PDA

View Full Version : Who else is happy that a lot of media is on Denvers jock?

j.dizzle
05-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I dont know about other Laker fans but im actually kind of happy that Denver is being picked to win the series by a lot of ppl haha. Im sick of all the sports analysts & media that kept saying LA would just breeze to the finals without even trying. That type of shit makes you cocky & not try as hard. Hopefully they use the Denver love as motivation & play with 100% effort from here on out. :toast

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
What media is predicting Denver to win?

Banzai
05-18-2009, 10:22 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/catapproved.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/catapproved.jpg)

IronMexican
05-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Really doesn't make a difference to me. Lakers wont win or lose because Charles Barkley did/didn't pick them.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Really doesn't make a difference to me. Lakers wont win or lose because Charles Barkley did/didn't pick them.
exactly

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 10:24 PM
A LOT of people are saying Denver will win.

I'm not sure why. Denver didn't look that good against Dallas if you break it down on a possession to possession basis.

If the refs don't botch game 3 and denver wins in 6/7 I imagine they wouldn't be lauded as much.

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM

I'm not sure why. Denver didn't look that good against Dallas if you break it down on a possession to possession basis.

If the refs don't botch game 3 and denver wins in 6/7 I imagine they wouldn't be lauded as much.
oh..ok...I guess I haven't paid much attention to that. I never usually do anyway.

Banzai
05-18-2009, 10:26 PM

So you think the Lakers are fine going into this series?

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Lakers are fine if Bynum plays well. He will have a chance against the undersized front court of the Nuggets.

I expect big things from Bynum! He is a top 5-6 center when he's on his game

Jacko
05-18-2009, 10:29 PM
The Lakers do MUCH better when they aren't favored. I hope the media rides DEN and CLE's jock the whole way through assuming we make it there.

JamStone
05-18-2009, 10:36 PM
It wont matter because as soon as we beat the Thuggets, they will all be saying the Lakers were just a much better team. The same will be said when we beat the Cavs, that's if they make it.

Lakers beat the Rockets and they weren't even saying it about them being the better team. More talented team, yes. Better team, no.

JamStone
05-18-2009, 10:38 PM
The Lakers do MUCH better when they aren't favored. I hope the media rides DEN and CLE's jock the whole way through assuming we make it there.

For example? When was the last time these Lakers weren't favored and did well?

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Lakers were favored against Boston last year.

mytespurs
05-18-2009, 10:46 PM
I dont know about other Laker fans but im actually kind of happy that Denver is being picked to win the series by a lot of ppl haha. Im sick of all the sports analysts & media that kept saying LA would just breeze to the finals without even trying. That type of shit makes you cocky & not try as hard. Hopefully they use the Denver love as motivation & play with 100% effort from here on out. :toast

Not that many people are picking Denver. Most of the talking heads are picking the Lakers. A lot of the Denver talk has to do with the fact they are playing well and took care of business while LA got into a slugfest with the rockets.

I expect the Lakers to win tomorrow. I wouldn't be shocked if they lost but I expect a victory and everyone will start jumping on their bandwagon again.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Lakers are fine if Bynum plays well. He will have a chance against the undersized front court of the Nuggets.

Didn't Birdman miss ~1.5 games in that Dallas series?

Jacko
05-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Birdman's game doesn't travel.

Ghazi
05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
He ain't even a true center. He's a 4 just like Nene.

I'm TELLIN you guys, Johan Petro will play minutes in this series out of necessity due to foul trouble, book it!

KSeal
05-19-2009, 12:25 AM
He ain't even a true center. He's a 4 just like Nene.

I'm TELLIN you guys, Johan Petro will play minutes in this series out of necessity due to foul trouble, book it!

I totally understand your point but relying on Bynum to supply any kind of consistency at this point or to rely on the Lakers to actually feed the ball inside consistently is a reach imo. Nether of those two things seem to happen with much regularity so just because the Lakers have more length and probably more talent in the front court doesn't mean they will have the advantage.

manufan10
05-19-2009, 10:44 AM
I totally understand your point but relying on Bynum to supply any kind of consistency at this point or to rely on the Lakers to actually feed the ball inside consistently is a reach imo. Nether of those two things seem to happen with much regularity so just because the Lakers have more length and probably more talent in the front court doesn't mean they will have the advantage.

An undersized Houston front court gave the Lakers problems, so I agree with you.

TheMACHINE
05-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Is it true that Kenny Smith said if the Lakers do win the ring, it wont be deserved?

TheMACHINE
05-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Not that many people are picking Denver. Most of the talking heads are picking the Lakers. A lot of the Denver talk has to do with the fact they are playing well and took care of business while LA got into a slugfest with the rockets.

I expect the Lakers to win tomorrow. I wouldn't be shocked if they lost but I expect a victory and everyone will start jumping on their bandwagon again.

dude...alot of people are picking Denver. Lakers are still the favorites, but when you get the whole TNT crew, and like half of the ESPN crew picking Denver over the #1 seed, it does tell you that the media is either really hyping up the series or really does believe that Denver can pull an upset.

I just think most people forget about matchups.

mytespurs
05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
dude...alot of people are picking Denver. Lakers are still the favorites, but when you get the whole TNT crew, and like half of the ESPN crew picking Denver over the #1 seed, it does tell you that the media is either really hyping up the series or really does believe that Denver can pull an upset.

I just think most people forget about matchups.

First, I'm not a "dude", I'm a woman. :)

True, there are media jumping on the denver bandwagon but there are others in thee same medium (ESPN for example) who are picking the Lakers. I tend to believe that the prognosticators are impressed with how Denver's played thus far. Had the Lakers played up to the potential they are capable of these past two series, I don't know that you'd hear much about Denver....just my
.02 cents

TheMACHINE
05-19-2009, 11:17 AM
First, I'm not a "dude", I'm a woman. :)

True, there are media jumping on the denver bandwagon but there are others in thee same medium (ESPN for example) who are picking the Lakers. I tend to believe that the prognosticators are impressed with how Denver's played thus far. Had the Lakers played up to the potential they are capable of these past two series, I don't know that you'd hear much about Denver....just my
.02 cents

my apologies ma'am. ;)

lefty
05-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Clippers FTW

rayray2k8
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Lakers are still the favorite, but it's obvious why a lot of people are 2nd guessing L.A.