PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it Spurs fans???

TheMACHINE
05-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Is it worth getting emotionally invested with teams that play against the Lakers. It's already EXTREMEMLY depressing that your very own team is fishing...but I can only imagine how it feels to jump on a bandwagon of another team, only to get your hearts broken a second or even third time. I'm sure 99.9% of you fans are all over Denvers nutz. Why not just jump on the "winning" teams bandwagon so you can feel happy atleast once this year. You're team is on the downhill. Timmy is done. Manu is done. Plenty of room in LA's bandwagon.

:lol

Spurs lose first round = spurs fans sad
Rockets lose first round = spurs fans sad
Denver lose first game = spurs fan suicide watch

How much more can you guys take?! Props for the resilience you guys show. :lmao

peskypesky
05-19-2009, 11:53 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzz

JamStone
05-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Is it worth getting emotionally obsessed with Sasha Vujacic?

How's that going by the way?

TheMACHINE
zzzzzzzzzzzz

im just saying...

;)

Man In Black
SEVENS SEASON AGO...you last saw the LOB.
After this playoffs, it'll be EIGHT SEASONS AGO.
A Kobe Bryant Led Laker team will not win the title.
Signed-
NostradaManInBlack

TheMACHINE
Is it worth getting emotionally obsessed over Sasha Vujacic?

How's that going by the way?

its awesome! Hows your pistons? (you knew that was coming)

JamStone
05-19-2009, 11:56 PM
My Pistons suck. I was here posting when they lost. I laughed at them. They were really bad this past season.

Is it worth getting emotionally invested in trying to be internet cool?

DrHouse
05-19-2009, 11:57 PM
:lmao this thread is pure comedic gold because it's so true

DeadlyDynasty
Signed-
NostradaManInBlack

http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

:sleep

TampaDude
Signed-
NostradaManInBlack

^this

TheMACHINE
05-19-2009, 11:58 PM
My Pistons suck. I was here posting when they lost. I laughed at them. They were really bad this past season.

Is it worth getting emotionally invested in trying to be internet cool?

cool story, bro

Man In Black
05-20-2009, 12:01 AM
If ya think about it...

It's kinda needed:

One postulates that when a force, such as Laker fan and the ilk they are spawned of, which includes media blowhards who fawn for Q and TV ratings, starts to grow exponentially, the ONLY way to counter that is to have other teams fan combine and work to be an immovable object.
In essence...it breaks down to the following:

THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND.

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 12:03 AM
:lmao at how pathetic Spur fan is.

When MY team loses I don't give two shits who wins because I'm not so pathetic I need to get satisfaction watching some OTHER team do what MY team couldn't do.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 12:03 AM
If ya think about it...

It's kinda needed:

One postulates that when a force, such as Laker fan and the ilk they are spawned of, which includes media blowhards who fawn for Q and TV ratings, starts to grow exponentially, the ONLY way to counter that is to have other teams fan combine and work to be an immovable object.

so in conclusion, ur prepared to be depressed mulitple times in the post season.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Is it worth getting emotionally invested with teams that play against the Lakers. It's already EXTREMEMLY depressing that your very own team is fishing...but I can only imagine how it feels to jump on a bandwagon of another team, only to get your hearts broken a second or even third time. I'm sure 99.9% of you fans are all over Denvers nutz. Why not just jump on the "winning" teams bandwagon so you can feel happy atleast once this year. You're team is on the downhill. Timmy is done. Manu is done. Plenty of room in LA's bandwagon.

If by true you mean wrong, which is not truth.

HarlemHeat37
05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
it's not about Spurs fans at all..

the Lakers are the most hated franchise in the NBA, you can see that by looking at any team's message board..there isn't really any other team that comes close..

there are many reasons why...

- they're the team of bandwagoners..like the Cowboys..

- the media pushes shoves them down our throats, even when they're average, like 2005, 2006, and 2007..

- their franchise success has been heavily based on the fact that the location of their team is in Los Angeles, the most desirable place to play in sports..

- the bias from the NBA and officiating..

- the amount of low-character guys on the team throughout their history, particularly Kobe Bryant..

- the most annoying and horrible fanbase in the NBA..not all of them are bad, don't get me wrong..there are some good ones here like Allanon, and RealGM has a number of good ones..every fanbase has annoying and bad fans, but Laker fans take the crown, particularly Kobe homers..

duncan228
05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Not this Spurs fan.

It's easier not being emotionally involved. If the Spurs aren't playing I'm just a fan of the game.

Kori Ellis
05-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Is it weird that you spend your lives on Spurs forum talking about the Lakers? Is it weirder that you are trying to taunt Spurs fans when you are playing the Nuggets? :wtf

I'm not even it sure I understand the question in your post whether it's "worth it." I don't think many Spurs fans are "extremely depressed" about the Spurs being out of the playoffs. Nor do I think many people get "emotionally invested" in teams they aren't really a fan of.

