PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Cavaliers or Orlando Magic?

Allanon
05-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Go Cavaliers!!!!!!!!!!

http://badpussy.org/uploads/files/g2lnrdxs9sa8gjqypoy9.png

http://59fiftycap.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/lebron-james-biography-cover.jpg

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-17-2009, 10:59 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/sx2a77.jpg

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Cavs

Def Rowe
05-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Cavs in 6.

timvp
05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Only way Cavs don't win is if LeBron gets hurt.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-17-2009, 11:04 PM

that is tru son....I guess i should slow down and stop saying its Guarn-Sheed....PEACE

baseline bum
05-17-2009, 11:21 PM
Cavs in 6

Cry Havoc
05-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Cavs in 4.

Yep. I'm calling a sweep. I've seen nothing from Orlando this postseason that makes me think they'll handle the Cavs defense. Unless they catch fire, the series ends quick... it might go 5.

Allanon
05-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Cavs in 4.

That's bold.

Jacob1983
05-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Cavs in 5. I just don't think the Magic can win in Cleveland and in order for the Magic to win the series they have to win at least one game in Cleveland

timvp
05-17-2009, 11:30 PM
If Ben Wallace can be even a shell of his former self, he has the strength to keep Howard out of the paint. Howard still needs to add strength to his lower body before he's a legit championship bigman foundation.

The Magic will probably win one game due to their three-point shooting but that's about it. The Cavs are damn good defensively and trying to defend LeBron with only one bigman (who can't afford to get into foul trouble) will prove to be impossible.

mytespurs
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Cavs FINALLY get a challenge. It will be good for LeBron & Co.....to see how they hold up against good teams; how they respond when the chips are down.

If Orlando played as well as they did tonight, this should a good series. :toast

I'm starting to believe in Magic......:D

IronMexican
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Cavs in 5. I think the Magic are a worse match-up for LA, but home court would be great.

DeadlyDynasty
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
What I want: Cavs in 7
What I think will happen: Magic in 6

Cry Havoc
05-17-2009, 11:47 PM
That's bold.

The Cavs haven't even used their fifth gear yet. What is LeBron averaging in MPG for the playoffs? 27? Less? They could have won almost every game by 30 if they wanted.

They play the best defense in the NBA and they have the most unstoppable player. I'm almost sure this series doesn't go past 5, worst-case for the Cavs.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 12:06 AM
The Cavs haven't even used their fifth gear yet. What is LeBron averaging in MPG for the playoffs? 27? Less? They could have won almost every game by 30 if they wanted.

They play the best defense in the NBA and they have the most unstoppable player. I'm almost sure this series doesn't go past 5, worst-case for the Cavs.
i think Cleveland's in for a rude awakening this series. They may not lose, but they'll feel the heat before it's all said and done (a la LA-Rockets)

iggypop123
05-18-2009, 12:13 AM
cavs in 5 more likely 6. i think people will be supirsed to see the cavs shooting lights out from 3, but at the end of the day the pick and roll and drive and kick wont work. it plays into the cavs hand.

Yuushi12
05-18-2009, 12:28 AM
magic in 6.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 01:10 AM
i think Cleveland's in for a rude awakening this series. They may not lose, but they'll feel the heat before it's all said and done (a la LA-Rockets)

What the fuck are you talking about?

You're offering completely different scenarios. The Lakers have come out in 40% of their playoff games looking like a team that feels the title should be handed to them. They felt the heat from the Rockets because they're fucking LAZY on defense and don't know how to rotate properly, and they have no ability to contain quick point guards.

The Cavaliers have come out in every game not looking to win, but to absolutely lay waste to the opposition. They haven't asked questions or whined or tried to plea for the refs help. Every game (they've played one more all playoffs than the Lakers did in the last series, think about that) the moment they've stepped on the floor, they've been all business. They want to win and if you are in an opposing jersey, you are going to be crushed.

Yes, they've played some bad teams. But remember, the Hawks weren't completely awful (as in, probably as good as a crippled Rockets team), and the Cavs could have won by 25-30 every single night if they would have left their starters in. That's the kind of dominance we haven't seen since....

Since ever. No team has walked through the competition like these Cavs have. Even the 2000-01 Lakers had a few close games. Now, of course, the competition was undoubtedly better than what the Cavs have seen, but I'm willing to bet they're going to put the boot down on Orlando.

They MIGHT lose Game 1 due to being rusty, or Game 3 if the Magic get hot. Every other game in the series will be controlled by the Cavs for most of the way.

Chances are, they won't need to reach to guard Howard. Their defense is good enough that they won't have to compensate for Dwight's dominance. They'll just shut down the perimeter and let Dwight get his.

I seriously have to wonder what beating a broken down, exhausted team like the Celtics proved about Orlando's ability to run with the Cavs. They just went 7 games with the second most injured team in the playoffs, and looked atrocious at times doing it. What matchup on the floor other than Howard are the Magic going to be able to exploit? They have no one to go to for consistent scoring that the Cavs can't absolutely shut down. Anyone who gets hot, stick LeBron on him. Hedo won't even get a shot off with James in his face. Shard would (will) resort to fade-aways.

Cavs in 4. They're just too good.

Jeremy
05-18-2009, 01:15 AM
I voted Cavs in 4--but 5 may be more likely. We'll see.

Strike
05-18-2009, 01:41 AM
I'd like to see the Magic oust Cleveland, but I don't see it happening. Orlando has a good team, but the Cavs are just better.

Cavs in 5.

mytespurs
05-18-2009, 01:48 AM
I just hope this is a good series.......'cause I don't think the WCF will be.......hate to disrespect or overlook the Nuggets but.......no exciting vibes on that one.

lefty
05-18-2009, 02:04 AM
If Ben Wallace can be even a shell of his former self, he has the strength to keep Howard out of the paint. Howard still needs to add strength to his lower body before he's a legit championship bigman foundation.

The Magic will probably win one game due to their three-point shooting but that's about it. The Cavs are damn good defensively and trying to defend LeBron with only one bigman (who can't afford to get into foul trouble) will prove to be impossible.

It will be important to keep Ilgauskas out of foul trouble

gaKNOW!blee
05-18-2009, 02:38 AM
I know they gave them problems in the regular season, but the Magic just arent on the same level as the Cavs right now. Cavs are much more focused, have a true franchise player, and are clearly more motivated.

Cavs in 6.

stretch
05-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Cavs in 5, but wouldn't be suprized to see a sweep

Thunder Dan
05-18-2009, 08:36 AM
the Cavs and Lakers have come far enough. I'm just rooting for a Kobe/Lebron Finals.

