PDA

View Full Version : This was a DEVASTATING loss for DEN

DrHouse
05-19-2009, 11:19 PM
To lose a game like this when you basically outplayed the other team for most of the game is just crushing to a team's confidence. They had no business losing with the way they were playing, shutting down the Laker's interior and dominating the paint on offense. The refs were good to them as well giving them the decisive advantage at the line.

IMHO DEN will not recover from this.

TampaDude
05-19-2009, 11:20 PM
To lose a game like this when you basically outplayed the other team for most of the game is just crushing to a team's confidence. They had no business losing with the way they were playing, shutting down the Laker's interior and dominating the paint on offense. The refs were good to them as well giving them the decisive advantage at the line.

+1 Lakers will sweep. Book it. :toast

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Your opinion is never humble douche, and :lmao @ trying to convince yourself that the series is over after the first fucking game!

iggypop123
05-19-2009, 11:22 PM
i thought magic said it

crc21209
05-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Nuggets in 6 still.

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Series is not over we need a strong win or a crushing win like this one ...to finish them off ...I still say this goes at least 6 ...

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
When it comes to helping deliver crushing losses ...Dfish is only 2nd to Robert Horry ...

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
If we get better Refs in games 2-4, we might have a chance. The Nuggets were handed the game but Kobe stole it away from them and even took time to flip off the fucking refs!

tlongII
05-19-2009, 11:26 PM
The Lakers got every fucking call down the stretch but what do you expect?

HarlemHeat37
05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
the refs weren't a problem in regards to bias to a certain team..I really hope I don't have to list the officiating on both sides, because LA got a few more biased calls IMO..

Denver should have won, they choked..they played pretty poorly though..Billups couldn't make anything, Smith couldn't make anything, they failed to get Anthony the ball more, LA made more 3s than anybody would expect from their average shooters..

it'll be a competitive series..

tlongII
05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm actually surprised that the Nuggets played the Lakers as tough as they did. The Blazers are the only Western team that can beat the Lakers, but that will have to wait until next year.

ElNono
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
IMHO, it's the complete opposite. They should feel real good. They went to Staples, controlled the game most of the time, outplayed the Lakers front court, missed a lot of free throws, Billups didn't have a good game, and they almost still pull out a win.
They're playing in LA, so basically they're playing with house money.
And as bad as that Carter play was, they should be happy it happened in the first game. Now they know he can't be in those situations.

MambaJuice2408
05-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Yeah if it wasn't for bad fouls and a few bad shots by the Nuggets when they head their foot at our throats they should have easily one. That Wilbon guy said it well when he mentioned that he was waiting for them to make silly plays to cost them.

I doubt their bigs outplay ours by this drastic a margin as they did today. That's what makes it such a bad loss on their part. Lakers bigs disgusted me out there today. Especially Bynum with his lack of knowledge of when to give a foul. Kid commited his 4th foul in the opening minute of the 3rd quarter. BOZO

Brazil
05-19-2009, 11:29 PM
House is back !
look at him with his truffle hot: wriggling, stirring the tail, woofing, posting stupid threads...

JustBlaze
05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Lmao, ain't nothing over dumbass. We're just getting started. That was a great game, a little disappointed with the results, but i know this team will bounce back like they've done after every losses in the Playoffs.:downspin: BTW, no series is official over until a team wins on the road.

DrHouse
05-19-2009, 11:30 PM
You don't get it. For the road team, Game 1 is always the easiest one to steal. Especially when your team has more time to prepare than the other team.

Now Phil can make his adjustments and this series will take a much different turn.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Lakers lose game 3, then close the series in 5.

Interesting sig

JustBlaze
05-19-2009, 11:33 PM
If we get better Refs in games 2-4, we might have a chance. The Nuggets were handed the game but Kobe stole it away from them and even took time to flip off the fucking refs!