Personally, I don't like the Nuggets and I want a Lakers vs Cavs Finals. *shrug*

Man In Black
05-20-2009, 12:12 AM
http://actingschmacting.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/broken-record.jpg

:sleep

Nice Argentine Ass Pic :hat Butt....Here is the simple truth...I don't have to call them anything else but 7SA...UNTIL they prove that they can win a title with Kobe at the helm. Admit it...you're all worried Lakerfan. You guys won't be able to stand it should the alleged one not win a finals with him as the #1 reason...I can tell you're worried...I see a tear in your eye. :cry

Better watch out, because should Kobe fail YET AGAIN in his quest, Y'all will be looking and feeling like this guy right here.
http://i40.tinypic.com/jrzfo5.jpg

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Is it weird that you spend your lives on Spurs forum talking about the Lakers? Is it weirder that you are trying to taunt Spurs fans when you are playing the Nuggets? :wtf

I'm not even it sure I understand the question in your post whether it's "worth it." I don't think many Spurs fans are "extremely depressed" about the Spurs being out of the playoffs. Nor do I think many people get "emotionally invested" in teams they aren't really a fan of.

Personally, I don't like the Nuggets and I want a Lakers vs Cavs Finals. *shrug*

ok so you and 228 are the exceptions ;)

TJastal
05-20-2009, 12:14 AM

the Lakers are the most hated franchise in the NBA, you can see that by looking at any team's message board..there isn't really any other team that comes close..

- the media pushes shoves them down our throats, even when they're average, like 2005, 2006, and 2007..

- their franchise success has been heavily based on the fact that the location of their team is in Los Angeles, the most desirable place to play in sports..

- the amount of low-character guys on the team throughout their history, particularly Kobe Bryant..

- the most annoying and horrible fanbase in the NBA..not all of them are bad, don't get me wrong..there are some good ones here like Allanon, and RealGM has a number of good ones..every fanbase has annoying and bad fans, but Laker fans take the crown, particularly Kobe homers..

You can add to that list, having other teams *cough* grizzlies *cough* hand over their best young players for a snickers and bag of peanuts. Must be nice to have a perennial lotto team basically acting as your own personal developmental club.

Kori Ellis
ok so you and 228 are the exceptions ;)

LOL, Okay.

And just so you know, the majority of Spurs fans wanted the Rockets to lose. So I don't think many were depressed about that. :lol

HarlemHeat37
meh, I don't have a problem with the Gasol trade..I'm one of the few, I've noticed..

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't care for the Lakers (the only time I recall rooting for them in the Kobe Era is when they played Jordan's Bulls back in '98 in the regular season)....still, I sure am glad Denver lost. NOW LET'S GO MAGIC!!!

TheMACHINE

To answer your question Kori. I dont think its wierd that i hang out in the NBA section of the SPurs board. I dont like Lakers board...bunch of Homers. The only reason i taunt Spurs fans is because they jump on the opposing teams bandwagon. You cant deny it Kori...just look at the game thread. Every Spurs fan (ok ALMOST) is on Denvers jock.

IronMexican
I remember when the Pats lost the Super Bowl. That was one of the best days of my life. So yeah, if the Lakers don't win it this year, it will probably be worth it for them.

DeadlyDynasty
Nice Argentine Ass Pic :hat Butt....Here is the simple truth...I don't have to call them anything else but 7SA...UNTIL they prove that they can win a title with Kobe at the helm. Admit it...you're all worried Lakerfan. You guys won't be able to stand it should the alleged one not win a finals with him as the #1 reason...I can tell you're worried...I see a tear in your eye. :cry

Better watch out, because should Kobe fail YET AGAIN in his quest, Y'all will be looking and feeling like this guy right here.
http://tinypic.com/r/jrzfo5/5
that pic didn't show up...FAIL.
My team is 7 wins away from a title...that's a fact. The lakers are still playing. The Spurs are history...both now and in the forseeable future.

Man In Black
05-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Check again :)

Hey, Props your team struggled to win a game that they're supposed to win.

Hey, are Sasha and Bynum worth the money they're getting paid?

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 12:17 AM
You can add to that list, having other teams *cough* grizzlies *cough* hand over their best young players for a snickers and bag of peanuts. Must be nice to have a perennial lotto team basically acting as your own personal developmental club.

See...thats my point.....now is that really hate that is warranted by the Lakers? or is it just anger that your own team didnt get a trade like that done?

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 12:19 AM

a win is a win. :rollin

was that really suppose to be an insult?! lol

Kori Ellis
05-20-2009, 12:19 AM
You cant deny it Kori...just look at the game thread. Every Spurs fan (ok ALMOST) is on Denvers jock.

Oh I don't doubt they are rooting for Denver (but I don't think most were rooting for Houston). I just don't think they are "emotionally invested." It really doesn't mean much either way when your team is out. For example, I don't like the Celtics at all, but it didn't effect me in the least when they won the Title.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Oh I don't doubt they are rooting for Denver (but I don't think most were rooting for Houston). I just don't think they are "emotionally invested." It really doesn't mean much either way when your team is out. For example, I don't like the Celtics at all, but it didn't effect me in the least when they won the Title.
check your PM woman!

