PDA

View Full Version : Kris Allen wins American Idol!

Heath Ledger
05-20-2009, 09:03 PM
yOU SAW \IT HERE FIRST LADIES AND GENTS! HA HA THAT FLAMBOYANT BITCH LOST!

Heath Ledger
05-20-2009, 09:05 PM
LOL I'm so fucking happy to see that Lambert lost, all he does is scream and wear eyeliner.

IceColdBrewski
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh goodie. Another American Idol thread. You were really taking this shit seriously weren't you? :lol

ploto
05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
He is just more in the mold of a pop idol. I also believe that people like the underdog and the fact that Adam seemed to be the preferred one in advance produced a backlash.

Do not underestimate the power of teenage girls to vote for the cute guy! They are the same group that spends money to see the same movie over and over.

MiamiHeat
05-20-2009, 09:13 PM
you watch that crap?

ashbeeigh
05-20-2009, 09:13 PM
I would have been happy either way. I know Perez Hilton is going to cry his little eyes out and bitch and moan because a "gay" didn't win. But, it is what it is. I'm sorry.

There are and will continue to be plenty of AI contestants that will do well just by being part of the contests.

Frenzy
05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
good for him

Heath Ledger
05-20-2009, 09:18 PM
I actually just watched the last minute so I could rub it in my gf's face when Lambert lost cuz she was all up on his jock.

duncan228
05-20-2009, 09:36 PM
No surprise, Disney over Glam.

I'm glad Adam got as far as he did. I'm curious to see what kind of album he puts out.

duncan228
05-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Oh, Heath, just a personal note.

If you'd called the thread "American Idol winner inside" it would have been appreciated. Because of the time zones California starts the show in 15 minutes, we didn't know yet. I would have had the choice to look or wait. :)

David Bowie
05-20-2009, 09:54 PM
:depressed WE need a flamboyant American Idol to represent.

ashbeeigh
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM

If you'd called the thread "American Idol winner inside" it would have been appreciated. Because of the time zones California starts the show in 15 minutes, we didn't know yet. I would have had the choice to look or wait. :)

Oh no! That's lame! I'm sorry!

JMarkJohns
05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
He's a lifelong friend of a very good friend of mine. My friend is getting married in December and I told her she should have Allen sing at the wedding. That'd be pretty awesome if it could happen.

IceColdBrewski
05-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Wifey watches the show. More often than not, I'll find a ball game or something else to watch in the bedroom. But I did watch it with her more this season than in season's past. From the shows I watched, Adam just seemed to be in a different league than the rest of them. The screaching was annoying, but still, his vocal range was head and shoulders above anyone else in the competition. It was never more evident than last night during the 3rd song that both had to sing. Kris was swallowed up by the music, and Adam belted it out like it was no problem.

If it were up to the judges, I'm sure Adam would've been the clear winner. But like someone already said, it's a popularity contest among the tweener girls.

duncan228
05-20-2009, 10:28 PM
From the shows I watched, Adam just seemed to be in a different league than the rest of them. The screaching was annoying, but still, his vocal range was head and shoulders above anyone else in the competition. It was never more evident than last night during the 3rd song that both had to sing. Kris was swallowed up by the music, and Adam belted it out like it was no problem.

If it were up to the judges, I'm sure Adam would've been the clear winner. But like someone already said, it's a popularity contest among the tweener girls.

You got it.

Adam was in another league, a professional against amatuers. He took anything they threw at him and made it his.

I'm not surprised at all that he didn't win. But he's got his chance. I hope he makes the most of it, the guy can sing.

FaithInOne
05-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Probably better for the dude. American idol owns the souls of the winners.

ploto
05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Adam was in another league, a professional against amatuers. He took anything they threw at him and made it his.

He can sing but it really is not a singing contest.

chode_regulator
05-20-2009, 11:06 PM
OMG!!!!!111!1!!!11!!!!

did the world end?

who gives a fuck

chode_regulator
05-20-2009, 11:07 PM

GASP

He's a lifelong friend of a very good friend of mine. My friend is getting married in December and I told her she should have Allen sing at the wedding. That'd be pretty awesome if it could happen.

:rolleyes

Mugshot
05-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Thousands of Emos are jumping off bridges as I type this.

Cleveland Steamer
05-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Too bad he sucks. The guy got by on good looks and by not being the gay one.

Mark my words, he'll sale less records than Taylor Hicks.

Avitus1
05-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Wtf?

BlackSwordsMan
05-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Probably better for the dude. American idol owns the souls of the winners.

carrie underwood

E20
05-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Gay people will never win American Idol.

