PDA

View Full Version : Duncan not healthy for rest of season?

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/s...6p-251502c.html

Tim & none

That's what Spurs' chances for title are if Duncan's out

From Seattle to Phoenix to Dallas, and in every Western Conference playoff town in between, team executives, players and coaches are on a Tim Duncan watch.

A week ago, Duncan severely sprained his right ankle and could be out for the rest of the regular season with ligament damage that may not fully heal until next season. His status for the playoffs, and how effective he can be in the postseason, is the most significant development in the West since the Lakers broke up their mini-dynasty last summer by trading Shaquille O'Neal to the Heat.

"The entire West changed dramatically with Shaq leaving the Lakers," said Seattle GM Rick Sund this past week. "If Duncan is not 100% when the playoffs start, it changes things in our conference in a big way. I've always felt that Phoenix was the best team out here, anyway, even before Duncan went down. But he is the most dominant player in the West . . . If he's not his normal self for the playoffs, then that gives everybody a legitimate shot to get to the Finals."

The loss of Duncan could be a huge break for the Sonics, who could finish with the No. 2 seed, even with Vladimir Radmanovic, their third-most important player, out for the rest of the regular season with a leg injury.

But the biggest winner could be Phoenix, which is looking at its first No. 1 seed since posting the best record overall in 1993. That would cap a remarkable turnaround. The Suns finished in the lottery last season after winning only 29 games.

"Tim is an obvious impact player and his absence could certainly affect the Western Conference playoff picture," said Bryan Colangelo, the Suns' GM. "The No. 1 seed has been our goal all along, and we have competed neck-and-neck with the Spurs all season. What we need to worry about, however, is that we stay sharp and focused and compete each night as if nothing has changed."

There hasn't been a Western Conference champion outside of the Lakers or San Antonio since Utah won the conference in 1998. Since then, the Lakers and Spurs have won five of the last six NBA championships, with Detroit finally ending the West's domination last June.

"I can't worry about how this will impact us for the playoffs, because I really don't know at this time," said Spurs executive VP-coach Gregg Popovich. "Tim's disappointed because he was starting to get on his roll. But he knows that is over with and he's got to start over. So he's got to start to change gears and has gotten into rehab mode."

The West could well come down to how Duncan's recovery goes between now and the start of the playoffs on April 23.

"The Spurs are one of the few exceptions in that if they have Duncan, it doesn't matter if they have the homecourt advantage," said Boston coach Doc Rivers. "They've got veterans, they've been together and they've won. But without Duncan, you might see a team like Houston go to the Finals. They've got two stars - Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming, one inside and one outside - and a ton of veterans who can shoot. I wouldn't be shocked to see them go far. Because without Duncan, the West now is actually a small conference and a speed conference."

And suddenly, a conference up for grabs.

BigJoeD
03-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Being optimistic, I still think the Spurs win the west. Tim will come back even if he's not 100 percent. His presence will give the Spurs the lift they need.

Btw, the Spurs OWN phe-ho-nix :lol

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 05:41 PM
who cares about winning the west?

The title is all that counts

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 09:45 PM
With Duncan out for the season, who cares?

Unless the Spurs can pull off the biggest post-season miracle run in NBA history and win a title without Duncan all this good play means shit

SuperManu!!!
03-27-2005, 09:48 PM
That's not the right attitude. You can't lower your arms that easy

Rummpd
03-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Who made you a doctor?

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Who made you a doctor?

Unless you can tell me Duncan will play in the playoffs... I AM :spin

SuperManu!!!
03-27-2005, 09:52 PM
That's why i Love manu's style...he never gives up

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 09:54 PM
That's why i Love manu's style...he never gives up

and what does that have to do with Duncan being done for the season?

ducks
03-27-2005, 10:00 PM
who says the other stars will stay healthy

and no team in baseball came back down 3-0 before the redsocks did this year

that is why you play the game

T Park
03-27-2005, 10:02 PM
wanna show me the LEGIT person that said DUncan was out for the season???

This is as much BS as EVA and Tony talk.

johnny00
03-27-2005, 10:06 PM

Unless the Spurs can pull off the biggest post-season miracle run in NBA history and win a title without Duncan all this good play means shit

Another useles thread by DuncanMVP

.....look dude if you don't want to follow the Spurs and gut out the rest of the season then bail out. I hear the Miami bandwagon is still accepting coattail rides.

picnroll
03-27-2005, 10:07 PM
DuncanMVP had Duncan out for the sesaon after the last sprain too. Hang in their Chicken Little

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
no i didnt, because he was only supposed to miss 2-4 games not 2-4 weeks

sad way to end to the season like this

T Park
03-27-2005, 10:11 PM
he was only supposed to miss 2-4 games not 2-4 weeks

your getting duncan confused with Devin Brown dumbfuck.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-27-2005, 10:12 PM

You f^cking LOSER,you have no faith and you call yourself a SPURS fan.You must be hanging around sequ to much in this forum

ducks
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM

then do not follow the spurs

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM
your getting duncan confused with Devin Brown dumbfuck.

