs.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
LOL... that's like saying the Suns should have beaten the Spurs all those times because the only matchups the Spurs owned were Duncan over Marion and Ginobili over Bell.

Son tell me about it, these laker clowns are funny....lets hear what the comeback is to your post in comparing to Cavs

Allanon
Did you seriously just list JJ Redick as a reason why the Magic are going to beat the Cavs?

Stop.

No really, stop. Most of the time you have some pretty objective takes, but this is absolutely insane. No matter what else you post, you are utter fail from this point on.

Nah, I didn't want to leave him out and make it look biased conveniently leaving out a starter. He sucks.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:26 AM
Yes.

On Cavs-Magic.

I think the the 29 point blow-out in early April showed us that the Magic can exploit some weaknesses well. The Magic shot 48% from 3pt land whilst making 13 and shot 53% overall. The problems that were exposed were the lazy transitional defense by the Cavaliers and the Match-up problem with Rashard Lewis.

Talking starting units here. Lewis draws Varejao out to the 3pt line. This is a problem as Varejao is Cleveland best rotating big so if they Magic are passing well around double teams they can get some easy scores inside as Z is slow.

The transitional defense shouldn't be as much of a problem. I'm assuming they would have worked on this in practice the last few weeks in between rounds and that poor defense was a result of them being lazy. I don't think they will be lazy in the playoffs.

That's the problem right there... Rashard Lewis. He's too tall for any of the starting guards to take him and he draws out Andy. And if it's a pick and roll with Rashard, the Cavs have a problem.

This is where having such a short starting guard pair hurts the Cavs. Cavs are gonna have to sit either Delonte or Mo in favor of Pavlovic. I can't see Delonte being able to guard Rashard.

And if the Magic run as you mentioned, BigZ can't keep up with Howard. If the Magic run and don't let the Cavs get into their defense, the Cavs are not nearly as good defensively.

I'm rooting for your team to beat the Magic, but it's going to be a tough series.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Shit How come you haven't been banned yet... Are you a paraplegic or a shut in.. how it seems you go to various team boards just to illuminate the rest of the world on how pathetic a human you actully are.

You started this stupid flaming shit, fucktard, don't start crying for mommy now.

So go fuck yourself and let me fuck your mom you sad piece of shit.

KidCongo
05-18-2009, 02:38 AM
DHo >>>>> Big Z
Hedo >>>> Verejao
Gortat >> Joe Smith (Joe's only 225 pounds, Gortat is 6'11 240 and young)
Battie > Ben Wallace (Ben Wallace is not even 6'9...maybe with his Fro)

LeBron would have to go up against a taller and quick Rashard Lewis and tire himself out or take the bigger Hedo and let Rashard Lewis destroy Verajao.

Either Hedo or Lewis have the length and size to guard LeBron without double-teams.

Magic have a huge inside presence compared to the Cavs.

Back Court
Delonte West is 6'2, Redick is 6'4
Mo Williams is 6'0, Alston is 6'2

Again more lost size.

Hedo is not playing on Varejao and Varejao will not play on him. Hedo is not quick enough and he would be the one tiring himself out trying to stay in touch with LeBron. Same with Lewis. They doubled Pierce enough but they won't double LeBron?

If your are going to list the correct heights of the Magic guards, why not the Cavaliers guards?

Mo 6'1
West 6'3

KidCongo
05-18-2009, 02:41 AM
That's the problem right there... Rashard Lewis. He's too tall for any of the starting guards to take him and he draws out Andy. And if it's a pick and roll with Rashard, the Cavs have a problem.

This is where having such a short starting guard pair hurts the Cavs. Cavs are gonna have to sit either Delonte or Mo in favor of Pavlovic. I can't see Delonte being able to guard Rashard.

And if the Magic run as you mentioned, BigZ can't keep up with Howard. If the Magic run and don't let the Cavs get into their defense, the Cavs are not nearly as good defensively.

I'm rooting for your team to beat the Magic, but it's going to be a tough series.

Shard isn't a guard but. He is their starting PF.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Rashard. plays forward not Guard.. but I know you're not in our reality...

and in 3 games against the Cav these are his numbers

Against CLE 3 3 103 15-41 8-25 9-9 2 11 13 8 2 1 47

15 pts a game 4 boards... and what is that 38 % shooting and 8-25 in threes..

those are some overwhelming numbers dude... again I know it makes no impact on your sieve of a mind

You're so naive, maybe you should take some stupid medicine if they have it. Rashard doesn't have to put up 50 points for the Magic to beat the Cavs.

