PDA

View Full Version : KMarts clean steal of Kobme at 99-99

Fabbs
05-20-2009, 02:14 AM
30 seconds left 99-99.
The Nuggs gave Boi Wonder Kobme a doubleteam and Kobe choked the ball away. Nuggets were gonna take it the other way for the easy dunk and two point lead.

Tweet!
FTs awarded to Kobme.

Of course ESPN-Lakers does NOT replay it at all, and the faggy announcers gloss over it too.

Anyone got pics/clear vid of the play or have they all been destroyed?

Bob Lanier
05-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Kobme.

GENIUS!

HarlemHeat37
05-20-2009, 02:21 AM
ehh, it looked like a foul to me..it was just a stupid reach-in by Martin..

Allanon
05-20-2009, 02:42 AM
Looked like a foul by me but the camera view was too far away for a good look.

But also, after the call, K-Mart looked guilty. He didn't complain or anything... he was just quiet. K-Mart's usually very vocal when he thinks it's a bad call.

21_Blessings
05-20-2009, 02:55 AM
Obvious reach in. You would know that if you ever touched a basketball in your life.

Meanwhile, Chauncy Billups is shooting 3 pointers from the front row while the referees just let it slide. The Lakers fix is in!

InRareForm
05-20-2009, 03:03 AM
BOOO to refs who call that after the game has been called entirely as less strict.

LET THEM PLAY and don't let free throws determine a game

timvp
05-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Foul. And a dumb one at that.

Then again, it was par for the course for Kenyon Martin.

ginobili's bald spot
05-20-2009, 03:19 AM
Obvious foul. These threads are pathetic.

Nahtanoj
05-20-2009, 03:25 AM
u are an idiot and a hater. that being said, lakers stole game 1.

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 03:40 AM
The double teams were working on Kobe who was strictly forcing up jumpshots at that point in the game. The foul was a dumb risk that was unnecessary IMO.

Nahtanoj
05-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Unnecessary and boneheaded.

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 05:37 AM
the ONLY reason that people are saying that it was "stupid" by K-Mart is because of the carefully instructed broadcasters that TOLD them that. you see, the NBA tells the broadcasters to kiss Kobe's ass and make everything about him look perfect.

I am in NO WAY shape or form a fan of that thug piece of shit Kenyon Martin ... but that was a good move by him and in NO WAY a foul. the NBA wanted Kobe at the line and they wanted the Lakers to win the game and they did everything in their power to make it happen ...

Ghazi
05-20-2009, 05:43 AM
lol 121-63

lol shinn

lol peja

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 05:49 AM
lol 121-63

lol shinn

lol peja

lol at you ghazi and your broken marriage

lol your wife loves Tyson Chandler's dick

lol Mark Cuban constantly failing at BUYING a legit team

lol $21.3 million for the most washed up PG in the NBA

Ghazi
05-20-2009, 06:18 AM
lol hornets, fucking bastard stepchild franchise of the NBA

dmac
05-20-2009, 06:50 AM
BOOO to refs who call that after the game has been called entirely as less strict.

LET THEM PLAY and don't let free throws determine a game

You mean like all the free throws the Thuggets missed? They could have easily won that game if they hit their FTs.

BTW, Fuck Kobe and all the BS he gets away with. He should have had 8 or 9 fouls and 3 Technicals. Piece of crap rapist.

sribb43
05-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Bye the way, they did replay the call...open your eyes

G-Nob
05-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Foul or not, they talked about the look of a foul. If it looks like a foul, the refs are gonna blow their whistles.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Don't worry, the refs made it up by "not seeing" Billups step out of bounds and knocking down that three.

Fabbs
05-20-2009, 07:53 AM
pictures/video?

That fact that a few of the posters saying it was a foul are not Laker Brownozer sheep gives me hope. More who are saying "no foul" tho.

Pics?

JamStone
05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
It was cheap but it was a foul. Something the refs could have let slide but perfectly entitled to whistle. And while he lost control of the basketball, I don't believe he did or was going to lose possession of the ball but I'm not completely sure.

Fabbs
05-20-2009, 08:57 AM
It was cheap but it was a foul. Something the refs could have let slide but perfectly entitled to whistle. And while he lost control of the basketball, I don't believe he did or was going to lose possession of the ball but I'm not completely sure.
Oh no Kobme most certainly did lose possession of the ball, one of the Nuggs picked it up and was going to head the other way when Tweet!

From what i did see of the game, plenty of other pampering of Kobme. Most notables i saw was he and Mello jostling for position. In no way shape or form was it a foul yet Mello gets the breathing foul call. Same with one of Kobmes drives. Seriously did he even get touched? And the Nene "Hey" whine by Kobitch.

Back to the play in question tho, hopefully we can get some clear pics and/or video.

HORNSWOGGLE
05-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Laker-fan-in-SanAnto (http://spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15633) = BANDWAGON LAKER FAN

Obstructed_View
05-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Reaching in isn't a foul if you reach in and get all ball. Kobe's reaction is what prompted the refs to blow the whistle. That was a huge swing, as the Nuggets had an easy dunk. I guess Martin should know better by now to make a good defensive play against a superstar player. He should just back up and let them score.

They did show the replay.

dirk4mvp
05-20-2009, 11:21 AM
What else is expected from Kenyon Martin?

lefty
05-20-2009, 11:54 AM
It was a foul, stop bitching.

Kmart is a dumbass, don't look any further

iggypop123
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
im suprised his mom didnt go on the court and threaten the refs

JamStone
05-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh no Kobme most certainly did lose possession of the ball, one of the Nuggs picked it up and was going to head the other way when Tweet!