:p:

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:24 AM

Bynum is 21 and worth the gamble, IMO...how many legit 5's are there in the league? He's definitely got room for improvement, but he has tremendous upside. Sasha, on the other hand, is a waste of sperm

Kori Ellis
05-20-2009, 12:24 AM
check your PM woman!

:p:

PM timvp and ask him to add you to the Laker group.

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 12:25 AM
PM timvp and ask him to add you to the Laker group.
thank ya kindly:toast

Man In Black
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
That was an honest answer. Waste of Sperm you say...sometimes it seems he just wants to share his.
It's just ...well...it seems he only has eyes for one.
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20081226/0013729e4a600abe84122d.jpg
http://images.ocregister.com/newsimages/sports/2008/01/lakers0130-large.jpg

In Slovenia they might say...Homoseksualan?

holcs50
05-20-2009, 12:51 AM

Yea this kind of does boggle my mind, how did annoying lakers fans (meaning the ones who pop boners and think the series is over after 1 win cough hou... cough) all found there way to make spurstalk as their home for NBA banter? I mean isn't there thousands of huge lakers sites you can go circle jerk to? Anyways, I don't really care THAT much, I would prefer the lakers to lose but being depressed??? pfft. Like the win tonight I go "damn, so close, oh well nuggets are almost as gay". Thats it. Also all my best friends are huge lakers fans and I do love to text/call them and talk some shit if they lose as they do it back to me being the only spurs fan in SoCal it seems-well at least out of the large amount of people i know.

MambaJuice2408
05-20-2009, 12:51 AM

http://i40.tinypic.com/jrzfo5.jpg

So, if the Lakers were to lose. Would you put that on Kobe or lack of hard-nosed teammates. I for one wouldn't be Mickey Hatton or whatever that boxers name is. I know Kobe is not the reason. If we happen to lose it will be the lack of frontcourt toughness and poor bench play.

duncan228
05-20-2009, 12:56 AM
...me being the only spurs fan in SoCal it seems-well at least out of the large amount of people i know.

There are a few of us here on SpursTalk. :)

Man In Black
05-20-2009, 01:06 AM
So, if the Lakers were to lose. Would you put that on Kobe or lack of hard-nosed teammates. I for one wouldn't be Mickey Hatton or whatever that boxers name is. I know Kobe is not the reason. If we happen to lose it will be the lack of frontcourt toughness and poor bench play.

Truthfully and I'm being serious...it's a Chicken and Egg Conundrum. Kobester went 1 on 5 a bit too much tonight, while his output was high, his efficiency was not. It's been proven time and again, that him playing that way, while the 4-letter and ochotimes3 lovers love it, hasn't led to any kind of championship success. When he does that, the rest of your team looks off-kilter because they stop running an offense and make it easy for the opps defense to take on #24.

Reality is that when Shaq was around to lay down foundation points, Bean could infuse what everyone termed as daggers for the close. Good enough for 3 finals MVPS for Shaq and 3 rings, like in the muppet commercial. That 04 Final, TO ME, it seemed as if the then #8, wanted his own finals MVP, and that mindset proved to be costly as that series was essentially a 5 game sweep.

Although Gasol is an All-Star, he has yet, in 1 and 3/4 playoff seasons, to consistently provide that foundation work that Shaq provided.

So again, 1 on 5, actually plays into Denver's hands and they, stupidly let them off the hook.

ginobili's bald spot
05-20-2009, 01:13 AM

:toast

mytespurs
05-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Yea this kind of does boggle my mind, how did annoying lakers fans (meaning the ones who pop boners and think the series is over after 1 win cough hou... cough) all found there way to make spurstalk as their home for NBA banter? I mean isn't there thousands of huge lakers sites you can go circle jerk to? Anyways, I don't really care THAT much, I would prefer the lakers to lose but being depressed??? pfft. Like the win tonight I go "damn, so close, oh well nuggets are almost as gay". Thats it. Also all my best friends are huge lakers fans and I do love to text/call them and talk some shit if they lose as they do it back to me being the only spurs fan in SoCal it seems-well at least out of the large amount of people i know.

You're not the only spurs fan in so cal....:toast

holcs50
05-20-2009, 01:38 AM

:toast to you and mytespurs and the rest of the socal spurs fans that have to put up with countless lakers flags waving out of cars and fans that came out of the woodwork when the lakers finally started playing good again. I wonder where a lot of them were those 3 rather disappointing years? hmm.

duncan228
05-20-2009, 01:39 AM
...me being the only spurs fan in SoCal it seems-well at least out of the large amount of people i know.

You're not the only spurs fan in so cal....:toast

Thread from a while ago:

California Spurs fans sign in here

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117924

IronMexican
05-20-2009, 01:44 AM
Speaking of So Cal: Anyone feel that minor Earthquake today? Must have lasted 5 seconds.

duncan228
05-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Speaking of So Cal: Anyone feel that minor Earthquake today? Must have lasted 5 seconds.

