PDA

View Full Version : Anybody read this Duncan rumor??

FreshPrince22
03-27-2005, 11:13 AM
I came by this on Hoops Hype and I wonderd if you guys have heard about it.

The "Memphis Commercial Appeal" wrote today that:

"Credible people close to the San Antonio Spurs believe that Tim Duncan's ankle injury is more serious than the team is reporting. Duncan, they say, will be out until next season." -Memphis Commercial Appeal
________
DiegoDuarte live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/DiegoDuarte)

FreshPrince22
03-27-2005, 11:15 AM
BTW, here's the link: http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

scroll down a bit. it's the 8th quote from the top.
________
perfect tits Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 11:17 AM
I think it's just a rumor ... probably just hopeful thinking on the part of Grizzlies fans thinking they might meet the Spurs in the first round.

Duncan would be on crutches or something if he was out until next season. He isn't even wearing a protective boot or anything.

FreshPrince22
03-27-2005, 11:18 AM
I think it's just a rumor ... probably just hopeful thinking on the part of Grizzlies fans thinking they might meet the Spurs in the first round.

Duncan would be on crutches or something if he was out until next season. He isn't even wearing a protective boot or anything.

Yea, I thought it was pretty strange that a person from Memphis was claiming this.
________
Live Sex Webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

pjjrfan
03-27-2005, 12:50 PM
2000, Duncan injures his knee, the team said he would be back for the playoffs, when the playoffs began they said he would be back after the first round, after they got beat by the Suns, it was revealed that TD's injury needed surgery and that he wasn't ever going to come back until he had the surgery. This all happened, the papers and the team kept saying he would be back, but the truth was he couldn't come back. I hope it's just some fool blowing smoke, but let's face it the FO has a history of being less than truthful with the media and the fans when it comes TD and injuries.

pjjrfan
03-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Also, Duncan wasn't on cruthches back then either, and I remember a lot fans questioning his loyaties, his manhood, his pain threshold, everything cause it didn't look like he was going to need surgery.

slayermin
03-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Also, Duncan wasn't on cruthches back then either, and I remember a lot fans questioning his loyaties, his manhood, his pain threshold, everything cause it didn't look like he was going to need surgery.

That shit was depressing as hell.

I hope to god you are wrong about comparing the two situations.

TDfan2007
03-27-2005, 03:11 PM
:depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed :depressed

usckk
03-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm worried. I wish he's okay and be back on the court very soon.

Jdspur20
03-27-2005, 04:05 PM
i don't think this injury is anywhere close to his knee in 2000.

TwoHandJam
03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Ankle injuries are generally much less dangerous than knee injuries. I agree the FO can't always be taken on their word but I'm thinking Tim will return this year.

BigJoeD
03-27-2005, 05:32 PM
I hope its just a rumor. Ankle injuries can linger on forever it seems sometimes.

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Pop said again today that they expect Tim back with about five games left in the season "and if it's sooner, that's great".

SequSpur
03-27-2005, 05:35 PM
WTF? Is Duncan going to play or not? I might be droppin some dimes on tix, but I ain't if he is out.

ShoogarBear
03-27-2005, 07:12 PM
WTF? Is Duncan going to play or not? I might be droppin some dimes on tix, but I ain't if he is out.
Whyn't you tell the front office that? I'm sure they'll be truthful with you.

:lol

xcoriate
03-27-2005, 07:37 PM
I hope its just a rumor. Ankle injuries can linger on forever it seems sometimes.

Yeah just ask Grant Hill

thispego
03-27-2005, 08:23 PM
spurs are better without duncan

Dalamar_the_Dark
03-27-2005, 09:16 PM

Screw you

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I think Duncan really is done for the season

Rummpd
03-27-2005, 09:29 PM
As a doc and former physical therapist I have thought Pop to be a little over optimistic in his statements unless things are better than what ABC said today re still some discoloration. Then this Memphis story comes out, who knows for sure. Would be nice to see Duncan say something.

I for one wish I had a chance to examine it, absolutely no way of knowing for sure without doing so to really have an idea when he will be back. I hope Pop is right.

Remember though TO's heroic performance in the Superbowl s/p a much worse injury - at a certain point, once the ankle is stable, the risk of serious re-injury decreases even though there may well be mild swelling and discomfort with playing. However, is it worth it to bring a 80% Duncan back with 5 games left or leave him out another week?

