ManuTP9
05-19-2009, 04:39 PM
plan on getting it friday

Pistons < Spurs
05-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Dl'd it last week!:toast

balli
05-19-2009, 06:22 PM
I'll probably never listen to it much and I absolutely ridicule the segment of our drug abusing population who take pills. But damn, that's one cool album cover.

InRareForm
05-19-2009, 07:07 PM
great cd, hard to listen to because of the content matter tho, but eminem does a great job on this cd. His flow and rhyme schemes are superb on this. Every song has it's own identity. This cd is really like a soundtrack for a horror movie. Dr. Dre's beats are well done on this as well.

4 stars out of 5.

stand out tracks: medicine ball, deja vu, Beautiful, and Underground

SA210
05-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I love Beautiful and Underground :tu

ManuTP9
05-19-2009, 07:16 PM
great cd, hard to listen to because of the content matter tho, but eminem does a great job on this cd. His flow and rhyme schemes are superb on this. Every song has it's own identity. This cd is really like a soundtrack for a horror movie. Dr. Dre's beats are well done on this as well.

4 stars out of 5.

is 3AM on that cd? i like that song

SA210
05-19-2009, 07:31 PM
http://www.zimbio.com/Eminem+Relapse/articles/134/Eminem+Sell+300+000+Albums+Best+Buy+Alone

Eminem To Sell 300,000 Albums At Best Buy Alone Documents have been revealed to us suggesting that Best Buy retailers have reported over 6,000 physical units of Eminem’s Relapse sold at 10 am, this morning. By these projections, the day will see an estimated 133,000 units sold of the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope Records star. According to these figures,

Frenzy
05-19-2009, 07:43 PM
it was not his best. 7 out of 10

InRareForm
05-19-2009, 07:49 PM
is 3AM on that cd? i like that song

yup, it is on there.

monosylab1k
05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Dre's beats are top notch, and Marshall still has skill, but the subject matter is so predictable it's retarded. It's seriously like he just had a checklist and made sure everything that makes a typical Eminem album was on there.

"Bitch about my mom, bitch about my life, make fun of Christopher Reeve, say faggot a few times, Paul, Steve Berman, Ken Kaniff, throw 50 a bone, and we're out"

his retarded ass fake accents are unbearably bad too. it's like he doesn't take his work seriously anymore.

Overall a C, but only because of Dre's beats.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-19-2009, 08:58 PM
http://www.aftermathmusic.com/eminem_relapse1.jpg

:toast

ROFLROFLROFL

could he scream the word "Douche" any louder?

mavs>spurs2
05-19-2009, 09:07 PM
ROFLROFLROFL

could he scream the word "Douche" any louder?

I'd buy that for a dollar!

:lmao @ the douche crew calling anyone a douche rofl rofl

Cant_Be_Faded
05-19-2009, 09:11 PM
I like old eminem, when he used to rap about Christina Aguilera.

InRareForm
05-19-2009, 09:19 PM

deep stuff

InRareForm
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
there are haters and people who appreciate the greatness of eminem.

SA210
05-19-2009, 09:23 PM
there are haters and people who appreciate the greatness of eminem.

resistanze
05-19-2009, 09:33 PM
You mean Stans.

InRareForm
05-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Stan

great song :toast

resistanze
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
great song :toast
Yup, shows his genius in recognizing his fanbase in his music. :toast

dirk4mvp
05-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm going to buy it probably.

dirk4mvp
But not for that one song.

dirk4mvp
so crack a bottle

dirk4mvp
05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
and make your body wobble.

tp2021
05-20-2009, 12:36 AM
I'd give it a 5 or 6. The hooks on most the songs are pretty bad. To me, parts of Dre's beats clash at times with everything else going on in the track. I'd have to say Hello has the best rhythm and synchronicity thoughout, with the beat, music, and Em's delivery all blending together wonderfully.I hope Relapse II is better. But Relapse is still better than Encore, and the more I listen to it, the more it grows on me. I'm surprised you guys seem to like it so much though. The main thing I take away from this is that Em can still flow, so at least his ability isn't the problem. I remain optimistic as I said for the follow up.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2009, 02:39 AM

I think he raps about both Christina Aguilera and Lindsay Lohan on this album :downspin:

Kori Ellis
05-20-2009, 02:40 AM
It's not a bad album, but I don't like his new fake accent. It's like when Madonna decided she was British.

SA210
05-20-2009, 02:44 AM
I think he raps about both Christina Aguilera and Lindsay Lohan on this album :downspin:

And Mariah :lol

timvp
05-20-2009, 03:54 AM
I downloaded it about a week ago and although I'm an Eminem defender in the flame wars, I don't really like Relapse. It started growing on me at first but it's such a shallow album that it's boring already.

