PDA

View Full Version : What a massive choke job by DEN...

DrHouse
05-19-2009, 10:56 PM
Once again proving why no George Karl led team will ever win a god damn thing. They had no business losing this game, just embarrassing how they folded in the end.

Chauncey Billups can't single handedly make Melo, Kmart, and the rest of those morons clutch players who make smart plays down the stretch.

I just gotta laugh at Nugget fans. I'm sorry. Your team is pathetic.

Ghazi
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Fail

21_Blessings
05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Even with the officials help (see billups stepping out on that three, clearly) they still choked.

Brazil
05-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Even with the officials help (see billups stepping out on that three, clearly) they still choked.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

u4lakers14
05-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Fail

you just dont like threads about chokers do you?

iggypop123
why run pick and rolls with billups when melo is hot. stupid

TampaDude
Naah...the Nuggz lost this game at the FT line.

dougp
05-19-2009, 11:06 PM

Even with Kobe fouling Smith on the rebound, you guys would have probably won.

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Denver lost this game on the glass. LA got up 16 more shots than they did. Gasol's a monster on the offensive glass when you send two defenders at Kobe.

21_Blessings
05-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Even with Kobe fouling Smith on the rebound, you guys would have probably won.

He obviously flopped.

Meanwhile, Denver got every single ticky tack foul all game and 3 extra points from an illegal Billups shot that came when he was out of bounds.

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Game not decided by refs key turnovers, and missed Ft's as well as 2nd chance points were key ...
Also Kobe may not get 40 but Melo may not either ...

Brazil
05-19-2009, 11:17 PM
He obviously flopped.

Meanwhile, Denver got every single ticky tack foul all game and 3 extra points from an illegal Billups shot that came when he was out of bounds.

:sleep yeah the ref have helped Denver just :lmao

JustBlaze
05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Once again proving why no George Karl led team will ever win a god damn thing. They had no business losing this game, just embarrassing how they folded in the end.

Chauncey Billups can't single handedly make Melo, Kmart, and the rest of those morons clutch players who make smart plays down the stretch.

I just gotta laugh at Nugget fans. I'm sorry. Your team is pathetic.

Pathetic? Since when is losing by only 2 points considered pathetic? You want to know what's pathetic? All the little touch fouls that Kobe gets every game. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned, my team showed up to play in your building, couple of bad possessions, and ultimately, that retarded coach of ours cost us the game. Lakers better be ready because Nuggets are coming to compete every game, no matter whose building it is.

DrHouse
05-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Losing by 2 pts is not pathetic.

Losing a game you had no business losing is pathetic.

Medvedenko
05-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Not really a choke job...just some inopportune missed free throws and a few bad passes. Kobe hit the line and converted...game over. Good game by the Nuggets and they surprised me on how good they played D.

HarlemHeat37
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
it was pretty clearly a choke job..

any time you shoot 65% on around 35 free throws, that's choking..

horrible decisions, especially at the end of the game..

the free throws are what I'm going to point to though..Denver is always going to make bad decisions, and LA is naturally going to out-rebound them, so I can't point at either..the free throws and the inability to get Anthony the ball more often were the main factors here..

TJastal
05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
He obviously flopped.

Never ceases to amaze me the sense of entitlement some laker fans have. They are so used to getting every single call all game long and when they only get 60-70% of the calls go their way they cry foul.

Fucking hilarious.

turiaf for president
05-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Kobe still made 40, will that happen in game 2.. NO!

hes got a better chance scoring 40 on jones and carter than melo going 39 on kobe and ariza again.....

Rogue
05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Compared to the impeccable job the Refs did tonight, that actually was a choke job by DEN.

TJastal
05-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Losing by 2 pts is not pathetic.

Losing a game you had no business losing is pathetic.

Its called jitters my friend. This is new territory for the young nuggets, and its not pathetic at all, its normal.

Give em another game and I bet they settle down, and once they do the lakers better watch out.

crc21209
05-19-2009, 11:29 PM
:lol Lakers barely steal and sneak out a win and you're in here talking shit? Nuggets still look like the better team in the series.

HarlemHeat37
05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
at the end of the day, LA won a game they were supposed to win at home..Denver needs to take care of their homecourt..they just have to get 1 in LA at some point..tonight should have been the game they took, but they didn't, it happens..they just have to go hard again..

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
LA just beat a team they were supposed to beat?

iggypop123
05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Its called jitters my friend. This is new territory for the young nuggets, and its not pathetic at all, its normal.

Give em another game and I bet they settle down, and once they do the lakers better watch out.

the experienced billups has a bad game and the new guy in town melo goes nuts and you say its jitters?

Crookshanks
05-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I bet none of the Denver players are getting much sleep tonight. They're going to keep replaying all those missed freethrows and the boneheaded plays that cost them the game.

But I bet they come out really pissed and even hungrier for a win in game 2. The Fakers really should be concerned.

