PDA

View Full Version : Now I know why Spur fan hates the Lakers so much...

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 04:34 PM
You're threatened.

You know if the Lakers win it all this season they will steal the Team of The Decade crown from the Spurs and the media will largely forget what the Spurs have done in this decade.

You try and rationalize this by saying it's because of Kobe and Laker fans, but the reality is there are far more arrogant and annoying players than Kobe and there are far worse fans than Laker fans. Hell you are openly rooting for a guy who has a tattoo of "CHOSEN 1" on his back, how much more arrogant can you get than that?

Aackam's razor. The simplest explanation is often the right answer. You hate the Lakers because you are scared of what their success will mean to your team's legacy.

resistanze
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Stop it BUMP.

FaithInOne
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Yet you come to a small market team like Spurstalk and continue to talk shit and defend your golden boys :lmao

ffadicted
05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Lakers > Cavs in terms of who I like more

I doubt a laker title will change the perception of the spurs in the past decade any more then their old age and lack of success this year has.

arial
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4281/attention20whore3lm9.jpg

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Threatened?! :lmao No, we just hate your arrogant team, and your arrogant fan base who think they are the gods on this planet. Thats why we hate the lakers so much. Have a look at yourselves, your players, especially KOBE, and your fans, than it will all be cleared up to you, why. And of course, this was all increased with the rivalry in our previous playoffs meetings, but thats a small portion and aside, because almost every fan who isnt a laker fan, dislikes the lakers.

Dr House
05-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Yet you come to a small market team like Spurstalk and continue to talk shit and defend your golden boys :lmao

We get it. You're butthurt.

Doesn't change the fact that your best run in franchise history was STILL overshadowed by Laker dominance. The funny thing is that when we win the title this year, everybody will forget about anything the Spurs have done this decade.

But then again, I cant blame you. If I was constantly being curbstomped by one team over and over i'd probably be butthurt too.

TheProfessor
05-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Aackam's razor.
Is that like Occam's razor? You'll have to explain what that is some time. But according to Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is that the Lakers' fanbase is constituted in large part of bandwagoning douchebags like yourself who embarrass themselves every time they open their mouths. You provide evidence of such with each post you make.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-18-2009, 04:41 PM
We hate the Lakers because as soon as they get a whiff of success the start breeding fuckhead fans by the truck full. Lakers fan are the sports equivalent of crabs.

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
You keep saying Laker fans are bandwagoners but the reality is your own fanbase can't even sell out playoff games anymore. How much more bandwagon can you get?

Red Hawk #21
05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Wake up, no one apart from Lakers fans like the lakers...

resistanze
05-18-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.gif-picture.com/C/cockroach/gif-pict-cockroach-3.gifhttp://www.gif-picture.com/C/cockroach/gif-pict-cockroach-3.gifhttp://www.gif-picture.com/C/cockroach/gif-pict-cockroach-3.gif

DPG21920
05-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Bic's Razor.

BlackSwordsMan
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
drhouse got it
he's on to us

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Threatened?! :lmao No, we just hate your arrogant team, and your arrogant fan base who think they are the gods on this planet. Thats why we hate the lakers so much. Have a look at yourselves, your players, especially KOBE, and your fans, than it will all be cleared up to you, why. And of course, this was all increased with the rivalry in our previous playoffs meetings.

not gods, just demi-gods:p:

ElNono
05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Why even entertain this frontrunning bandwagon douche that didn't even had the balls to show up after his team got their asses handed to them by a depleted Rockets team?
Not to mention he's so insecure he has to keep ragging on the Spurs because his team has not given him anything to brag about in over 7 years.

Red Hawk #21
05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
lol 50% of threads are started by you..... and absolutely nothing intersting in them.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
You keep saying Laker fans are bandwagoners but the reality is your own fanbase can't even sell out playoff games anymore. How much more bandwagon can you get?

He said YOU are a bandwagoner. He's spot on.

DPG21920
05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
He is just stealing my material. I said the Lakers are on the same level as the Spurs: Behind Boston.

