PDA

View Full Version : Vince considering legal action against Nuggets owner

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 09:17 PM
OK..I could be wrong about Vince taking the high road..lol...but I wouldn't blame him at all if he did this...

Vince McMahon spoke to 9News and once again seems to be considering legal action against Denver Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke. McMahon said:
"It's really unfortunate because if he were just a regular business man and picked up the phone and said, 'Vince, you know, we're throwing you out but I want to make it right, what can we do?' I never heard from Kroenke, I don't know if anyone else has either, by the way, he's somewhat of a Howard Hughes guy I understand. I think our company has been damaged severely from a financial standpoint and from a psychological[/URL] standpoint as well. You don't treat people the way Kroenke's management treated us. I'm not a litigious kind of guy, but quite frankly when we have a contract and we have over 10,000 tickets sold and you just say: we're out, and we're not going to do anything for you, you know we're not going to make any restitution. We may pay for your additional expenses, that's it. There could very well be a lawsuit down the road."

[URL]http://rajah.com/base/node/16099 (http://rajah.com/base/node/16099#)

LakerHater
05-20-2009, 09:31 PM
I fuckin hate wrestling but, I kinda agree with him!

Cry Havoc
05-20-2009, 09:35 PM
This is BS.

Makes no sense for the WWE to get into a battle with the Nuggets and piss off any Nuggets fans that also like wrestling.

My bet is that Vince and Kroenke, and the Nuggets have all got together and agreed to milk this thing for as much press as possible so that it works out in the WWE's favor. The WWE deserves to get attention from the media for this, and if they continue to play their cards right it will likely be a nice PR boost for them.

Spursfan092120
05-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Not really BS..he had a contract, and stands to lose a lot of money from tickets on this. I would be pissed off myself.

Dex
05-20-2009, 10:22 PM
It was pretty fucked up to double-book the night. I hope somebody got fired.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 09:38 AM
WWE was to hold ECW/Smackdown at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday night. Now, it is going to be at Staples Center just like RAW. :lmao McMahon just said, " :flipoff " to Kroenke!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/wwe-screws-pepsi-center-moves-sd-to-la-with-raw-77365

spurscenter
05-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Dont fuck with a Marketing Genius like McMahon.

Allanon
05-21-2009, 12:07 PM
This is gonna cost Kroenke some money, that's for sure.

Vince is just milking the cow; as he should.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Love him or hate him, you have to respect a businessman that has been able to get his name and face all over the cable network that will be airing his main competition in the time slot. Vince is pwning Nuggets and ESPN.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
vince is gonna get paid for breach of contract

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Vince is taking money away from The Pepsi Center, and you can damn sure bet he won't be taking any events there anytime soon..Pay Per Views, television shows, or house shows...Denver just lost a LOT of money. Kroenke is an idiot.

TDMVPDPOY
05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
vince is gonna get paid for breach of contract

yeh that contract x3 = $$$ rich bitch

manufan10
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
and you can damn sure bet he won't be taking any events there anytime soon..Pay Per Views, television shows, or house shows...

Vince has already started:

WWE was to hold ECW/Smackdown at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday night. Now, it is going to be at Staples Center just like RAW. McMahon just said, ":flipoff " to Kroenke!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...with-raw-77365

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
yeh that contract x3 = $$$ rich bitch
Yeah..exactly..and you can bet he'll probably sell out or at least get close to selling out in LA too...even with less than a week to do so...an that will mean more money.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Vince has already started:
Oh I know...my source told me about that a few days ago..I knew that was coming. And he won't be back for a LONG time..if ever...if you cross someone like Vince, he holds grudges...and with cities all over the world wanting the WWE's services, you can bet Denver won't mean shit to them anymore.

sribb43
05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
WWE is returning to Denver in August but at the Denver Coliseum :lmao

manufan10
05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh I know...my source told me about that a few days ago..I knew that was coming. And he won't be back for a LONG time..if ever...if you cross someone like Vince, he holds grudges...and with cities all over the world wanting the WWE's services, you can bet Denver won't mean shit to them anymore.