Get that weak shit outta here. Nuggets have been the #1 team at getting to the line for like the past couple seasons now. This team ain't no soft jump shooting team like some other teams, won't mention any names. Where have you been?

iggypop123
05-19-2009, 11:33 PM
damn all the nuggets fans in their respective forums ant bitching about the refs. just saying they choked. i guess spurs fans hurt more than denver fans

ElNono
05-19-2009, 11:34 PM
You don't get it. For the road team, Game 1 is always the easiest one to steal. Especially when your team has more time to prepare than the other team.

Now Phil can make his adjustments and this series will take a much different turn.

Like the Houston series?
The biggest problem the Lakers have is defense. They're allowing 30+ point quarters like there's no tomorrow. They did it against Houston, and people here claimed it was bad matchups. Now they're doing it again against Denver.
If the Lakers played a semblance of the defense they played very early during the regular season they would be breezing through right now.

DeadlyDynasty
05-19-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm actually surprised that the Nuggets played the Lakers as tough as they did. The Blazers are the only Western team that can beat the Lakers, but that will have to wait until next year.

just STFU you pre-teen douche...The Blazers were first-round fodder, GET OVER IT. You beat the Lakers in your own building but get blown out both games in LA and suddenly you can take the Lakers in a series? :lmao

Seriously though, STFU already...the Blazers are a distant memory

baseline bum
05-19-2009, 11:35 PM
The only worse way to lose is to make a monster comeback and then get beaten at the end (like LA in game 5 against the Spurs in 03 or the Spurs against LA in game 5 in 04).

j.dizzle
05-19-2009, 11:37 PM

:lol True datttttt..What did they get..24 hours to get ready for this game while Denver had a week. This was Denvers best chance..Reminded me of game 1 vs Houston..Too bad Nuggets are a bunch of freakin airheads haha :toast

j.dizzle
05-19-2009, 11:39 PM
42-0

JustBlaze
05-19-2009, 11:42 PM

You say all that like it's a given. As for the cute little excuse having to due with the lack of time to make adjustments and whatnot, I can do the same by bringing up Denver's 5 day layoff or argue that Denver's going to come out in game 2 even stronger than they did after their disappointing loss.

Man In Black
05-19-2009, 11:45 PM
42-0
LAX hasn't won a title since ...
seven seasons ago.

After this playoff season, you will be able to say...
Eight Seasons Ago.

Book it.
:lobt2:<-Not going to Figueroa Street.

sa_kid20
05-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh please. Denver lost Game 1 on the road by two points and you're saying they won't recover? Denver should have won which only shows they are more than capable of beating the Fakers on their home court. I think LA will have a harder time winning a game in Denver than Denver winning in LA. Nuggets will take a game in LA at some point and they are extremely tough at home. So basically i'm still saying Nuggets in 6 even after this loss tonight.

Man In Black
05-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Why wait...with that switch mentality the LAX has going on, a miracle isn't needed.
A fix may be though...You better call the Circle of Seven.

Jacob1983
05-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Stop crying about the refs. The Nuggets shot 11 more free throws than the Lakers. Don't blame the refs of the Nuggets missing 12 free throws. The Nuggets choked on Kobe's dick. Plain and simple.

j.dizzle
05-19-2009, 11:51 PM
LAX hasn't won a title since ...
seven seasons ago.

After this playoff season, you will be able to say...
Eight Seasons Ago.

Book it.
:lobt2:<-Not going to Figueroa Street.

schweeeeeeeet :lol

Killakobe81
05-19-2009, 11:56 PM
The funny thing is tht there are Spur fans (amd others) who are just rooting against us ...rather than rooting for good basketball.

Look I love the Lakers and want them to win bad. But if they did lose to the Nugz I will root against the Cavs ...even though I like Lebron I cant stand Mo williams ...
But What i will root for even more is good basket ball we have (at most) 20 games left in the NBA season ...
Win or lose i hope we have some series like Boston vs. Bulls in at least 1 of the 3 left ...

TampaDude
05-19-2009, 11:59 PM
The funny thing is tht there are Spur fans (amd others) who are just rooting against us ...rather than rooting for good basketball.

Look I love the Lakers and want them to win bad. But if they did lose to the Nugz I will root against the Cavs ...even though I like Lebron I cant stand Mo williams ...
But What i will root for even more is good basket ball we have (at most) 20 games left in the NBA season ...
Win or lose i hope we have some series like Boston vs. Bulls in at least 1 of the 3 left ...

