PDA

View Full Version : 4th Quarter was season's turning point

Jimcs50
03-27-2005, 03:53 PM
28-14 4th Q was the make or break quarter for SA this year.

Had they lost, their confidence would have been shattered and they would have sucked even once TD came back.

Now they have won 2 straight and are playing with confidence.

Huge win, huge quater.

Also, an observation:

Brent's game is only good now that his hair is growing back. When he cut it, he sucked, but now that it is back, his last 4 games, he is playing much better.

Samson?

ducks
03-27-2005, 03:54 PM
have they ever scored 28 points in 4 without tim

Jimcs50
03-27-2005, 03:56 PM
have they ever scored 28 points in 4 without tim

Not against a team that was playing great defense.

Ishta
03-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Excellent all around game.. Barry played extremley well.. Manu looks like he's 100% now.

Experiment2100
03-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I wont say that just yet, the same could have been said about that fourth in Pho. in January.

wildbill2u
03-27-2005, 04:09 PM
28-14 4th Q was the make or break quarter for SA this year
Had they lost, their confidence would have been shattered and they would have sucked even once TD came back.Now they have won 2 straight and are playing with confidence.Huge win, huge quater.

Jim cs50 yesterday: "The Rose trade killed the Spur's chances...the team chemistry, which was the best in the history of the Spurs has been awful ever since the stinkin trade. We will not ever get to that again, and that sucks."

Sometimes adversity develops a new chemistry. The Spur's are down with injuries but will make their own chances and a decent run for the title if TD comes back.

Russ
03-27-2005, 04:22 PM
This was the biggest win of the year, no question.

(But what will it mean in the long run unless TD comes back?)

donkey2400
03-27-2005, 04:40 PM
How can it be better than Phoenix where we were playing on road and down 15 in the 4th.

ducks
03-27-2005, 04:44 PM
because it was without duncan

Jimcs50
03-27-2005, 04:47 PM
How can it be better than Phoenix where we were playing on road and down 15 in the 4th.

Well, for one thing, this team has been down and out, and needed something good to happen. They were on the edge of the abyss and were ready to fall in.

This win will re-energize them and make them a better team ever after TD gets back.

This is a lot like 03 when DRob was out and the team got better and better and got more confident, so by the time David returned, they were beter than they were before he left.

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2005, 04:48 PM
That was a great win. Manu was not going to accept another loss. You could tell he wanted to win badly. He put the terrible calls from the officials to the side and just played. Barry also nailed some great shots to boost the Spurs. Rasho played pretty good too, he had a lot of easy shots coming from great passes from Tony.

I hope they keep this up.

exstatic
03-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Brent's game is only good now that his hair is growing back.

I think it was the no call on the Mutombo hack at the rack. Brent looked PISSED, and that's right about when his shot started falling.

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2005, 04:50 PM
because it was without duncan
I still think this is the #2 biggest win for the Spurs this season.

There aren't many games that were like the game at Phoenix.

ducks
03-27-2005, 04:50 PM
amazing what happens when pop plays the soft card...

cherylsteele
03-27-2005, 04:59 PM
And yet there are people who say Pop can't coach without Tim playing....they know who they are.

SequSpur
03-27-2005, 05:06 PM
And yet there are people who say Pop can't coach without Tim playing....they know who they are.

Sup cheryl, good to see you.

As for Pop. Screw Pop. Pop didn't call those plays that Barry jacked up. He also made some stupid substitutions today as well. Everybody doesn't need minutes.

Manu destroyed Tmac on defense. Then Bowen is inserted and Manu switches guys and Tmac drops 12 straight on Bowen.

Still, no double team, no nothing. Bowen left out to dry. Pop's fault.

I give credit to Rasho for making his hook shots or was that Kareem? Barry for breaking out the big nuts and Manu for his steals and effortless play.

Also to Parker for making everybody else look better rather than trying to drive the ball every play.

I was very impressed with the last 8 minutes of the fourth.

Oh... and a quit shout out to Marks. Dude was kickin it.

boutons
03-27-2005, 05:19 PM
The moral aspect of this victory is much bigger than the PHX win.

They knew everybody was looking to see if they could do it without Tim.

They had the onus of the 3 straight losses last week on their back.

The Hawks win .... well, that couldn't have been anything but, meaningless fodder win.

But beating a WC playoff team like the Rockets without Tim gives them a huge shot of confidence and momentum.

Now, get 2 days rest, and it'll be payback time for the W the Sonics got @SBC.

cherylsteele
03-27-2005, 09:10 PM
Sup cheryl, good to see you.