For what happened, they shouldn't. I'd much rather have them come to Texas more often anyway. :toast

Whisky Dog
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Since the WWE does so many house shows a year they book these places like a year to year and a half in advance. The problem wasn't a double booking - the Spurs just weren't there to knock the Nuggets out again to keep this from happening. The problem was the Nuggets and arena ownership, Kronke or whatever his name is, not communicating the situation and making things right. Things like this occassionally happen, but the business partners should work together to make it right when they do.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 12:47 PM
For what happened, they shouldn't. I'd much rather have them come to Texas more often anyway. :toast
oh yeah..definitely. WWE loves Texas...we sell out the arenas every time. Most places do, but they love the crowd in Texas.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 12:49 PM
I went to Wrestlemania 25, now that was impressive. I've been to Vengeance, Night of Champions and several RAW shows, but oh my damn. All the people at Reliant Stadium blew me away.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I went to Wrestlemania 25, now that was impressive. I've been to Vengeance, Night of Champions and several RAW shows, but oh my damn. All the people at Reliant Stadium blew me away.
Yep..I went to WM 17 when it was in Houston..I've been to a LOT of Raw and Smackdown shows, and Royal Rumble...I can't even remember them all..lol. Met a bunch of the guys too...great guys...can't think of a single one that was rude to me.

Whisky Dog
05-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Also, how the hell do the nuggets not have a bump clause if a home playoff game falls on that date? This just doesn't sound right

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 01:09 PM
WWE is returning to Denver in August but at the Denver Coliseum :lmao
LOL...yep..I doubt they'll ever hit the Pepsi Center again...going by a source I have, it's very doubtful.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Also, how the hell do the nuggets not have a bump clause if a home playoff game falls on that date? This just doesn't sound right
Contract is a contract. Kroenke is an idiot. They never did anything like that...otherwise that would have come out.

BacktoBasics
05-21-2009, 01:13 PM
What I don't understand is why the NBA didn't try and work around this. It would have been in the best interest of everyone to have scheduled an early game or simply push it back a day. I agree with Vince here. The NBA should have definitely offered up some kind of reasonable solution to make this work. Yeah yeah I know its not their responsibility but this whole mess could have been avoided with a little brainwork instead of all these richers tossing around their weight.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 01:17 PM
What I don't understand is why the NBA didn't try and work around this. It would have been in the best interest of everyone to have scheduled an early game or simply push it back a day. I agree with Vince here. The NBA should have definitely offered up some kind of reasonable solution to make this work. Yeah yeah I know its not their responsibility but this whole mess could have been avoided with a little brainwork instead of all these richers tossing around their weight.
Yeah...I agree. But in the end, it's up to Kroenke and Vince to handle it. Even though he had a contract, Vince would have been ok with all of this if Kroenke had tried to get in contact with him, instead of just having some crony tell Vince he wasn't backing down. Kroenke isn't a better person or higher up than Vince..they both have businesses...he could have had the balls to speak to Vince personally..and Vince would have had no problem with helping them out. Instead, he treated him like a nobody...Vince hates that shit. Pepsi Center is done with the WWE..Kroenke just lost a lot of money.

jacobdrj
05-21-2009, 01:22 PM
While I didn't see the contract, assuming Vince isn't lying about it... Why is this even a question? The Pepsi-Center owners are in the wrong. Period. There is no grey area here. The should have told the NBA that the arena was booked that day, and to change the schedule accordingly. They didn't. Those owners should pay every cent they cost the WWE for transportation, ticket vending, and Staples Venue cost.