I would err for caution but will see what the Spurs do, at least historically they have always been conservative.

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 09:30 PM
Duncan is done

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Duncan is done

do you have something credible to claim this or just spewing bullshit? Considering Manu has said Duncan was doing well, Duncan was walking around at the game today with no crutches, no protective boot or anything, and Pop continues to say they think Duncan will be back with about 5 or so games left in the season.....why would anyone believe your baseless claim?

idiot

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:25 PM
do you have something credible to claim this or just spewing bullshit? Considering Manu has said Duncan was doing well, Duncan was walking around at the game today with no crutches, no protective boot or anything, and Pop continues to say they think Duncan will be back with about 5 or so games left in the season.....why would anyone believe your baseless claim?

idiot

how about the nypost as my source you dumbass

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Duncan was walking around at the game today with no crutches, no protective boot or anything, and Pop continues to say they think Duncan will be back with about 5 or so games left in the season.....why would anyone believe your baseless claim?

Exactly, he was limping much less today than he was at the Hawks game. He wears regular shoes and jumps up and cheers on the team.

People, stop posting total crap.

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Exactly, he was limping much less today than he was at the Hawks game. He wears regular shoes and jumps up and cheers on the team.

People, stop posting total crap.

when did the nypost become crap?

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 10:33 PM
The NY Post doesn't say that Duncan is done for the season.

It says "could be out for the rest of the regular season". Do you have a reading comprehension problem? That's no different than what everyone else has printed.

If you are worried about it saying "with ligament damage that may not fully heal until next season". Of course it won't fully heal until next season. Ankle sprains take 3-4 months before they are completely healed.

Again, I'm warning you to stop starting threads over and over with thoughts that can be put in another thread.

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:34 PM
tell me where the fuck the OFFICIAL Duncan is hurt thread is then

Duncan be playing on one god damn leg in the postseason

how the hell will he be effective against someone like Shaq?

ducks
03-27-2005, 10:35 PM
who says spurs play shaq in finals

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:36 PM
who says spurs play shaq in finals

The Heat are so much better then everyone in the east its a joke

The Pistons may not even beat the Celtics

Hook Dem
03-27-2005, 10:37 PM
tell me where the fuck the OFFICIAL Duncan is hurt thread is then

Duncan be playing on one god damn leg in the postseason

how the hell will he be effective against someone like Shaq?
Change your title to "Chicken Little". :lol

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Here's an example, DuncanMVP.

These two threads you started tonight.

Duncan not healthy for rest of season?

Barry and Rasho playing well means NOTHING

They are the same thought process. You could have just posted the second one in your first thread.

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Maybe DuncanMVP shouldnt post at all. Its all garbage anyway

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:42 PM
Here's an example, DuncanMVP.

These two threads you started tonight.

Duncan not healthy for rest of season?

Barry and Rasho playing well means NOTHING

They are the same thought process. You could have just posted the second one in your first thread.

My bad, but as a Spurs fan these are tough times when sources are saying Duncan is done :pctoss

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Where does the NY Post say Duncan is done?

Quote it for me.

DuncanMVP
Maybe DuncanMVP shouldnt post at all. Its all garbage anyway

It's time to accept the loss, Duncan must now get ready for the 05-06 season

Tek_XX
DuncanMVP i think you're just being a pr!ck. I'm sure you're aware that the Nypost is a tabloid. Neway a sprain is just that a sprain, not a compound fracture or any other "crap" you can think of DuncrapMVP, he'll be back by the playoffs

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 10:45 PM
That's not the point if the NY Post is crap or not. The NY Post doesn't even it say what he's saying.

It says ... COULD BE DONE FOR THE REST OF THE REGULAR SEASON!!

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:45 PM
Where does the NY Post say Duncan is done?

Quote it for me.

It doesn't say he's "done" but he's practically going to be playing on one leg. He wont be useful against someone like Shaq or the Wallaces

"with ligament damage that may not fully heal until next season"

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Why did you post the whole thing, where it says "could be out for the rest of the regular season with..."

DuncanMVP
That's not the point if the NY Post is crap or not. The NY Post doesn't even it say what he's saying.

It says ... COULD BE DONE FOR THE REST OF THE REGULAR SEASON!!

