PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant is basically Scottie Pippen, but with media hype

BRHornet45
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Kobe is only a great player whenever he is surrounded by All Stars. Put him on a team like the Bucks, Grizzlies, etc. and he is just your typical 44% shooting 2 guard who occasionally makes the All Star team. However since he plays for the Lakers, he receives damn near all of the media hype/help and gets votes for every award out there.

Everyone knows that Kobe has a lot to prove. He still has not won a championship and is nearly 31 years old. I don't wanna hear SHIT about the 3 championships in 2000, 2001, and 2002 because Shaq won those championships and is the ONLY reason the Lakers won them. There is a reason why Shaq won the finals MVP award in ALL 3 of those finals because he single handedly did it .... Kobe sat back and watched the show just like the rest of us ... the only difference is that Kobe got a pretty ring since he was on the team despite having next to NOTHING to do with winning those championships.

just like Pippen was without Jordan .... Kobe is the same way without Shaq.

xtremesteven33
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Ive never seen Pippen win an MVP or score 81 points in one game.....

HarlemHeat37
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
he's definitely better than Pippen..

I hate dude, but he's a top 15 player of all-time..he's probably the most overrated player in NBA history by the media, but he's obviously up there on the all-time list..

he's the 3rd best of the generation though, and that isn't up for debate..

fevertrees

Chris Paul was last year's MVP.

baseline bum
Bryant ain't Jordan, but I'd take him over Pippen in a second (although Scottie was a monster defensive player).

fevertrees
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Kobe is only a great player whenever he is surrounded by All Stars. Put him on a team like the Bucks, Grizzlies, etc. and he is just your typical 44% shooting 2 guard who occasionally makes the All Star team. However since he plays for the Lakers, he receives damn near all of the media hype/help and gets votes for every award out there.

Everyone knows that Kobe has a lot to prove. He still has not won a championship and is nearly 31 years old. I don't wanna hear SHIT about the 3 championships in 2000, 2001, and 2002 because Shaq won those championships and is the ONLY reason the Lakers won them. There is a reason why Shaq won the finals MVP award in ALL 3 of those finals because he single handedly did it .... Kobe sat back and watched the show just like the rest of us ... the only difference is that Kobe got a pretty ring since he was on the team despite having next to NOTHING to do with winning those championships.

Mothafucking CO-SIGNED to this though!

BRHornet45
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM

son I think you mean Kobe's fluke 63 point game .... the refs/NBA gave him 18 freebie points at the line that night to give the illusion that he actually earned 81 points.

dirk4mvp
05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
It's funny how just about every one hated him after his Eagle incident with most if not all of his sponsors pulling away from him, and now he's back to being one of the faces of the league.

montgod
05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
It's funny how just about every one hated him after his Eagle incident with most if not all of his sponsors pulling away from him, and now he's back to being one of the faces of the league.

Isn't that how it always is? I still see Marv Albert with a job... after his brief hiatus.

Spursfan092120
05-19-2009, 09:52 PM
son I think you mean Kobe's fluke 63 point game .... the refs/NBA gave him 18 freebie points at the line that night to give the illusion that he actually earned 81 points.
I've never seen Scottie Pippen score 63 points in a game either. Don't get me wrong, man...I love Scottie..and I'm not a big fan of Kobe..but Kobe is MILES better than Scottie...

dirk4mvp
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Pippen is the best #2 player of all time. Kobe was a decent role player from 00-02.

BRHornet45
05-19-2009, 09:58 PM
pippen is the best #2 player of all time. Kobe was a decent role player from 00-02.

co-signed!

montgod
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Well... I believe Kobe is a much better player than Pippen was and this isn't to diminish the player that Pippen was. Pippen was probably one of the best SFs ever.

However, it is a little difficult to consider Kobe a role player when he averaged 21, 29, and 26 points during that three year playoff timeframe when they won three rings.

BRHornet45
05-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Well... I believe Kobe is a much better player than Pippen was and this isn't to diminish the player that Pippen was. Pippen was probably one of the best SFs ever.

However, it is a little difficult to consider Kobe a role player when he averaged 21, 29, and 26 points during that three year playoff timeframe when they won three rings.

take Kobe off of those teams and they still would have won all 3 of them ...... take Shaq off those teams and they wouldn't have won ANY

GuerillaBlack
05-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Kobe Bryant is like Clyde Drexler.