Rashard causes a mismatch which in turn breaks down the defense. Other players have to help on it. As a result, the Magic went up 40 on the Cavs and overall beat them 2-1 with the one loss coming on a BS call in the 4th quarter and a miracle 3 point shot.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:44 AM
Hedo is not playing on Varejao and Varejao will not play on him. Hedo is not quick enough and he would be the one tiring himself out trying to stay in touch with LeBron. Same with Lewis. They doubled Pierce enough but they won't double LeBron?

If your are going to list the correct heights of the Magic guards, why not the Cavaliers guards?

Mo 6'1
West 6'3

My bad, I was going on heights by memory. The Magic and Laker starting guards are still bigger than the Cleveland guards.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:52 AM
I saw those games... Looked like the Cavs came out flat more than anything else...

Oh so the Magic didn't win those games fair and square now, they only won because the Cavs came out flat? Pathetic excuses :lol

Now I know you didn't see the games at all... you only see Kobe cock in your mouth and his jizz in your eyes...

You're right, I didn't watch the games, I was too busy fucking your mom and cummin in her eye.

She's kind of a stupid bitch like you but she sure does love sucking my big black cock.

KidCongo
05-18-2009, 03:01 AM
My bad, I was going on heights by memory. The Magic and Laker starting guards are still bigger than the Cleveland guards.

Yes but it's not like a 6 foot 7 JJ (he was injured for 2 of the games) a 6'7 Hamilton or a 6'6 Kobe. This ia something Delonte has dealt with all season and he plays better at the 2 guard offensively aswell.

I think a game like the one @ Cleveland on March 17th will be the types we see. Close games where offensive execution will be a matter of life and death.

(The first game of the season they had Jameer and Cavs were without Z and West, the third game was obviously a blow-out.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 03:03 AM
Yes but it's not like a 6 foot 7 JJ (he was injured for 2 of the games) a 6'7 Hamilton or a 6'6 Kobe. This ia something Delonte has dealt with all season and he plays better at the 2 guard offensively aswell.

I think a game like the one @ Cleveland on March 17th will be the types we see. Close games where offensive execution will be a matter of life and death.

(The first game of the season they had Jameer and Cavs were without Z and West, the third game was obviously a blow-out.

I see your point. And I hope you are right because I do want the Cavs to win this series.

I'm willing to wait for the first couple games to see how this all unfolds.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 03:05 AM
The only thing pathetic is you... Night nigh enjoy your jack off fest... maybe one day you'll kiss a something other than The cock of Kobe...

Oh, it's not lonely when I have your mom stroking my cock. She does have soft hands and her mouth is like velvet.

I asked her if she has a problem with sucking off black men but she told me that chocolate is the best flavor.

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 03:22 AM
"Ask me again, Kenny."

"Why you never buy your woman a watch?"

"Cuz there's a clock on the stove."

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Lars
05-18-2009, 04:09 AM
Go MAGIC

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Wow a lot of Spur fans simply don't know wtf they are talking about.

The playoffs are ALL about the matchups. How well you are playing as a unit is just as important as how well you matchup with your opponent. Last year's Lakers are a perfect example, they steamrolled to the Finals playing their best basketball of the year (everyone jumped on their bandwagon because of it) only to get soundly defeated by a Celtic team that had the decisive matchup advantages.

2Cleva
05-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular season isn't end all but it does tell of trends.

Case in point LA vs Houston - yes, LA won 4-0 but every game was close, Houston having sizeable leads in the 4th for a couple. LA vs Orlando worries me because of the matchup problems they propose. LA vs Cleveland isn't the same because despite what LeBron does his team is really overmatched everywhere else. Cleveland likes to put LeBron at the 4 but can't against LA.

As for Orl-Cle - there are a lot of factors for both. One key I don't see mentioned is that its hard for Cleveland to play Joe Smith in this series. He's been a rock for their team and his presence is needed on the floor. LeBron will play a lot of 4 that increases Cleveland's scoring but the Cavs D is designed to stop penetration and concede the 3. Taking the 3 however is exactly what Orlando wants to do, so it plays into their hands.

All comes down to Lewis/Hedo - if they hit from outside, Cleveland has to play small and Howard can dominate the glass. If they aren't, Cleveland wins.