HE MIGHT AS WELL NOT PLAY if he's going out there on one leg risking his entire career

texasqb2
I just want to point out that Tim Duncan looks as happy as I have ever seen him on the sidelines. This is a guy that will be back for the playoffs, you can bet on that

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 10:47 PM
HE MIGHT AS WELL NOT PLAY if he's going out there on one leg risking his entire career

Why are just making up stuff? Seriously you need to back off this subject.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2005, 10:48 PM
He just wants to see more Rasho hook shots.

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:49 PM
where does it say he will be on one leg risking his career? your just stupid

Why would Pop even think Duncan WILL be back with 5 or so games left in the season if Duncan would be in such bad shape he is on one leg and risking his career?

Please stop the bullshit of making things up. No one has reported Duncan is done

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Why are just making up stuff? Seriously you need to back off this subject.

.4 still burns in me, and so will Duncan falling on Wallace's damn foot

how am I making stuff up? Duncan is going to be another Webber and be playing on one leg

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:51 PM
where does it say he will be on one leg risking his career? your just stupid

Why would Pop even think Duncan WILL be back with 5 or so games left in the season if Duncan would be in such bad shape he is on one leg and risking his career?

Please stop the bullshit of making things up. No one has reported Duncan is done

just forget the 04-05 season it's done

let's all just look foward to a healthy Duncan and the 05-06 season

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:52 PM
how am I making stuff up? Duncan is going to be another Webber and be playing on one leg

are you really this stupid of just play like this on a message board? You have claimed Duncan is done for the year...that IS making shit up. You claim to know Duncan would be in bad shape playing on one leg...that IS making shit up

shut up already

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:54 PM
are you really this stupid of just play like this on a message board? You have claimed Duncan is done for the year...that IS making shit up. You claim to know Duncan would be in bad shape playing on one leg...that IS making shit up

shut up already

So how can we get better for the 05-06 season now that the 04-05 season is done?

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:57 PM
What a waste of time you are. Too bad your allowed to actually post crap over and over

Tek_XX
03-27-2005, 10:59 PM
DuncanMVP, i hope for your sake that your 14 because if you're not you've got serious maturity issues, grow up dude. This site is not for people desperitly seeking attention.

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 11:01 PM
This site is not for people desperitly seeking attention

:lmao

I was just going to say something very similar.

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:01 PM
FSN IS NOW REPOrTING THAT DUNCAN MAY MISS THE PLAYOFFS

now shut the hell up

ChumpDumper
03-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Preseason baseball.

Try again.

timvp
03-27-2005, 11:04 PM
This DuncanMVP is begging for a one-week ban to straighten his/her head. I've never seen a poster implode like this.

:rollin

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:04 PM
Preseason baseball.

Try again.

sorry bitch, this was reported Mar 27, 2005 07:52 PM

ChumpDumper
03-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Link?

Kori Ellis
03-27-2005, 11:08 PM
Pop said tonight that Duncan is little bit better today than he was yesterday; that they are expecting for him to be ready with about five games left in the season and that if it's sooner, that's great.

They wouldn't even be talking about "sooner" if he was done until next season. For someone who is supposedly a Duncan fan, it seems like DuncanMVP is dying to be right and have Duncan miss the playoffs.

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Link?

how do you want me to link a FSN news report from TV? :lol :lol :lol

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
For someone who is supposedly a Duncan fan, it seems like DuncanMVP is dying to be right and have Duncan miss the playoffs.

STFU, that's the last thing I want. I also dont want to set myself up for extreme dissapointment when he doesn't in the playoffs

ChumpDumper
03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
They reported that during a poker tournament?

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:13 PM
They reported that during a poker tournament?

they reported it during the presidential election?

timvp
03-27-2005, 11:14 PM
Maybe DuncanMVP's dad should look at his son/daughter's keyboard to try to unjinx it.

ChumpDumper
03-27-2005, 11:15 PM
We have achieved meltdown.

DuncanRulz

now shut the hell up

bullshit

Why would the Spurs be talking about Duncan ready with 5 games to go or even SOONER if he is already out for the playoffs. shut the fuck up

T Park
god ban the clown.

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
Maybe DuncanMVP's dad should look at his son/daughter's keyboard to try to unjinx it.

20-30 years from now when we STILL haven't won another title, you will know the reason....the curse, and not this Malik bullshit curse

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
god ban the clown.

go make a Rasho for MVP thread

timvp
03-27-2005, 11:17 PM
This is such a classic meltdown. I think DuncanMVP is crying as he's posting.