I think the Magic win a game or 2, but I can't see them winning

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 08:41 AM

You're offering completely different scenarios. The Lakers have come out in 40% of their playoff games looking like a team that feels the title should be handed to them. They felt the heat from the Rockets because they're fucking LAZY on defense and don't know how to rotate properly, and they have no ability to contain quick point guards.

The Cavaliers have come out in every game not looking to win, but to absolutely lay waste to the opposition. They haven't asked questions or whined or tried to plea for the refs help. Every game (they've played one more all playoffs than the Lakers did in the last series, think about that) the moment they've stepped on the floor, they've been all business. They want to win and if you are in an opposing jersey, you are going to be crushed.

Yes, they've played some bad teams. But remember, the Hawks weren't completely awful (as in, probably as good as a crippled Rockets team), and the Cavs could have won by 25-30 every single night if they would have left their starters in. That's the kind of dominance we haven't seen since....

Since ever. No team has walked through the competition like these Cavs have. Even the 2000-01 Lakers had a few close games. Now, of course, the competition was undoubtedly better than what the Cavs have seen, but I'm willing to bet they're going to put the boot down on Orlando.

They MIGHT lose Game 1 due to being rusty, or Game 3 if the Magic get hot. Every other game in the series will be controlled by the Cavs for most of the way.

Chances are, they won't need to reach to guard Howard. Their defense is good enough that they won't have to compensate for Dwight's dominance. They'll just shut down the perimeter and let Dwight get his.

I seriously have to wonder what beating a broken down, exhausted team like the Celtics proved about Orlando's ability to run with the Cavs. They just went 7 games with the second most injured team in the playoffs, and looked atrocious at times doing it. What matchup on the floor other than Howard are the Magic going to be able to exploit? They have no one to go to for consistent scoring that the Cavs can't absolutely shut down. Anyone who gets hot, stick LeBron on him. Hedo won't even get a shot off with James in his face. Shard would (will) resort to fade-aways.

you dont even believe that shit...and if you do then kindly place a wager on it, cause I want some of that action. I really don't understand some of the people on this forum, it's like they never understood the concept of "matchups." Orlando is a bad matchup for Cleveland. Does that mean the Cavs will lose? No, there are many other intangibles such as HCA, superstars, etc. But, barring injury, there's no way in hell the Cavs win this series in less than 7

lebomb
05-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Cavs in 6

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Do you understand the concept of matchups? The Cavs ability to win by 40 against the Hawks every game means absolutely nothing.

Really? It means nothing? Okay then, my mistake. I thought it meant they are playing excellent basketball. Silly me! :rolleyes

Uhh, so whose going to guard 6'10 Hedo and 6'10 Lewis? Varajeo? Wallace? West? James can only guard one.

So your saying if James is on Hedo, he will shut down Hedo automatically and Lewis will be shut down as well due to James presence on Hedo. It will be almost zen like since James can channel his shut down abilities on two players at once. Also, if Courtney Lee shuts down Mo Williams, the Cavs will be in more trouble.

That's not what I said. I expect James to guard Lewis most of the time.

If you read the post, I said if a player gets hot, like Hedo having a good shooting day, then you can stick James on him and shut him down. Varajeo on Hedo should be fine most of the time. Hedo doesn't drive often and if he does, the Cavs rotate extremely well on defense.

you dont even believe that shit...and if you do then kindly place a wager on it, cause I want some of that action. Orlando is a bad matchup for Cleveland. Does that mean the Cavs will lose? No, there are many other intangibles such as HCA, superstars, etc. But, barring injury, there's no way in hell the Cavs win this series in less than 7

So if you're sure it's going 7, want to put money on the Cavs winning in 7? If you're so positive that it's going to take them more than 6 games, that's fine as well.

I really don't understand some of the people on this forum, it's like they never understood the concept of "matchups."

Interesting. Because I really don't understand some of the people on this forum, it's like they've never understood the concept of, "regular season doesn't mean shit".

TJastal
05-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Do you understand the concept of matchups? The Cavs ability to win by 40 against the Hawks every game means absolutely nothing.

Uhh, so whose going to guard 6'10 Hedo and 6'10 Lewis? Varajeo? Wallace? West? James can only guard one.

So your saying if James is on Hedo, he will shut down Hedo automatically and Lewis will be shut down as well due to James presence on Hedo. It will be almost zen like since James can channel his shut down abilities on two players at once. Also, if Courtney Lee shuts down Mo Williams, the Cavs will be in more trouble.

I tend to agree with this. Reddick and Courtney Lee proved they can play some great perimeter defense (on Allen and House) and I can see them limiting the West/Williams outside game.

Which in turn will put steady pressure on James to deliver most of the offense for Cleveland. If he is up to this task, the Cavs will probably win. If he cannot deliver 35+ a night I think Orlando will win the series, the Lewis/Turkoglu combo is a tough matchup for any team outside of the lakers. Either way, it should be a hard fought series, no way in bloody hell is there gonna be a sweep, either by Cavs or Magic.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Really? It means nothing? Okay then, my mistake. I thought it meant they are playing excellent basketball. Silly me! :rolleyes

That's not what I said. I expect James to guard Lewis most of the time.

If you read the post, I said if a player gets hot, like Hedo having a good shooting day, then you can stick James on him and shut him down. Varajeo on Hedo should be fine most of the time. Hedo doesn't drive often and if he does, the Cavs rotate extremely well on defense.

So if you're sure it's going 7, want to put money on the Cavs winning in 7? If you're so positive that it's going to take them more than 6 games, that's fine as well.

Interesting. Because I really don't understand some of the people on this forum, it's like they've never understood the concept of, "regular season doesn't mean shit".
No, because I'm not sure if the Cavs will even win...But we can take that part of the bet out of the picture and make it a push though if Orlando does win. If that's the case, then sure, I'll bet under one condition...that you admit that "Cavs in 4" was a bullshit prediction and that you wouldn't bet on it. I have no reservations betting on this being a 7-game series, but everybody and their mother knows you wouldn't put money on Cavs in 4.

P.S. you conveniently ignored the matchups yet again...it's blatantly obvious that you are blinded by emotion when it comes to the Cavs because you haven't made one valid argument in their defense yet. You're merely drinking the kool-aid. Please, has their frontcourt "magically" gotten better since the last time they played the Magic? Did they find an answer for Rashard Lewis? You have no idea what you're talking about

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Reddick and Courtney Lee proved they can play some great perimeter defense (on Allen and House)

:lmao

Just stop.