I said there is no second place, your franchise either has the most titles or you are nothing. Then I said the only period of time the Lakers actually out performed the Celtics will go down as the Spurs era, so his team loses twice. It is quite pathetic to see him fail like this.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 04:48 PM

exactly, but your hatred for LA keeps you and every other fanbase just as riveted by the Lakers every move.

DPG21920
05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Lakers fans created Lakersground
Spurs fans created SpursTalk

Which is better?

DAF86
05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
You're threatened.

You know if the Lakers win it all this season they will steal the Team of The Decade crown from the Spurs and the media will largely forget what the Spurs have done in this decade.

You try and rationalize this by saying it's because of Kobe and Laker fans, but the reality is there are far more arrogant and annoying players than Kobe and there are far worse fans than Laker fans. Hell you are openly rooting for a guy who has a tattoo of "CHOSEN 1" on his back, how much more arrogant can you get than that?

Aackam's razor. The simplest explanation is often the right answer. You hate the Lakers because you are scared of what their success will mean to your team's legacy.

Hey, look who's back!

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 04:51 PM

exactly

johnsmith
05-18-2009, 04:53 PM
You're threatened.

So backwards logic and creative thinking is what passes as "simplest explanation" these days?

Everyone outside of Laker fans hate the Lakers and it doesn't stem from being threatened it stems from Phil being an arrogant, whacked out fuck. Kobe, raping white women and trying to act like someone he'll NEVER EVER be (Jordan). Gasol, for being a Euro Trash douche bag and coming to the team in a fucked up deal. That long haired, cry baby, faggot Vujacic. And finally the general dislike that most Americans have of that Hollywood infested, overly polluted, homoerotic city known as LA.

That's why no one likes them. And Aackam's razor, your thread is fucking retarded, and therefore, so are you.

Red Hawk #21
05-18-2009, 04:55 PM
exactly, but your hatred for LA keeps you and every other fanbase just as riveted by the Lakers every move.

Me personally I didn't have anything against the Lakers- Until the Gasol trade. That trade was cheating in my book. Which is why I hope the Lakers get eliminated soon!

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
So backwards logic and creative thinking is what passes as "simplest explanation" these days?

Everyone outside of Laker fans hate the Lakers and it doesn't stem from being threatened it stems from Phil being an arrogant, whacked out fuck. Kobe, raping white women and trying to act like someone he'll NEVER EVER be (Jordan). Gasol, for being a Euro Trash douche bag and coming to the team in a fucked up deal. That long haired, cry baby, faggot Vujacic. And finally the general dislike that most Americans have of that Hollywood infested, overly polluted, homoerotic city known as LA.

That's why no one likes them. And Aackam's razor, your thread is fucking retarded, and therefore, so are you.

that and the fact they've had 2 non-playoff seasons since 1975.

The Green-eyed monster is out tonight!:hat

JamStone
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
You Lakers fans should all get together and have the moderators of this LakersTalk forum ban all the Spurs fans/haters. That will show them. How dare they come to your forum like this and hate on your team.

LakerHater
05-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Is that like Occam's razor? You'll have to explain what that is some time. But according to Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is that the Lakers' fanbase is constituted in large part of bandwagoning douchebags like yourself who embarrass themselves every time they open their mouths. You provide evidence of such with each post you make.

Which is soooooo true cuz we never heard anything from flaker fan from game 6 till after game 7!!

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 05:00 PM
You Lakers fans should all get together and have the moderators of this LakersTalk forum ban all the Spurs fans/haters. That will show them. How dare they come to your forum like this and hate on your team.

Hell no...they are gluttons for punishment and great entertainment:toast

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Judging by the venom in the responses I can see I've struck a nerve here.

DPG21920
05-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Judging by the venom in the responses I can see I've struck a nerve here.

That is what happens when you use a Bic's Razor.

Red Hawk #21
05-18-2009, 05:39 PM
You're threatened.

Lol at house once again, your on Spurstalk for god's sake. Key word- Spurs, you're on a rival team's board and you're getting butthurt that the fans there hate you. DrHouse how foolish are you?

