PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be a Spur next year?

Supergirl
05-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Check multiple answers if you want.

I'm assuming none of the big 3 are going anywhere, but after this year's disappointing playoff exit I don't imagine anyone else can consider themselves safe from being cut, waived, bought out, or traded.

Supergirl
05-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh, and I already noticed I left off Michael Finley. Whoops.

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
I think Gooden will be gone, but I hope he stays.

spursbird
05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
I hope Udoka will be gone... But Pop LOVES him.

SenorSpur
05-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh, and I already noticed I left off Michael Finley. Whoops.

That's good. And I hope the Spurs do the same.

symple19
05-18-2009, 10:07 PM
That's good. And I hope the Spurs do the same.
LOL
:tu agreed

timtonymanu
05-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Ime, Vaughn, and Oberto are gone. Bowen's a maybe but he should stay. Gooden is a goner, but he should stay. Finley should go, but I think he'll play one more year. Tiago aint coming. Ian, George, and Roger will stay. Bonner will probably stay, but should get traded.

SA210
05-18-2009, 11:00 PM
I chose Bruce, more because I am wishing he comes back, and not only comes back, but that he starts too.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Is Ime still under contract for next season? If he is, I doubt he's gone, unless we trade him.

spursbird
05-18-2009, 11:14 PM
Is Ime still under contract for next season? If he is, I doubt he's gone, unless we trade him.
He's a free agent this summer.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 11:20 PM
He's a free agent this summer.

Thanks. He's most likely gone then.

manufan10
05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Ime: Gone.
Fab: Gone. I think his heart problem is a real concern.
JV: Gone. He needs to retire.
Splitter: He isn't coming over.
Gooden: Will sign somewhere else.

Other than that, I think the others are staying. Unless they are packaged and sent somewhere in a trade.

silverblackfan
05-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I think Bruce will be a serious possibility in any trade package for the salary relief. I also think that when the team waves him, he will be a Spur again for his last year.

afireinside20
05-19-2009, 01:10 PM
It's very important that Gooden stays, he'll be very important to us. :flag::flag::flag:

lefty
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Michael Jordan

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 04:32 PM
These are players likely to be back:

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Finley, Bonner, Mason, Hill, Thomas, and Mahinmi (in order from most to least likely to be here)

Supergirl
05-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Finley is still worth the vet minimum. I don't know what he's making (the Mavs are paying most of his salary) or what the options are...but I'm just saying. He's worth that much.

Bowen should retire a Spur, and I think he wants to. He may or may not have 1 more year in him. Udoka should stay, because he's been groomed to be his replacement, and I think he'll be even better next year.

Thomas should also finish out his career here, and he's still decent as a 10-15 minute back up C. Oberto is probably gone.

Bonner will likely be traded if he can be. We need a C who is younger than Thomas but not a defensive liability. Mahinmi should be joining, but he's gonna be really green so we need someone in between him and Thomas. That person could be Gooden, and I'd be happy if we kept Gooden. Or it could be someone else. People don't seem to think Splitter is coming over, otherwise I'd say it could be him.

Hill and Mason should stay. We need another scoring back up PG, because neither one is quite good enough in that role, but both are decent SG options, and Hill is defensively going to be excellent. Vaughn is gone.

Fabbs
05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Mike Finley and Bonner.

With Pops coaching them.
He's won 4 titles, you know.

BlackSwordsMan
05-19-2009, 06:51 PM
I voted everyone cause it's probably the truth

Avitus1
05-20-2009, 12:12 AM
George Hill!!!

Sean Cagney
05-20-2009, 01:23 AM
I voted everyone cause it's probably the truth

WELL IN THAT CASE if Tim is healty somewhat and Manu here Healthy, second round exit instead of FIRST! YEAHHHHHHHHHH:bang:bang

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 01:36 AM
These are players likely to be back:

Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Finley, Bonner, Mason, Hill, Thomas, and Mahinmi (in order from most to least likely to be here)

I generally agree, but I wouldn't be upset if Finley wasn't on that list. I too believe Gooden will sign elsewhere.

wisnub
05-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Did u guys remember, no big names want to play for Spurs when they were still championship contenders. Almost got swept by Dallas in 1st round will make things tougher, especially in terms of luring good players with minimum offers. I would say the squad will be same as this year, since Spurs always go against the odd for draft or draft someone and send him overseas. Lakers,Denver, even Houston are much better team and better destination than Spurs. Change is needed, otherwise this team will settle for 2nd rounder playoff team and never see rings again for long long time

BackHome
05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
The only players I want back as starters are Timmy, Tony, Manu, ........I don't mind these three being our JV team..Hill, Mason, and Bonner. As far as Bowen and Finley well the only reason I would keep them is for them to teach the new kids ex.the SF slot.

The problem we have is that we have to many wholes..

PG = No backup PG.......Hill is not a PG (1)
SG = We are good at with Mason and Manu
SF = We got nothing (2)
PF = Timmy minutes are going to have to be watched. Backup to get alot of minutes....Scola would have helped..(1)......
C = Thomas is ok but he is old and slow and if you play him to much he will break. We need a starter at this positon..(1)

So looking at that we need 2 starter players...Center, and the SF postion. We also need three good young upcomming athletic bench players...Give me one who can rebound/block shots...one who can hit the outside shot, and one who likes to drive and dunk.

The Four players that will be gone are Oberto, Vaughn, Ime, and Gooden.

Their is alot of ways we can play our hand we can trade our expiring contracts to get players or just sign the young guys. Either way the first thing we need to do is find a CENTER....someone who can rebound, Block shots, and play good help defense.