That was an entertaining game tonight...except for all the missed FTs... :lol

peskypesky
05-19-2009, 11:59 PM

:sleep

MambaJuice2408
05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Phil is 42-0 when he wins the first game of a series.

The rest of the series is just a formality. Props to Denver for not being the chumps they were last year. Our biggest test comes in the Finals in game 1 @ the Q.

TJastal
05-20-2009, 12:05 AM

Too bad your team doesn't practice what you preach. The lakers have been the epitomy of dirty plays this year, and are becoming a real black eye on the league.

Kobe should have been assessed a flagrant foul or worse IMO when he deliberately rammed his shoulder into Kenyon Martin. He's very lucky the refs weren't paying attention on that particular sequence.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Too bad your team doesn't practice what you preach. The lakers have been the epitomy of dirty plays this year, and are becoming a real black eye on the league.

Kobe should have been assessed a flagrant foul or worse IMO when he deliberately rammed his shoulder into Kenyon Martin. He's very lucky the refs weren't paying attention on that particular sequence.
take a midol and change your pad

MambaJuice2408
05-20-2009, 12:09 AM

Some people just look to be offended I guess

SPURSGOAT
05-20-2009, 12:10 AM
The Nuggets should bounce back fine... they had like 11 or 12 missed free throws and there were some other things they could have done better in the 4th that could have sewen this up too... I don't think this will be as devastating to Denver as some might think... Denver will take this series.

MambaJuice2408
05-20-2009, 12:13 AM
Can we get SD up in here?

Amaso
05-20-2009, 12:14 AM
The refs giftwrapped this game for the Nuggets. My brother who is a die hard Rocket fan/anti Laker fan even started to see the light.

HarlemHeat37
05-20-2009, 12:15 AM
ugh, I really don't want to list the questionable calls on both ends..

just a note..just because Kobe complains, it doesn't mean it was a foul..just because a team has the FT advantage, it doesn't make it bad officiating..

MambaJuice2408
05-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Until the Nuggets coaches or players complain about bad officiating. I'm left to assume the game was won fair and square. :toast

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:18 AM
ugh, I really don't want to list the questionable calls on both ends..

just a note..just because Kobe complains, it doesn't mean it was a foul..just because a team has the FT advantage, it doesn't make it bad officiating..
and just because you hate the Lakers and can't judge them unbiasedly, it doesn't mean they get all the calls

HarlemHeat37
05-20-2009, 12:22 AM
and just because you hate the Lakers and can't judge them unbiasedly, it doesn't mean they get all the calls

I listed all the favorable calls in the game thread through half time..would you like me to list the ones in the 2nd half, and you can tell me whether or not you agree?..

I definitely hate the Lakers, but I don't post anything without facts and evidence..

mytespurs
05-20-2009, 12:28 AM

I don't think its so much rooting against your team or good basketball....I think it's more the behavior & attitude of some fans that borders on arrogance & in some cases, obnoxious when your team wins....and this is not directed to only those few Lakers fan....I've seen it here with Spurs fans, mavericks fans, celtics fan, etc. But I guess that's the culture that is smacktalk. :hat

holcs50
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Obviously this series is far from over.....Only the Lakers homers that come on a spurs forum think otherwise. Funny thing is I've lived in SoCal my whole life and I have at least 10 die hard good friends who are lakers fans and they are all smart enough to say this series is far from over. It's only the tards that blindly look at the score and see 1-0 that think its in the books.

NEWSFLASH homers-you have a long series ahead

tlongII
05-20-2009, 12:43 AM
just STFU you pre-teen douche...The Blazers were first-round fodder, GET OVER IT. You beat the Lakers in your own building but get blown out both games in LA and suddenly you can take the Lakers in a series? :lmao

I'm sure you will be very proud of your consecutive NBA Runnersup finishes! We're taking you out early in the playoffs next postseason.