Redick playing defense :lmao. Ray Allen has become the streakiest shooter in the league. I could guard him right now, because he can't even hit a wide open 3.

lol Redick

No, because I'm not sure if the Cavs will even win...But we can take that part of the bet out of the picture and make it a push though if Orlando does win. If that's the case, then sure, I'll bet under one condition...that you admit that "Cavs in 4" was a bullshit prediction and that you wouldn't bet on it. I have no reservations betting on this being a 7-game series, but everybody and their mother knows you wouldn't put money on Cavs in 4

:lmao So you don't have enough faith to put money on your prediction, but you're calling me out for posting bullshit? Is said it might go 5. I see nothing to offer evidence for it going more than 5 games. Of course it might go 6 if the Cavs have a horrible game and the Magic shoot lights out in another. But I don't think either is going to happen.

:lol at you "calling me out" for not putting money up on my prediction but immediately reneging on your own.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 09:29 AM

Just stop.

Redick playing defense :lmao. Ray Allen has become the streakiest shooter in the league. I could guard him right now, because he can't even hit a wide open 3.

lol Redick

:lmao So you don't have enough faith to put money on your prediction, but you're calling me out for posting bullshit? Is said it might go 5. I see nothing to offer evidence for it going more than 5 games. Of course it might go 6 if the Cavs have a horrible game and the Magic shoot lights out in another. But I don't think either is going to happen.

:lol at you "calling me out" for not putting money up on my prediction but immediately reneging on your own.
I just said I'd bet on it...wow, are you fucking blind? Good job back-pedaling from your asinine Cavs in 4 prediction. In one post since the offer you've convinced yourself it might go 6...getting cold feet? The bet's on the table...just say, "I, Cry Havoc, was kidding about the Cavs in 4 prediction, and will gladly take your bet on Cavs in 7." This bet is only good if Cleveland wins...if Orlando wins it's a push

Budkin
05-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Cavs in 6.

manufan10
05-18-2009, 09:39 AM

I feel the same way. Lebron and the Cavs are on a mission. If the series between Boston/Orlando was any indication, then the Cavs won't have too hard of a time.

stretch
05-18-2009, 09:42 AM
You are out of your mind if you think Varajeo can guard Hedo at all.

If Hedo and Shard both go off then what? Who will stop them both? What if Dwight goes off? Big Z going to stop him?

What if Shard goes off and Pietrus goes off? Is Palvochic going to guard him? What if Lee and Hedo and Howard go off? Who will guard all 3?

Why you are thinking that the rule of the universe is only one Magic player can catch fire per game?

Lets see, who can catch fire for the Cavs.

Lebron, Mo, Deltone.

Lets see, who can catch fire for the Magic.

Hedo, Shard, Howard, Pietrus, Lee, Redick.

You are selling the Cavs defense entirely too short.

And if you are going to say Reddick can get hot, then you gotta include Gibson for the Cavs. And don't forget that Z is a good shooter too, which does wonders for that offense, in pulling the opposing big men out of the middle. Z can easily score 15-20 on jumpers alone.

You are also selling short how good Lebron is. You act as if he is just any ordinary player, when truth is, if he is hot, he is the most unstoppable player in the league, and arguably the most unstoppable player in NBA history. Yeah, I said it. If I had a choice to deal with a Jordan on fire, or Lebron on fire, I would much rather deal with Jordan. Physically, you have a better chance of containing him than Lebron.

TJastal
05-18-2009, 09:48 AM

Just stop.

lol Redick

So your going to simply chalk up Allen's mediocre shooting against the magic to just bad luck then. He was missing jumpers in about every game in the series because of his "streakiness". Riiiigghht. :rolleyes

I tend to believe there's a reason(s) when players play poorly for several games in a row other than just dumb luck or streakiness. One or 2 bad games where the shots just don't fall I can see. But Allen was misfiring all series long. Some of it I think was the fatigue from the bulls series and having to carry his team on his back for 7 grueling games.

But the other part of it was Reddick's hounding defense. If you had put your beer down long enough to actually focus on the game, you would have noticed. Reddick shadowed Allen everywhere he went and fought through screens and contested Allen's shot. That is why SVG kept him in the starting lineup throughout the series, even when Reddick was himself in an awful shooting slump. Laugh all you want, but Reddick did an admirable job keeping Allen off balance, and it defenitely affected him.

Hemotivo
05-18-2009, 09:49 AM

a vbookie maybe?

stretch
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
I am not selling Lebron short. I do love the game plan Van Gundy had last game. Have Courtney Lee at the perimeter to match Lebrons quickness, and release him to Howard if he penetrates. Not saying this can stop LBJ, but it contained him the last 2 times they played. Lee's quickness and Howards size hurt LBJ.

Yeah, I saw that game. I'd say a half-assed effort and Orlando hitting everything they threw up hurt the Cavs more than anything. Games like that happen once in a great while, and virtually never happens in the playoffs.

The Cavs are playing on a much higher level than they have all season. You can expect to see them attack the Magic in a different way than they did in that game.

InK
05-18-2009, 09:59 AM
I just hope this is a good series.......'cause I don't think the WCF will be.......hate to disrespect or overlook the Nuggets but.......no exciting vibes on that one.

Eh cmon, WCF>ECF by a mile. Cavs are gonna crush the Magic, its gonna be unwatchable after halftime with the cavs beeing up by 15+.

TJastal
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I saw that game. I'd say a half-assed effort and Orlando hitting everything they threw up hurt the Cavs more than anything. Games like that happen once in a great while, and virtually never happens in the playoffs.

The Cavs are playing on a much higher level than they have all season. You can expect to see them attack the Magic in a different way than they did in that game.

Care to elaborate on this? What, lemme guess are they going to give their fans all paintball guns to take potshots at the Magic players. :p:

What the fuck way are they suddenly going to "attack" the magic differently now? The magic we're the only team in the league that managed to beat them twice.

Here's the most recent game results and a few select excerpts between the two teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290403019

"Never in LeBron James' entire basketball life could he recall being down by more than 40 points."

"Howard had a crushing block on a layup attempt by James that brought the home fans to their feet in one seemingly collective "ooh." Howard smiled down court, and an obviously throttled James tried to return the favor but was called for goaltending on Howard's hook shot.

It got worse for Cleveland -- much worse.

A series of alley-oops, dunks and wide-open 3-pointers all seemed to connect for Orlando. And when Courtney Lee finally missed a jumper for the Magic during the spurt, Howard cleaned it up with a monstrous put-back dunk that began the chants of "M-V-P!" every time he shot free throws."

Nah, Stretch, the cavs are going to face the same team as the one they played in early April, they won't have any new ways or "attacks" or whatever the fuck you meant.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I know regular season doesn't matter, but Orlando is the only team that won the season series against Cleveland...just food for thought.

stretch
05-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Care to elaborate on this? What, lemme guess are they going to give their fans all paintball guns to take potshots at the Magic players. :p:

What the fuck way are they suddenly going to "attack" the magic differently now? The magic we're the only team in the league that managed to beat them twice.