no im not talking about devin brown

Duncan only missed a few games with his first ankle injury, now its weeks you dumbass

Duncan is done, unless we start hitting 3's @ arounf 90% we wont make it past the first round

spursfan05
03-27-2005, 10:14 PM
i think we can win it all without duncan

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:15 PM
You f^cking LOSER,you have no faith and you call yourself a SPURS fan.You must be hanging around sequ to much in this forum

Fans also must realize when the season is over

now that Duncan is done, are you stupid enough to think that we can still win a title? :lol :lol :lol

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:16 PM
i think we can win it all without duncan

you're right.....

but only if Nash, Tmac, Ray Allen , Gasol, Shaq, Dirk, Billups get hurt

T Park
03-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Duncan is not out for the fuckin season you goddamn moron.

Duncan is done

Got a link from the Spurs saying this???

If he isn't then please, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:21 PM
what the fuck is this bullshit?

who reported Duncan is done for the season? Pop said Duncan will be back with about 5 games left. He said it again today. I think I will go with that over some idiot posters claims. Hell I saw a mention in Manu's forum from Manu that Duncan was doing good and better than expected. Did he just make that stuff up?

I was at the game today and Duncan was walking around fine

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Got a link from the Spurs saying this???

insidehoops.com

Back in 2000, Spurs said Duncan would be back but that was all bullshit, just like anything thinking he can come back for this seaosn

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:24 PM
what the fuck is this bullshit?

who reported Duncan is done for the season? Pop said Duncan will be back with about 5 games left. He said it again today. I think I will go with that over some idiot posters claims. Hell I saw a mention in Manu's forum from Manu that Duncan was doing good and better than expected. Did he just make that stuff up?

I was at the game today and Duncan was walking around fine

its one thing to walk around and its another thing to play in the NBA you fukkin moron

T Park
03-27-2005, 10:29 PM
so insidehoops.com is the Spurs official statement??

They also said that a PC back in december was to announce Karl Malone was signing with the Spurs.

But, they are the OFFICIAL WORD!! dumbfuckl

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:30 PM
so insidehoops.com is the Spurs official statement??

They also said that a PC back in december was to announce Karl Malone was signing with the Spurs.

But, they are the OFFICIAL WORD!! dumbfuckl

just like the Spurs said Duncan was fine in 2000 and after the first round he would return

that turned out to be complete bullshit and Duncan then had knee surgery right away

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:39 PM
its one thing to walk around and its another thing to play in the NBA you fukkin moron

your the fucking moron claiming Duncan is done for the year when there is not one credible report whatsoever this is true. Gee...if Duncan's ankle is doing sooooo poorly and getting worse...do you actually think he WOULD be walking around without any limp or even crutches?

Im sorry..insidehoops.com is not some credible source. everyone (except you it seems) knows that site is full of shit on rumors. Duncan had a grade 2 sprain. This isnt some injury like in 2000 that requires surgery you dumbfuck. Why would players like Ginobili be talking about Duncan doing better if it was all bullshit?

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:48 PM
your the fucking moron claiming Duncan is done for the year when there is not one credible report whatsoever this is true. Gee...if Duncan's ankle is doing sooooo poorly and getting worse...do you actually think he WOULD be walking around without any limp or even crutches?

Im sorry..insidehoops.com is not some credible source. everyone (except you it seems) knows that site is full of shit on rumors. Duncan had a grade 2 sprain. This isnt some injury like in 2000 that requires surgery you dumbfuck. Why would players like Ginobili be talking about Duncan doing better if it was all bullshit?

ITS ALL BULLSHIT, Duncan should of taped his damn ankle now the Spurs must watch the finals from their damn sofa

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-27-2005, 10:50 PM
Fans also must realize when the season is over

now that Duncan is done, are you stupid enough to think that we can still win a title? :lol :lol :lol

Fans no you stupid it's just one fan you that realize the season is over,than you get your info from insidehoops.com :elephant :elephant .grade school kids are more realiable than insidehoops .com.SPURS never said DUNCAN was going to be out 2 or 4 games. go join some other team bandwagon

DuncanMVP
03-27-2005, 10:53 PM
Fans no you stupid it's just one fan you that realize the season is over,than you get your info from insidehoops.com :elephant :elephant .grade school kids are more realiable than insidehoops .com.SPURS never said DUNCAN was going to be out 2 or 4 games. go join some other team bandwagon

2 to 4 games for his PREVIOUS ankle injury you dumbass

DuncanRulz
03-27-2005, 10:55 PM
ITS ALL BULLSHIT, Duncan should of taped his damn ankle now the Spurs must watch the finals from their damn sofa

Duncan is not out for the year and the playoffs have not been determined. your fucking clueless

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-27-2005, 10:55 PM
2 to 4 games for his PREVIOUS ankle injury you dumbass

DUMBASS NO YOU DAMBASS :elephant :elephant :elephant