Eminem's rhyme scheme and his flows are pretty damn awesome in some tracks and Dre's beats are above average, but it just doesn't all come together. Eminem usually has repetitive themes but he took it to a whole new level on this album. It seemed like he was either whining about his mom, emoing about his life, talking about the pills he pops and reinforcing the fact that he had a long layoff. The talk about about the pills and the layoff are the most annoying. Rapping about every type of pill in existence isn't impressive after about the second listen and mentioning you've been gone and this is your comeback 23235230572304712 times gets damn old.

He's damn talented but it just sounds like Eminem has lost his fire. When he was motivated early on in his career, he was gold. Now that fire isn't very consistent at all and I think he's finished as a top notch emcee. Eminem's skill is there but that's about it. He had a good run but it happens to just about every rapper.

Regarding his voice, it didn't really bother me. His regular voice isn't a strong point so changing it up is moot to me.

Overall, I'd give it about a C or a C-. I wouldn't rate any track in his top 20 to 25 tracks of all-time.

mavs>spurs2
05-20-2009, 04:32 AM
I downloaded it about a week ago and although I'm an Eminem defender in the flame wars, I don't really like Relapse. It started growing on me at first but it's such a shallow album that it's boring already.

Eminem's rhyme scheme and his flows are pretty damn awesome in some tracks and Dre's beats are above average, but it just doesn't all come together. Eminem usually has repetitive themes but he took it to a whole new level on this album. It seemed like he was either whining about his mom, emoing about his life, talking about the pills he pops and reinforcing the fact that he had a long layoff. The talk about about the pills and the layoff are the most annoying. Rapping about every type of pill in existence isn't impressive after about the second listen and mentioning you've been gone and this is your comeback 23235230572304712 times gets damn old.

He's damn talented but it just sounds like Eminem has lost his fire. When he was motivated early on in his career, he was gold. Now that fire isn't very consistent at all and I think he's finished as a top notch emcee. Eminem's skill is there but that's about it. He had a good run but it happens to just about every rapper.

Regarding his voice, it didn't really bother me. His regular voice isn't a strong point so changing it up is moot to me.

Overall, I'd give it about a C or a C-. I wouldn't rate any track in his top 20 to 25 tracks of all-time.

Pretty fair assessment. Relapse sucks

mavs>spurs2
05-20-2009, 04:35 AM
I like "beautiful" and "underground" though

Bukefal
05-20-2009, 06:10 AM
Didnt he rap about jessica simpson and Alba? He also said that he has mixed feelings over him making fun of jessica since her boyfriend is that football player. He said he is his favourite player.

KidCongo
05-20-2009, 06:52 AM
You get over hearing the countless drug references but I spose that's the theme for the album.

It's cool to have new material from him tho.

InRareForm
05-20-2009, 10:06 AM
This CD is for fans of lyricism. It's like candy to those who appreciate the art of multi rhyme patterns. but like timvp and others have said, the content of the lyrics is tiresome.

timvp
05-20-2009, 07:44 PM
This CD is for fans of lyricism. It's like candy to those who appreciate the art of multi rhyme patterns. but like timvp and others have said, the content of the lyrics is tiresome.

The content of the lyrics is a pretty large part of "lyricism", so I can't say it's for fans of lyricism. But I'd agree in that this album would appeal to those who enjoy complex rhyme schemes. I'd say it's probably his best multisyllabic rhyming. Although the actual lyrics suffered at times due to his concentration on the schemes.

P.S.

Oh and that male child rape track is disgusting. I had to delete that song and reformat my computer after listening to it . . .

DAF86
05-20-2009, 07:54 PM
It's not a bad album, but I don't like his new fake accent. It's like when Madonna decided she was British.

Nooo, please tell me that he doesn't use that horrible fake accent in all the songs.

txallstar
05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
wack, talk shit about mom, check, talk shit about pop stars (who don't give a shit about him) and how great i am compared to them, check. bitch about my wife/ex wife/gf, whatever she is, check. come up with cheesy hooks check. wait that's every album. left over dre beats that were crap, check.

KidCongo
05-21-2009, 05:23 AM
...Oh and that male child rape track is disgusting. I had to delete that song and reformat my computer after listening to it . . .