Spurminator
05-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't get any of this really. I don't understand why we can have 5 days between first round games but this game HAD to fall on that night. I don't understand why the Nuggets would be the ones to blame and not the NBA, the TV network, or someone else. I don't get why people pay good money to see nearly naked men pretend to fight each other. I don't get any of it.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 01:26 PM
While I didn't see the contract, assuming Vince isn't lying about it... Why is this even a question? The Pepsi-Center owners are in the wrong. Period. There is no grey area here. The should have told the NBA that the arena was booked that day, and to change the schedule accordingly. They didn't. Those owners should pay every cent they cost the WWE for transportation, ticket vending, and Staples Venue cost.
It is a contract..you have to have a contract to book a stadium like the Pepsi Center. Yes..they are in the wrong. And they would have told the NBA it was booked that day, but it wasn't. The WWE booked the arena back in August of 2008 for this event...and Stan Kroenke didn't think enough of his Denver Nuggets to make sure the arena was booked through June just in case they did well in the playoffs. Ignorant mistake. But somehow they got out of it. Vince may sue for all the money it takes to get there, and at the same time, Stan Kroenke will probably never see the WWE for Pay Per Views, Raw, Smackdown, ECW, Superstars, or House Shows ever again...they make stadiums a LOT of money..but probably never the Pepsi Center again...wow..what a fuckup.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't get any of this really. I don't understand why we can have 5 days between first round games but this game HAD to fall on that night. I don't understand why the Nuggets would be the ones to blame and not the NBA, the TV network, or someone else. I don't get why people pay good money to see nearly naked men pretend to fight each other. I don't get any of it.
The Nuggets are to blame because they didn't inform the NBA that the night they scheduled the game, the arena was already booked. They decided to fight it. Hate on wrestling all you want, but it's a HUGE money making business. More people spend $60 for a Pay Per View than watch all playoff games of any sports, except the Super Bowl. And if you're raised watching it, like I was with my grandfather, sometimes it just stays with you. Bottom line is, it was contracted to the WWE, and Vince let the Pepsi Center out of it..but I guarantee you it will cost them a LOT of money over the years.

BlackSwordsMan
05-21-2009, 01:33 PM
how can people still watch wrestling? Wtf is wrong with america

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Same reason people watch soap operas, horror flicks, or anything else..WTF is wrong with you?

BlackSwordsMan
05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
but do they pay 500$ for front row tickets to see greg banging barbera behind shelly's back? by your answer I guess you still watch wrastlang :rollin

manufan10
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
but do they pay 500$ for front row tickets to see greg banging barbera behind shelly's back? by your answer I guess you still watch wrastlang :rollin

The $500 dollar front row ticket is only for pay-per-views. RAW, ECW, and Smackdown are closer to a $100. People pay it for the same reasons people pay that kind of money to see a concert front row. Also, with the pay-per-views, the one's sitting on the floor get to take the nice padded chair they're sitting on home. Something like this:

http://www.wrestlingkingdom.com/WWE_Chairs.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
The $500 dollar front row ticket is only for pay-per-views. RAW, ECW, and Smackdown are closer to a $100. People pay it for the same reasons people pay that kind of money to see a concert front row. Also, with the pay-per-views, the one's sitting on the floor get to take the nice padded chair they're sitting on home. Something like this:

http://www.wrestlingkingdom.com/WWE_Chairs.jpg

:rollin:rollin:rollin

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Yes..I do still watch wrestling. It was a tradition my grandfather started with me. He passed away and I still watch it in his honor...STFU. I don't care if you watch it..but don't bash people who do...who the fuck are you to judge?

manufan10
05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
yes..i do still watch wrestling. It was a tradition my grandfather started with me. He passed away and i still watch it in his honor...stfu. I don't care if you watch it..but don't bash people who do...who the fuck are you to judge?

+1

iilluzioN
05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
nWo 4 life

Bukefal
05-21-2009, 05:34 PM

Still? I dont even get why Americans ever watched this kind of wrestling. Its all fake. I dont get it. Some in here have tried to explain me. I still dont get it.

