PDA

View Full Version : barkley just dissed his teammates in the past

RsxPiimp
05-17-2009, 10:17 PM
he said he never had a pau gasol (true) andrew bynum and even a lamar odom caliber teammates.

lefty
05-17-2009, 10:17 PM
he said he never had a pau gasol (true) andrew bynum and even a lamar caliber teammates.
True

RsxPiimp
05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
True

kevin johnson>lamar odom

timvp
05-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Kobe Bryant has a supporting cast that could make the second round of the NBA playoffs without him. If he doesn't win it all this time, I can't wait for Laker Fan to pull the "supporting cast" card.

If LeBron had Kobe's cast, he would experience 75 win ecstasy.

pauls931
05-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Suns had horrendous centers when Barkley played there. But when he was a rookie, I guess he got a taste of Moses and at Houston Olajuwan. Unfortunately both way off their primes.

iggypop123
05-17-2009, 10:27 PM
i guess clyde drexler is a bad player

adidas11
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Kobe Bryant has a supporting cast that could make the second round of the NBA playoffs without him. If he doesn't win it all this time, I can't wait for Laker Fan to pull the "supporting cast" card.

Very true.

Amaso
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
i guess clyde drexler is a bad player

And Hakeem and Scottie Pippen.

ginobili's bald spot
05-17-2009, 10:31 PM
Kobe Bryant has a supporting cast that could make the second round of the NBA playoffs without him. If he doesn't win it all this time, I can't wait for Kobe Fan to pull the "supporting cast" card.

Fixed.

Findog
05-17-2009, 10:36 PM

http://laist.com/attachments/la_jimmy/lamar.jpg

scanry
05-17-2009, 10:52 PM

Didn't the Laker fans already experience that at the beginning of this season???

LakerHater
05-17-2009, 10:57 PM
He went to the finals in '93!
His team was: Charles Barkley, Dan Majerle, Kevin Johnson, Tom Chambers, Danny Ainge, Richard Dumas, Negele Knight, Oliver Miller, Mark West, Jerrod Mustaf, Frank Johnson, Tim Kempton.
Not bad, it's too bad he played the Bulls!

poop
05-17-2009, 11:00 PM

im starting to see this.

to be honest, aside from KJ i agree Barkley never had a team even close in talent to this Laker team around kobe.

LakerHater
05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
In '97 when he was with Houston, they lost to the Utah Jazz in the WCF!

His team: Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Mario Elie, Matt Maloney, Eddie Johnson, Kevin Willis, Sedale Threatt, Othella Harrington, Matt Bullard, Randy Livingston, Charles Jones.

21_Blessings
05-18-2009, 12:36 AM

Gasol is 0-12 in the playoffs without Kobe. Your post is one big fat joke. They are not beating Utah, or anyone else in the West without Kobe.

lil_penny
05-18-2009, 12:41 AM
I can honestly say that I think the suns would of made it to the playoffs before this laker team without kobe this year.

baseline bum
05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Gasol is 0-12 in the playoffs without Kobe. Your post is one big fat joke. They are not beating Utah, or anyone else in the West without Kobe.

They beat Houston today without Kobe.

GSH
05-18-2009, 12:53 AM
When Barkley went to Houston, he called out his teammates for lack of effort, too. At first it kind of annoyed me. But then I realized he was right. Scottie Pippin came there and took a vacation, while collecting a big check. I watched Barkley work his ass off, every second of every game. And it didn't matter if the Rockets were down by 20, and the rest of the team had packed it in. Barkley never took a second off until the horn sounded.

He earned the right to call those guys out. And I think he earned the right to be honest about the talent on his earlier teams, too. He damned well carried them long enough.

BTW - in Houston, Hakeem had heart problems. Drexler was way past his prime. Pippin was lazy as shit that year. Elie was a role player. Othella Harrington was young, and streaky at best. If Barkley had been on the Rockets a couple of years earlier, he would have gotten his ring.

21_Blessings
05-18-2009, 12:54 AM

You're stupid.

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 01:10 AM
LA prolly finishes 9th in the West without Kobe.

Jeremy
05-18-2009, 01:24 AM
What about his first couple seasons?

Moses averaged 25 and 13 Barkley's rookie year.

Jeremy
05-18-2009, 01:30 AM
The most talented Suns team was probably '94-'95:

Charles Barkley
Kevin Johnson
Dan Majerle
Wesley Person
A.C. Green
Danny Manning
Wayman Tisdale
Danny Ainge
"Socks" Perry
Danny Schayes
Joe Kleine
Trevor Ruffin
Richard Dumas (for part of the season)

They were incredibly stacked!

Nahtanoj
05-18-2009, 01:32 AM

The hate has blinded you, my young padawan.

endrity
05-18-2009, 05:19 AM
If Bynum would have been healthy all season, then I think the Lakers without Kobe are still a better team than the Suns. Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Ariza are a talented bunch, and yes I agree with Timvp, they could have made it even to the second round without Kobe.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2009, 07:54 AM
The most talented Suns team was probably '94-'95:

Charles Barkley
Kevin Johnson
Dan Majerle
Wesley Person
A.C. Green
Danny Manning
Wayman Tisdale
Danny Ainge
"Socks" Perry
Danny Schayes
Joe Kleine
Trevor Ruffin
Richard Dumas (for part of the season)

They were incredibly stacked!

And yet there's no great player in his prime over 6' 9" tall on the team. Barkley was exactly right. With '93-95 Barkley on the current Laker team in the place of Kobe they've swept the first two series and are up 1-0 on Denver. They also have HCA through the finals.