Here's the most recent game results and a few select excerpts between the two teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290403019

"Never in LeBron James' entire basketball life could he recall being down by more than 40 points."

"Howard had a crushing block on a layup attempt by James that brought the home fans to their feet in one seemingly collective "ooh." Howard smiled down court, and an obviously throttled James tried to return the favor but was called for goaltending on Howard's hook shot.

It got worse for Cleveland -- much worse.

A series of alley-oops, dunks and wide-open 3-pointers all seemed to connect for Orlando. And when Courtney Lee finally missed a jumper for the Magic during the spurt, Howard cleaned it up with a monstrous put-back dunk that began the chants of "M-V-P!" every time he shot free throws."

Nah, Stretch, the cavs are going to face the same team as the one they played in early April, they won't have any new ways or "attacks" or whatever the fuck you meant.

lol, regular season

please stfu

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I know regular season doesn't matter, but Orlando is the only team that won the season series against Cleveland...just food for thought.

Orlando and LA...and that's who Cleveland is going to have to go through to get to the finals. That's why I love the playoffs:toast

Cleveland was 1-4 against LA and Orlando. Their one win was over Orlando at the Q by 4 points (LBJ hit a crazy 3 in the final minute and Rashard and Hedo had awful games). Their 4 losses were all by double digits. Cleveland had success against every team but these two...

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 10:39 AM
lol, regular season

please stfu

The most telling thing about that loss is that the Magic built the 40-pt lead in the 3rd quarter when the Cavs starters were on the floor:lmao

but keep telling yourself its the regular season and it doesn't matter. The Cavs went 66-16 and secured HCA throughout the playoffs. Don't tell me the regular season didn't mean something to them.:rolleyes

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Orlando and LA...and that's who Cleveland is going to have to go through to get to the finals. That's why I love the playoffs:toast

Cleveland was 1-4 against LA and Orlando. Their one win was over Orlando at the Q by 4 points (LBJ hit a crazy 3 in the final minute and Rashard and Hedo had awful games). Their 4 losses were all by double digits. Cleveland had success against every team but these two...
yep...seems the cream always rises to the top every year. These are the 4 best teams in the league right now, and they all make it. That's why 7 game series' work so perfectly. It's enough games to find out which team is the better team.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:43 AM
BELIEVE THE HYPE!! lol

remember 2007.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:44 AM
lol, regular season

please stfu

Their one win over Orlando was at the Q by 4 points (LBJ hit a crazy 3 in the final minute and Rashard and Hedo had awful games). Their 2 losses were by double digits. Cleveland had success against every team but Orlando and LA
Modified it a little bit to fit what I was saying...but...what he said.

TJastal
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
lol, regular season

please stfu

Uh, no.

I'll gladly stfu when the Cavs bounce the magic out of the playoffs in less than 6 games. I'll come eat my crow if that happens. But its not going to happen. Your feeding right into the hype that is ultimately going to doom the Cavs

Sorry my friend, but your severely underestimating the importance of matchups and regular season, which favors the magic.

Brazil
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
What I want: Cavs in 7
What I think will happen: Magic in 6

You'd prefer playing the cavs rather than Magic in the finals ?

stretch
05-18-2009, 10:54 AM
The most telling thing about that loss is that the Magic built the 40-pt lead in the 3rd quarter when the Cavs starters were on the floor:lmao

but keep telling yourself its the regular season and it doesn't matter. The Cavs went 66-16 and secured HCA throughout the playoffs. Don't tell me the regular season didn't mean something to them.:rolleyes

i didnt say it meant nothing. im just saying the playoffs are a whole different story. they play much better playoff basketball than the Magic do.

1Parker1
05-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Magic are very overrated. Yes, there win was impressive in Game 7 at Boston, but let's face it...that Boston team was running on fumes after playing about 6 OT games in their first series alone.

Magic are a jumpshooting team that plays passable defense. They are a slightly better version of the Suns of the past few years...just with bigger players. If their 3 point shot isn't going, they have a hard time getting points on the board, DHoward has shown he can be a little foul-prone, in which case they really don't have a big to replace him, and their defense has allowed MANY comeback wins from teams. Let's not forget...the Celtics almost came back from a 28 POINT DEFICIT in Game 1 against them!

Out of all the "championship" contenders in the NBA this season, the Magic were the ones that least worried me.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 11:00 AM
You'd prefer playing the cavs rather than Magic in the finals ?

It's all about matchups...we matchup great with them. Orlando would give us a lot of trouble

1Parker1
05-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh and regular season basketball and playoff basketball are two different things. If I recall, the Cavs swept the Spurs in 2007 regular season and we all know what happened in the Finals. When you play the same team for 7 straight games, it becomes a totally different game.

The only thing which may hurt the Cavs is rust...they've been off for quite some time now so their shooting may be rusty. But their defense can still keep them in check.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 11:01 AM
i didnt say it meant nothing. im just saying the playoffs are a whole different story. they play much better playoff basketball than the Magic do.

they have thus far, but the quality of opponent has been much better too. Cleveland played the Pistons (who quit 3 months ago) and the punchless Hawks.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh and regular season basketball and playoff basketball are two different things. If I recall, the Cavs swept the Spurs in 2007 regular season and we all know what happened in the Finals. When you play the same team for 7 straight games, it becomes a totally different game.

The only thing which may hurt the Cavs is rust...they've been off for quite some time now so their shooting may be rusty. But their defense can still keep them in check.

Big difference...The cavs didn't expose any weaknesses in the Spurs when they beat them...it was just a matter of Cleveland playing 2 good games and SA playing poorly. LA annihilated Cleveland's frontcourt in both meetings (one w/o Bynum). How does that magically change come playoff time? Did Z decide to hit the gym? Did Wallace become useful? Joe Smith is the only quasi-legit big man and he cant play major minutes

stretch
05-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Uh, no.

I'll gladly stfu when the Cavs bounce the magic out of the playoffs in less than 6 games. I'll come eat my crow if that happens. But its not going to happen. Your feeding right into the hype that is ultimately going to doom the Cavs

Sorry my friend, but your severely underestimating the importance of matchups and regular season, which favors the magic.

I'm not feeding into or off of any hype. This is my own personal opinion. I think the Cavs have a defense that is capable of stopping virtually any style of offense. They rebound the ball extremely well, play good team ball on both sides, and they have a great leader in Lebron. All championship teams through history have a strong versatile defense, play great team basketball on both ends, and have great leadership. That is why I believe in the Cavs.

stretch
05-18-2009, 11:14 AM
they have thus far, but the quality of opponent has been much better too. Cleveland played the Pistons (who quit 3 months ago) and the punchless Hawks.

