PDA

View Full Version : I have just watched "Wolverine" today

Rapper
05-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Yep i did

I went to a cinema for watching it in the evening, wow, God damn, this movie is absolutely awesome and fantastic, before today, my friends and i have never watched any of x-men's series,because we always thought that these kind of stuffs didn't suit us, i mean it weren't our cups of tea but after today, we have changed our thoughts, great background music,great charaters , great plot, most importantly .great scenes.man it's such a 5 stars movie, it derseves your attention.

Have you guys watched it yet?

http://i1.sinaimg.cn/ent/x/2009-03-06/69d52faa4d5054159e92e80aaabc287d.jpg

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
Charles liked it.
http://www.ballerstatus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2009-04-23-barkley.jpg

jman3000
05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
:lmao Wolverine sucked.

The CG was absolutely atrocious. The scene where he was checking out his adamantium claws in that old couples restroom? I think Terminator 2 had better metal effects than that.

White Queen looked like balls (the actress was cute though), Xavier's face looked like balls, the use of Gambit was completely retarded... he could have been used in a lot cooler ways.

BlackSwordsMan
05-19-2009, 12:06 PM
lol@ deadpool

BlackSwordsMan
05-19-2009, 12:06 PM
I'll wait for HBO for this movie

Avitus1
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
This movie was crap

Blake
05-20-2009, 08:51 AM
It's getting torched at Rottentomatoes.......I think it's only getting 37% approval...

Star Trek on the other hand................ :tu

manufan10
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
the use of Gambit was completely retarded... he could have been used in a lot cooler ways.

I agree with that. Gambit was not used very well. I thought there was going to be more to it than that.

koriwhat
05-20-2009, 02:36 PM
wolverine fuckin' sucked! worse than highlander 3.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Liev Schrieber did a good job, and the intro of them going through all those wars was well done

TDMVPDPOY
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
lol@ deadpool

didnt he remind you of espada number 8 the black dude? who kept on sonido aka teleporting and ended up getting caught and beated....

FaithInOne
05-20-2009, 09:17 PM
wolverine fuckin' sucked! worse than highlander 3.

lol dude. wtf man.

Why cant they make good highlander movies ffs. :depressed

Cant_Be_Faded
05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
:lmao Wolverine sucked.

The CG was absolutely atrocious. The scene where he was checking out his adamantium claws in that old couples restroom? I think Terminator 2 had better metal effects than that.

White Queen looked like balls (the actress was cute though), Xavier's face looked like balls, the use of Gambit was completely retarded... he could have been used in a lot cooler ways.

OMG I thought I was the only one that noticed how shitty his claws looked in that scene....His claws looked better on those Burger King Big Gulp cups. That's funny. And about the White Queen (that sweet, sensual, luscious emma frost..) did you mean the CG when she iced over was balls or her character? I thought she was okay, just lame how they had to shove her into the storyline just for the sake of fitting in another character that has nothing to do with the plot.
Wolverine's wife was supposed to be some hot Jap chick if memory serves. Making her a Canadian that is Frost's sister was just typical marvel movie crap.

MannyIsGod
08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Some of the worst CGI I've ever seen in a movie. I'm not even a comic book nerd and I could tell how badly they fucked up the history. He's not a fucking American.

MannyIsGod
08-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Also, Xavier is that close to all the shit going on but in the later movies he doesn't even know who Wolverine is? Retarded.

leemajors
08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Even if X-Men Origins: Wolverine didn't leave you breathlessly waiting for a sequel, there's one sign that the follow-up will be better than the original: Usual Suspects and X-Men screenwriter Chris McQuarrie has signed on to write it.

Mister Sinister
08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Also, Xavier is that close to all the shit going on but in the later movies he doesn't even know who Wolverine is? Retarded.
Separate continuity.

AZLouis
08-14-2009, 05:03 PM
According to Variety, Hugh Jackman's Seed Productions and Fox are in development on a sequel to "Wolverine." Jackman and Seed partner John Palermo have begun planning the sequel, which they are squarely focusing on the samurai storyline originated in the comic series, says the trade.

Hugh Jackman talked to MTV and confirmed that Wolverine 2 will take place in Japan.

"Japan is where we're heading, [and] we're starting to work on it now. We're in the ... first steps of developing that story," Jackman said about adapting Frank Miller and Chris Claremont's story arc.

He added: "I think the fans love that saga. It's my favorite saga of the Wolverine stories."

JoshO501
08-14-2009, 05:08 PM
i saw the leaked version. it was hillarious.

Rodriguez
08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
That shit is only implemented by idiots like the OP. Hugh Jackman's performances were not bad though, Patrick Stewart only had a couple secs in scene but I believe his performance deserved more credit than any other actor/actress except Hugh and himself.

v2freak
08-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah I watched it. Messed up storylines and my inability to ignore the over-used "slow down and speed up" effect in action scenes made me dislike it heavily. Plus, Ryan Reynolds has now been two Marvel characters, which seems almost as strange to me as the fact that he didn't find an excuse to take off his shirt in this movie like he usually does.

