PDA

View Full Version : Firefox "Not Responding"

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Why does it do this shit? It pisses me off. FF will freeze for about 5-15 seconds every time if comes up, but then it works normally. Anyone ever get this and learn to fix it? It just started happening to my laptop again.

Blue Jew
05-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Sometimes if firefox is already running in the background that happens.

hit Ctrl+Alt+Del then go to task manager and then hit the processes tab.
Kill the firefox.exe and then open firefox. again.

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Not it.

koriwhat
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
cause firefox sucks! well i'm not of the "i love ff" clan... sorry but my easy solution would be to just try another browser worth a damn without all the hype that one gets. i've had more problems with ff on both osx and winOS then i have with safari. just cause i have a mac doesn't mean i am suggesting safari(i use camino on my mac) but i have had the displeasure of using ff on both platforms and would rather use safari. i hear chrome is worth a damn on winOS so you might wanna check that out.

leemajors
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
dump your cache, cookies, all private data. run cc cleaner, including a registry sweep.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
cause firefox sucks! well i'm not of the "i love ff" clan... sorry but my easy solution would be to just try another browser worth a damn without all the hype that one gets. i've had more problems with ff on both osx and winOS then i have with safari. just cause i have a mac doesn't mean i am suggesting safari(i use camino on my mac) but i have had the displeasure of using ff on both platforms and would rather use safari. i hear chrome is worth a damn on winOS so you might wanna check that out.

Yes. Firefox is the only browser ever invented with inherent defects in it's design.

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
No other browser will load for me besides FF and Chrome. And Chrome runs SLOOOW.

I did the CC thing, and it still isn't working. deleted my cache, cookies, saved passwords, etc... to no avail.

mouse
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Download this and give me a screen shot.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/download/58170ee6e58bba306c943f5b6d745c99/

here is what I have running.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/hyjack.jpg

yours may look like this......

http://atyourserv.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/portable-hijackthis2.gif

do like I do check all the boxes and re-boot.

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I have no idea what I am doing

balli
05-18-2009, 02:46 PM
If you're going to go to the trouble of installing anti-trojan/malware, etc, you might as well just uninstall and re-install FF. If you don't have a bunch of add ons and customization BS that you'll have to re-do, it'll take maybe 5 minutes.

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Did that. I uninstalled 3.0. reinstalled 2.0, uninstalled 2.0, and reinstalled 3.0.

Dex
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Buy a Mac.

:stirpot:

mouse
05-18-2009, 02:57 PM
I have no idea what I am doing

Two basic reasons will keep you from a working browser, a virus or your wifi / dsl is disabled.

I would do a system restore a week before you started having this problem.

here is how you do it.

mU5yqvye57E

koriwhat
05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Buy a Mac.

:stirpot:

i'll help you stir that up... :toast

koriwhat
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Yes. Firefox is the only browser ever invented with inherent defects in it's design.

again... assumptions of what i think/say. always the same with ya.

ps: fuck firefox!

koriwhat
05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
mouse... when did trendmicrosys buy out the hijackthis program? i never knew they did... weird.

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Alright. I am going to restore to Thursday

mouse
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
mouse... when did trendmicrosys buy out the hijackthis program? i never knew they did... weird.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=125

These guys do that shit all the time it fucks up the average user at times. Like the AVG people bought the Ewido rights. Kinda like when HP and Compaq merged it was hard to get drivers until they got there shit together.

Most merges don't work that good like when WOAI merged with Spursreport it fucked up the system.

koriwhat
05-18-2009, 03:23 PM
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=125

These guys do that shit all the time it fucks up the average user at times. Like the AVG people bought the Ewido rights. Kinda like when HP and Compaq merged it was hard to get drivers until they got there shit together.

Most merges don't work that good like when WOAI merged with Spursreport it fucked up the system.

dude i didnt even know woai was spursreport... wow!

anyhow i hear ya about mergers. i just can't believe, well i can i guess $$$, that hijackthis people would sell the rights to trendmicrosys.

anyhow thanks for the link and info.

mouse
05-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Remember when Nissan bought Datsun? my Chevy luv truck was fucked Autozone didn't have any parts.

I always thought Chevy was American made.

mouse
05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
dude i didnt even know woai was spursreport... wow!

Dude go to the way back machine that has all the old topics from the www

The WOAI merge with SpursReport was classic. Everyone Kori and LJ included would post at SR and talked bad about the WOAI folks. The WOAI folks talked bad about the SR folks. Then mHarmon decided to get all of SR traffic since WOAI had only 3 posters in there chat room during the games and SR had around 75 posters in the chat room. I told them to have a Huge GTG where SR posters can meet the WOAI posters then they will get along online.

But they didn't and all hell broke lose and Kori said fuck all the Drama and created ST!

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks, mouse. No problems so far.

koriwhat
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Dude go to the way back machine that has all the old topics from the www

The WOAI merge with SpursReport was classic. Everyone Kori and LJ included would post at SR and talked bad about the WOAI folks. The WOAI folks talked bad about the SR folks. Then mHarmon decided to get all of SR traffic since WOAI had only 3 posters in there chat room during the games and SR had around 75 posters in the chat room. I told them to have a Huge GTG where SR posters can meet the WOAI posters then they will get along online.

But they didn't and all hell broke lose and Kori said fuck all the Drama and created ST!

haha! i guess i gotta do some searching cause that sounds pretty damn funny.

Blue Jew
05-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks, mouse. No problems so far.

I don't think you mentioned if you have XP or vista or what virus protection you use.

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Vista(piece of shit, it is.) And I think we use Kaspersky or something like that.

step up to the mike
05-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Did you use Hijack or system restore?

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
System Restore. I went all the way back to the 7th, and now it runs smooth. I think it's all this gay ass Sims shit my brother downloads.

step up to the mike
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Create a new user so all his Sims shit will still be there and you can log on with your own shit.

arial
05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Did you upgrade to 3.0.10? 3.0.9 has a bug that cause FF to stop responding.