PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's game was officiated fairly...

pauls931
05-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I saw calls go both ways. Denver just needs to learn to make freethrows to pad their leads. Good teams like LA and Boston can always make a push in the final 2 or 3 minutes to clear a 5 or 6 point gap.

I saw calls go both ways and was amazed that denver was able to strip kobe more than once without the whistle blowing.

Good hard played game.

manufan10
05-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I agree. There was missed calls or dumb foul calls for both teams. If Denver doesn't miss all those FT's they win the game.

Brazil
05-20-2009, 09:17 AM
yeah the two last calls for kobe were legit

ambchang
05-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I find it amusing that a thread has to be made about this as if it was some accomplishment by the league. Shouldn't we assume this is the case?

Fabbs
05-20-2009, 09:46 AM
I find it amusing that a thread has to be made about this as if it was some accomplishment by the league. Shouldn't we assume this is the case?
+1 :lol :toast

You can make sense ambchang. :toast

TheNextGen
05-20-2009, 10:00 AM
lol...when the Lakers get in foul trouble and the Nuggets shoot way more free throws, its all of a sudden fair refereeing.

djohn2oo8
05-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah, especially when Kobe continues to use his elbow to get his defender off.....DAHNTAY JONES LOL

DeadlyDynasty
05-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah, especially when Kobe continues to use his elbow to get his defender off.....DAHNTAY JONES LOL

:cry:cry:cry

Allanon
05-20-2009, 02:13 PM
lol...when the Lakers get in foul trouble and the Nuggets shoot way more free throws, its all of a sudden fair refereeing.

This is sadly true of many non-Lakers fan opinions. If the Lakers get jobbed, it's a "fairly called" game. If the Lakers happen to shoot a couple more free throws, the Refs gave the game to the Lakers :lmao

Lakers have played 13 games so far in the Playoffs. Out of those 13 games, the oppponent shot more free throws than the Lakers in 8 of them.. The Jazz and Rockets getting more free throws...what has this world come to?

Even yesterday the Nuggets got 35 free throws in LA compared to the Lakers 24 (I tihnk those were the numbers)

And then you look at one of the other Top teams like the Cavaliers.

They have played 8 games and their opponent has shot more free throws than them in only 1 game.

Out of the remaining 4 teams, the Lakers get the least Ref love.

So much for Home Court "Advantage" and Stern instructing his refs to get the Lakers to the Finals..... they're doing a damn terrible job of it. Stern better go have a meeting with refs and straighten them out again if he wants a Kobe/LeBron Finals :lol

LeCrab
05-20-2009, 02:29 PM
The Laker's superstar, my roommate and my good slithery friend, settles for a lot of jumpers. Their best post player shies away from contact. Their center has lost his confidence and can't even get starter minutes. There's a reason there's a free throw discrepancy like that.

Now, 24, crab up and keep attacking those nets. KOBE! Playoffs! Playoffs! Kobe! Come on Kobe! Playoffs! Get excited 24! Playoffs! Kobe!

Allanon
05-20-2009, 02:35 PM
The Laker's superstar, my roommate and my good slithery friend, settles for a lot of jumpers. Their best post player shies away from contact. Their center has lost his confidence and can't even get starter minutes. There's a reason there's a free throw discrepancy like that.

Now, 24, crab up and keep attacking those nets. KOBE! Playoffs! Playoffs! Kobe! Come on Kobe! Playoffs! Get excited 24! Playoffs! Kobe!

Hahah, roommate with 3 chaaampionship rings?

But seriously, the entire Jazz team is filled with jumpshooters. Everybody outside of Yao and Scola are jumpshooters for the Rockets. And you look at the Cavaliers and everybody on that team is a jumpshooter.

Lakers score more points in the paint than ANY team in the NBA, yet they are getting the least number of foul shots.

I'm not complaining about the reffing, I just find it funny that people think the Lakers actually get favorable reffing dictated by Stern...they haven't this year for the most part. If the Lakers win the Championship this year, it will be despite David Stern and the Refs :rollin

ambchang
05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
After the conclusion of the playoffs, I will run a regression model on the FTs taken vs. the FGs taken (broken down by dunks, inside shots, midrange shots and outside shots). THe process is painful with lots of manual labour involved, but I enjoy doing it,
It gives some indication of which players shoot more FTs than expected, and which teams shoot more FTs than expected. Definitely not an end to the discussion, but it will be a statistical method of looking at giving more information to the debate.

P.S. Also provided I have time.