The blonde haired dude that was gay who lost to the fat black dude lost and this guy lost too.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2009, 12:38 AM
don't forget about sideshow bob fag from season 1

Rapper
05-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Well

Kris is okay but not very good

Adam and Danny are absolutely stronger and better than Kris

God damn, what's wrong with american people?

How come you guys voted for Kris?????

Rapper
05-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Next season

American Idol should change its name to "Global idol"

duncan228
05-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Mark my words, he'll sale less records than Taylor Hicks.

He'll sell less records than Adam.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2009, 01:46 AM

He'll also suck less peni then Adam

ploto
05-21-2009, 07:28 AM

Actually, I don't agree. I think Adam is not very commercial as a solo artist unless he tones it down. Kris has a built in audience of young girls. Plus, if he goes the Christian music route, he will sell a ton.

I remember people saying Carrie Underwood was too country and look at all she has sold in that genre. It is about finding your niche and Broadway show tunes don't have a big music-buying base.

WilliamHung
05-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Adam will do well. AI has been very good to me.

leemajors
05-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Adam will do well. AI has been very good to me.

you were great on arrested development

jack sommerset
05-21-2009, 08:44 AM
A tranny winning American Idol would have been yet another example America is screwed up.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-21-2009, 08:50 AM
yay for kris. hopefully people saw that adam was just a glorified glee student. he was good 'cause he acts along with the song he's doing. case in point was the song that kara wrote. he sounded lost 'cause he didn't have anything to copy. back to broadway, glam boy, or The Darkness if they decide to press on without the old sinder. by the way i don't think kris was the best singer. hopefully he makes the most of it. he seems humble enough. oh, and i think i've lost the last bit of respect i had for KISS. that just didn't need to happen.

Road House Captain
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Who watches AI anyway?

Spurminator
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
I gained a lot of respect for Kris when he made "How Sweet It Is" enjoyable. I hate that song every other time I hear it.

cornbread
05-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Who watches AI anyway?

Far more people than the number of people who admit to watching it.

MANGINA
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
I watched bits and pieces but never an entire show.

Spurminator
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
There is a lot of real crap on TV today, so I have a hard time getting worked up about the intellectual devoidness of a high-stakes karaoke contest.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
i think i may have gained back a little respect for KISS

KISS co-founder Gene Simmons was asked whether Lambert would be invited to join the band on the road this fall. "No," said Simmons. "He'd be better off joining Queen."

:lmao

duncan228
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Who watches AI anyway?

Far more people than the number of people who admit to watching it.

They got almost 100 million votes for the finale this season. That's a lot of people watching considering more watch than vote.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 03:08 PM
i voted 100 times for kris..i cant stand Adam Lambert. wooot!

also..my stupid facebook cousins from the philippines spoiled it for me...i guess they were watching it there live Eastern showing. I logged on at 8pm pst and i see status's taht said 'Woot Kris Allen won!". I was like FUCKK!!!!! Show was good anyways. lol

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Actually, I don't agree. I think Adam is not very commercial as a solo artist unless he tones it down. Kris has a built in audience of young girls. Plus, if he goes the Christian music route, he will sell a ton.

I remember people saying Carrie Underwood was too country and look at all she has sold in that genre. It is about finding your niche and Broadway show tunes don't have a big music-buying base.

People are already comapring Kris to Chris Tomlin the christian recordign artist.

Spurminator
05-21-2009, 08:56 PM

KISS co-founder Gene Simmons was asked whether Lambert would be invited to join the band on the road this fall. "No," said Simmons. "He'd be better off joining Queen."

Well, KISS' gay singer is still alive so I doubt they're looking for a replacement.

JudynTX
05-22-2009, 02:32 PM

:lol :lol:lol Oh you know Bryan May was asking Adam if he wanted to be a part of the band! He whispered in his ear.

duncan228
05-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Oh you know Ryan May was asking Adam if he wanted to be a part of the band! He whispered in his ear.

Brian May. :)

JudynTX
05-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Thx :lol

ashbeeigh
05-22-2009, 03:20 PM
People are already comapring Kris to Chris Tomlin the christian recordign artist.

He'll have to have some massive staying power to really compare to Chris Tomlin. And man, do I love me some Chris Tomlin music on my bad days.

But, in all seriousness, I pictured him on K-LOVE in the beginning of the show and that was it. And I might still. We'll have to see. I mean, I love the guy..he's amazing and talented. And there are plenty of reasons why he won...but will he be main stream top forty or be relegated to the Christian station with Chris Sly and Mandisa? Do people even remember those two AI contestants? Who knows.

angel_luv
05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
I like Mandisa.