Spursfan092120
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Pippen is the best #2 player of all time.
Dude..I can't agree with this...I'm sorry...are you saying that Scottie is better than Magic either/or Kareem? No way dude..no way. Bob Cousy or Bill Russell? Nope...Wilt Chamberlain or Jerry West? Dr. J or Moses Malone in 1983 when Moses averaged 26 points a game? Pippen is a great #2 no doubt..but calling him the best #2 of all time is stretching it...this coming from a Scottie fan.

montgod
05-19-2009, 10:14 PM
take Kobe off of those teams and they still would have won all 3 of them ...... take Shaq off those teams and they wouldn't have won ANY

I can't say that I would agree in regards to Shaq winning without Kobe. Who would have picked up the slack in scoring that many points and spreading the defense to allow Shaq all those points down low? And don't say Rick Fox or Fisher... please.

If I recall, Shaq got to the finals before with another similar player in Penny Hardaway and didn't win anything. So without Kobe... or a Kobe-type player (Wade - who is his own player now), Shaq hasn't won anything either.

For the most part, all Championship teams required at least two superstars to win it all. I am not a Kobe fan, but I do respect how good a player he was then and is now.

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 10:19 PM

No way. The Spurs (not to mention the Kings) would have beaten the 02 Lakers minus Kobe. Probably not the 01 Lakers though.

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 10:21 PM
I can't say that I would agree in regards to Shaq winning without Kobe. Who would have picked up the slack in scoring that many points and spreading the defense to allow Shaq all those points down low? And don't say Rick Fox or Fisher... please.

If I recall, Shaq got to the finals before with another similar player in Penny Hardaway and didn't win anything. So without Kobe... or a Kobe-type player (Wade - who is his own player now), Shaq hasn't won anything either.

For the most part, all Championship teams required at least two superstars to win it all. I am not a Kobe fan, but I do respect how good a player he was then and is now.

The 01 team played ridiculous defense, and that was mostly Shaq, Fox, Horry, and to a lesser extent Grant. I think they would have won it all minus Kobe, but obviously they'd get killed in 00 and 02.

dirk4mvp
05-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Dude..I can't agree with this...I'm sorry...are you saying that Scottie is better than Magic either/or Kareem? No way dude..no way. Bob Cousy or Bill Russell? Nope...Wilt Chamberlain or Jerry West? Dr. J or Moses Malone in 1983 when Moses averaged 26 points a game? Pippen is a great #2 no doubt..but calling him the best #2 of all time is stretching it...this coming from a Scottie fan.

When was Magic ever a #2? And lol at Bill Russell. The most overrated player in nba history. And that's saying something.

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 10:28 PM
When was Magic ever a #2? And lol at Bill Russell. The most overrated player in nba history. And that's saying something.

Russell is grossly overrated by most who consider him a top 5-10 player of all-time, but have you ever seen him play? His anticipation and quickness off his feet soundly beat anyone I can think of in the league right now, much less all-time. Not even Robinson nor Olajuwon was as quick a jumper as Russell. Russell's a better version of a sane Rodman. Not a top 10 player, but he wasn't a Ben Wallace either.

Leetonidas
05-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Uh, what about the 2006 Lakers?

They were terrible outside of Kobe that year and he took them to 7 versus Phoenix.

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 10:31 PM
EDIT: Wrong thread

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:02 PM
OP is a clown normally you are only biased when it comes to Hornets but you are a fool Sure, Kobe is not better than Mj and maybe (maybe) Lebron has passed him but he is wayy better than Pippen ...without Shaq he has taken his team to the Finals, won an MVP and is still the best closer in the game ...dont feel bad cuz we can do what you can not ...after one game we have doone as well as you did against the Nugz ...
CP3 was NOT last year's MVP hell he didnt even make 1st team ALL NBA THIS Year ...

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Watch that game Kobe gaurded JR. Smith, Kobe and MElo and only melo had any success against him ... that is why he makes ALL defensive for games like TONIGHT's ....

BRHornet45
05-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Watch that game Kobe gaurded JR. Smith, Kobe and MElo and only melo had any success against him ... that is why he makes ALL defensive for games like TONIGHT's ....

son Kobe (as usual) barely shot 40% tonight ... he had to shoot the ball nearly 30 times and rely on the refs to give him 12 FREEBIE points at the line in order to score his 40 ....