I didn't feel it, I was in the car. But it apparantly shook Long Beach pretty good. Heard it was a 4.0.

IronMexican
05-20-2009, 01:51 AM
I didn't feel it, I was in the car. But it apparantly shook Long Beach pretty good. Heard it was a 4.0.

Sucks for them.

I was in the shower, when it hit. It was pretty scary since I was on the second story and it shakes a lot more up there. But after the last one, this one wasn't so bad.

Man In Black
05-20-2009, 02:06 AM
Today's Earthquake was an aftershock of the one from Sunday.

Though I thought that Sunday one was a delayed reaction from...a bunch of Laker fans wanting to jump back on the bandwagon.
:rollin

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 02:10 AM
:toast to you and mytespurs and the rest of the socal spurs fans that have to put up with countless lakers flags waving out of cars and fans that came out of the woodwork when the lakers finally started playing good again. I wonder where a lot of them were those 3 rather disappointing years? hmm.

i must only see 2 flags a day.

InRareForm
05-20-2009, 03:09 AM
yea it is worth it, now kiss my ass.

Nahtanoj
05-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Show some class Machine... Fans are fans at the end of the day.

mystargtr34
05-20-2009, 06:19 AM
So this is coming from a Laker fan on a Spurs msg board, posting about Spurs fans, while the Spurs are out of the Playoffs.

Funny.

SouthTexasRancher
05-20-2009, 06:59 AM

Damn, another LaLa Land fag! Are there any straight males living within the boundaries of the Greater Metropolitan LaLa Land area who are Straight, i.e., Real Men? As far as I can tell all the LaLa Landers who post here seem to be little girlieboyz with gigantic mouths!

The funny part is if the Fakerettes do get by Denver it will be the end of the road since both Orlando & Cleveland will clean the Fakerettes clock, i.e., kick their rosey red asses!

benefactor
05-20-2009, 07:10 AM

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

I didn't really care much that Houston lost. I wanted the to win because they were playing the Lakers and because of my family ties but even my cousin who is one of the biggest Rockets fans I know took it pretty well. They weren't supposed to make it that far anyway.

TBQH, I wasn't really that bothered that the Spurs lost like they did either. I knew going in that even if we found a way past Dallas we probably weren't going much further. I do agree that some fans get far too emotionally invested. It's ok to be disappointed when the expectations are high, but when the reality of it is that the Spurs just don't have the team to win then it is far better to just accept that from the beginning and take whatever good things come.

Laker fan sounds like he is emotionally invested in the Spurs being emotionally invested. :)

spursfan1000
05-20-2009, 07:16 AM
I will never like the lakers because their captian looks like a fag.

urunobili
05-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Insecure laker fan forum :wakeup

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 07:50 AM

if you have to root for other NBA teams to beat the Lakers for happiness, then who's insecure? :lol

You never see Laker fans rooting against the teams that beat them. I actually cheered for the Spurs in all their title runs except 2007 (because Cleveland was a massive underdog and I thought it would be a cool story). I especially cheered for them in 2003, cause once the Lakers were out, I wanted the team that beat them to win it all.

But sadly, Spurs fans would never be able to do this b/c they have a massive inferiority complex when it comes to LA. FACT

ginobili's bald spot
05-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Damn, another LaLa Land fag! Are there any straight males living within the boundaries of the Greater Metropolitan LaLa Land area who are Straight, i.e., Real Men? As far as I can tell all the LaLa Landers who post here seem to be little girlieboyz with gigantic mouths!

The funny part is if the Fakerettes do get by Denver it will be the end of the road since both Orlando & Cleveland will clean the Fakerettes clock, i.e., kick their rosey red asses!

Don't you have a klan meeting to go to Jethro?

ginobili's bald spot
05-20-2009, 08:06 AM
if you have to root for other NBA teams to beat the Lakers for happiness, then who's insecure? :lol

http://www.traintohell.com/misc/pizowned.jpg

HORNSWOGGLE
05-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Don't you have a klan meeting to go to Jethro?
he has a clan meeting with your mom :D

benefactor
05-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Seems to sum up the NBA Forum well this morning.

Brazil
05-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm rooting for whoever is playing the lakers now thinking that I'm depressed to see lakers win is just lol. get a life lakers fans

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm rooting for whoever is playing the lakers now thinking that I'm depressed to see lakers win is just lol. get a life lakers fans

i'd be inclined to believe you if you weren't so obsessed with us in the first place

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 10:57 AM
yea it is worth it, now kiss my ass.

why, are you tired from kissing ours.

Show some class Machine... Fans are fans at the end of the day.

whatever dude...read the original post...its about bandwagoning fans...ie spurs fans who act like they're Nuggets fans.

So this is coming from a Laker fan on a Spurs msg board, posting about Spurs fans, while the Spurs are out of the Playoffs.

Funny.

yes..it is. Mr. Obvious. Yes im a Laker fans on a spurs board....ok. Still dont get your point. hahah

damn...i think i stopped reading this post after the first sentence. You should probably TyPe LiKe ThiS NeXt TimE.

ok team hopper :p:

Flux451
05-20-2009, 11:09 AM

If you think this is funny, you probably laugh at things like Sesame Street and the SNL.

