PDA

View Full Version : Imagine if Tony Romo did this

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4187069&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Brady missing from Patriots OTAs

Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe) were back on the practice field, with many veterans -- including quarterback Tom Brady (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2330) -- skipping the voluntary workout.
(http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80aa5f0a&campaign=ec0009)

Three days of organized team activities wrapped up on Wednesday. About 50 players took part, many of them rookies and free agents trying to get a handle on a new system.Brady and new wife Gisele Bundchen were spotted at a charity fundraiser on Tuesday night. A Patriots spokesman declined to comment on whether the quarterback had been at the stadium to work out.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

So let's see...Tony gets bashed for playing a little golf...NOT during practice or OTA's...on a day off...but it's no big deal when Brady skips OTA's and hang out with his wife. Nice.

gaKNOW!blee
05-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Who do know what Tom Brady has accomplished in this league right? He can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Who do know what Tom Brady has accomplished in this league right? He can do whatever the fuck he wants.
Not what I'm saying...yes..he's accomplished a lot. But after a season that ended WAY too early because of an injury, you'd think he'd want to be practicing every day to get ready for the season. Fact remains..if Romo was doing what Brady was doing, he'd be bashed.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Tony Romo got trashed for going on vacation when the coach told the team to go on vacation. When he wins a couple of super bowls, those sharks will stop circling.

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Tony Romo got trashed for going on vacation when the coach told the team to go on vacation. When he wins a couple of super bowls, those sharks will stop circling.
I know..still kind of irritating as a Cowboys fan to see people using a double standard against Dallas.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2009, 01:13 AM
I know..still kind of irritating as a Cowboys fan to see people using a double standard against Dallas.

It's not a double standard. Romo hasn't won anything, Brady has. Controversies of this sort around the Cowboys start in Dallas, so it's not like there's anybody outside of the fanbase to blame.

samikeyp
05-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Things like this have been happening to the Cowboys for years. Irvin gets busted for a trace of coke, gets suspended 5 games, Bam Morris gets busted with a trunk full of weed, gets 4 games. Irvin's a druggie,(which is true or at least was) Brett Favre admits an addiction to Vicodin and he's a hero. Deion Sanders gets busted for fishing on airport property, its the lead story on ESPN, Gilbert Brown beats up his girlfriend and its barely reported. Love them or hate them, the Cowboys are news and as long as that is the case, they will get extra attention. Its not always fair but it is reality.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Some of you missed the point:

Tony gets bashed for playing a little golf..NOT during practice or OTA's...on a day off

People are bashing Romo for trying to make the cut for the U.S. Open. He's playing a little golf, on his days off, and people are calling him out. Media and fans alike. He didn't skip any OTA's, and nothing of the sort. He was playing golf on HIS OWN TIME.

While Brady has won some titles, he did miss a whole year after being injured. He could really benefit from the OTA's.

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Last I checked Brady has already proven himself to be a warrior and shown his dedication to the team.

Last I checked Tony Romo was busy passing the buck and talking about how he doesn't care too much about losing.

I don't think Romo is any less committed to his team than Brady, but Romo brought the criticism upon himself with all his misguided comments.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Last I checked Brady has already proven himself to be a warrior and shown his dedication to the team.

Last I checked Tony Romo was busy passing the buck and talking about how he doesn't care too much about losing.

I don't think Romo is any less committed to his team than Brady, but Romo brought the criticism upon himself with all his misguided comments.
Yes..agreed...but what is wrong with using your time off to play golf..especially when golf helps your concentration and focus? Brady is a great quarterback...but a warrior would be in practice every day after being out an entire year from injury.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 02:31 PM
There's no one on the Cowboys' coaching staff whom he listens to, which leads to a lot of his careless throws. Since Parcells, Sparano and former quarterbacks coach David Lee have left the building, Romo doesn't have anyone willing to put him in his place.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-10-92/All-eyes-on-Romo-now-that-Owens-is-gone.html

From Matt Mosley at espn.com

What do y'all think about that quote?

samikeyp
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-10-92/All-eyes-on-Romo-now-that-Owens-is-gone.html

If that is true, then Jerry needs to say something.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 02:36 PM
if that is true, then jerry needs to say something.
+1000

manufan10
05-21-2009, 02:40 PM
I've never heard anything about that. I'm curious where he got that information. I've never heard that Romo doesn't listen to the coaches. But I agree that if it's true, Jerry needs to say/do something about it.

Dr. Gonzo
05-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Sometimes when players lead their teams to multiple championships they get a little bit of leeway when it comes to practice.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Sometimes when players lead their teams to multiple championships they get a little bit of leeway when it comes to practice.
That's not the point. If you were out the entire year with injury..and you were a team role model, wouldn't you show up to practice?