Ghazi
05-19-2009, 11:09 PM
CP3 is Raymond Felton w/ media hype

Medvedenko
05-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Lol Pippen
Lol Luc longley
Lol Bill Wennington
lol BJ armstrong

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Do they not teach math where you went 2 school? Kobe shot ...13/28 which = 46.4%
he also hit FT's at a 12/13
Look donr bring that weak sauce here ...
IF you want to question someone's credentials look at your boty Cp3

Only 1 playoff win with a fellow all-star ....

Kobe got 3 wins with Kwame, Luke, Smush as starters so quit your excuses cuz we all know

Kobe is better than Dwill who is better than CP3

La Peace
05-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Kobe is like JR Rider with a jumpshot

Kobe is like a 6'6 Smush Parker with media hype and referee help

GuerillaBlack
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Uh, what about the 2006 Lakers?

They were terrible outside of Kobe that year and he took them to 7 versus Phoenix.

They were also up 3-1 in that series. Tracy McGrady did the same thing back in Orlando against Detroit.

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:26 PM
They were also up 3-1 in that series. Tracy McGrady did the same thing back in Orlando against Detroit.

Yep he sure did but Magis was expected to win Lakers over-acheievd ...when they were up as a Laker fan i didnt expect that I also did not expect the comeback either ...

HarlemHeat37
05-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Magic weren't expected to win at all..McGrady's supporting cast was actually worse than Kobe's too..it was definitely a similar situation..

the media protects Kobe when it comes to that kind of stuff..

cobbler
05-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Laughing at sour grapes Hornet fan dissing Kobe cause hey... he he certainly has nothing to talk about playoff related. :lmao

iggypop123
05-19-2009, 11:41 PM
CP3 is Raymond Felton w/ media hype

thats an insult to felton. he doesnt flop that bad

MambaJuice2408
05-20-2009, 12:27 AM
co-signed!

Well since Shaq can't finish games in the 4th quarter. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he NEEDED Kobe Bean Bryant!:toast

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 01:52 AM
kobe is one of the biggest bitch in the league, but he's waaaaaaay better than pippen. this is not even close. not close at all...

robbie380
05-20-2009, 02:00 AM
the kobe/drexler comparison is pretty good i think

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 02:01 AM
the kobe/drexler comparison is pretty good i think

drexler himself said kobe is better than him. accolades, stats and accomplishments wise, kobe is also in a different league than clyde.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Kobe and Pippen...not even close! :nope

Kobe and MJ....maybe!? :rolleyes

barbacoataco
05-20-2009, 02:05 AM
I don't like Kobe or the Lakers, but I still admit he is a great player. The closest to Jordan since he left.

Bob Lanier
05-20-2009, 02:05 AM
Drexler was a considerably better passer.

robbie380
05-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Drexler was a considerably better passer.

yes but i am just talking about in the level that they played the game at. drexler was also better at getting to the hoop and ...EDIT...kobe has been a more efficient scorer than drexler with a total shooting% of 55.8% to drexler's 54.7%. i originally thought drexler was more efficient.

anyhow...he was also able to make it to 2 finals without a dominant big man. i think kobe and drexler are the exact opposite in term being hyped by the media. i think drex was very underrated due to jordan and kobe is great but overhyped.

Bob Lanier
05-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Yes, but Bryant's still better than Drexler.

Not anywhere close to Jordan, though.

Bob Lanier
05-20-2009, 02:23 AM
It would have been interesting to see how Bryant's career would have progressed had he played in the Eastern Conference, like Vince Carter, Gilbert Arenas, and Dwyane Wade.

tso & lo Cavfanatic
05-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Kobe and Pippen...not even close! :nope

Kobe and MJ....maybe!? :rolleyes
LMAO. MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KObe

Lars
05-20-2009, 03:08 AM
The gap between Drexler and Kobe is alot closer than Jordan to Kobe.

Jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe>>>Drexler

Nahtanoj
05-20-2009, 03:26 AM
Drexler.. LOL

Bob Lanier
05-20-2009, 03:41 AM
he was also able to make it to 2 finals without a dominant big man.
I'd say Duckworth, Buck Williams, Kersey, and Cliff Robinson were better than Gasol, Odom, and Bynum.

And then there's Terry Porter, a better guard than Bryant's played with - well, ever.

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 05:43 AM
It would have been interesting to see how Bryant's career would have progressed had he played in the Eastern Conference, like Vince Carter, Gilbert Arenas, and Dwyane Wade.