21_Blessings
05-20-2009, 12:45 AM
I'm sure you will be very proud of your consecutive NBA Runnersup finishes! We're taking you out early in the playoffs next postseason.

Crawl back to whatever shit hole you came from. Oden is a terrible bust and your franchise will remain LAL's playoff bitch indefinitely.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:48 AM

hey, if believing that helps you sleep at night then more power to ya.

Will Portland hold another parade if they make the playoffs again next year?:rollin

iggypop123
05-20-2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qvr65U9fg

Karl looks devastated.

tlongII
05-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey, I would be pissed at me too! It's no fun when you see a fan of the team that you know in your heart will be your eventual conquerors.

ElNono
05-20-2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qvr65U9fg

Karl looks devastated.

I guess you never seen George Karl before. :wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:59 AM
Hey, I would be pissed at me too! It's no fun when you see a fan of the team that you know in your heart will be your eventual conquerors.
pissed? We love you! you're a glutton for punishment and your stupidity is boundless in its entertainment. W/O you, we'd be missing out on gems like "Welcome to hell Rockets, now grab a seat." :toast

SenorSpur
05-20-2009, 09:42 AM

Sadly, I tend to agree. If the Nuggs were ever going to steal a game away from the Fakers, THIS was the one they needed to get.

Fakers know they got away lucky in Game 1. Expect them the team to play much better in Game 2.

Because these Nugs don't have a track record of proven playoff success, I tend to doubt their ability to overcome this type of emotional downturn. We'll find out what they're made of, but I believe this most recent loss will linger over them the entire series.

By the way, if anyone saw the post-game press conference, George Karl acted so emotionally distraught that one would've thought he had lost his mother. Perhaps a reflection of the great disappointment of his crew.

florige
05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
IMHO, it's the complete opposite. They should feel real good. They went to Staples, controlled the game most of the time, outplayed the Lakers front court, missed a lot of free throws, Billups didn't have a good game, and they almost still pull out a win.
They're playing in LA, so basically they're playing with house money.
And as bad as that Carter play was, they should be happy it happened in the first game. Now they know he can't be in those situations.

This almost feels like Deja Vu all over again only its the Nuggets and not us. We were controlling LA in the first game in Staples everything looking good, then we totally collaspe in the 4th. We never recovered from that. Hopefully Denver can.

Capt Bringdown
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
By the way, if anyone saw the post-game press conference, George Karl acted so emotionally distraught that one would've thought he had lost his mother. Perhaps a reflection of the great disappointment of his crew.

Perhaps he knows that PJ has never lost a playoff series in which his team has won the first game. I believe he's 49-0.

That's gotta be one of the most intimidating stats in basketball.

jack sommerset
05-20-2009, 11:13 AM
This series is going 7 unless Bynum plays like he did before he got hurt.

Sportcamper
05-20-2009, 11:14 AM

Tlong is my favorite poster...Long live Greg Oden...:lol

sonic21
05-20-2009, 11:21 AM
JR and Billups didn't show up and the game was still close.

Nuggets in 6.

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Perhaps he knows that PJ has never lost a playoff series in which his team has won the first game. I believe he's 49-0.

That's gotta be one of the most intimidating stats in basketball.

Exactly Karl looked like a defeated man in that press conference. He knows he let a GOLDEN opportunity slip away.

lefty
05-20-2009, 11:57 AM

Naaah

Nuggets : 23-35 FT; they missed 12 easy points !!!!! :bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Karl: dumb

Kmart: dumb

Nuggets beat themselves.

RedsLakers24
05-20-2009, 12:07 PM
JR and Billups didn't show up and the game was still close.

Nuggets in 6.

No one showed up for the Lakere Except Kobe and they still won

Morg1411
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Exactly Karl looked like a defeated man in that press conference. He knows he let a GOLDEN opportunity slip away.

Stop jerking off. You're making the rest of us feel...uncomfortable.

Good game. Too bad the Thuggetz couldn't close out, but I have confidence they'll bounce back. I'm sticking with Nuggets in 6: fuck L.A.

jmanu20
05-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I will agree with the OP that the Nugs let a major opportunity slip away. Billups had an uncharacteristically bad night at the free throw line....as did the rest of the Nuggets. If Billups had made the three he missed, Nugs win by 1.