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
That's not the point. If you were out the entire year with injury..and you were a team role model, wouldn't you show up to practice?

Maybe being a role model is rehabbing your ass off while hurt to ensure that you're ready for the next season, all the while doing whatever you can to help the guy taking your place.

Not taking a month off because your pinky hurts.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 02:56 PM
Maybe being a role model is rehabbing your ass off while hurt to ensure that you're ready for the next season, all the while doing whatever you can to help the guy taking your place.

So taking a whole year off because your knee hurts is ok?

http://www.profile-comments.com/images/posters/images/dumb.jpg

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Aww..yeah..let's look at it with hater glasses on. First off, Brady is cleared to play..period. Romo had a broken bone in his hand...I was a quarterback. As a quarterback, you throw off your pinky...if that is broken, you cannot play..period. And if you remember correctly, which I'm sure you don't because you hate the Cowboys, Romo wanted to play the next week after a conversation with Brett Favre. Cowboys brass wouldn't let him..BRADY is the one choosing NOT to practice.

Obstructed_View
05-21-2009, 03:38 PM

That's a rather stupid characterization. Romo spent most of last year being micromanaged about who he throws to and when he throws to them by everyone from the media to his starting wide receiver. If allowed to run through his progressions, he makes good choices with the football. Another thing to note: when running for his life, he makes terrible choices with the football.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
That's a rather stupid characterization. Romo spent most of last year being micromanaged about who he throws to and when he throws to them by everyone from the media to his starting wide receiver. If allowed to run through his progressions, he makes good choices with the football. Another thing to note: when running for his life, he makes terrible choices with the football.
The thing is though, that used to be one of the best facets of his game. He could run and get the ball right where it needed to be. It was when he started training with Tom Brady's trainer, because he thought he needed to be like Tom Brady, that he started screwing up on the run.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 03:50 PM

I think he does some great things when he's running for his life. He does have his moments though.

Dr. Gonzo
05-21-2009, 03:54 PM
I think he does some great things when he's running for his life. He does have his moments though.

So did Kordell Stewart.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 03:55 PM
So did Kordell Stewart.

Tony Romo is a better QB than Kordell Stewart. Slash was a great athlete, but he wasn't that great of a QB.

BUMP
05-21-2009, 03:55 PM
Practice? We talking about......practice?

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 04:36 PM
So taking a whole year off because your knee hurts is ok?

Um, yeah, when your ENTIRE FUCKING KNEE IS BLOWN OUT, I'd say so.

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I was a quarterback.

:lmao oh okay, so that means you know exactly what it's like to be in Romo/Brady's shoes. How bout you state the obvious and tell us all you're a douchebag too.

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I was a quarterback.

http://www.fantasyteamnames.com/images/uncle_rico.jpg

samikeyp
05-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Both guys were injured and both were legit. To think otherwise is stupid. I highly doubt that either player was milking the injury. A lot of vets skip OTA's for various reasons.

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Typical whiny ass Cowboy fans crying because Tony Romo doesn't get the respect Tom Brady gets. If Tom Brady skipped the workouts, it was for a good reason. If Romo did something like this, doesn't matter what the reason is, he gets criticized because of his past track record. Maybe if he didn't say retarded shit like what he did after getting his brains beaten in by Philadelphia, he'd get more respect.

samikeyp
05-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical whiny ass Cowboy fans crying because Tony Romo doesn't get the respect Tom Brady gets. If Tom Brady skipped the workouts, it was for a good reason. If Romo did something like this, doesn't matter what the reason is, he gets criticized because of his past track record. Maybe if he didn't say retarded shit like what he did after getting his brains beaten in by Philadelphia, he'd get more respect.

how exactly is this...

Both guys were injured and both were legit. To think otherwise is stupid. I highly doubt that either player was milking the injury. A lot of vets skip OTA's for various reasons.

being a "typical whiny ass Cowboys fan"

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 04:54 PM
how exactly is this...

being a "typical whiny ass Cowboys fan"

Wasn't talking to you.

samikeyp
05-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Wasn't talking to you.

Fair enough but don't you believe that Cowboys fans are whiners?

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Fair enough but don't you believe that Cowboys fans are whiners?

the vast majority, yes. This thread doesn't help change that opinion.

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM
This would be like if I whined about a time when Tim Duncan took a jumper at the end of the game, wondering why he doesn't get criticized like Dirk does for it.

samikeyp
05-21-2009, 04:58 PM

How did you determine that? In order for that to be an accurate statement, you would have to know exactly how many fans there are and then determine what a majority is.