Kobe just would have been a 6 or 7 time All Star if that were the case .... the dude is 95% pure media hype. it takes him 30-35 shot attempts to score 40 points (and that's with help from the NBA / Refs with his typical 10-15 FREEBIE points from the line to help inflate his scoring numbers)

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Kobe just would have been a 6 or 7 time All Star if that were the case .... the dude is 95% pure media hype. it takes him 30-35 shot attempts to score 40 points (and that's with help from the NBA / Refs with his typical 10-15 FREEBIE points from the line to help inflate his scoring numbers)

Your a funny poster bro, but your hatred for Kobe and the lakers clouds your judgment. If you truly believe all the "freebie" talk and all this other bullshit, then just stop watching the NBA. Chris Paul gets more freebies from flops alone. Like I said man, your a funny cat and you hands down have the best sig pics, but the laker hatred just comes off as bitter, biased, and uninformed

Deuces88
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
I always LOL when people mention the 81 points he scored. He scored 81 points against a trash team. First off, I admit he's a scorer, but that's it. That's all he is. He's a pure scorer. The only different between him and Ray Allen is Kobe can put the ball on the floor.

I'd take Pippen over Kobe because as the old saying goes "Defense wins games, wins championships."

Btw, David Robinson scored 72 points once. How come I don't see people sucking him off?

DA BULLS
05-20-2009, 08:24 AM
scottie was the superior defensive player..he had the long arms, speed, and athleticism to guard almost anyone. however as much as i like pippen he could not score like kobe. his best scoring season was when jordan left for baseball i believe he averaged around 22 a game. pippen had more of an all around game but kobe is def. better scorer

2Cleva
05-20-2009, 08:26 AM
To borrow a line from Jay-Z - "If I'm not better than BIG, I'm the closest one."

That's how I feel about the Kobe-MJ debate. LeBron is coming up fast though. Needs to add something to the championship ring case to be worthy of it though.

urunobili
05-20-2009, 09:03 AM
To borrow a line from Jay-Z - "If I'm not better than BIG, I'm the closest one."

That's how I feel about the Kobe-MJ debate. LeBron is coming up fast though. Needs to add something to the championship ring case to be worthy of it though.

Ring as the main guy > Ring as a sidekick

Both have zero and a choking finals appearance when being the main Guy in the Finals... :wakeup

2Cleva
05-20-2009, 09:28 AM
This year will truly decide it for now.

As much as people say Kobe isn't MJ, its rare to they fill the gap with who is better than Kobe yet still less than or better than MJ. LeBron could be on his way but they list starts and stops there.

manufan10
05-20-2009, 09:47 AM
lol CP3

Reggie Miller >>>>> Kobe

:lol

No, seriously, Kobe is a great player. He is a natural scorer. The only thing I question is his leadership ability, other than that, he is one of the all time greats. The guy makes shooting the ball look easy. He makes difficult shots, and sometimes makes it look like the ball is rigged to go in. :wow

jack sommerset
05-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I was thinking the samething about Kobe. Pipen ='s Kobe. Not a bad thing at all. A fair comparison at this point.

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I always LOL when people mention the 81 points he scored. He scored 81 points against a trash team.

how about the 62 pts in 3rd quarter against the best team in the west at that time (mavs?)

quit being a dumbass

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I was thinking the samething about Kobe. Pipen ='s Kobe. Not a bad thing at all. A fair comparison at this point.

yeah pippen won mvp, scored 30ppg in a season a few times, led the league in points scored. and had defensive coaches triple teaming him. fair comparison my ass.

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Your a funny poster bro, but your hatred for Kobe and the lakers clouds your judgment. If you truly believe all the "freebie" talk and all this other bullshit, then just stop watching the NBA. Chris Paul gets more freebies from flops alone. Like I said man, your a funny cat and you hands down have the best sig pics, but the laker hatred just comes off as bitter, biased, and uninformed

son your sig is better. god bless

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
son your sig is better. god bless

keri ftw

JamStone
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
There are several trash teams in the league every season. How come there aren't other players that score 80+ points on these trash teams every year? Discounting a guy who scores 81 points on an NBA team, no matter how bad the team, is pretty absurd. Yes, the Raptors were trash when he did it. He still did it. Only one other player in the history of the league can claim he scored as many points on an NBA team. Whether or not you like the guy, you can't dismiss the 81. It's absurd to do so.