Your IQ is that of a retarded, red headed step child.

jack sommerset
05-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Perhaps the Spew fans will wise up especially since they will never have a chance in hell to win another ring and go for a team that has some character. A team that does not tank seasons in order to land a player like Duncan. A team that does not have a front runner like Parker. LOL This ass spoke more shit the last 2 years and he has nothing to show for it. He is not a top 20 pg let alone a top 3....Hopefully they wont cheer for a animal like Mangoo who puts a amatuer tournament ahead of his professional team who has fans that pay to see him play. Hopefully the city will spend money to clean up that city instead of investing anymore money in that franchise. I wish all Spew fans to have a great off season and work on themselves. God bless the Spew fan.

Brazil
05-20-2009, 01:27 PM
i'd be inclined to believe you if you weren't so obsessed with us in the first place

Who is obsessed ? A spurs fan posting on a spurs forum or a lakers fan posting on a spurs forum talking about spurs fans depression when the spurs aren't anymore in the POs ?

Morg1411
05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
lmfao this thread

Laker fans can't help but whip their little dicks around every chance they get.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Who is obsessed ? A spurs fan posting on a spurs forum or a lakers fan posting on a spurs forum talking about spurs fans depression when the spurs aren't anymore in the POs ?

the Lakers fans root for the Lakers. The Spurs fans jump ship and root for anyone who plays the Lakers. So whos obsessed?

E20
05-20-2009, 02:08 PM
lol sasha vujacic
lol lakers
lol lebron>kobe

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 02:10 PM
lol sasha vujacic
lol lakers
lol lebron>kobe

lol Stallone
lol Spurs
lol sale on fishing polls
lol Kobe>Spurs team
lol DrHouse>E20

E20
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
lol dumb laker fans
lol kobe > spurs....not lol duncan > kobe, so kobe < spurs lol

mingus
05-20-2009, 02:17 PM
what's sad is how emotionally invested Lakers fans become only after their team becomes a contender , indicated by the sudden influx of trolls since last year .

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 02:19 PM
what's sad is how emotionally invested Lakers fans become only after their team becomes a contender , indicated by the sudden influx of trolls since last year .

post count. GTFO

E20
05-20-2009, 02:24 PM
post count. GTFO

lol post count smack......

This acutally deserves several 'lol's' let me start:

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol idiotic laker fan

NoMoneyDown
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
post count. GTFO

He DID say "influx of trolls since last year" and your join date DOES say 3-25-2008 so GTFO yourself.

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
This is the General NBA forum and not the Spurs section. If you don't like other fans on this msgboard then you need to tell the owners about it because they don't seem to mind.

E20
05-20-2009, 03:05 PM
This is the General NBA forum and not the Spurs section. If you don't like other fans on this msgboard then you need to tell the owners about it because they don't seem to mind.

Thanks for telling your fellow Laker fan to STFU. :tu

DPG21920
05-20-2009, 03:06 PM
What don't people like DD understand. Many Spurs fans are basketball fans, not just Spurs fans. The game in general interests us. Just because we hate the Rockets, Lakers...does not mean anything.

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I personally couldn't give a sh*t about the West at this point. George Karl does not hold any warm fuzzy memories in the minds of Spurs fans. However, in even bringing up that the majority our fan base is rooting against your team shows a little butt hurt on your part (which in turn shows a further bias against the Spurs and their fans). So, don't act like if the shoe was on the other foot the majority of L.A. fans wouldn't be rooting Denver's way. Then there is the underdog factor to throw in as reason to root against your team, as well. Sounds more like a typical baiting on a Spurs forum by a chest pounding, self-glorifying Lakers fan than any sort of valid point. Bravo. Stay classy L.A.!

E20
05-20-2009, 03:12 PM
good story bro

DPG21920
05-20-2009, 03:13 PM
*shrug*

You do this quite often...are these shrugs of disgust/disdain or WGAF?

Brazil
05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
the Lakers fans root for the Lakers. The Spurs fans jump ship and root for anyone who plays the Lakers. So whos obsessed?

the lakers fans searching for love on a spurs forum, it's like trying to make 50 baskets in a row with a paper ball.

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
the lakers fans searching for love on a spurs forum, it's like trying to make 50 baskets in a row with a paper ball.

Personally, (and I'm assuming this speaks as what a lot of Spurs fans are thinking) I find that rooting for any team in the Lakers/Nuggets series is like having a preference of Dog shit vs. Cat shit.

TheManFromAcme
05-20-2009, 03:28 PM
If I can interject;

To be honest with you guys, I actually like it here better than LG.net. Way to many Kobe lovers there that even make "me" sick. There have been threads there that are absurd. Unfortunately these threads are from the young-uns that will one day split LG when Kobe is long gone. They are not Laker fans. Laker fan, like myself, love the Lakers of course, but can respect all aspects of this game regardless of the team. My avatar obviously indicates my non-loyalty for the Spurs but it is merely for fun and take a jab at my fellow b-ball fans. At the end of the day, isn't that what we all are anyway? Dr. House is just pulling your strings and means no malice towards nobody. He's got some good takes as does a handful of other Laker fans in here. Anyhow, I like it here (this forum). It's fun and entertaining.

