PDA

View Full Version : Should Mavs trade Dirk?

Basketballgirl25
05-18-2009, 07:21 AM
Yes, Mav fans will think this is a stupid thread, but just asking what you think.

I've heard some Mav fans and people who aren't Mav fans say to blow to team up and trade Dirk. No I don't think they should do that this offseason that's just stupid(even if I hate that team with a passion), but next season if the Mavs aren't a top team I think they should look into trying to move him if they can. I mean he isn't getting any younger and if there was a chance he was going to walk I'd say it would be better to get something for him, what do you all think?

Shank
05-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Stupid thread.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Dirk should walk in order to give himself a chance at a championship.
But it's not going to happen because Mark loves Dirk, and I feel Dirk wants to correspond that love. Unfortunately, it probably seals the deal for him as far as winning it all goes.

endrity
05-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Basketballgirl has shown her stupidity many times. Mavs fans, just ignore her!

DaDakota
05-18-2009, 08:12 AM
We will trade Tmac for him..

:)

DD

stretch
05-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Yes, Mav fans will think this is a stupid thread, but just asking what you think.

I've heard some Mav fans and people who aren't Mav fans say to blow to team up and trade Dirk. No I don't think they should do that this offseason that's just stupid(even if I hate that team with a passion), but next season if the Mavs aren't a top team I think they should look into trying to move him if they can. I mean he isn't getting any younger and if there was a chance he was going to walk I'd say it would be better to get something for him, what do you all think?

They aren't far off from being a contender. They should give it at least one more go, and try to get a couple different pieces around him. However, if the Lebron-Takeover happens as i predict, then they need to blow it up pretty quickly before Dirk gets too old, and they can get more trade value out of him.

Basketballgirl25
05-18-2009, 08:27 AM
They aren't far off from being a contender. They should give it at least one more go, and try to get a couple different pieces around him. However, if the Lebron-Takeover happens as i predict, then they need to blow it up pretty quickly before Dirk gets too old, and they can get more trade value out of him.

I agree with all this, I was just wondering what Mav fans thought, I mean heck if Mavs have a chance of getting Lebron they should trade Dirk. Other then that I don't think they should trade Dirk now, but if they can't put players around him that give them chance to win then trading Dirk might work better. Of course I don't think any of this will happen till after the 2010 draft, and by any of this I meaning the trading Dirk

Basketballgirl25
05-18-2009, 08:32 AM
We will trade Tmac for him..

:)

DD

that's worse then that Devin Harris trade and that was pretty bad considering the two Draft picks, great for Nets because we got Ryan Anderson though and him and Brook and funny together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45GYY3CqaI

samikeyp
05-18-2009, 08:36 AM
If Dallas can make themselves better by doing so, yes. But to do that you would have to get equal or better value and that would be nearly impossible.

sribb43
05-18-2009, 08:43 AM
If Dallas can make themselves better by doing so, yes. But to do that you would have to get equal or better value and that would be nearly impossible.

If we trade Dirk we become the T-Wolves, Kings, etc....no thanks

Basketballgirl25
05-18-2009, 09:42 AM
If we trade Dirk we become the T-Wolves, Kings, etc....no thanks

well Mavs, might become T-Wolves or Kings at one point, all teams do. Boston was then they made smart moves and won it all last year

sribb43
05-18-2009, 10:02 AM
well Mavs, might become T-Wolves or Kings at one point, all teams do. Boston was then they made smart moves and won it all last year

yes but they didnt trade away their best player, they kept pierce and put new pieces around him

Rogue
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
yes but they didnt trade away their best player, they kept pierce and put new pieces around him
Losing Al Jefferson is a regret though. KG hasn't brought the Celtics anything but a championship, maybe Bostons fans are just satisfied with a championship rather than a dynasty. If the Celtics had kept Al Jefferson, it's expectable the Celtics would keep their dominance in the east for many more years. After winning the ring last season, KG seems pretty relaxed with the games, he will maybe retire from NBA after his contract expires. I would rather keep a consistent power in the league than trade those good years for a championship, so I'm content with the current Mavs, though these boys in blue still have many work to do.

Basketballgirl25
05-18-2009, 11:16 AM

yeah true they didn't trade the best player away, but they did have some younger players to trade for the pieces to put around Pierce, which I don't think the Mavs can do with Dirk as well as Celtics did with Pierce.

Strike
05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
The only reason Cuban should trade Nowitzki would be if he asked for a trade to a contender. For what Dirk's done for that franchise, it would be the least Cuban could do.

But Dirk probably won't do that. I admire the man's loyalty to the team and the organization.

BlackSwordsMan
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
every mavs player who wants a chance at a ring should join the spurs before duncan retires

manufan10
05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
The Mavericks would look completely ridiculous if they trade away their best player. The Mavs can pick up a few pieces and reload, but if they trade away Dirk they don't really stand a chance. It'd have to be a pretty sweet deal, and something that's of equal value for Cuban to even think about trading him away.