Brazil
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
So House let's imagine you're right why all the other nba fanbases hate the lakers so much ? I gonna help you. LA is more about fashion and hollywood entertainment than BB, Kobe is by far more arrogant than lebroon even with Choosen 1 stuff, * titles, bandwagon arrogant dumbass fans are the most obvious reasons but for the spurs you're right it's just the decade thing.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 05:50 PM
So House let's imagine you're right why all the other nba fanbases hate the lakers so much ? I gonna help you. LA is more about fashion and hollywood entertainment than BB, Kobe is by far more arrogant than lebroon even with Choosen 1 stuff, * titles, bandwagon arrogant dumbass fans are the most obvious reasons but for the spurs you're right it's just the decade thing.

You responding to the OP validates Dr. H's argument

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Kobe is no more arrogant than MJ was/is or any other superstar before him. Having the audacity to put a tattoo on your back saying "CHOSEN ONE" and self-declaring yourself the leader of the Olympic team is FAR more arrogant than anything Kobe has done. Yet, you ignore this.

You simply hate Kobe because of how he can affect your franchise's legacy.

sonic21
05-18-2009, 05:57 PM
If kobe was on any other team, you wouldn't like him too.

DAF86
05-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Kobe is no more arrogant than MJ was/is or any other superstar before him. Having the audacity to put a tattoo on your back saying "CHOSEN ONE" and self-declaring yourself the leader of the Olympic team is FAR more arrogant than anything Kobe has done. Yet, you ignore this.

You have Hawks, Pistons, Mavs, etc fans saying that they all hate the Lakers. Are they also worried about the Spurs' legacy?

ChumpDumper
Now we know why DrHouse posts here.

He's threatened.

resistanze
That is what happens when you use a Bic's Razor.

:lmao

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
You have Hawks, Pistons, Mavs, etc fans saying that they all hate the Lakers. Are they also worried about the Spurs' legacy?

no, that's just good ol' fashioned jealousy:toast

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Hawks, Pistons, and Mavs fans don't hate on the Lakers with anywhere near the intensity of Spur fan.

sonic21
05-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Hawks, Pistons, and Mavs fans don't hate on the Lakers with anywhere near the intensity of Spur fan.

most spurs fans hate the jazz and the mavs more than the lakers.

Brazil
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
^^IMO the choosen 1 story it's just a lack of maturity. On the field I didn't see him (at least not at the Kobe level) acting like an ass making balls dancing, blaming his teammates for the losses, acting like Pau was a rookie... but you're right it can affect franchise's legacy.

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 06:05 PM
^^IMO the choosen 1 story it's just a lack of maturity. On the field I didn't see him (at least not at the Kobe level) acting like an ass making balls dancing, blaming his teammates for the losses, acting like Pau was a rookie... but you're right it can affect franchise's legacy.

You don't play basketball on a field unless you're a dumbass foreigner which apparently you are.

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 06:11 PM
You don't play basketball on a field unless you're a dumbass foreigner which apparently you are.

Ok, is this necessary? WTF is ur problem? Is it a problem that he is a foreigner? drop the hate against foreigners, are you medieval?

Btw, do you realise that you and your ancestors were foreigners too? Unless you are native american of course..

Brazil
05-18-2009, 06:13 PM
^ I like the battlefield idea for BB but for the lakers you're right too soft for a battlefield.

Would you explain to me the "dumbass foreigner which apparently you are" ? Im a dumbass because I'm foreigner or just the fact I'm not fluent = I'm a dumbass ? Now you can see why the legacy story has nothing to do with the lakers hate.

BTW welcome back it's good to see you again.

05-18-2009, 06:15 PM
i wonder how many trolls would disappear if drhouse was ip banned.

rayray2k8
05-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Wow, this many people actually replied??
The laker hate is great, only because of their annoying fans.
Certain fans are excluded because their willing to compromise, but the
rest are completely ignorant. Act like their team is the greatest, but fail
to acknowledge what boston did and had ALL their titles won there and
nowhere else.
Laker fans count all the championships, even those that were won in Minnesota. :rolleyes

Morg1411
05-18-2009, 06:21 PM

Hi, House. Way to show your pussy face now that the Lakers won their series.