From what i did see of the game, plenty of other pampering of Kobme. Most notables i saw was he and Mello jostling for position. In no way shape or form was it a foul yet Mello gets the breathing foul call. Same with one of Kobmes drives. Seriously did he even get touched? And the Nene "Hey" whine by Kobitch.

Back to the play in question tho, hopefully we can get some clear pics and/or video.

From what I remember, and I haven't seen the clip since watching the game live, if one of the Nuggets players actually picked up the basketball, it was after the whistle had blown. I'm pretty sure Kobe didn't lose possession until after the whistle. But, again, I haven't seen a replay of the clip.

And, you can say what you want to say about Kobe and Melo wrestling for position, but Carmelo was giving just as much pushing and shoving as Kobe did, and officials often whistle a defender when it gets too physical.

As for Kobe drives, he got very few calls when he drove to the basket even when Nuggets players kept swinging down and coming down on his forearms for strips. A few good defensive plays, but certainly a number of them that could have been called and weren't. There were calls and non-calls in favor of Kobe and some that weren't. Just like every game. I think you're trying to convince yourself that there were more biased calls than there actually were. Kobe doesn't get near the amount of favorable calls as guys like LeBron and Wade do. Not even close.

j-money24
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
the ONLY reason that people are saying that it was "stupid" by K-Mart is because of the carefully instructed broadcasters that TOLD them that. you see, the NBA tells the broadcasters to kiss Kobe's ass and make everything about him look perfect.

I am in NO WAY shape or form a fan of that thug piece of shit Kenyon Martin ... but that was a good move by him and in NO WAY a foul. the NBA wanted Kobe at the line and they wanted the Lakers to win the game and they did everything in their power to make it happen ...

Shut the fuck up u whiny bitch.

fevertrees
05-20-2009, 04:17 PM
piece of crap rapist.

mothafucking co-signed

jazzypimp
05-20-2009, 04:19 PM

oh my god, you didn't say "son" for a whole paragraph... I am shocked. Did you retire it or something?? You actually sound semi-intellectual.

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
oh my god, you didn't say "son" for a whole paragraph... I am shocked. Did you retire it or something?? You actually sound semi-intellectual.

son no. I was just highly intoxicated.

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 04:37 PM
kome, shit never gets old:lmao

MiamiHeat
05-20-2009, 06:08 PM
He has a point

Why didn't ESPN replay the foul? They replay everything Kobe related...

Anyone have the footage ?

To be honest, I thought of this myself last night but I didn't say anything. I was like "Where's the replay?"

Why are we just accepting that it's a 'bone head K-Mart mistake' without even seeing replays?

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 06:09 PM
He has a point

Why didn't ESPN replay the foul? They replay everything Kobe related...

Anyone have the footage ?

To be honest, I thought of this myself last night but I didn't say anything. I was like "Where's the replay?"

Why are we just accepting that it's a 'bone head K-Mart mistake' without even seeing replays?

EXACTLY ... you are just forced to believe what the paid announcers are telling you. there was no foul committed and the league knows it.

fevertrees
05-20-2009, 06:13 PM
They show replays to EVERYTHING in the games except the bullshit calls like a fucking rapist (0-1 in the Finals) choke artist MVPity gets

Amaso
05-20-2009, 06:26 PM
That was clearly a foul call. That's just stupid of KMart anyway. Why would he try to steal the ball when Kobe has it on the otherside of his body, 20 feet away with his back to the basket?

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 07:16 PM
That was clearly a foul call. That's just stupid of KMart anyway. Why would he try to steal the ball when Kobe has it on the otherside of his body, 20 feet away with his back to the basket?

blind, shameless, homer

iggypop123
05-20-2009, 07:26 PM
they showed replays. not just 400 times

turiaf for president
05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
blind, shameless, homer

i always thought you had some good posts but ure seriously turning into a hater man. even kmart didnt complain on the foul.

do superstars get calls? of course. and they deserve it. you of all people shouldnt be complaining on the calls cp3 get night in and night out.

that being said, kobe was driving right, martin clearly reached in and fouled. they did show the replay on tv, dunno about sportscenter but seriously get over it.

both teams got questionable calls and the nuggets choked the game away. billups was clearly out on that play with 10 seconds left. they didnt replay that on sportscenter either. who cares. games over move one

RsxPiimp
05-20-2009, 07:32 PM
i dont think its a foul. like jamstome said, its a foul that could've gone both ways. martin knew it was a dumb foul. just look at his reaction..

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 07:37 PM
i dont think its a foul. like jamstome said, its a foul that could've gone both ways. martin knew it was a dumb foul. just look at his reaction..

exactly. it was in no way shape or form a foul ... but since it came near the end of the game and Kobe represents the NBA, they made sure he got some more freebie points at the line.

UrAphag
05-20-2009, 07:54 PM
exactly. It was in no way shape or form a foul ... But since it came near the end of the game and kobe represents the nba, they made sure he got some more freebie points at the line.
where is the video of chauncy billups stepping out of bounce on his three? The nba wanted to give him the three points

BRHornet45
05-20-2009, 08:09 PM
where is the video of chauncy billups stepping out of bounce on his three? The nba wanted to give him the three points

son you fail .... UNLIKE Kobe ... Chauncy can actually hit the big shot and not have to rely on 25% (or more) of his points coming from the line.

JamStone
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM
son you fail .... UNLIKE Kobe ... Chauncy can actually hit the big shot and not have to rely on 25% (or more) of his points coming from the line.

For his career, Chauncey's free throws make up 27.8% of his total points.

In the playoffs, that percentage goes up to 31%.

adidas11
05-20-2009, 10:03 PM
For his career, Chauncey's free throws make up 27.8% of his total points.

In the playoffs, that percentage goes up to 31%.

Owned. :lol

UrAphag
05-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Yeah, instead he gets to step out of bounce.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah, instead he gets to step out of bounce.

:lol