Brazil
05-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Bonner/JVG/Udoka/Finley for Dirk. We have a deal ?

JustBlaze
05-18-2009, 12:47 PM
We'll give you KMart and a filler, that way, he and Cuban can air out their differences 1 on 1.:lol

Basketballgirl25
05-18-2009, 12:51 PM
We'll give you KMart and a filler, that way, he and Cuban can air out their differences 1 on 1.:lol

that's be something to see at least it would make the mavs funny to watch, right now they are so boring to watch

jag
05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Dirk is an absolute beast...i think the rest of the team (other than kid and Barea) should be traded so that Dirk could actually be surounded by players who give a damn.

JustBlaze
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
that's be something to see at least it would make the mavs funny to watch, right now they are so boring to watch
I can see KMart strangling him the minute they meet or Cuban laced with bodyguards around him at all times like some secret service shit. :lol

jack sommerset
05-18-2009, 01:11 PM
2010 is right around the corner and the FA's are going to be everywhere and unless the Mavs do something stupid they will want to try to match Dirk up with another stud. Alot of teams are getting ready for that years run at FA's .Right now they are still a playoff team. The new Mavs coach is pretty freaken good. J-Ho seems to be playing better towards end of the season. Maybe he can teach that guy a thing or two.

stretch
05-18-2009, 01:11 PM
i bet cuban would whoop kmart

he works out

ducks
05-18-2009, 01:22 PM
dirk for amare
both play no d

ducks
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
i bet cuban would whoop kmart

he works out
he works out whores he pays

monoslyab1k
05-18-2009, 01:23 PM
We should've traded him for Shaq years ago, but homer Mavs fans deny that this deal was ever on the table.

Then we should've traded him for Kobe, but homer Mavs fans say LA never offered

Then we should've traded him for KG after the bullshit that was the 2007 playoffs, but homer Mavs fans don't like toughness and defense, they like fadeaway jumpers and 2-13 elimination game performances.

Now we should just blow this shit the fuck up and trade him for a young player with potential, like Anthony Randolph.

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 01:33 PM
No they should not, this is just silly.

Maybe if there is no improvement after next year it needs to be strongly considered.

LakeShow
05-18-2009, 01:34 PM
The Mavs have to get good players around him. :rolleyes cuban has spent millions trying to find the right combination for Dirkie. He has had plenty of talent around him over the years.

What the Mavs need is a superstar and Dirk can be the Paul Gasol of the Mavs. Thats the only way the mavs can win a title. Continue to make Dirk the primary focus of the Mavs and it will be no titles for the Mavs. Book it!

ElNono
05-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Losing Al Jefferson is a regret though. KG hasn't brought the Celtics anything but a championship, maybe Bostons fans are just satisfied with a championship rather than a dynasty.

Isn't that the point though? I don't think Dirk and Cuban at this point are looking into building a dynasty. I think they would be more than happy with a championship.

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
AS if Al Jefferson is ever gonna be a part of a dynasty :lol

JustBlaze
05-18-2009, 01:48 PM
He's not going to win a ring in Dallas, so yes.

Thompson
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Bonner/JVG/Udoka/Finley for Dirk. We have a deal ?

I didn't know we owned Jeff Van Gundy's rights. Our team just got younger. :depressed

Brazil
05-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Jacque Vaughn

Basketballgirl25
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM

If LA did offer that Mavs were dumb not to do it.

Kobe is better then Dirk anyday:toast

iggypop123
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
We should've traded him for Shaq years ago, but homer Mavs fans deny that this deal was ever on the table.

Then we should've traded him for KG after the bullshit that was the 2007 playoffs, but homer Mavs fans don't like toughness and defense, they like fadeaway jumpers and 2-13 elimination game performances.

Now we should just blow this shit the fuck up and trade him for a young player with potential, like Anthony Randolph.

lakers said conversations would only start with a trade that had kobe for dirk, howard. if it was any less dont even call

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Dirk/Howard for Kobe wouldn't even be a good deal for the Mavs.

Ghazi
01-18-2013, 02:33 AM

Oh

monosylab1k
01-18-2013, 03:08 AM
The prophecy hasn't changed. We here at the Church Of Randolph have not waivered in our faith. The promised one will arise, it is always darkest before the dawn.

Jordanobili2320
01-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Losing Al Jefferson is a regret though. KG hasn't brought the Celtics anything but a championship, maybe Bostons fans are just satisfied with a championship rather than a dynasty. If the Celtics had kept Al Jefferson, it's expectable the Celtics would keep their dominance in the east for many more years. After winning the ring last season, KG seems pretty relaxed with the games, he will maybe retire from NBA after his contract expires. I would rather keep a consistent power in the league than trade those good years for a championship, so I'm content with the current Mavs, though these boys in blue still have many work to do.

LOL Did you just say KG hasn't brought them anything but a championship? As if a championship is something to scoff at...Please....:bang

Clipper Nation
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
:lmao