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 04:35 PM
sons why do people look past the fact that Kobe's field goal percentage is a total joke? LOL ... his career field goal percentage is a PATHETIC 45% and he averages 20 shot attempts per game only to barely average 25 points per game .....

its funny how all the media cares about is one stat.... points per game. they don't care that it takes the dude 20 shot attempts to score 25 points ... LMAO 45%. yet some people have the nerve to say he is arguably the greatest?

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
There are several trash teams in the league every season. How come there aren't other players that score 80+ points on these trash teams every year? Discounting a guy who scores 81 points on an NBA team, no matter how bad the team, is pretty absurd. Yes, the Raptors were trash when he did it. He still did it. Only one other player in the history of the league can claim he scored as many points on an NBA team. Whether or not you like the guy, you can't dismiss the 81. It's absurd to do so.

nigga jamstone speaks the troof.

like i said, kobe's a bitch at heart. a true faker for life, but his skillz are undeniable.

JamStone
05-20-2009, 04:59 PM
sons why do people look past the fact that Kobe's field goal percentage is a total joke? LOL ... his career field goal percentage is a PATHETIC 45% and he averages 20 shot attempts per game only to barely average 25 points per game .....

its funny how all the media cares about is one stat.... points per game. they don't care that it takes the dude 20 shot attempts to score 25 points ... LMAO 45%. yet some people have the nerve to say he is arguably the greatest?

45% from the field for a perimeter player who shoots a lot of jumpers is not outstanding, but it certainly isn't pathetic. Especially in this era of basketball where defenses are better than in the 80s and 90s. Look at a sharp shooter like Ray Allen, and his career FG% is right at 45% too. Ginobili, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, T-Mac, Joe Johnson all the same or under 45% on their careers.

LeBron and Wade have better FG% because early on in their careers, they attack the basket much more. The ability to do so and more so the ability to finish at the rim when they do attack is what makes them very special players. Then there are the rare few perimeter players that are just able to shoot high percentages, like Nash, Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Wally Szczerbiak for whatever reason, generally because of their shot selection, similar to John Stockton. They almost always take good shots, open shots, and generally don't force tough jumpers that are well contested.

Kobe attacks the rim, but less frequently than guys like LeBron and Wade. He just shoots more jumpers than he does lay-ups and dunks on drives. 45% FG is more than adequate for a superstar wing player in today's NBA. Could be better, should be better. But it's not pathetic. It's also important to note that if you take the three years after Shaq was traded out of the equation where Kobe was often double and triple teamed and also forced a lot of shots at the end of shot clocks, he would be closer to about 46.5% FG shooter, which would be very good for a perimeter player in today's league.

jack sommerset
05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
yeah pippen won mvp, scored 30ppg in a season a few times, led the league in points scored. and had defensive coaches triple teaming him. fair comparison my ass.

Six rings motherfucker....six RINGSSSSSSSSSSSS... Just kidding I was pretending to be a Spew fan

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 05:51 PM
45% from the field for a perimeter player who shoots a lot of jumpers is not outstanding, but it certainly isn't pathetic. Especially in this era of basketball where defenses are better than in the 80s and 90s. Look at a sharp shooter like Ray Allen, and his career FG% is right at 45% too. Ginobili, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, T-Mac, Joe Johnson all the same or under 45% on their careers.

LeBron and Wade have better FG% because early on in their careers, they attack the basket much more. The ability to do so and more so the ability to finish at the rim when they do attack is what makes them very special players. Then there are the rare few perimeter players that are just able to shoot high percentages, like Nash, Chris Paul, Tony Parker, and Wally Szczerbiak for whatever reason, generally because of their shot selection, similar to John Stockton. They almost always take good shots, open shots, and generally don't force tough jumpers that are well contested.

Kobe attacks the rim, but less frequently than guys like LeBron and Wade. He just shoots more jumpers than he does lay-ups and dunks on drives. 45% FG is more than adequate for a superstar wing player in today's NBA. Could be better, should be better. But it's not pathetic. It's also important to note that if you take the three years after Shaq was traded out of the equation where Kobe was often double and triple teamed and also forced a lot of shots at the end of shot clocks, he would be closer to about 46.5% FG shooter, which would be very good for a perimeter player in today's league.

son you are right. 45% field goal shooting is not PATHETIC for just your average NBA All Star player .... however it IS PATHETIC for someone like Kobe who the media tries to convince people is the greatest of all time (or at least in the top 3). Kobe is a very GOOD player, but a selfish player who needs a TRUE leader to win a championship. Kobe simply does not have what it takes to be a real leader like great players such as Shaq, Jordan, Bird, etc., etc. He is far from "great". damn good, but far from great.