Insane, yep its full on, bit too extreme.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-21-2009, 06:26 AM
chamillionaire>>>eminem, but koopa is taking way too long to drop Venom but when he does its gonna be great

dirk4mvp
05-21-2009, 02:05 PM
chamillionaire>>>eminem

:tu

Rip-Hamilton32
05-21-2009, 04:21 PM
on chamillionaire.com it says. The End is Near June 3rd 09 could be the release of Venom or just a single i have no idea but i can't wait

SA210
05-21-2009, 08:40 PM
chamillionaire>>>eminem

:lmao

dirk4mvp
05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
I heard relapse today before I bought it. I'm glad I didn't. The only thing this album will help you with is getting ahead of the other students if you ever decide to become a pharmacist.

on chamillionaire.com it says. The End is Near June 3rd 09 could be the release of Venom or just a single i have no idea but i can't wait

I thought it was supposed to come out in March or something but it got delayed so I guess that's the album.

dirk4mvp
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM
:lmao

I hope you're not serious. Eminem is terrible now.

mavs>spurs2
05-21-2009, 09:06 PM
I hope you're not serious. Eminem is terrible now.

Eminem sucks today but so does MJ and he's still the best. Eminem is one of the best lyrically but I'm with you, I like Chamillionaire too, he's a beast.

dirk4mvp
05-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Eminem sucks today but so does MJ and he's still the best. Eminem is one of the best lyrically but I'm with you, I like Chamillionaire too, he's a beast.

My all time favorite Eminem song is Criminal and there's nothing on relapse that reminds me of that. I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting.

mavs>spurs2
05-21-2009, 10:40 PM
My all time favorite Eminem song is Criminal and there's nothing on relapse that reminds me of that. I guess it just wasn't what I was expecting.

Yeah I'm not even buying the new cd, it sucks. But I won't discredit his other stuff though, he's a beast. Seems like he tried to hard to appeal to mainstream and put out some Lil Wayne quality bullshit which just isn't his style.

sribb43
05-22-2009, 08:59 AM
chamillionaire>>>eminem, but koopa is taking way too long to drop Venom but when he does its gonna be great

+1..dude said Venom was going to drop in Feb put like all albums it got pushed back

sribb43
05-22-2009, 09:00 AM
i want Dre's Detox album to drop......hopefully 2009 is the year

Cry Havoc
05-22-2009, 10:30 AM

4 stars out of 5.

IRF, check your profile.

Cry Havoc
05-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Yeah, this is a decent CD, but there are really no standout songs, which is disappointing.

I'd actually rate it behind Encore right now. Encore probably didn't have the lyrical richness that this CD does, but the hooks were awesome and extremely biting.

I really think Eminem doesn't have nearly as much that pisses him off anymore. I bet if something extremely crazy happened in his life, it would probably allow him to put out another scintillating record like MM. Right now just about the only thing that ticks him off is how stupid Hollywood is. :lol

InRareForm
05-23-2009, 05:18 PM
LOL @ people who think eminem has lost it.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6040666168439cf9

Alchemist Freestyle

IronMexican
05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
This CD kinda sucked. I, like everyone else, liked a lot of Em's olders stuff.

Spur-Addict
05-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Heard it last night.

Trash.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-23-2009, 05:47 PM
got it yesterday and its not bad but his other albums were better

ManuTP9
05-23-2009, 06:39 PM
i liked this album, my 2 fav songs are 3am and Bagpipes from Baghdad.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-23-2009, 09:03 PM
i can't really get into any of these songs i keep wanting to push next on my ipod

mookie2001
05-23-2009, 09:17 PM
haley my baby remix screwed and chopped goes hard, thats underground though

DAF86
05-24-2009, 06:05 AM
Yeah, this is a decent CD, but there are really no standout songs, which is disappointing.

Deja vu and Beatiful are right there with Em's best songs IMO.

I'd actually rate it behind Encore right now. Encore probably didn't have the lyrical richness that this CD does, but the hooks were awesome and extremely biting.

You're crazy, Encore was awful. Relapse isn't Em's best album but I think it's pretty decent, definitely better than Encore.

I really think Eminem doesn't have nearly as much that pisses him off anymore. I bet if something extremely crazy happened in his life, it would probably allow him to put out another scintillating record like MM. Right now just about the only thing that ticks him off is how stupid Hollywood is. :lol

I think his main problem is that people got tired of hearing always the same: his mom, daughter, ex-wife, etc. if "relapse" would have been his first album a lot of people would be like: "damn, who is this? this guy is good!"

He should try wrting about other stuff, get a little more political maybe or tell some more stories a la "stan".

Rip-Hamilton32
06-03-2009, 11:06 PM
chamillionaire's site now says "the end becomes clear" 06-12-09

dirk4mvp
06-03-2009, 11:29 PM
chamillionaire's site now says "the end becomes clear" 06-12-09

neat.

Heath Ledger
06-04-2009, 06:09 AM
Free music is great even if it ain't ya feel me?

Rip-Hamilton32
06-04-2009, 01:12 PM
On June 3, Chamillionaire himself announced that the album would not come out, thus confirming speculation that it would not be released.

apparently he canceled Venom. still looking for a link

monosylab1k
06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
You're crazy, Encore was awful.

