PDA

View Full Version : Ball and chain to force children to study

phyzik
05-19-2009, 10:06 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/5343111/Ball-and-chain-to-force-children-to-study.html

Ball and chain to force children to study. :lmao

Parents struggling to get their kids to revise in the run-up to exams can now keep them at their desk using a ball and chain that only unlocks when they have studied for long enough.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01405/ball_1405085c.jpg

Concerned mums and dads set the desired study time on the Study Ball and attach it to their child's ankle.

A red digital display counts down the "Study Time Left" and the device beeps and unlocks when the time expires.

he prison-style device weighs 9.5 kg (21 pounds), making it difficult to move while wearing it.

It cannot be locked for more than four hours and comes with a safety key that allows the manacle to be opened at anytime.

The ball and chain costs £75 and is sold online at curiosite.com.

The website says: "Quite often, students who are having problems concentrating tend to get up every ten minutes to watch TV, talk on the phone, take something out of the fridge, and a long list of other distractions.

"Were they to dedicate all this wasted time to studying, they would optimise their performance and have more free time available.

"Study Ball helps you study more and more efficiently."

Designer Emilio Alarcon came up with the idea after a friend likened revision to being in jail.

He said: "Studying can be fun and enriching if you do it once in a while, but no one likes to study for days on end, especially not with an exam date looming overhead.

"The project was born of a conversation I had with a friend who was studying for a civil service exam.

"He said 'I haven't left the house in a week, this is like being in jail'."

Bender
05-19-2009, 10:13 AM
I saw this thread title, and I thought it was about someone's wife

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-19-2009, 10:15 AM
It only works until the little bastards get old enough and strong enough to swing it like a mace and kill you when you least expect it. That's why I intend to go with the electronic perimeter exploding dog collars from Running Man to get the kids to stay inside and study.

E20
05-19-2009, 10:53 AM
I ahve study problems. I'll study for like 15 minutes then fuck around for 15 minutes and this goes on until I realize that I need to start sutying more or else I will fail.

mrsmaalox
05-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm the only motivator my kids need :makemyday

Cane
05-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Heh. If your kid is bad enough that you buy this shit for him/her then its going to backfire. The damage done by a 21 pound wrecking ball wouldn't be pretty.

SpursStalker
05-19-2009, 12:34 PM
It only works until the little bastards get old enough and strong enough to swing it like a mace and kill you when you least expect it. That's why I intend to go with the electronic perimeter exploding dog collars from Running Man to get the kids to stay inside and study.

:lol