On a side note; This series isn't over. I hate it when fellow Laker fan prematurely claims complete victory when only one battle has been won.
Humility goes a long way.

TheManFromAcme
05-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Personally, (and I'm assuming this speaks as what a lot of Spurs fans are thinking) I find that rooting for any team in the Lakers/Nuggets series is like having a preference of Dog shit vs. Cat shit.

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 03:32 PM
If I can interject;

Dr. House is just pulling your strings and means no malice towards nobody.

So, he intends malice towards everybody?... I kid, of course.

DPG21920
05-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Laker "fans" hate the Spurs as well. Laker *fans root for the Spurs to lose when the Spurs are in the finals and Spurs fans root for the Lakers to lose when they are in the finals. Only difference is that the Spurs fans have been successful.

Brazil
05-20-2009, 03:35 PM

still the dog shits are bigger than cat shits

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Laker fans don't really hate Spur fans.

The only fans we HATE are Celtics fans, and that one goes back for decades. We are far too concerned with our own team most of the time to pay much attention to anyone else.

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 03:49 PM

The only fans we HATE are Celtics fans, and that one goes back for decades. We are far too concerned with our own team most of the time to pay much attention to anyone else.

Then why hang around a Spurs hosted board and take part in bashing a team that you and, apparently, L.A.'s whole fan base could care less about?

DPG21920
05-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Why would you hate Celtic fans? They do not care about Laker fans.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
I dont hate the Spurs...i rooted for the spurs evertytime they make the Finals.

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
History, of course. I'm sure if you polled Celtics fans as to their most hated team in the West the Lakers would overwhelmingly be top pick.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 03:56 PM

im not looking for love..im just calling you out and asking if its worth going throught losses again by getting emotionally attached to other teams.. I could care less if you like the Lakers.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
He DID say "influx of trolls since last year" and your join date DOES say 3-25-2008 so GTFO yourself.

the trolls are gone. They come and go..only a handful of us are actually here for the long term ;)

DPG21920
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
That is what you do not get, most are not emotionally involved. Spurs fans hate the Lakers in general, but other than that it is not like you are making it out to be.

Lakers are expected to win, Spurs were expected to lose, it is not gut wrenching.

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
That is what you do not get, most are not emotionally involved. Spurs fans hate the Lakers in general, but other than that it is not like you are making it out to be.

Lakers are expected to win, Spurs were expected to lose, it is not gut wrenching.

simple question......simple answer.
:king

DPG21920
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM

I dont hate the Spurs...i rooted for the spurs evertytime they make the Finals.

History, of course. I'm sure if you polled Celtics fans as to their most hated team in the West the Lakers would overwhelmingly be top pick.

Just like if you polled Spurs fans, they would hate the Lakers. That is a long rivalry as well.

Most true Laker fans hate the Spurs. All of the ones I know hope for 3 things: Lakers to win, Spurs to lose, Boston to lose. No one I know roots for the Lakers (meaning Spurs fans).

My question was a jab at House because he is trying to act like Lakers own the Spurs so the fans do not care about them, hence "why do Boston fans care about Lakers".

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 04:04 PM
im not looking for love..im just calling you out and asking if its worth going throught losses again by getting emotionally attached to other teams.. I could care less if you like the Lakers.

Hey-hey-hey good buddy, no reason to put on that macho facade here. Even Lakers fans need some cuddles on occasion, you big, tough, devil-may-care guy. Ultimately, aren't we all just looking for love?

TheMACHINE
05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
i honestly dont hate the Spurs. I always thought the rivalry was resepctful. When the Spurs eliminated us, i was hoping the spurs would win out. I honestly thought it went the other way too. No one in LG talked smack about the Spurs. I think we had worst hated rivals like the Suns and the Kings. Its not until I signed up to ST last year that I realized there was so much hate......i was a bit surprised. All good tho.

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 04:14 PM
i honestly dont hate the Spurs. I always thought the rivalry was resepctful. When the Spurs eliminated us, i was hoping the spurs would win out. I honestly thought it went the other way too. No one in LG talked smack about the Spurs. I think we had worst hated rivals like the Suns and the Kings. Its not until I signed up to ST last year that I realized there was so much hate......i was a bit surprised. All good tho.

You don't have to like someone to respect them. In fact, I'd say the more open vocal dislike is displayed, that more often than not is an homage to how much one team respects another. (see: cold war) Consider us the 1600's Spain to your 1600's England.