The Lakers so-called overshadowing of the Spurs legacy is largely irrelevant to anyone but yourself. I think it's funny as hell how much you obsess over this. Eventually, if you post enough about it, perhaps you'll give the topic relevancy.

In the meantime, go fuck yourself.

DAF86
05-18-2009, 06:25 PM

You think that 'cause you post 24/7 on a Spurs board, do the same in any other team's board and you'll see that everybody has the same amount of hate for the Lakers.

DrHouse
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
:lmao BOS won the majority of their titles in the 60's when there was no salary cap and about 10 teams in the league.

Since the introduction of the salary cap they have 6 titles. The Lakers have 9.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Wow, this many people actually replied??
The laker hate is great, only because of their annoying fans.
Certain fans are excluded because their willing to compromise, but the
rest are completely ignorant. Act like their team is the greatest, but fail
to acknowledge what boston did and had ALL their titles won there and
nowhere else.
Laker fans count all the championships, even those that were won in Minnesota. :rolleyes

Count them or not, we're still #2 by a lot over #3 (Chicago I think). I have no problem acknowledging Boston. They are the most successful NBA franchise and one that has regrettably owned my team over the years. That being said, the Lakers have been and currently are markedly better than every other team not named the Celtics. All fanbases have annoying fans and to deny that is just plain ignorant. True, our fans are a part of the hatred...but it's the success that gets the most venom from fans. The Lakeshow is viewed as an evil empire, much like the Dallas Cowboys or New York Yankees because they are always competitive.

LakerHater
05-18-2009, 06:28 PM
BTW welcome back it's good to see you again.

Hi, House. Way to show your pussy face now that the Lakers won their series.

The Lakers so-called overshadowing of the Spurs legacy is largely irrelevant to anyone but yourself. I think it's funny as hell how much you obsess over this. Eventually, if you post enough about it, perhaps you'll give the topic relevancy.

In the meantime, go fuck yourself.
:lmao

mytespurs
05-18-2009, 06:30 PM
why bother to argue? he's doing it to get a reaction.....just agree with everything he says until he has nothing to spew about.

spursfan09
05-18-2009, 06:34 PM
No fans like you make it easier to root against the Lakers.

The Spurs legacy is set in stone. They are in the history books. Hurts dont it?

Oh and last I checked the team of the decade haven't had thier asses handed to them the last two times they went to the NBA finals.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I always take particular enjoyment from Kobe continuing to prove that he's closer to being Allen Iverson than he is to being Michael Jordan. He was a great second chair on the Laker teams of the early aughts, but that puts him in the conversation with guys like Manu or McHale.

lefty
05-18-2009, 06:39 PM
You're threatened.

:lmao :rollin :donkey

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 07:03 PM
You're threatened.

Yes...and our last decade with having the greatest record of any team in any sport, winning 4 titles in 10 years, and dominating is going to be overshadowed by a team this that still hasn't won a title in 7 years and missed the playoffs once. :lmao You just made my day. Thanks... :)

E20
05-18-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm starting to hate Gasol now. I didn't know if he was like this on the Grizz. But now he has that arrogant/stupid look on his face all the time. He fucking YELLS after every possible thing that could happen. I mean even if the ref blows a whistle he will yell that stupid yell even if he is on the bench. It's annoying. Cavs in 4.

Dr House
05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
The NBA is really like Darwin's theory.

Survival of the fittest. The Lakers are like the Grizzly bear while the Spurs, Mavs, Bobcats are like the dandelions in the meadow.

Or you could just call us big brother instead, the way we have toyed with you guys and broken your hearts over the years and now we are taking away the only thing you guys have left to hold on to. Team of the decade.

God that must suck. I would say I know how it feels, but i'm not a fan of a team that is vastly inferior to another.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
The NBA is really like Darwin's theory.