Xolotl
08-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah I watched it. Messed up storylines and my inability to ignore the over-used "slow down and speed up" effect in action scenes made me dislike it heavily. Plus, Ryan Reynolds has now been two Marvel characters, which seems almost as strange to me as the fact that he didn't find an excuse to take off his shirt in this movie like he usually does.

Yeah but based on other comedies with Reynolds in it I thought he was perfect for Deadpool. I'm actually looking forward to the spin offs with him.

CharlieMac
08-15-2009, 06:37 PM
i saw the leaked version. it was hillarious.

Yeah I caught that version too. Loved the plane landing.

BlackSwordsMan
08-15-2009, 09:55 PM
didnt he remind you of espada number 8 the black dude? who kept on sonido aka teleporting and ended up getting caught and beated....

:lol wish I seen this post earlier
nah he didn't actually

BlackSwordsMan
08-15-2009, 09:55 PM
speaking of bleach ichigo gone and become super saiyan

Trainwreck2100
08-16-2009, 01:45 AM
speaking of bleach ichigo gone and become super saiyan

wtf are you talking about, he's never glowed

balli
08-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Wolverine sucked, but not half as much as X3 did, which was one of the shittiest and most over-rated movies ever made. Over-rated not because people like it, but because it's not considered to be as big a piece of shit as it is. Why get rid of Nightcrawler? Why?

Yeah but based on other comedies with Reynolds in it I thought he was perfect for Deadpool. I'm actually looking forward to the spin offs with him.
+1 I'm down with Reynolds. There are a lot of shitty movies out there with Ryan Reynolds as their only redeeming quality.

BlackSwordsMan
08-17-2009, 05:48 PM
wtf are you talking about, he's never glowed

you up to date on the manga?

MannyIsGod
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Separate continuity.

Retarded continuity is more like it.

Trainwreck2100
08-17-2009, 11:29 PM
you up to date on the manga?

he hasn't been seen since the uliquilia fight its on vizard/arrancar madness now

v2freak
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM

True. He makes a better Wade Wilson than a Hannibal King, who deals more with the occult and other dark crap. But they haven't exactly been getting things right in the movies, so I suppose it's all moot.

On a side note, I calculated his screen time in Wolverine to be slightly under 9 minutes.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2009, 04:30 AM
Retarded continuity is more like it.
Not exactly. The Wolverine (and by extension, I imagine) the Magneto movies take place in a separate movie continuity from the X-Men Trilogy movies, hence the differences in backstory and such.

v2freak
08-18-2009, 04:53 AM
They're already explaining a lack of continuity with the different dimension/earth explanation?

Mister Sinister
08-18-2009, 05:02 AM
They're already explaining a lack of continuity with the different dimension/earth explanation?
No. It's more like...how Superman Returns wasn't intended to be connected to the previous franchise, but the beginning of its own. Outside of canon, it'd be referred to as a separate franchise, whereas in-canon it's a separate continuity. Or that's the terminology I use.

MannyIsGod
08-18-2009, 06:34 AM
What are you basing this being a seperate timeline on? I found nothing supporting that.

MannyIsGod
08-18-2009, 06:35 AM
And I thought Superman returns WAS connected to the previous franchise - at least the first two movies.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2009, 06:52 AM
And I thought Superman returns WAS connected to the previous franchise - at least the first two movies.
It might have been. I haven't slept, and I wasn't a huge fan of SR. But like I say, it's a terminology thing. The way I see it, separate franchises = separate canon. I'd say it's like the Ultimate Marvel-verse and the 616 (mainstream) verse, but...eh, doesn't seem right.

MannyIsGod
08-18-2009, 11:55 AM
I've read nothing about it being a seperate anything. I don't think they would have used Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart if thats what they intended. Especially the Xavier cameo. THat completely tied it into the other movies.

florige
11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
I was just sitting here watching this movie, and thought how cool would it had been if they could have gotten the same guy who played the original William Stryker in X2. Movie was so-so. I just made the mistake of playing and beating the videogame first which was like 1000x's better, and more bloodier. lol

koriwhat
11-04-2009, 03:01 PM
wolverine's a fuckin' pussy! well this watered down version of him atleast.

florige
11-04-2009, 03:04 PM
And whoever here made the comment about the adamantium claw scene in the mirror was spot on. I would have never expected something so phoney looking in a Marvel film.

koriwhat
11-04-2009, 03:06 PM
And whoever here made the comment about the adamantium claw scene in the mirror was spot on. I would have never expected something so phoney looking in a Marvel film.

i would cause all these comic book to movie films fuckin' flat out suck ass! cgi is always tried to be over the top and always never fails to be total crap.

Mark in Austin
11-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I finally saw it about a week ago. I can get over shitty effects - there was a HUGE plot hole though:

Wolverine can smell Sabertooth's scent on the wind a mile away and has a hightened sense of smell in general, but while he is holding his not-really dead wife's body he can't smell that the blood is FAKE?

Fucking retarded.