Um, the Hawks are a pretty gritty and tough team. Keep in mind they took the Celtics to 7 last year, and are an improved team. The Cavs just did such a great job at kicking their play to another gear in the 4th quarter, that the Hawks were unable to match them.

On the other hand, the Magic had some issues with a mediocre 76ers team, and struggled against a heavily depleted Celtics team. I wouldn't exactly say that the Magic have been all that impressive in these playoffs.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Um, the Hawks are a pretty gritty and tough team. Keep in mind they took the Celtics to 7 last year, and are an improved team. The Cavs just did such a great job at kicking their play to another gear in the 4th quarter, that the Hawks were unable to match them.

On the other hand, the Magic had some issues with a mediocre 76ers team, and struggled against a heavily depleted Celtics team. I wouldn't exactly say that the Magic have been all that impressive in these playoffs.

The Celtics (even w/o KG) would crush the Hawks..didn't they sweep them this year? And just about any other team in the league would've beaten Detroit. They were so listless in that series and didn't want to be in the playoffs in the first place. The Sixers are mediocre, but they're a matchup nightmare due to the small lineups they role out there. Philly is like the turd that doesn't flush. Orlando's size (especially in the back court) is gonna pose problems for Cleveland. IMO, Cleveland has to win the first 2 games of this series or they're fucked

stretch
05-18-2009, 11:24 AM
lol insecure laker fan

:dizzy

TheNextGen
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM

oh god. waste of thread space.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
lol insecure laker fan

:dizzy

we were actually having a decent debate till you turned into child here:nope

TheNextGen
05-18-2009, 11:36 AM

come on now...eveyone knows that Stretch resorts to name calling when he knows he is getting owned.

Stretch = name calling
Drik4MVP = "Cool story, bro"
DPG = "shhhh, girl"

usually when you see those....its like they are waiving the white flag.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 11:38 AM
come on now...eveyone knows that Stretch resorts to name calling when he knows he is getting owned.

Stretch = name calling
DPG = "shhhh, girl"

:lol so true on DPG

stretch
05-18-2009, 11:43 AM

well judging by the way you constantly are obsessed with the cavs, along with 95% of the rest of the lakers fanbase, you appear to be one of those insecure fans that just pray to see lebron and the cavs fail.

Stretch = name calling
DPG = "shhhh, girl"

where was there any ownage? i see none, other than people telling me how much stock they put into the regular season.

TheNextGen
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
well judging by the way you constantly are obsessed with the cavs, along with 95% of the rest of the lakers fanbase, you appear to be one of those insecure fans that just pray to see lebron and the cavs fail.

where was there any ownage? i see none, other than people telling me how much stock they put into the regular season.

2007 Mavs. Nuff said.

que name calling.

Brazil
05-18-2009, 12:25 PM
It's all about matchups...we matchup great with them. Orlando would give us a lot of trouble

Ok so you think your best shot to win the LOB trophy is playing the cavs rather than Orlando, good to know.

IMO whatever the opponents or matchups the Magic today is a borderline semi final conference team with a great capacity to chok, a Boston healthly team would have won this serie in 4 or 5.

Cavs are potentially the kind of team that can dominate the season and the POs whatever the opponents or matchups, we will figure out soon if the lakers show more balls against Denver than Rockets.

Oh and :lmao to lakers fans saying this rockets team w/o yao and mac was a bad matchup. With a litle bit of heart and corojones the lakers should have swept the rest of this serie. No excuses.

1Parker1
05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Big difference...The cavs didn't expose any weaknesses in the Spurs when they beat them...it was just a matter of Cleveland playing 2 good games and SA playing poorly. LA annihilated Cleveland's frontcourt in both meetings (one w/o Bynum). How does that magically change come playoff time? Did Z decide to hit the gym? Did Wallace become useful? Joe Smith is the only quasi-legit big man and he cant play major minutes

Umm, no. Cavs pretty much dominated the boards against the Spurs and played great defense against them. It's not like either game was even close in the regular season.

Like I said, there's a totally different strategy in beating a team in the regular season twice, and beating them for 4 out 7 games in an playoff round.

BTW, What was the Lakers regular season record against the Celtics last season? :hat

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Cavs in 4. I think they will be crushing this too. Go CAVS!!!!

stretch
05-18-2009, 01:00 PM
2007 Mavs. Nuff said.

que name calling.

which proves my point exactly. the regular season meant nothing, as they won 67 games and looked dominant.

now im sure you are speaking of the fact that the warriors went 3-0 or something against the mavs that year (although one of the games the mavs pulled their starters). that is a case where we see how true it is that basketball is a game of matchups and adjustments. however, i dont see much proof that the Cavs are running into a bad matchup against the Magic.

JustBlaze
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Orlando in 6.

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 01:32 PM
So apparently matchups don't matter at all and it's all about how well a team is playing at the moment.

Were you people born dumb or did the doctors drop you on your heads when you first came out?

stretch
05-18-2009, 01:41 PM
So apparently matchups don't matter at all and it's all about how well a team is playing at the moment.

Were you people born dumb or did the doctors drop you on your heads when you first came out?

I bet if we had a poll of the 1992 Dream Team vs. 2009 Lakers, you would pick the Lakers to win.

resistanze
05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
"We'd rather face the Cavs than the Magic."

LMAO.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 01:48 PM
All 9 of the top West teams are better than the #4 seed in the East. But the top 3 teams in the East are better than every team not named the Lakers.

The Cavs have had it relatively easy up til now, here's where the Lakers sweep and rest up while the Cavs will rough it through 7 games.

Go Cavaliers!

jacobdrj
05-18-2009, 01:49 PM
D-How and the 3'ballers are good for a win... but Rafer will have a tough time, being Rafer, and will kill any shot the Magic have of pushing the series to 7...

TampaDude
05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Regular season doesn't mean shit.

Cavs are just way too good this year. Cavs in 6.

JustBlaze
05-18-2009, 01:52 PM
All 9 of the top West teams are better than the #4 seed in the East. But the top 3 teams in the East are better than every team not named the Lakers.

The Cavs have had it relatively easy up til now, here's where the Lakers sweep and rest up while the Cavs will rough it through 7 games.

Go Cavaliers!
What was Orlando's record against your Lakers this year? :lol

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-18-2009, 01:54 PM

Man son get it into these clowns brains.......But lets see what the excuse is the reason why Spurs won that finals and Cavs sweep the reg season......Reg season means nothing.....I wouldnt care if Cavs lost all games to Orlando this year, id still say Cavs win this in 4-5 games.......PEACE

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-18-2009, 01:55 PM

oh hahaha lol there it is.......