Survival of the fittest. The Lakers are like the Grizzly bear while the Spurs, Mavs, Bobcats are like the dandelions in the meadow.

Or you could just call us big brother instead, the way we have toyed with you guys and broken your hearts over the years and now we are taking away the only thing you guys have left to hold on to. Team of the decade.

God that must suck. I would say I know how it feels, but i'm not a fan of a team that is vastly inferior to another.

I don't know about you, but I've never seen a grizzly bear standing in the middle of the meadow screaming for the dandelions to respect him.

DeadlyDynasty
05-18-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't know about you, but I've never seen a grizzly bear standing in the middle of the meadow screaming for the dandelions to respect him.

I have, on two hits of acid...and it was glorious
:downspin:

Jacko
05-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I think any time you have fans of opposing teams who have broken each other's hearts the way the Spurs/Lakers have in this decade you will have natural tension. Although it does appear that Spur fans on this site take it to another level that simply doesn't exist in Laker land. Probably because we're so narcissicistic :)

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 08:38 PM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/06/10/sports/10horry.1.600.jpg

Kills me that your sig is a picture from that totaly fixed WCF against a team that had you over matched and outplayed ....Game six and 4 were gifts from the commissioner to sustain your "dominance' Yet even with that video game cheat

the next YEar it was

B3n6qGHl8Xw

The only years in the NBA that weren't fixed were 1999, 2003, 2005, and 2007.

The Lakers never win a title without Samaki Walker:rollin

TheProfessor
05-18-2009, 09:27 PM
I think any time you have fans of opposing teams who have broken each other's hearts the way the Spurs/Lakers have in this decade you will have natural tension. Although it does appear that Spur fans on this site take it to another level that simply doesn't exist in Laker land. Probably because we're so narcissicistic :)
:lol :toast

Cry Havoc
05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
The NBA is really like a bump troll.

ehz33satx
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM

The San Antonio Spurs will go down as the only team ever to make Kobe CRY!
Get over yourself Dr. House. Your Lakers have not won a Larry O'Brien trophy since 92'. How that makes them team of the decade, I don't know.

Jacko
05-18-2009, 09:59 PM
The San Antonio Spurs will go down as the only team ever to make Kobe CRY!
Get over yourself Dr. House. Your Lakers have not won a Larry O'Brien trophy since 92'. How that makes them team of the decade, I don't know.

You probably meant '02, but if we're going to play that game the Spurs haven't won shit since '07. See how lame that is?

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:01 PM
You probably meant '02, but if we're going to play that game the Spurs haven't won shit since '07. See how lame that is?
Not near as lame as a fan of a team starting a thread to say that the team who won in '07 is envious of the team who won in '02.

Jacko
05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Not near as lame as a fan of a team starting a thread to say that the team who won in '07 is envious of the team who won in '02.

Envious is the wrong word. I think obsessed is a better one. You have to admit your fanbase is rather fixated on what the Lakers are doing at every moment. Jumping onto each and every team that faces the Lakers bandwagon. It's rather pathetic IMHO.

When my team loses I don't give two shits what happens with other teams.

cornbread
05-18-2009, 10:50 PM
The obsession continues...

Ice009
05-18-2009, 11:02 PM

I wasn't a fan of Kobe before you guys got Gasol and that was the reason you got back to being a Championship contender. So in other words you guys sucked before you got Gasol and had no chance of winning team of the decade until all those trades at which point I still didn't like Kobe when you sucked.

Come back when you got something other than WEAK ASS PATHETIC TAKES.

sexinthatsx
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Well well well... if it isn't the faggot that left spurstalk after game four and six of the houston series mysteriously just to reappear and talk shit again. If you can dish it, you have to take it son. Don't pussy out and leave the forum after trolling

KSeal
05-18-2009, 11:28 PM
I wasn't a fan of Kobe before you guys got Gasol and that was the reason you got back to being a Championship contender. So in other words you guys sucked before you got Gasol and had no chance of winning team of the decade until all those trades at which point I still didn't like Kobe when you sucked.