As for Pop. Screw Pop. Pop didn't call those plays that Barry jacked up. He also made some stupid substitutions today as well. Everybody doesn't need minutes.

Manu destroyed Tmac on defense. Then Bowen is inserted and Manu switches guys and Tmac drops 12 straight on Bowen.

Still, no double team, no nothing. Bowen left out to dry. Pop's fault.

I give credit to Rasho for making his hook shots or was that Kareem? Barry for breaking out the big nuts and Manu for his steals and effortless play.

Also to Parker for making everybody else look better rather than trying to drive the ball every play.

I was very impressed with the last 8 minutes of the fourth.

Oh... and a quit shout out to Marks. Dude was kickin it.

Marks played with alot of energy today...he missed a few open jumpers, but at least he took them...we had a problem in the past few weeks of people wanting to shoot when open.

Rasho line was okay.....I don't give him props for the offense...it was okay....but I do give him props for a solid job on Yao...he fronted well and denied him the ball in low post.

We aren't going to agree on Pop...I remember you from the WOAI FBZ....let's leave it at that.

Manu played great all around....the steal on the TMac....but I especially love the way he took Yao's candy from him....clean....plus that and-1 shot he almost put down...he did make a few other crazy shots.

I won't blame Pop for Bowen's problems on TMac....Bruce usually does well..he just didn't have it today......I think that is why Pop put Manu on TMac.

I hope this game is a catalyst for the rest of the year.

T Park
03-27-2005, 09:19 PM
I don't give him props for the offense...it was okay

suprise suprise.

He was 5 of 10 for 10 points.

Shot 50% and played great D and had some great steals.

But once again, he sucks according to you, Sequ, Alvarez, and everyone else's brother.

donkey2400
03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
I still dont think it is bigger than Phoneix, simply because home crowd can
do wonders to your team. If it were at houston i would agree.

cherylsteele
03-27-2005, 09:45 PM
He was 5 of 10 for 10 points.

That is an okay line.....sure it was 50%.....I wasn't condeming him....touchy??

I did give him props for his "D" or did you not read that part...or just the part you wanted to?

I have said this before....stat lines do not tell the whole story...Rasho had a good all-around game....did not make stupid mistakes or anything.

You still probably think Barry stinks, don't you....he puts together a few solid games and you say nothing. I least I can give props when deserved.

You keep saying I hate Rasho.....I don't...I just wish the starting center was more consistent than he has played....espcially with Timmy out.....more games like thios from him would be great.

Plus...I never said he sucked...don't put words in my post that I never said.....I have said he is not doing his part alot of the time.

T Park
03-27-2005, 09:55 PM
You still probably think Barry stinks, don't you.

Not at all, I never thought he did.

I thought his non agressive passive attitude and bricking open jump shots was what stunk.

But keep putting words in my mouth.

Not doint his part alot of the time, talk about the politically correct term of saying he sucked.

T Park
03-27-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't give him props for the offense

oh thats just a glaring and huge endorsement of Rasho's game today.

cherylsteele
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM
oh thats just a glaring and huge endorsement of Rasho's game today.

5 for 10.

I have also said stat lines don't tell the whole story. If he went 11 for 13...then I would...that is a rarity....the only thing I wish he did more was draw fouls...but as I type this, maybe not.....he is not a good free throw shooter.

If I went by stat lines alone then I would also say Barry stinks.....he had benn somewhat disappointing in the shooting area but he has brought much more than that a good chunk of the season....I look at the big picture....you look MOSTLY at stat lines.

I am saying he held the fort on the offensive end...nothing more, nothing less....were he was best was on the "D"...and stepped up in that regard. He played solid "D" on Yao...did a nice job clogging the paint...altered some shot....and a few blocks.

You have also stated several times that you have been unimpresed with Barry. Not a ringing endorsement either.

As for Nazr.....he came to the team and played well....he has dropped off some....he needs some work.

Marks brought alot of energy....missed shots...but the energy was nice to see.

T Park
03-27-2005, 10:15 PM
you have been unimpresed with Barry

they guy is shooting 30% for the season.

Your gonna tell me that that is OK????

Good lord.

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
stop overhying Barry

the guy hasnt done shit all season

Jimcs50
03-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Some numbers:

4th Q defense was perhaps the best all season.

2 — Rockets free throws in the second half.
5 — Rockets turnovers in the fourth quarter.
1 — Rockets assist in the fourth quarter.
1 — Rockets 3-pointer in eight attempts.

Spurs, who won the board battle 42-37, moved to 39-4 when getting more rebounds. :smokin