TheManFromAcme
05-20-2009, 04:18 PM

That, dear fellow, is where you are wrong. Dead wrong.:nope
Next time your in New England, I challenge you to roam downtown Bean-town and conjure up dialogue with fellow "Bwastan" fan regarding the Lakers. Oh, do they ever care for Laker fan. Where have you been the last 40+ years? Laker-Boston "IS THE" rivalry of all rivalries and to be honest with you, the one that only matters in this damn league. The Spurs-Laker so called rivalry was cute. That's it.

mingus
05-20-2009, 04:22 PM
le me see ... logical reasons a Spurs fan might hate Lakers more than Lakers fans hate Spurs :

1. .4 - which isn't even possible . the rule back and now states that it's impossible to catch and shoot , but i guess LA is immune to that sort of thing ...

2. the no call last year on Barry - a foul 99.9% of the time in any situation , but i guess LA is immune to that sort of thing ...

two series changing plays that should've went the other way ...

each time the Spurs won though , there was was no controversy involved ... SA has beat LA twice fair and square , so no shit LA fans have no hard feeling against the Spurs . but Spurs fans feel that the Spurs have been cheated because it hasn't been that way 2/4 times LA has played SA and won ... and no one on the face of this earth can argue against that .

BlackBellamy
05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Next time your in New England, I challenge you to roam downtown Bean-town and conjure up dialogue with fellow "Bwastan" fan regarding the Lakers. Oh, do they ever care for Laker fan. Where have you been the last 40+ years? Laker-Boston "IS THE" rivalry of all rivalries and to be honest with you, the one that only matters in this damn league. The Spurs-Laker so called rivalry was cute. That's it.

He did not mean it. He was baiting House (by using the same dismissive mentality) for not appreciating that Lakers fans generally hate the Spurs. But you are correct for sure. I've lived in Boston, and indeed, they totally hate your team's collective asses. And hey, we're still a franchise and we both play in the west. Any sort of rivalry between our teams is not over yet, regardless of how much more elite you feel your team to be.

DPG21920
05-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Where does hating a team and their fans mean you do not respect how good they are? There in lies a huge difference in Laker fans vs Spurs fans in general.

Spurs fans hate Laker fans and the Lakers, but understand how good the Lakers are.
Laker fans hate Spurs fans and the Spurs, but cannot believe another team ever beats the Lakers.

Brazil
05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
^^yep unfortunately I think lakers will win this serie and if I was a lakers I'd like lakers chance against the cavs but I'd root for the magic.

cornbread
05-20-2009, 05:12 PM
The obsession continues...

spursncowboys
05-20-2009, 09:59 PM
If ya think about it...

It's kinda needed:

:toast

FaithInOne
05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
LOL!

The Spurs have been in the mix every year for the last decade. Congratulations on getting back to a respectable level after 7 years.

lol laker fan.

BlackBellamy
05-22-2009, 12:04 PM
O.K., in reading the Spurs fan's responses to a Laker play-off loss, I now somewhat agree that it is a little sad the amount of resounding sadistic pleasure we take in seeing you (lakers/laker fans) suffer (I must admit the game was certainly exhilarating, in particular seeing Lakes lose). However, if one were to root for the Lakers opponent (insert rival team name here) to win and the Lakers to lose, it seems that might have become quite a bit more interesting and as you initially question, "worth it". So definitive Spurs fan short answer... Yes. I don't know exactly why but seeing the Lakers lose makes me smile (though still a far cry vs. seeing the Spurs win, in way and amount of happiness). Right now it's sweet like sugar on the tip my tongue.

pauls931
05-22-2009, 05:29 PM
I wonder who LA is going to route for the next round, Denver, Cavs, or the Magic?

Spurs 4 The Win
05-22-2009, 05:35 PM
The Fakers are done this series. Rooting for them would be like a Texas A&M as a Texas fan. It just won't happen. Denver is better. Only David can stop the Denver vs. Orlando Finals.

sexinthatsx
05-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Dear lakers fans,
How does it feel when your own team's fans give YOU guys a bad name? Now I can see how allanon feels when he calls the machine and dr house being idiotic laker fans

ezau
05-22-2009, 10:02 PM

And how many times did Boston trounced you over and over again? Last time I checked, Boston has owned your franchise 9 out of 11 times. That's total owning if you ask me

Stringer_Bell
05-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Why not just jump on the "winning" teams bandwagon so you can feel happy atleast once this year. You're team is on the downhill. Timmy is done. Manu is done. Plenty of room in LA's bandwagon.

No team is a "winning" team until they are holding the trophy overheard at the end of the season, so I can't see how anyone is bandwagon jumping before the trophy has even been given out. Say all you want about the Spurs going downhill, but SA has taken in an exceptional view from atop the mountain Kobe just can't seem to climb on his own since Shaq went away.

Kobe is a beast, but the Lakers (with all their talent) have shown they got too far ahead of themselves by playing soft basketball. Maybe they'll fix it, maybe not. The Rockets exposed them, and now I'm rooting that Denver goes for the jugular. I don't have to make an emotional investment to cheer when the Lakers lose, but the negativity you post with suggests the opposite about you (regarding Spurs and fans).