Come back when you got something other than WEAK ASS PATHETIC TAKES.

Well it's more then just Gasol, drafting players like Luke, Sasha, Jordan, Turiaf, and Bynum while making great trades and getting guys like Ariza and Pau are what got us up to contending again, just like every other team. Every single team in the league knew Gasol was up for trade for over a year and nobody could give the Grizz what they wanted which was expiring contracts. That deal was strictly a salary dump and suffering with Kwame for as long as the Lakers did was worth getting a great player like Gasol. How do you think the Celtics won the championship last year, trades. I understand the bias and hate towards the Lakers and that will never change so this whole argument is truly worthless but the Grizzles were clearly looking for one thing the entire time and that was expiring contracts and that's what the Lakers had so they got him. That's how the business works, like it or not the Lakers got what no other team could get done so they reek the benefits, it's as simple as that.

DPG21920
05-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Every single team in the league knew Gasol was up for trade for over a year and nobody could give the Grizz what they wanted which was expiring contracts. That deal was strictly a salary dump and suffering with Kwame for as long as the Lakers did was worth getting a great player like Gasol.

Wow.

TheProfessor
05-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Well it's more then just Gasol, drafting players like Luke, Sasha, Jordan, Turiaf, and Bynum while making great trades and getting guys like Ariza and Pau are what got us up to contending again, just like every other team. Every single team in the league knew Gasol was up for trade for over a year and nobody could give the Grizz what they wanted which was expiring contracts. That deal was strictly a salary dump and suffering with Kwame for as long as the Lakers did was worth getting a great player like Gasol. How do you think the Celtics won the championship last year, trades. I understand the bias and hate towards the Lakers and that will never change so this whole argument is truly worthless but the Grizzles were clearly looking for one thing the entire time and that was expiring contracts and that's what the Lakers had so they got him. That's how the business works, like it or not the Lakers got what no other team could get done so they reek the benefits, it's as simple as that.
Funny, I hear Laker fans shitting all over Luke, Sasha, and Farmar, and they certainly started to on Bynum this post-season. And if you think no one in the NBA could have provided expiring contracts for Gasol, you're clueless.

Jacko
05-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Obviously the Lakers weren't going to contend without elite talent around Kobe.

That isn't and should not be news to anybody. The fact that you bring it up like it's some sort of revelation is rather funny. You need superstar talent to win championships. Part of being a great GM is knowing how/when to take advantage of other stupid GM's.

Did anyone cry foul when the Warriors stole Baron Davis from the Hornets for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis? Did anyone cry foul when Detroit snagged Rasheed Wallace for peanuts? No, and you know why.....because they didn't go to the Lakers. The most hated team in basketball because they are just so damn consistently good.

DPG21920
05-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Shhhhh, girl.

KSeal
05-18-2009, 11:43 PM
Funny, I hear Laker fans shitting all over Luke, Sasha, and Farmar, and they certainly started to on Bynum this post-season. And if you think no one in the NBA could have provided expiring contracts for Gasol, you're clueless.

They've had their up and downs but my point is that they're part of the Lakers team and contribute and help them win. It isn't just king soft that turned us into a contender. Then why didn't the Grizzles GM take the Bulls deal? Or any other deal? Because West wanted to help the Lakers become a contender again just like Mchale, brilliant..

ElNono
05-18-2009, 11:45 PM
The most hated team in basketball because they are just so damn consistently good.

You mean like the 04-05, 05-06 and 06-07 Lakers? :lmao

KSeal
05-18-2009, 11:46 PM

For the talent those teams had other then Kobe, those teams were insanely good. They should have never even made the playoffs once.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 11:48 PM
For the talent those teams had other then Kobe, those teams were insanely good. They should have never even made the playoffs once.

The West was actually not that good then.