T Park
03-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks I will :)

BTW Duncan

Rasho > Duncan

(waits for total explosion)

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:19 PM
This is such a classic meltdown. I think DuncanMVP is crying as he's posting.

I'm actaully waiting for the tears to come from everyone else when the Spurs announce that Duncan is DONE for the playoffs

Manu20
03-27-2005, 11:22 PM
I'm actaully waiting for the tears to come from everyone else when the Spurs announce that Duncan is DONE for the playoffs

Stop being such a negative bastard :flipoff

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Stop being such a negative bastard :flipoff

you might as well accept it now, then be bummed about it later

TDMVPDPOY
03-27-2005, 11:32 PM
Its all mind games i tell yah, pop is at it again...

DuncanMVP
03-28-2005, 12:00 AM
Its all mind games i tell yah, pop is at it again...

no mind games, this is real :depressed

NZHayden
03-28-2005, 12:30 AM
i think the rumor is a load of (you no what)
i went to memphis nothing but i load of rubbish everywhere. but good music

slayermin
03-28-2005, 12:39 AM
i went to memphis nothing but i load of rubbish everywhere. but good music

I heard the barbeque is really good. But I doubt it's as good as anything from San Antonio.

Spurs Biggest Fan
03-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Did you all see Tim's ankle from yesterday -- it looks very swollen and Don Harris said it looked like the size of a baseball ...

For ankle sprain experts out there: Do sprains take a week or more for the swelling to go down??? What about him walking around on it without some sort of brace???

It looked bad -- but then again I've never seen a grade 2 sprain... so I hope he does come back healthy... if not -- there are going to be alot of people on this (and other boards) jumping of the bandwagon... lots of them.

Didn't Rasho have a sprain 2 when he was out this season??? I don't remember

Kori Ellis
03-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Didn't Rasho have a sprain 2 when he was out this season??? I don't remember

Yes, and he missed six games.

The Spurs are very cautious with injuries. If Duncan needed to be wearing a brace or having crutches right now, he would. Which to me means that he's on the road to recovery. My guess is that he'll be back a few games before the end of the season.

TDfan2007
03-28-2005, 12:58 AM

MOST CLUELESS INDIVIDUAL ON EARTH :rolleyes

TDfan2007
03-28-2005, 01:01 AM
No Tim = No Title

Every team needs a go to player. Tim is ours.

SpursFanInAustin
03-28-2005, 01:08 AM

now shut the hell up

Isn't FSN the same website who said Carlos Boozer was being traded to the Lakers for Caron Butler, Devean George, and Vlade Divac?

travis2
03-28-2005, 07:59 AM
http://www.caam.rice.edu/~jnsabino/rpg/minis/pics/Cave%20Troll%20Champion%20-%20Front.jpg

Extra Stout
03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
http://a.abc.com/primetime/supernanny/images/bios/bio_frost.jpg
DuncanMVP, you've been very, very naughty! You need to go to the Naughty Room for a while to think about what you've done.

td4mvp3
03-28-2005, 10:54 AM
i just thought it odd that the poster contradicts himself. duncan obviously can't be done for the season/playoffs and still not be able to handle shaq. either he's not playing or he can't handle shaq, he can't do both. the waffling makes me think he's trying to save face having been shown that the article doesn't say as much as he read into it.

DuncanMVP
03-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Duncan's ankle is the size of basball...you think he will return in a couple weeks?

CrazyOne
03-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Duncan's ankle is the size of basball...you think he will return in a couple weeks?
hmm, for a guy that's 7 foot tall, that would be about the right size. My ankle is about tennis ball size, and it's fine.

travis2
03-28-2005, 11:20 AM

Oh, I dunno...that's still bigger than your brain, and you still manage to post here...:lol

DuncanMVP
03-28-2005, 11:47 AM
DUNCAN IS DONE

stop thinking he's not, your only going to be dissapointed later

Slo spurs fan
03-28-2005, 11:53 AM
DuncanMVP did you :hang your dad or the curse is over? :lol

DuncanMVP
03-28-2005, 01:28 PM
DuncanMVP did you :hang your dad or the curse is over? :lol

nothing will be done to my, Spurs won't win a title anytime.... or unless he cheers for another team

johnny00
03-28-2005, 01:35 PM
STFU Duncrap. How old are you 10? 12?