JK2
05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
But I gotta root for the Cavs because the Magic also present problems for the Lakers.Since the Lakers won't make it to the finals, that won't be a problem. :toast

Hemotivo
05-18-2009, 01:02 PM
magic are bad matchups
would not suprise me
magic in 6

exactly

hedo for hero!

ducks
05-20-2009, 10:40 PM
bumb

that is one
nice giving up the 16 point lead james BOY

Allanon
05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Good bump. :tu

It's amazing how many people thought the Cavs were just going to waltz over a team that went up 40 points on them in the regular season.

There's some matchup problems here same as the regular season...Rashard Lewis in particular and DHo vs Z too.

icem
05-20-2009, 10:48 PM
lol cavs

Amaso
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Can't really blame Lebron on this loss though, he played a great 3 quarters.

ducks
05-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Can't really blame Lebron on this loss though, he played a great 3 quarters.

game is 48 minutes not three quarters

R4R
05-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Lol, no Magic fans?

Allanon
05-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Here's a neato stat of the night I didn't know...just came across it on ESPN:

"The Magic have owned Cleveland for the past three seasons, winning seven of their 10 contests by an average of 12.5 points.

I thought it was just this year. Shit sounds like another Bobcats/Lakers situation...they just got their number for whatever reason.

ducks
05-25-2009, 12:03 AM
Here's a neato stat of the night I didn't know...just came across it on ESPN:

"The Magic have owned Cleveland for the past three seasons, winning seven of their 10 contests by an average of 12.5 points.

I thought it was just this year. Shit sounds like another Bobcats/Lakers situation...they just got their number for whatever reason.

it is called matchups

ducks
05-26-2009, 11:38 PM
barkley looking smarter all the time

Indazone
05-26-2009, 11:41 PM
The Magic are a nightmare for both the Lakers and the Cavs. Lakers match up a bit better but still, the Magic are big down low and really physical. Howard demands a double team which frees up perimeter shooters.

endrity
05-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Damn if Barkley gets this then it'll make him even louder than he already is.

iggypop123
05-27-2009, 12:33 AM
varejo guarding lewis. nightmare. odom guarding lewis. not so bad anymore

redzero
05-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Magic in six.

Finally, someone with common sense.

Spursfan092120
05-27-2009, 01:02 AM

+1

Also, drugs are a very dangerous thing!!!

:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The Cavs in 6!

+1 these clowns are crazy son. Im laughing reading all of this and they are gonna be in hiding in a shell when its gametime. Matchup problems, Regular season, Mo being an even matchup with Rafer hahahaha, Etc......PEACE

Oh man Sons I love it, Cannot wait for this series for you clowns. well see how the regular season compares.....

The Magic have no chance.

Hmmm...guess I don't need to say anything.

NewJerSpur
05-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Although the series isn't over, everything changed when the Magic didn't go away like teams usually do against the Cavs at the "Q"....especially after not shooting all that well in the 1st quarter.

ginobili's bald spot
05-27-2009, 02:34 AM
oh man sons i love it, cannot wait for this series for you clowns. Well see how the regular season compares.....

classic

JamStone
05-27-2009, 07:34 AM
I'll call myself out. I thought the Cavs would win. I'm definitely surprised.

urunobili
05-27-2009, 08:07 AM
I said Cleva in 6 :depressed

Spursfan092120
05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
I picked Orlando in 7..I may be wrong...should be over in 6.

Strike
05-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I'll call myself out. I thought the Cavs would win. I'm definitely surprised.

Almost everyone is in the same boat. Including me.

lebomb
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I said Cleveland in 6 also.......................damn, they Magic are fo real.

pauls931
05-27-2009, 01:37 PM
X factor is if the Cavs can sucker Dwight into a tech to get him booted game 6. I'm expecting some serious cheapshots/smacktalk from vagichow next game.

Thompson
05-27-2009, 02:29 PM
X factor is if the Cavs can sucker Dwight into a tech to get him booted game 6. I'm expecting some serious cheapshots/smacktalk from vagichow next game.

I know he's due to miss a game if he gets one more tech, but is he immediately ejected for the remainder of the game he's playing in? For instance, he gets a tech 5 minutes into game 5, he's out for the rest of that game in addition to the next game, or he finishes that game and then is booted for game 6?

Has the league rescinded his latest tech for that matter?

tomtom
05-27-2009, 04:35 PM

:rollin Rafer > Mo

ducks
05-30-2009, 10:33 PM
ownage

kamikazi_player
05-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I was right biatch:toast

Budkin
05-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm a Magic fan and thought the Cavs would win with the way they were killing teams. I guess they were just playing some bad teams.

Budkin
05-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I was right biatch:toast

:tu