Jacko
05-19-2009, 12:44 AM

The Lakers hold records for having (at the end of the 2007–08 season (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_NBA_season)) the most wins (2,905), the highest winning percentage (61.5%), the most NBA Finals appearances (29), the second fewest non-playoff seasons with five (San Antonio Spurs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs) has four), and the second-most NBA championships with 14, behind the Boston Celtics' 17.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers#cite_note-ballref-2) They also hold the record for compiling the longest consecutive win streak (33) in U.S. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_in_the_United_States) professional team sports (also an NBA record (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_longest_wi nning_streaks)) in the 1971–72 season.[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers#cite_note-3) 14 Hall of Famers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_Hall_of_Fame) have played for the Lakers, while four Hall of Famer (John Kundla, Bill Sharman, Pat Riley and Phil Jackson) have coached the team. Four Lakers (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant) have won the NBA Most Valuable Player (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Most_Valuable_Player_Award) award[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers#cite_note-4) for a total of 8 awards.

Try again moron.

holcs50
05-19-2009, 12:48 AM
house what are you talking about? Because lebron has chosen1 tattooed doesn't make him as whiny and arrogant as kobe. Kobe is constantly bitching, ever damn call some stupid look, hands out, jawing, he overreacts towards everything (drama QUEEN). And I'm not even going to go into his LONG history of acting like a dick to his teammates and the me, me, me mentality.

Lebron on the other hand-tattoo or not-conducts himself completely differently. He is all about his teammates, rarely bitches, goes out plays, and has a good time. Plus you can tell in his interviews he's actually answering sincerely and not fake smiling/laughing and BSing like kobe does in every interview.

To sum it up Kobe is a douchebag, lebron conducts himself more like MJ... with class. Get over it.

All of that being said of course i dont want the lakers to win for the team of the decade thing...but trust me there's a hell of a lot more reasons besides that also.

KidCongo
05-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Obsessed with the Spurs and Cavs. Another reference to LeBron James.

redzero
05-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Spurs and Lakers have bandwagoning douchebag fans from all over the world. The only real difference is the fact that Spurs fans aren't that big of Tim Duncan nuthuggers, compared to Lakers fans in regards to Kobe Bryant.

MarHill
05-19-2009, 07:40 AM
We get it. You're butthurt.

Doesn't change the fact that your best run in franchise history was STILL overshadowed by Laker dominance. The funny thing is that when we win the title this year, everybody will forget about anything the Spurs have done this decade.

But then again, I cant blame you. If I was constantly being curbstomped by one team over and over i'd probably be butthurt too.

Now, Dr House you are flat out wrong.

I understand you are trying to be provocative with your post towards Spurs fans.

But let's have some perspective...please!

The Spurs have 4 championships in 10 years and the most winningest record in that span. It will not be forgotten.

I know of the Lakers' success and deservedly so. But, when Tim Duncan decides to retire...he will go down as one of the greatest big men to ever play the game and those 4 championships (possibly one more) will be remembered.

And the Lakers fans like you or ESPN or other sports media can't take it away from the Spurs.

I like debating you.....but please have respect for your opponents and respect their accomplishments as well.

:flag:

redzero
05-19-2009, 08:18 AM
lol BUMP

Chieflion
05-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Who cares about the Lakers. This thread is a waste of bandwidth.

Ice009
05-19-2009, 09:59 AM

This post is just as pathetic as your friend's post.

1. You got Bynum cause you sucked and didn't make the playoffs.

2. You are only a Championship contender because of the bullshit Gasol trade. Don't go telling us that you were the only team that could offer expiring contracts.

3. Don't go telling us about scrubs like Walton and Sasha. If you didn't get Gasol in that trade you would not have finished first in the West last season. You probably would have ended up playing Phoenix again in round 1 and gotten knocked out ;).

I'll just leave it at that because I don't know what else to say to you guys. If the Spurs got Gasol last season for Matt Bonner and other scrubs you'd be crying about it all day.

I just find it funny that you mention drafting scrubs like Sasha and Luke Walton as being these great moves. You got handed Gasol. You didn't earn anything or work hard to build that team. That team was about to fall apart with all of Kobe's crying and the throwing of his teammates to the curb. Ariza was the only good trade I will give you credit for to help towards making the team more legit. He was a player I wanted the Spurs to get and still do.