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
What was Orlando's record against your Lakers this year? :lol

The Lakers swept both the Cavs and the Celtics.

But the Magic swept the Lakers, that's why I want no part of them. They match up very well with the Lakers. The Magic were also 2-1 on the Cavs including one blowout. The Cavs would be doing the Lakers a favor too if they take 'em out first.

Go Cavaliers!

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 02:03 PM
You're an idiot Allanon

75 win ecstasy!!!!11

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
You're an idiot Allanon

75 win ecstasy!!!!11

You're too stupid to realize the Mavs didn't win 2006.

!!! Dallas Mavericks 2006 NBA CHamps!!!

jacobdrj
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Regular season means very little. 2006 Miami Heat had a 1 for 20+ something record against division leaders. It didn't matter.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Regular season means very little. 2006 Miami Heat had a 1 for 20+ something record against division leaders. It didn't matter.

waiting to hear the excusefor this one....ohhhhh Stern wanted Heat to take it all blah blah blah, that didnt matter....blah....PEACE

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:08 PM

It can't predict the winner because players get the wins. But it does usually tell you whether a series is going to be 4-5 games or 6-7 games.

That 40 point lead the Magic got up on the Cavs tells me this is going to be a 6-7 game series unless the Magic ends it first.

People say regular season doesn't matter but in the Playoffs, everything has followed the regular season script to the letter.

There have been no upsets and all 4 teams expected to be in the Final 4 are here...the regular season told us this.

TampaDude
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
It can't predict the winner because players get the wins. But it does usually tell you whether a series is going to be 4-5 games or 6-7 games.

That 40 point lead the Magic got up on the Cavs tells me this is going to be a 6-7 game series unless the Magic ends it first.

People say regular season doesn't matter but in the Playoffs, everything has followed the regular season script to the letter.

There have been no upsets and all 4 teams expected to be in the Final 4 are here...the regular season told us this.

Okay...but after watching the first two rounds of the playoffs, one thing is clear: the Lakers are good, but they are not THAT good. They'll probably get by Denver, but I don't see them winning the title this year, I just don't. The East will take it.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 02:12 PM
I'll be bumping this thread when the Cavs win in 4 or 5.

jacobdrj
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
waiting to hear the excusefor this one....ohhhhh Stern wanted Heat to take it all blah blah blah, that didnt matter....blah....PEACE

I wasn't criticizing, I was just pointing out that these guys didn't come together until the playoffs.

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Okay...but after watching the first two rounds of the playoffs, one thing is clear: the Lakers are good, but they are not THAT good. They'll probably get by Denver, but I don't see them winning the title this year, I just don't. The East will take it.

That's cool.

I personally think the Lakers will do the same as they did in the regular season. The Lakers this year are particularly good at two things:

1) Playing with as little effort as possible
2) Getting up for the big game

The Cavs are known for two things this year:

1) Losing to elite teams
2) Beating the hell out of everybody else

The Lakers team will be the first team in like forever that breaks the "they can't just turn it on and off" mold. These Lakers often turn it off but also know when they have to turn it on.

TampaDude
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
That's cool.

I personally think the Lakers will do the same as they did in the regular season. The Lakers this year are particularly good at two things:

1) Playing with as little effort as possible
2) Getting up for the big game

The Cavs are known for two things this year:

1) Losing to elite teams
2) Beating the hell out of everybody else

The Lakers team will be the first team in like forever that breaks the "they can't just turn it on and off" mold. These Lakers often turn it off but also know when they have to turn it on.

The only thing I have to say to that is...CAVS IN 6. :hat

Allanon
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
The only thing I have to say to that is...CAVS IN 6. :hat

I'll leave you with one last thought since you hate the Lakers so much...

The Lakers will be the first team ever to half-ass their way to a Championship Ring. They won't deserve it but with their extreme talent, there's nobody that can stop them from getting it. Like Kenny Smith said, "It's hard to root for a team like that; but that won't change the fact that they're winning the title."

:toast ... I'm also rooting for the Cavs in this series....

Go CAVS!

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I wasn't criticizing, I was just pointing out that these guys didn't come together until the playoffs.

yea i knw and im with you on that, i just wanna see what these guys have to say to make it not apply towards the cavs

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I love how people keep saying the regular season doesn't matter.

All series thus far have turned out how we would have expected them to as far as the winners go.

j.dizzle
05-18-2009, 03:00 PM

All series thus far have turned out how we would have expected them to as far as the winners go.

:lol That makes me laugh too..Big deal if a few series' from the past were different in the regluar season & then the playoffs..The other freakin 98% of em usually end up like everyone thought they would. If a team clearly outplays another team in the regular season, they might not sweep them in the playoffs but they"ll most likely win that series

sook
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
I GUARANTEE YOU

That the magic will win this. People don't realize that NBA is all about Matchups, not who the better team is. I was saying the same thing about The Rockets-Lakers. Don't let reg season records cloud your judgement even though the Magic won that too. But Orlando is a VERY good defensive team, almost as good as the early playoff rockets team with Yao/Artest/Battier. You'll see some important defensive tactics on Lebron. In reality all the have to do is clog the paint.

iggypop123
05-18-2009, 05:06 PM
we got ourselves a first guarantee

Thunder Dan
05-18-2009, 05:39 PM
I GUARANTEE YOU

That the magic will win this. People don't realize that NBA is all about Matchups, not who the better team is. I was saying the same thing about The Rockets-Lakers. Don't let reg season records cloud your judgement even though the Magic won that too. But Orlando is a VERY good defensive team, almost as good as the early playoff rockets team with Yao/Artest/Battier. You'll see some important defensive tactics on Lebron. In reality all the have to do is clog the paint.

don't let your wet dreams cloud your judgment

Allanon
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Sook's guarantee doesn't sound so crazy after all.

I toldja guys the Cavs would have their hands full with the Magic. That would be crazy if the Cavs end up the ones getting swept.

Real bad matchup for the Cavs, as usual, they have no answer for Rashard Lewis.

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Hmm..I picked Magic in 7 about a week ago...could be interesting..

sook
05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Sook's guarantee doesn't sound so crazy after all.

I toldja guys the Cavs would have their hands full with the Magic. That would be crazy if the Cavs end up the ones getting swept.

Real bad matchup for the Cavs, as usual, they have no answer for Rashard Lewis.

Thanks. And the reason I made that judgement call was b.c even though they are great defensively, they don't guard the 3 ball too well and Dwight is too quick for their players. He had like 4 easy alley oop dunks alone.