NRHector
05-23-2009, 12:32 AM

How much more can you guys take?! Props for the resilience you guys show. :lmaoThat's where you're wrong laker fan, we had alot of happy moments this year specially when Mason hit the 3 against the Lakers for the win, we know our team is going downhill but is going downhill with dignity and not crying and throwing your teammates under the bus and crying for better players in national radio.
We are proud of our team even if they lost in the first round because we knew it was a impossible goal to win without Manu but they fought and did not give up.
At the last game the fans applauded and gave an standing ovation to the Spurs because we know the type of players we have they are all class act and that is something you can't say about your team.
I speak for myself but, I will never jump in the Lakers bandwagon , thanks for the offer and for being so concerned about our happiness.:flag:

TheMACHINE
05-31-2009, 12:48 AM
Another round...another disapointing bandwagon jump.

is it worth it? lol

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Laker fans jealous/disappointed when their bandwagon doesn't fill up with fans from other teams.

TheMACHINE
05-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Laker fans jealous/disappointed when their bandwagon doesn't fill up with fans from other teams.

right..nice twist. lol

Spurs fan disapointed that every team they jump on loses.

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 01:07 AM
right..nice twist. lol

Magic won, Laker fan wrong in their generalization. :toast

TheMACHINE
05-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Magic won, Laker fan wrong in their generalization. :toast

umm..news flash..spurs jump on every team the lakers face...now go ahead and jump on the Magic.

peskypesky
05-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Go Magic!!!!

NewJerSpur
05-31-2009, 01:24 AM
umm..news flash..spurs jump on every team the lakers face...now go ahead and jump on the Magic.

News Flash for you generalizing a**: I was rooting for the Magic to beat the Cetls and Cavs. Never rooted for the Rockets or Denver. Wow, just wow.

Gino
05-31-2009, 01:25 AM

My guess is this dude has a SERIOUS inferiority complex.

Chieflion
05-31-2009, 05:51 AM
I just like the root for the underdog. I respect the Lakers as a team. They are good.

KSeal
05-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Spur fans are always going to root against the Lakers, who cares.

InK
05-31-2009, 09:09 AM
right..nice twist. lol

We are routing for the Magic now, not able to resist another "crushing blow" when they fail.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-31-2009, 09:52 AM

p --> w --> n --> t

TheMACHINE
05-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Spur fans are always going to root against the Lakers, who cares.

I know that...thats why its a simple question...is it worth getting emotionally invested in every team that plays against the lakers? everyone can talk shit back..i dont care.

is it worth it? ;)

TheMACHINE
06-15-2009, 11:46 AM
1) Own team loses
2) Routing for Jazz, outcome = loss
3) Routing for Rockets, outcome = loss
4) Routing for Nuggets, outcome = loss
5) Routing for Magic, outcome = loss
6) Lakers holding the LOB

Man 6 heartbreaks in one post-season...

Is it worth it? Well, is it?

:downspin:

hi Spurscenter.....Hi crc :king

manufan10
06-15-2009, 11:54 AM
No heartbreak, it's just a game. It's fun rooting for the underdog in each series.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-15-2009, 12:00 PM
^ What he said.

spursncowboys
06-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow, with all the help LA gets from refs, Kobe tied it up with T Duncan. And it only took them six tries.

TheMACHINE
06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Wow, with all the help LA gets from refs, Kobe tied it up with T Duncan. And it only took them six tries.

Can you post the Lakers vs Opponents foul and free throw disperity's for this years playoffs? Thanks buddy. Once you do that, maybe we'll take your takes a little more seriously. :rollin

manufan10
06-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Can you post the Lakers vs Opponents foul and free throw disperity's for this years playoffs? Thanks buddy. Once you do that, maybe we'll take your takes a little more seriously. :rollin

From the Finals:

110 total fouls called on the Magic

121 total fouls called on the Lakers

Magic: 96/135 FT's
Lakers: 98/124 FT's

Looking at the numbers from the Finals, it was called pretty even. But it doesn't factor in missed calls, or momentum favoring calls either. Overall, it was officiated pretty evenly.

KSeal
06-15-2009, 02:17 PM
From the Finals:

110 total fouls called on the Magic

121 total fouls called on the Lakers

Magic: 96/135 FT's
Lakers: 98/124 FT's

Looking at the numbers from the Finals, it was called pretty even. But it doesn't factor in missed calls, or momentum favoring calls either. Overall, it was officiated pretty evenly.

The Lakers definitely got the calls in game 2, and the Magic definitely got the calls in game 4 but overall it was pretty fair. Equally shitty on both sides in all the other games.

manufan10
06-15-2009, 02:22 PM
The Lakers definitely got the calls in game 2, and the Magic definitely got the calls in game 4 but overall it was pretty fair. Equally shitty on both sides in all the other games.

It was actually pretty even throughout most of the series.

G2: Magic: 24 fouls, 20-27 FT's
Lakers: 25 fouls 24-28 FT's

Now in Game 4, the Magic really got the home cooking:

G4: Magic: 21 fouls, 22-37 FT's
Lakers: 28 fouls, 15-20 FT's