Extra Stout
05-19-2009, 11:31 AM
When the Lakers sucked right after Shaq got traded, it was a rare opportunity to meet the true Laker fans. They are a select breed, usually hailing from southern California (but not always), with a keen sense of the history and nuances of the game. Really they are one of the better fanbases in the league. Their inside jokes about Sedale Threatt are classics.

It's unfortunate that when the Lakers are good these fans' contributions get drowned out by the nationwide army of frontrunning douchebags.

Oh, and the Gasol trade was similar to so many deals the Lakers have made throughout their history. When the Lakers are down for a couple of years, invariably weaker teams in tough financial straits will start throwing great players or high draft picks at them, or help the Lakers clear lots of salary cap space, for no apparent reason. From Kareem to Magic to Worthy to Shaq to Kobe to Gasol, it's always been the same refrain. A more cynical person might figure that the NBA knows its bread is buttered with a couple of marquee franchises, and so gives cash-strapped teams which are going nowhere anyway some extra "incentive" to help those franchises out when need be.

DrHouse
05-19-2009, 11:44 AM
I really don't understand why there is so much venom over the Gasol trade. This isn't the 1st time a trade like that has happened in the NBA and it won't be the last time.

I think most people are just angry the Lakers were able to get back to the top so quickly again, but if their franchise was in the position LAL was in they wouldn't give two shits about the supposed "illegality" of the trade.

Strike
05-19-2009, 12:07 PM

Jordan actually earned his arrogance by leading his team to a pair of 3-peats. If Kobe can actually lead the Lakers to a few titles, or even one, then maybe he'll actually rate his arrogance.

As far as hatred for the Lakers, I personally don't hate the Lakers. I don't even hate Kobe Bryant. He's probably my favorite player not in a Spurs uniform. Furthermore, I'm not "threatened" by how the lakers might affect the Spurs' legacy. Who cares? I couldn't care less what the media or Laker fans think of the Spurs or Spurs fans. Actually, I find it funny that so many Laker fans at this site have so little going on that they have to create these stupid little diatribes aimed at other teams' fans for no other reason than to make themselves feel valid. Are your lives so empty that you need to post here to feel better about yourselves?

Get a hobby. Learn a new skill. Read a book.

Are these takes an attempt to stand out from the millions of other insignificant Lakers fans worldwide? Trust me, it's not working. You're just another douchebag troll with a complex.

manufan10
05-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I really don't understand why there is so much venom over the Gasol trade. This isn't the 1st time a trade like that has happened in the NBA and it won't be the last time.

I think most people are just angry the Lakers were able to get back to the top so quickly again, but if their franchise was in the position LAL was in they wouldn't give two shits about the supposed "illegality" of the trade.

Just curious, what are those other trades you are talking about? What team traded an all-star caliber player for practically nothing? Not trying to argue or say you are wrong, I'm just curious to see other trades like this.

DrHouse
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis

Rasheed Wallace for Zeljko Rebraca, Bobby Sura, and future first-round draft pick

I can go on if you want.

TheManFromAcme
05-19-2009, 12:28 PM
House,

I am with you buddy. But can we at least get out of the Denver series before we beat our chests lest we forget Houston?

Last thing I need is pie in the face (or something worse ..:nutkick:) should we somehow get upset in this series.

I love the Lakers Doc but come on.........

manufan10
05-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Baron Davis for Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis

Rasheed Wallace for Zeljko Rebraca, Bobby Sura, and future first-round draft pick

I can go on if you want.

:toast

Phonzie20
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Why does this Laker fan (Dr House) feel the need to come to a Spurs board and spew things like this?

This is the definition of trolling. Oh well, if everyone can stomach him so be it.

Allanon
05-19-2009, 02:24 PM
This is the definition of trolling. Oh well, if everyone can stomach him so be it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with trolling....90% of the people here in the NBA section are trolls; myself excluded since I never troll.

Dr. House has already pulled in 4 pages of fish; pretty amazing job.