:tu Encore was total crap.

I actually hate Encore so much I might call it the worst album I've ever owned in my entire life. And I've owned a Hootie & the Blowfish album.

tp2021
06-05-2009, 12:36 AM
I think I stopped listening to Relapse before it officially came out.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-13-2009, 02:51 PM
neat.

it was his new site which is pretty good, and there is a new countdown in 8 days "the end becomes real"

Fat Bones
06-13-2009, 03:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Imposter/610x360.jpg

I'm waiting for the Prolapsed release.

sonic21
06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
-csipe3TzMg

holcs50
06-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Relapse is very good compared to the rap that's been coming out the last few years such as lil wayne, jeezy, and all this voice pitch computer bs, and all the r&b god awful stuff. Now compared to his others, better than encore but 4th overall. Id say

1-MMLP (one of best rap cds EVER)
2-Eminem Show (classic)
3-SSLP (classic)
4-Relapse (good)
5-encore (avg)

I agree with timvp that the lyrics do get a bit old, how many pills can you name in one damn cd? Well he just set the record, and yea that insane song i don't ever listen to, just pointless. I'd say though this is kind of eminems cd at "horror rap", lots of the songs are fantasies/dilusions about him killing people graphically...and at first i was a little turned off but his lyrics are dare i say refreshing compared to money, bitches, bling, blah-blah-blah all that you hear on radio ever...and I love em for that, he does make his rap more personal and not so disposable. I guess i like quite a few more tracks than others on here. I really enjoy listening thru the cd stopping on these songs:
2-3 am
6-Hello
8-same song and dance
10-Medicine ball
12-stay wide awake
16-deja vu
18-crack a bottle (sometimes)
20-underground

I guess im going to rate the cd a 4.25/5 because his wordplay is just so much better than other rappers and dres beats are top notch on the tracks i listed.
Hes one of the only rappers that can throw down a verse where i have to go back and be like no f'ing way-so quick-and so genius

SA210
06-14-2009, 03:12 AM
Relapse is very good compared to the rap that's been coming out the last few years such as lil wayne, jeezy, and all this voice pitch computer bs, and all the r&b god awful stuff. Now compared to his others, better than encore but 4th overall. Id say

1-MMLP (one of best rap cds EVER)
2-Eminem Show (classic)
3-SSLP (classic)
4-Relapse (good)
5-encore (avg)

I agree with timvp that the lyrics do get a bit old, how many pills can you name in one damn cd? Well he just set the record, and yea that insane song i don't ever listen to, just pointless. I'd say though this is kind of eminems cd at "horror rap", lots of the songs are fantasies/dilusions about him killing people graphically...and at first i was a little turned off but his lyrics are dare i say refreshing compared to money, bitches, bling, blah-blah-blah all that you hear on radio ever...and I love em for that, he does make his rap more personal and not so disposable. I guess i like quite a few more tracks than others on here. I really enjoy listening thru the cd stopping on these songs:
2-3 am
6-Hello
8-same song and dance
10-Medicine ball
12-stay wide awake
16-deja vu
18-crack a bottle (sometimes)
20-underground

I guess im going to rate the cd a 4.25/5 because his wordplay is just so much better than other rappers and dres beats are top notch on the tracks i listed.
Hes one of the only rappers that can throw down a verse where i have to go back and be like no f'ing way-so quick-and so genius

Spur-Addict
06-14-2009, 01:30 PM

Did you seriously just compare Em to Michael Jordan?

:lol

mookie2001
06-14-2009, 01:33 PM
which song is the one about molestation?
thats my fourth favorite behind the song about his mom, haley and ex wife

mavs>spurs2
06-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Did you seriously just compare Em to Michael Jordan?

:lol

Yes. Just because his last cd was kind of trash doesn't mean that the man didn't have talent.

Spur-Addict
06-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Yes. Just because his last cd was kind of trash doesn't mean that the man didn't have talent.

Not MJ like talent.

monosylab1k
06-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah Eminem is a lot more like Larry Bird.

DAF86
10-27-2009, 04:55 PM
WA6wjOukxBM

So what do you think about this new Eminem song?

It has a catchy hook but not much else.

P.S: I fucking hate that accent.

mookie2001
10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
i need at least one haley per minute

Spursfan092120
10-27-2009, 05:47 PM
WA6wjOukxBM

So what do you think about this new Eminem song?

It has a catchy hook but not much else.

P.S: I fucking hate that accent.
I liked it, actually...waiting for Relapse 2.

Cleveland Steamer
10-27-2009, 11:13 PM
It'll make some white boys talk funny.

Udokafan05
10-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Is the song about Mariah Carey downloadable somewhere?