With the calls going cleveland's way today...things don't look too good for them.

sook
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM
I was wrong about the Lebron thing though, I meant to say, "Clog the paint and hope he misses his jumpers." Man couldn't miss today

JamStone
05-20-2009, 10:35 PM

Not that the regular season doesn't matter. Of course the regular season matters. But the regular season doesn't automatically determine what will happen in the playoffs. There's a difference. If the regular season dictated how the playoffs would unfold, the Cavs would have won game 1 because based on the regular season, they are about as unbeatable as a team can get playing at home. Tonight actually helps show that the regular season isn't an end all, be all gauge of what will happen in the playoffs.

TJastal
05-21-2009, 02:36 AM

:rollin

TJastal
05-21-2009, 02:38 AM

TJastal
05-21-2009, 02:41 AM
which proves my point exactly. the regular season meant nothing, as they won 67 games and looked dominant.

now im sure you are speaking of the fact that the warriors went 3-0 or something against the mavs that year (although one of the games the mavs pulled their starters). that is a case where we see how true it is that basketball is a game of matchups and adjustments. however, i dont see much proof that the Cavs are running into a bad matchup against the Magic.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Fixed.

redzero
05-21-2009, 04:55 AM
Cavs in 4.

Yep. I'm calling a sweep. I've seen nothing from Orlando this postseason that makes me think they'll handle the Cavs defense. Unless they catch fire, the series ends quick... it might go 5.

It's not too late for the Cavs to sweep in 5. There's still hope.

Bukefal
05-21-2009, 05:42 AM
I was wrong :( Too bad for the loss. But im confident, Cavs in 6 should do it then. Go Cavs!

TJastal
05-21-2009, 07:31 AM
I was wrong :( Too bad for the loss. But im confident, Cavs in 6 should do it then. Go Cavs!

If the cavs cannot beat the magic after that giftwrapped game the officials handed them on a platter I really don't think they can win the series.

That was about as bad as I've ever seen 1 sided officiating in my entire life.

Jace
05-21-2009, 08:48 AM
I actually think the Magic pull off the upset and somehow take down the greatest athlete in the history of mankind

stretch
05-21-2009, 08:52 AM

whats funny is the fact that the Cavs played very mediocre basketball and missed a shitload of wide open shots, while the Magic couldn't miss, and the Magic still needed a last second 3 to win the game.

cavs clearly looked rusty. expect a complete domination in game 2. cavs in 5, which was my original pick.

stretch
05-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I actually think the Magic pull off the upset and somehow take down the greatest athlete in the history of mankind

that honor actually belongs to Bo Jackson

KSeal
05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
If the cavs cannot beat the magic after that giftwrapped game the officials handed them on a platter I really don't think they can win the series.

That was about as bad as I've ever seen 1 sided officiating in my entire life.

Did you just start watching the NBA last night? Come on now, it wasn't THAT bad, game 6 of the 2002 WCF was much worse then tonight. But you're right there were some definite one sided calls, LBJ got at least 5 pretty bad calls to go in his favor but you know what, he's the best player in the game and the best player is going to get the calls, it's just the way it is. It should just be expected at this point.

redzero
05-21-2009, 08:58 AM
whats funny is the fact that the Cavs played very mediocre basketball and missed a shitload of wide open shots, while the Magic couldn't miss, and the Magic still needed a last second 3 to win the game.

cavs clearly looked rusty. expect a complete domination in game 2. cavs in 5, which was my original pick.

That had nothing to do with being rusty. Stop using that lame excuse. The Cavs were dominating the Magic, but the latter proved to be the better team.

stretch
05-21-2009, 09:02 AM
That had nothing to do with being rusty. Stop using that lame excuse. The Cavs were dominating the Magic, but the latter proved to be the better team.

Yes, the Magic's porus defense proved to be the reason why the Cavs players were missing WIDE OPEN jumpshots. :rolleyes

TJastal
05-21-2009, 09:02 AM
that honor actually belongs to Bo Jackson

:lol

Bo Jackson, cmon lol

TJastal
05-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Did you just start watching the NBA last night? Come on now, it wasn't THAT bad, game 6 of the 2002 WCF was much worse then tonight. But you're right there were some definite one sided calls, LBJ got at least 5 pretty bad calls to go in his favor but you know what, he's the best player in the game and the best player is going to get the calls, it's just the way it is. It should just be expected at this point.

I been watching the NBA going on 30 years.

Yah, I expect James to get his share of calls.. and he very well did last night and then some.

What I didn't expect were all the shitty calls that went against Howard and other magic players. It was a relentless barrage in the 1st half of horrible calls and no-calls that should have been calls. I will document them all later when I get more time. =)

stretch
05-21-2009, 09:07 AM

Bo Jackson, cmon lol

you must be about 13 years old and not know what the fuck you are talking about.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 09:11 AM
I been watching the NBA going on 30 years.

Yah, I expect James to get his share of calls.. and he very well did last night and then some.

What I didn't expect were all the shitty calls that went against Howard and other magic players. It was a relentless barrage in the 1st half of horrible calls and no-calls that should have been calls. I will document them all later when I get more time. =)

I totally agree it was quite one sided but I can remember many games that were far more one sided then this one (I've watched a lot of Laker games over the years :lol). The last foul on Howard, and the one on the LBJ spin move were as Barkley said after the game, just turrible, along with the LBJ hack of Howard that lead to that LBJ dunk on the other end, ugh...

pauls931
05-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Next game will be telling. Orlando can affort to lose it, cleveland can't. The big question is, can Lebron endure carrying these guys through a potential 6 or 7 game series? I'm now convinced he needs help. Cleveland to me is looking like the phoenix suns of old. They can surprise you in the regular season, but you can adjust and beat them in the playoffs (sorry, phily and atlanta were scrub squads). Let Lebron get his 50 and shut down the role players.

Allanon
05-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Nothing surprising at all. Sure the Cavs were dominant in the regular season but they didn't dominate the Magic at all.

When a team drops 40 on you in the regular season, you know you got problems playing them in the post season.

So much for "regular season doesn't matter" :D

TJastal
05-21-2009, 09:31 AM
I totally agree it was quite one sided but I can remember many games that were far more one sided then this one (I've watched a lot of Laker games over the years :lol). The last foul on Howard, and the one on the LBJ spin move were as Barkley said after the game, just turrible, along with the LBJ hack of Howard that lead to that LBJ dunk on the other end, ugh...