Ghazi
05-20-2009, 05:54 PM
lol 121-63

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 05:58 PM
lol 121-63

lol your life

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
The almighty 81pts performance ladies and gentlemen. That's all i have to say! :toast

Ghazi
05-20-2009, 06:00 PM
cp3 shot 41.1% in the playoffs

overhyped

not even a top 10 PG in the league really

parker/rose/rondo/williams/nash/kidd/harris/nelson/billups/miller > Cp3

he had his nice little fluke run but i think the league has caught up and exposed him as an undersized flopper with a loser mentality (121-63 lol)

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
cp3 shot 41.1% in the playoffs

overhyped

not even a top 10 pg in the league really

parker/rose/rondo/williams/nash/kidd/harris/nelson/billups/miller > cp3

he had his nice little fluke run but i think the league has caught up and exposed him as an undersized flopper with a loser mentality (121-63 lol)

lmao!!!! ... CP3 learned how to flop from the best ... Dirk! the true flop artist!

fevertrees
son you are right. 45% field goal shooting is not PATHETIC for just your average NBA All Star player .... however it IS PATHETIC for someone like Kobe who the media tries to convince people is the greatest of all time (or at least in the top 3). Kobe is a very GOOD player, but a selfish player who needs a TRUE leader to win a championship. Kobe simply does not have what it takes to be a real leader like great players such as Shaq, Jordan, Bird, etc., etc. He is far from "great". damn good, but far from great.

mothafucking CO-SIGNED

fevertrees
The almighty 81pts performance ladies and gentlemen. That's all i have to say! :toast

How many rings did that result in? :lobt2:

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 06:04 PM

son that was one FLUKE performance against a D-League team.... oh and it was 63 points, not 81. The NBA / Refs gave Kobe 18 freebie points from the free throw line to give the illusion that he actually earned 81 points.

Ghazi
05-20-2009, 06:04 PM

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 06:06 PM

LOLZ son you know damn well Kobe sat back and watched the Shaq show just like the rest of us.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Rapist >>> Pippen

Jordan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rapist

MiamiHeat
06-13-2009, 06:37 AM

Co-sign.

Imagine if Kobe didn't cry and force the Charlotte Hornets to trade him to the Lakers after the Hornets drafted him. Kobe with no Shaq = 0 rings right now.

No media hype, no playing for the famous Laker team.

Ghazi
06-13-2009, 07:33 AM
What a gay bump.

BR Hornet has turned into a huge faggot ever since the Hornets got face fucked.

pauls931
06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
man, the lakers winning is making everyone retard...

ginobili's bald spot
06-13-2009, 09:19 AM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff148/Quatsch1/u_mad.gif

Tacker
06-13-2009, 09:48 AM
I've never seen Scottie Pippen score 63 points in a game either. Don't get me wrong, man...I love Scottie..and I'm not a big fan of Kobe..but Kobe is MILES better than Scottie...

Because he had Jordan on his team taking all the shots......

Bandwagon Fan
06-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chris Paul. Chris Paul doesnt demand nearly as much attention as Kobe.

Killakobe81
06-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Pippen was great but he is no Kobe ...Kobe is not GOAT ..but is all time top 10 player an din conversation of best player this decade along with Tim. Shaq was dominnant for only the early part of this one ...

Killakobe81
06-13-2009, 02:01 PM
CP3 <DWill with a ton of media hype!!!

MiamiHeat
06-13-2009, 03:53 PM
because he had jordan on his team taking all the shots......

+1

Dex
06-13-2009, 04:03 PM
All I'm gonna say here is nobody cared about Kobe in '05 or '06 when he was surrounded by a bunch of scrubs.

MiamiHeat
06-13-2009, 08:21 PM
huh?

kingmalaki
06-13-2009, 11:43 PM

Better....sure. Miles better....that one I don't know about. Pippen has never put up 63 (kinda hard to do with MJ on your team), and he isn't the scorer that Kobe is....but you can really argue that he was better than Kobe at everything else outside of scoring. And even though he never put up 63 or 81, I don't believe I have ever seen Kobe have the type of season Pippen did in 94 (22, 9 boards, 6 dimes, 3 rips, .8 blocks, 49% from the field, 32% from the arc).

I would give the nod to the guy that can take over offensively though. But Pippen is one of the few players that I have seen dominate games and playoff series with his defense.