Don't rely on statistics too much.....the Boston Celtics were 32-0 when up 3-2 in a series...and look how much that meant against the Magic.

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't care for statistics either.

What I do know is it is always difficult to bounce back after you've blown a golden opportunity. Look at what happened to last year's Spurs and Suns teams. Both had golden opportunities to win Game 1 and completely choked them away. Neither team advanced, both got trounced 4-1.

G-Nob
05-20-2009, 03:00 PM
This thread is douche-a-rrific!

stretch
05-20-2009, 03:02 PM
does drhouse ever shut the shit up?

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 03:03 PM

My words exactly.

stretch
he has 2000 too many posts on spurstalk. a pinking should be in order

Spursfan092120
nope..

HANNIBAL SMITH
05-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Melo Shot lights out, Martin, Nene and the Birdman out played the Lakers front court, the Nuggets outshot the Lakers from the line and from the field, they were allowed to play their mugging style defense, and at the end...........they still lost. This was a game that had nuggets victory written all over it and they didn't get it done. I doubt they're beating the Lakers in game 2, Melo wont score at that clip again and i fully expect the Lakers to play better offensively. The Nuggets arent beating the Lakers if the Lakers score over 100.

Morg1411
05-20-2009, 03:35 PM

Unfortunately, no. He (she?) is an attention whore who loves pushing buttons, and too many Spurs fans around here are willing to bite. (Myself included, usually...oh, well, I admit I have a short fuse.)

For the most part, I think he/she is as funny as hell. Anyone who thrives on getting this much antagonistic attention from strangers over the internet has some serious social issues.

DPG21920
05-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I am lost, I must be in the wrong thread.

benefactor
05-21-2009, 10:56 PM
This was a devastating loss for the Lakers.

TheProfessor
05-21-2009, 10:58 PM
IMHO LAL will not recover from this.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 10:58 PM
This was a devastating loss for the Lakers.

IMHO LAL will not recover from this.
:lmao:lmao

ElNono
05-21-2009, 11:01 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

SouthTexasRancher
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM

In your sorryASS opinion Denver won't recover?????

Nurse SingleWide Trailer House, have you ever been correct on anything??? LMFAO@U

Denver about to go up 3-1 as it now moves to Denver. The LaLa Land Fakerettes may lose one of these games by 20+ points.

ElNono
05-21-2009, 11:03 PM

Another epic failure of coaching from Phil.

He takes out Bynum, Nuggets go on a huge run.

He's simply one of the worst in-game coaches I've ever seen. He refuses to make any adjustments. Just stubborn as a mule.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

benefactor
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Seems like left hand and right hand aren't typing on the same keyboard.

TheProfessor
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Laker fans, you need to turn on this guy. He's a jinx thread factory.

DPG21920
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Now DeadlyDynasty will ask why are Spurs fans posting in a Laker's thread and then post a picture of a broken record, then say we have been owned so many times, then copy my humor by posting shhhh, girl.

angelbelow
05-21-2009, 11:08 PM
if you thought the nuggets were going to give up in the WCF and be unable to forget about one loss then you still have a lot of learning to do about life and about basketball.

Xylus
05-21-2009, 11:42 PM
This thread is a devastating loss for DrHouse.

JustBlaze
05-22-2009, 12:01 AM
:lol

MiamiHeat
05-22-2009, 12:48 AM
Another epic failure of coaching from Phil.

He takes out Bynum, Nuggets go on a huge run.

He's simply one of the worst in-game coaches I've ever seen. He refuses to make any adjustments. Just stubborn as a mule.

http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/552399/medium

http://www.sports-hotline.com.tw/jordan/images/1998-0614-2.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/0408/nba_g_bulls1_sw_576.jpg

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7200/kobetopper.jpg

http://fourhorsementattoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kobe-crying.jpg

NUFF SAID

05-22-2009, 12:53 AM
aww where's drhouse? no response? he went through all this trouble to milk the first lakers victory and he doesn't show up after?