But I didn't realize that Denver is such a poor freethrow shooting team - the announcers said they were 20th in the league in the regular season. You can't shoot that poorly and hope to win a close game.

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
What is Dr. House doing back here.....don't recall seeing him when the Lakers were struggling. Frontrunneritis kicking in?

TJastal
05-20-2009, 12:24 AM
the experienced billups has a bad game and the new guy in town melo goes nuts and you say its jitters?

Yup, I thought it was obvious they had the jitters. This is the first year with a new point guard in the biggest game of their franchise's history. They are bound to have some growing pains and jitters to start with.

Right now the lakers have the experience edge and yes, they also have the better closer in Kobe Bryant. But at the rate Melo is learning he is going to surpass him real quick.

21_Blessings
05-20-2009, 12:29 AM
LA just beat a team they were supposed to beat?

And San Antonio lost to a terrible team they were supposed to beat in the 1st round.

baseline bum
05-20-2009, 12:35 AM
And San Antonio lost to a terrible team they were supposed to beat in the 1st round.

Backdoor sweep

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 12:35 AM

The Lakers barely beat a team on its last leg and might've lost had it not been for injuries.

JustBlaze
05-20-2009, 12:36 AM
When you blow a 13 point lead and shoot twice as many free throws as the other team.

A 13 point lead in what, the first quarter? GTFO. It would've been a choke job had Denver had a 13 point lead going into the 4th though.

Allanon
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
There wasn't any choking by the Nuggets, Lakers just beat a team they were supposed to beat. Nothing personal against the Nuggets but the Nuggets just aren't that good.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:38 AM
The Lakers barely beat a team on its last leg and might've lost had it not been for injuries.
but we beat them...unmotivated and lazy in all, we still beat them. END GAME.

Where are the Spurs? they're fuckin fishin.

DeadlyDynasty
There wasn't any choking by the Nuggets, Lakers just beat a team they were supposed to beat. Nothing personal against the Nuggets but the Nuggets just aren't that good.
you seem unusually confident about this series

NewJerSpur
Lets see, the Spurs got curbstomped by the Mavs, the Mavs got curbstomped by the Thuggets, and now the Thuggets will get curbstomped by the Lakers.

I think the Lakers will take the series, but Kobe looks to be aging a little more with every series and Denver is playing him just as tough as the Rockets did.

Allanon
05-20-2009, 12:39 AM
you seem unusually confident about this series

Just doing my best SpursDynasty impression since he won't be back for awhile.

Ghazi
05-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Nuggets just aren't that good.

I tried telling people this last round when they lucked past our beloved Mavs with some bullshit shots and whistles.

What happens when the BS stops happening though? Then what.

I expect Game 2 to be less competitive, with Lakers winning by 15+.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:40 AM
I think the Lakers will take the series, but Kobe looks to be aging a little more with every series and Denver is playing him just as tough as the Rockets did.
Denver has nowhere near the excellent perimeter defenders that Houston had.

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 12:41 AM
DEN isn't playing Kobe tough. They're fouling him on pretty much every play and daring the refs to blow the whistle.

It backfired big time in the crunch and Kobe hit 4 F/T's that basically won the game for LAL.

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 12:42 AM
but we beat them...unmotivated and lazy in all, we still beat them. END GAME.

Where are the Spurs? they're fuckin fishin.

Barely was the key word. You'd face tougher competition coming out of the East. The Spurs have never lost in the Finals, the Lakers have in recent history. We'll retool and be right back in the thick of things.

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 12:44 AM
DEN isn't playing Kobe tough. They're fouling him on pretty much every play and daring the refs to blow the whistle.

It backfired big time in the crunch and Kobe hit 4 F/T's that basically won the game for LAL.

Where was your defense of your team in the last series House, we missed you, lol. It's the playoffs and Denver is actually playing Kobe pretty cleanly from what I've seen; fronting him and pulling out the chair aren't dirty in my book, don't let his yelping fool you. He on the other hand was mugging Melo because he wasn't strong enough to fight him for positioning.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Barely was the key word. You'd face tougher competition coming out of the East. The Spurs have never lost in the Finals, the Lakers have in recent history. We'll retool and be right back in the thick of things.
retool with what? You can't replace Tim Duncan and the man obviously will never be the same again. His body can't handle the rigors of an 82-game season anymore...Manu can't stay healthy anymore. at least ya'll still Luis Scola..........:(

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 12:52 AM
retool with what? You can't replace Tim Duncan and the man obviously will never be the same again. His body can't handle the rigors of an 82-game season anymore...Manu can't stay healthy anymore. at least ya'll still Luis Scola..........:(

1) Tim had to push his body to the limits to help the team keep its head above water while Manu AND Tony were out. If he has a little more help along the frontline to do some of the dirty work it will keep him fresher....hell, having TP and Manu to start the season will make things a bit easier on him. The rest the early offseason has afforded him is also doing his knees good although it may not be something he prefers.

