PDA

View Full Version : Francisco Garcia

Mr. Body
03-27-2005, 01:53 AM
Anybody have thoughts on this Louisville standout? Hopefully we can talk about prospective draft picks here.

I note on a lot of Mock Draft boards, he's projected late first round, early second, though I'm not sure what his plans are.

He's listed as a Junior, 6'7" and at 190 pounds, very slight. But he's proven to be a leader, to be tough, to seriously care about winning, and have a great range of skills. His averages this year have been 15.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, and 3.9 apg. He's from the Bronx and is a Spanish speaker, coming from the Dominican Republic.

My suspicion is that he'll be moving up the draft, since the Cardinals just made the Final Four and he'll play a part in how far they go.

But I can't help but think of him as a potentially perfect backup to Bowen as a Small Forward who could take on some ball-handling duties.

Thoughts?

TMSKILZ
03-27-2005, 04:26 AM
We don't have picks this yr, we traded them away over the past 2 seasons via trades.

Mr. Body
03-27-2005, 04:44 AM
No, I believe we kept one and gave one from next year.

cqsallie
03-27-2005, 04:49 AM
Anybody have thoughts on this Louisville standout? Hopefully we can talk about prospective draft picks here. Thoughts?

You bet I have thoughts about Garcia! Today was one of the most excruciating days of the NCAA championship. Two games that could have gone either way.

Garcia is going to put his hat in the ring, but the chances that the Spurs will pick up that hat are remote in the extreme. Damn! The Spurs are just too good to get the picks. Garcia will go to some lowly, bottom-feeding team, until such time as his agent can wheel and deal him onto a contending team.

I'd love to see him here in SA, but the chances are woeful... :depressed

timvp
03-27-2005, 05:52 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/0/06/Dominican_republic_flag_medium.png

We rule baseball.

On to basketball.

:smokin

boutons
03-27-2005, 07:13 AM
LJ, are you a Dominican Republican? :)