DuncanMVP
03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
STFU Duncrap. How old are you 10? 12?

cry me river

Duncan is out for season and now we must watch the Spurs being knocked off ni the 1st round

Hook Dem
03-28-2005, 01:59 PM
cry me river

Duncan is out for season and now we must watch the Spurs being knocked off ni the 1st round
Come on now really.....is this Lakergod or Mouse? :lol

ducks
03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Come on now really.....is this Lakergod or Mouse? :lol

I think I know who it is..

Ishta
03-28-2005, 02:12 PM
I think I know who it is..Quick..Let us in on it:lol He obviously just wants to start crap to get attention because the curse was broken with his dad!

DuncanMVP
03-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Quick..Let us in on it:lol

I am myself

LMAO @ you morons thinking I'm anyone else

I am the only Spurs fan that thinks realistically

ducks
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I am awaiting his responce on the question I asked him if he post elsewhere

DuncanMVP
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Quick..Let us in on it:lol He obviously just wants to start crap to get attention because the curse was broken with his dad!

how was the curse broken? have the Spurs won the title this season? :lol

kskonn
03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Thinking in your own reality does not count as "thinking reaslistically"

xtremesteven33
04-07-2008, 06:58 AM
This whole "Duncan is hurt" is false...i searched all over the internet and the newspaper and could not find not even ONE speculation that his ankle is swollen or hurt.....This post is stupid and needs to be banned until irrefutible evidence is given....

travis2
04-07-2008, 07:03 AM
This whole "Duncan is hurt" is false...i searched all over the internet and the newspaper and could not find not even ONE speculation that his ankle is swollen or hurt.....This post is stupid and needs to be banned until irrefutible evidence is given....

ummmmm...this is a 3-year-old thread brought back from the grave for no reason...

that might explain why you can't find anything...

xtremesteven33
04-07-2008, 07:05 AM
ummmmm...this is a 3-year-old thread brought back from the grave for no reason...

that might explain why you can't find anything...

OOOOOHHHHHH........man i feel stupid.......you see what had happened was....but then......damn....

Brutalis
04-07-2008, 07:14 AM

rasho8
04-07-2008, 07:52 AM
Another necro ftl.....

FromWayDowntown
04-07-2008, 09:02 AM
DuncanMVP owned everyone in this thread. Obviously, Tim Duncan was no factor in the 2005 Playoffs because of the ankle and has never really been heard from again. The curse of Malik Rose has been in full effect since February 2005.

duncan228
04-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I'm glad I look at post dates...I would have had a bad few minutes if I didn't. :lol

remingtonbo2001
04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
OOOOOHHHHHH........man i feel stupid.......you see what had happened was....but then......damn....

:lol See what happens when you smoke too much!

Dingle Barry
04-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Who gives a shit about your first post, douche

duncan228
04-07-2008, 09:40 AM
DuncanMVP owned everyone in this thread.

And s/he was never heard from again after 3/29/05.

thispego
04-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Who gives a shit about your first post, douche
your mom does

Dave McNulla
04-08-2008, 12:16 AM
^ don't bump threads like this. do the nostalgia thing by yourself.

Dingle Barry
04-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Name smack?

POST COUNT smack?

OOOH I am so not cool, I don't even have 1k posts and my name sounds like something to do with poop. Woe is me.

Kill yourself.

Dingle Barry
04-08-2008, 12:20 AM
ok...dingle berry

you do know what that is right?

why would you name yourself that?

Because its Dingle **Barry** you illiterate bitch.

You know, a pun?

Maybe not as creative as "el pimpo", I will concede that.

Dave McNulla
04-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Because its Dingle **Barry** you illiterate bitch.

You know, a pun?

Maybe not as creative as "el pimpo", I will concede that.you forgot the 4 cubic centimeters. sounds like a little willy.

T Park
04-08-2008, 01:00 AM

And s/he was never heard from again after 3/29/05.

Yeah she goes by Ploto.

duncan228
04-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Yeah she goes by Ploto.

Thanks for the info.
Learn something new everyday on ST.

freemeat
04-08-2008, 02:28 AM
^my first post ever^

Pure. Comedic. Genius.

Truly epic for a first post!

Well done, sir. Well done.