2) Where is the proof Manu won't be able to stay healthy?

EDIT: As good as you guys made Scola look, be glad we didn't have him last year or the series might've went differently between out teams.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:56 AM
1) Tim had to push his body to the limits to help the team keep its head above water while Manu AND Tony were out. If he has a little more help along the frontline to do some of the dirty work it will keep him fresher....hell, having TP and Manu to start the season will make things a bit easier on him. The rest the early offseason has afforded him is also doing his knees good although it may not be something he prefers.

2) Where is the proof Manu won't be able to stay healthy?
he's either been badly banged up or out at the ends of the past two seasons, and he isn't getting any younger. When the Dallas Mavericks beat you convincingly in the playoffs, injuries or not, you know you're far from contending for the title

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 01:01 AM
he's either been badly banged up or out at the ends of the past two seasons, and he isn't getting any younger. When the Dallas Mavericks beat you convincingly in the playoffs, injuries or not, you know you're far from contending for the title

It's not "injured or not" when one of your stars is hobbled and one of your biggest offensive catalysts FOR THE ENTIRE TEAM and closers is out...Manu's presence alone might've steemed the tide in game 1 when Dallas made their charge and might've helped in Game 4 when we made ours.

The area Gino originally had issues with was healing and when he began to have problems with his other leg. Keep wishing though.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 01:04 AM
It's not "injured or not" when one of your stars is hobbled and one of your biggest offensive catalysts FOR THE ENTIRE TEAM and closers is out...Manu's presence alone might've steemed the tide in game 1 when Dallas made their charge and might've helped in Game 4 when we made ours.

The area Gino originally had issues with was healing and when he began to have problems with his other leg. Keep wishing though.
wishing what?...it's already happened before our very eyes. I feel for you guys...some of you still think this team has a run in them. What you don't realize is that there are now a handful of teams in the west who are younger and more talented than SA

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 01:04 AM
:lmao at Spur fan trying to rationalize his team's future.

The Spurs are DONE. Your team is not going to compete for a championship for a LONG time. Tim Duncan is on his last legs and Manu can't stay healthy for a whole season. You have no bench and little to no developing talent. You threw away Scola, botched Splitter, and are praying some kid named Mahinimi is going to save you.

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 01:10 AM
wishing what?...it's already happened before our very eyes. I feel for you guys...some of you still think this team has a run in them. What you don't realize is that there are now a handful of teams in the west who are younger and more talented than SA

:rolleyes

People were saying the same thing in 2006.

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 01:16 AM
:lmao at Spur fan trying to rationalize his team's future.

The Spurs are DONE. Your team is not going to compete for a championship for a LONG time. Tim Duncan is on his last legs and Manu can't stay healthy for a whole season. You have no bench and little to no developing talent. You threw away Scola, botched Splitter, and are praying some kid named Mahinimi is going to save you.

Where were you when your team was struggling a few days ago....hadn't seen you in a while. :lol And if they come back healthier than you expected your point is moot. Developing talent depends on what comes of guys like Hill, Gist, the draftees of this coming offseason, and players that may surface from the D-League. That and possibly free agency will provide depth as well.

The Lakers have no leadership outside of an aging Kobe who is finding it more difficult to dominate games as well as questionable heart and toughness. Your team is worse than it was last year, WITH BYNUM. The question is, will Kobe stick around to babysit if his Lakers don't go all the way?

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 01:17 AM
:rolleyes

People were saying the same thing in 2006.
that was 3 years ago...even the "every other year" trend is gone now. It's OVER. how much do you wanna bet the Spurs go ringless over the next five years?

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 01:20 AM
that was 3 years ago...even the "every other year" trend is gone now. It's OVER. how much do you wanna bet the Spurs go ringless over the next five years?

Counting this season, we'll only be 2 years removed from our last championship....our longest drought was 3 years. I'm not too worried. We were an old team after we won in '99 and we revamped the roster and remodeled the offense to go on to win 3 more rings. Again, I'm not worried. Will Kobe stick around to babysit if his young team doesn't get the job done?

sribb43
05-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Not really a choke job...just some inopportune missed free throws and a few bad passes. Kobe hit the line and converted...game over. Good game by the Nuggets and they surprised me on how good they played D.

In Mavs land, thats what is referred to as a choke job

HORNSWOGGLE
05-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

ballhog
05-20-2009, 07:50 AM

For sure.

2Cleva
05-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Compared to the impeccable job the Refs did tonight, that actually was a choke job by DEN.

Ain't that the truth.

That ref crew was the same one that did Game 1 of the Houston/LA series. If the Lakers never have that crew again it will be too soon.

SenorSpur
05-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Series of missed FTs, careless turnovers and questionable coaching decisions by the "Rich-n-creamies".