PDA

View Full Version : Short-handed teams that could make moves

JamStone
05-19-2009, 04:23 PM
The espn/mlb section had a Buster Olney story about teams that have been hit with injuries that might need help. Delgado out for at least two months and Ricky Weeks out for the season. Also, with the way David Ortiz is under-performing at such a poor rate, could the Sox try to make a move for a middle of the line-up bat?

As a Detroit Tigers fan, I would hope and pray that the Mets get desperate enough to dangle JJ Putz as trade bait. I'd love for the Tigers to see if they could make a package attractive enough. The Mets also need some help with starting pitching. The Tigers could ship off starting pitcher Armando Galarraga (who started well but has pitched poorly lately, but in the NL could be a decent starter) and Jeff Larish (a left-handed part time player at first base with some power), who should only be there at 1B temporarily any way. I'd even be willing that the Tigers throw in Fernando Rodney (the current Tigers closer who has bi-polar tendencies but has pitched very well in the past as a set-up guy) in the package. That's probably even over-paying the Mets, giving up three major leaguers for one.

What realistic moves could and/or should the Mets, Brewers, and Red Sox make with their current short-handed situations?

EricB
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Hoping the Indians get dumb and trade DeRosa to the Cardinals.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Mets won't trade away their pen not the back end that is. They have lost the last two years because of their relief being weak they won't trade it now. Although they do still have Wagner whi is throwing off the mound and may be back by Aug giving them 3 closers.