I have watched countless laker games as well, and I cannot remember any game that was so totally one sided even for the lalkers... the magic just took one blow after another after another... and just kept coming back. It was like watching Rocky for the first time fighting against Apollo Creed, is what it felt like. :toast

I would have to say this was the guttiest comeback win by an underdog ever. Sure, some teams have come back from bigger deficits, but did they have to withstand an endless barrage of one sided officiating at the same time? I think not.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
I would have to say this was the guttiest comeback win by an underdog ever. Sure, some teams have come back from bigger deficits, but did they have to withstand an endless barrage of one sided officiating at the same time? I think not.

I can agree on the comeback, you're playing in a place where really only one team has beaten them all year, they had a crushing shot against them at the half and down 15, LBJ was having the game of his life, and they still come all the way back and hit the big shots and the big stops and won. Very impressive for sure. I thought when they were only down by 4 in the forth that LBJ would come back in and the Cavs would win by 10+ easily, but to my enjoyment that didn't become reality.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Yes, the Magic's porus defense proved to be the reason why the Cavs players were missing WIDE OPEN jumpshots. :rolleyes

So Stretch, what happened to Cavs in 4, or after the game one loss, Cavs in 5, where you at?!?!?! Care to show up and defend your biased bullshit?

Manufan909
05-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Uh, no.

:toast to this guy, and all the others who believed in Orlando before this series started. I know I can't prove I thought the Magic would be up after the first 3 games, but I'm not suprised.

And it's hilarious for timvp to be so wrong about this, even he has limits when it comes to going with the flow(aka hype).:lmao

Manufan909
05-25-2009, 03:24 AM

redzero
05-25-2009, 03:27 AM
Look at all these people who fell for the Cavalier hype machine. The regular season mattered a whole lot.

IronMexican
05-25-2009, 03:31 AM
That's why you shouldn't pass off you're opinion like it's fact, like CH did.

stretch said this Cavs team could beat the 01 Lakers.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 03:33 AM
Look at all these people who fell for the Cavalier hype machine. The regular season mattered a whole lot.

I think people just kept over looking who they had played in the playoffs. The Pistons and Hawks would have barely won 30 games if they played in the West yet everyone kept ignoring it and just praised the Cavs for how dominant they were in the first two rounds. Now that they're finally playing a true playoffs team it is tough, just like it's supposed to be.

KSeal
05-25-2009, 03:35 AM
stretch said this Cavs team could beat the 01 Lakers.

:rollin Please tell me he didn't say that.

redzero
05-25-2009, 03:37 AM
I think people just kept over looking who they had played in the playoffs. The Pistons and Hawks would have barely won 30 games if they played in the West yet everyone kept ignoring it and just praised the Cavs for how dominant they were in the first two rounds. Now that they're finally playing a true playoffs team it is tough, just like it's supposed to be.

Exactly. The Cavaliers are the same as they were last year. I didn't believe in them the entire season, even though ESPN and Cleveland fans thought they were destined for the Finals. Anybody who stopped and thought about it for a second, would have chosen the Magic over the Cavaliers.

ginobili's bald spot
05-25-2009, 03:51 AM

KSeal
05-25-2009, 03:53 AM
What's pretty amazing about Orlando is how many heartbreaking loses they've had this post season yet they've bounced back from every one and either won the next game or went on to win the series. Game one vs. the 76ers they blew a 18 point lead and Iggy beat them on a buzzer beater to steal HCA, then the next round in game 4 vs. Boston Glenn Davis of all people burned them on a buzzer beater and they blew a 14 point lead with 6 minutes to play in the next game and still went on to win game 7 in Boston, and now with Cleveland LBJ rips their hearts out on that buzzer beater in game 2 and they bounce right back and win game 3 to go up 2-1. That is an extremely mentally tough team. If I was Denver or LA I would be a little worried about what will happen in the finals if they were get there.

redzero
05-25-2009, 04:36 AM
The Magic don't even care about losing on buzzer beaters anymore. Van Gundy wasn't surprised at all when LeBron hit that game winner. "What else is new?"

Bukefal
05-25-2009, 05:01 AM
I think they still can do it. Get back tomorrow and get the series afterwards. Go cavs, it would be really a shame for this team, all season long being on fire, and now leaving the playoffs to orlando, so easily.

KidCongo
05-25-2009, 05:22 AM
I think they still can do it. Get back tomorrow and get the series afterwards. Go cavs, it would be really a shame for this team, all season long being on fire, and now leaving the playoffs to orlando, so easily.

Amen. We need some supporters like you right now on this board.

Lebron4MVP
05-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Please stop avoiding the flaws in our team. Mo Williams isnt a legit #2 guy in the postseason. The Cavs bench is garbage. The Cavs have 1 superstar surrounded by spot up jump shooters. You act like it is so easy for the Cavs to fix these problems. Please stop with the unrealistic bs support. This team has major issues and it isnt going to get fixed overnight.

IronMexican
05-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Let's see if the Cavs can win today.

TheMACHINE
05-27-2009, 12:58 PM
LOL...look at the first page...all the fucktards who chose the Cavs are now whining about how the Cavs have no talent. Funny why they would choose a "no talent" team to win the series.

Trainwreck2100
05-27-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm gonna say orlando in 5 or 6

dirk4mvp
05-27-2009, 01:05 PM
LOL...look at the first page...all the fucktards who chose the Cavs are now whining about how the Cavs have no talent. Funny why they would choose a "no talent" team to win the series.

It's a better argument than laker fan getting butthurt in the other thread when posters said the Lakers had the most talented team left.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 12:19 AM
Way to show how overrated this Cavs team is Orlando. The beginning of this thread is hilarious.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 12:22 AM
You knew this thread was coming back, just probably not for the reason is has been ressurected.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 12:22 AM

LMAO, they couldn't even win with him averaging 40, 8, 8.

200 miles
05-31-2009, 12:23 AM
One giant down, another to go.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 12:26 AM
One giant down, another to go.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit, the Magic are INSANELY good. Lakers have their hands full.

09 Cavs, the most overrated TEAM in NBA history. LBJ is amazing but their team is a complete joke.

ginobili's bald spot
05-31-2009, 12:30 AM

:lol What a dumb fuck.

Manufan909
05-31-2009, 01:15 PM

Damn, I've been gone too long. Timvp, please tell me you were posting under the influence.:lmao:downspin::lmao:downspin::lmao:down spin::lmao:lol

Manufan909
05-31-2009, 01:23 PM
I want sook back in this bitch, he's my hero of this thread. And shame on all the Spurs fans who went for Cleveland. The Magic are the true mirror of SA. One dominant big-Tim/Dwight, one super clutch-Manu/Hedo(why could'nt he be that in silver and black!?!), one stopper-Bowen/Pietrus. Go Howard, you immature motherfucker!!!!! That beats a super arrogant prick(Kobe/Lebron) anyday!!!