Maybe Dallas, like every other sports team, has their fare share of whiners but we just tend to hear them more.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 04:59 PM
LMAO..wow..ignorance personified. First off, there isn't a Cowboys fan ALIVE who thinks Romo deserves the respect Brady gets. If there is, they're kidding themselves. Brady skipped the workouts to go to a dinner with his wife that night. Is that a good reason? He hung out with his wife for the day and went to a dinner with her that night. I don't think Romo is on level with Brady..never said that. All I'm saying is that you'd think the guy would want to practice as much as possible with his teammates after being out all year with an injury.

samikeyp
05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
LMAO..wow..ignorance personified. First off, there isn't a Cowboys fan ALIVE who thinks Romo deserves the respect Brady gets. If there is, they're kidding themselves. Brady skipped the workouts to go to a dinner with his wife that night. Is that a good reason? He hung out with his wife for the day and went to a dinner with her that night. I don't think Romo is on level with Brady..never said that. All I'm saying is that you'd think the guy would want to practice as much as possible with his teammates after being out all year with an injury.

True.

I wish I could make that statement. That would mean Dallas would have 8 titles.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Whiners? Cowboys fans haven't seen a playoff since 1996...we've choked at the end of every year. What the hell is there to whine about? Don't talk trash just to talk trash...makes you seem shallow.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 05:02 PM
True.

I wish I could make that statement. That would mean Dallas would have 8 titles.
Yeah...because Dallas has had more talent than New England on at least 2 out of their 3 SBs they've won lately...just some stupid pigheaded plays..not just by QB1..but by the whole damn team..

monosylab1k
05-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Brady skipped the workouts to go to a dinner with his wife that night. Is that a good reason? He hung out with his wife for the day and went to a dinner with her that night.

How do you know that's why he skipped? How do you know he didn't have a sore shoulder, or that his knee wasn't feeling right that day? You don't, so shut the fuck up.

You created this thread to bitch about how "Losing doesn't bother me" Romo gets criticized for shit that Brady gets a pass on, without realizing that Romo brings that shit upon himself. If you didn't, then why did you bring it up in the very first post dumbshit.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Um, yeah, when your ENTIRE FUCKING KNEE IS BLOWN OUT, I'd say so.

Romo had a broken pinkie, missed a month.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
:lmao oh okay, so that means you know exactly what it's like to be in Romo/Brady's shoes. How bout you state the obvious and tell us all you're a douchebag too.
Idiot..all I'm saying is that I know you throw off your pinky...and if it's broken, your throws are very erratic. But at the same time, he wanted to play.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 05:19 PM
How do you know that's why he skipped? How do you know he didn't have a sore shoulder, or that his knee wasn't feeling right that day? You don't, so shut the fuck up.

You created this thread to bitch about how "Losing doesn't bother me" Romo gets criticized for shit that Brady gets a pass on, without realizing that Romo brings that shit upon himself. If you didn't, then why did you bring it up in the very first post dumbshit.
douchebag...read the fucking article..it's right in there. I DID put it in the very first post. you are so damn stupid it's unbelievable. I'm done talking to you. You're a hater and there ain't a damn thing anyone can say that would make you think any one member of the Dallas Cowboys is a good person, or a hard worker....if Romo skipped practice, you'd be all over his ass in this thread. I mean shit..he broke his lead finger and you were acting like it was no big deal. If you want to hate, that's fine, hate. But don't act like you know what the fuck you're talking about when it comes to me.

tonylongoriafan
05-22-2009, 08:49 AM
the biggest issue is that tony romo acts like he doesn't care if the cowboys win or loss

samikeyp
05-22-2009, 08:58 AM
the biggest issue is that tony romo acts like he doesn't care if the cowboys win or loss

I would disagree. Off the field he is pretty carefree, on it not so much. In fact I think that is why he tends to make the mistakes he does.

samikeyp.
05-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Yeah because all Cowboy fans whine :rolleyes

samikeyp
05-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah because all Cowboy fans whine :rolleyes

Hey! My troll is back! Good to see you! :toast

manufan10
05-22-2009, 11:10 AM
NjplYy_zT0Y

He's done some pretty spectacular stuff when he's running for his life.

dirk4mvp
05-22-2009, 12:10 PM
lol 44-6

IronMexican
05-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I forgot how many rings Romo had on his hand.

benefactor
05-22-2009, 12:18 PM
lol 44-6
4rBA41f7A0c

dirk4mvp
05-22-2009, 01:48 PM
:lol :lol

Is that the same guy that did Shady Brady and Bill Bellicheat?

Spursfan092120
05-22-2009, 01:50 PM
:lol :lol

Is that the same guy that did Shady Brady and Bill Bellicheat?
Yep..and this one.

Ub14_iNzt9w

:)