Anyway, he has the right to be pissed off

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 05:47 PM
nWo 4 life
NTlk1CGTXiY

duncan228
05-21-2009, 05:51 PM
WWE happy to tag Nuggets owner Kroenke as villain (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-nba-wweconflict&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By Rachel Cohen

WWE knows how to conjure up a villain.

Less than 24 hours after announcing it was bolting Denver for Los Angeles because of a scheduling conflict, World Wrestling Entertainment was distributing a promotional image of chairman Vince McMahon and Nuggets and Pepsi Center owner Stan Kroenke.

Superimposed above a photo of McMahon smiling beatifically was a halo; a shot of a dour-looking Kroenke had two red horns atop his head.

WWE was still milking the moment Thursday, securing space at the Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square for a news conference complete with star wrestler Triple H. Giant flat-screen TVs blared WWE highlights and supporters clapped and hollered as McMahon stepped to the podium.

No matter whether Kroenke, an owner who prefers to stay in the shadows, was closely involved in the arena being double-booked for WWE’s Monday Night Raw and a Nuggets-Lakers playoff game on the same night. WWE isn’t letting this go easily. And Kroenke himself makes a much more appealing target than the faceless entity of his company, Kroenke Sports Enterprises.

McMahon boiled down the dispute to a basic element of human conflict.

“It makes me feel like our organization and all of WWE fans have been disrespected,” he said.

McMahon insisted all he wanted was a simple apology from Kroenke.

“Had he called me and said, ‘You know what, Vince, we screwed up. We had your event and I didn’t know my team was going to make the playoffs and my management screwed up somehow. I want to apologize to you and I want to make it right in some way,”’ McMahon said.

“Had he picked up the phone and called me and said that, I really don’t know what I would have done, except I wouldn’t have done this.”

Kroenke Sports no longer wanted to engage in the debate. But it was too late to stop the publicity machine of WWE, clearly intent on inflicting as much embarrassment on the organization as possible.

“We’re not going to fuel the media fire that this guy would like us to,” said Kroenke Sports executive vice president Paul Andrews. “We’re preparing for basketball games. Whatever he does from here is of no concern.”

A lot more people will know who E. Stanley Kroenke is after Monday night, when Raw airs on USA Network from Staples Center, home of the Lakers. WWE plans a parody pitting McMahon’s character against Kroenke’s.

McMahon never missed a chance to mock Kroenke on Thursday, referring to him as “E period Stan Kroenke” on every mention and seemingly pronouncing his last name differently each time.

“I never trusted anyone with an initial for a first name,” he cracked, “and now I know why.”

WWE released the copy of a joint news release it said Kroenke Sports wanted to send out, announcing that the two sides had agreed to move Raw to Sunday night at Pepsi Center. McMahon called the wording “absurd” and claimed it doomed negotiations.

Rolling his eyes and sarcastically enunciating choice words, McMahon read aloud a passage.

“By all accounts,” the release quoted McMahon as saying, “Mr. Kroenke is one of the most respected professional sports team owners in the world, and the professional way he and his staff good-naturedly handled this conflict gives further testament to the type of business leader he is.”

That certainly contradicted the tone of McMahon’s public utterings all week, variations of this missive Thursday: “Their business management is the most inept business management we’ve ever dealt with.”

USA Network was happy to pile on to the story line, sending executive vice president Chris McCumber to the news conference.

“I want to encourage all WWE fans to tune in this week,” he said, “to stand up, show who you are, show that you can’t be pushed around.”

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 06:13 PM
A lot more people will know who E. Stanley Kroenke is after Monday night, when Raw airs on USA Network from Staples Center, home of the Lakers. WWE plans a parody pitting McMahon’s character against Kroenke’s.

I can't wait. :)

Spurs rock
05-21-2009, 06:48 PM
WWE isn't as good as it was 10 years ago. Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, nWo...good times.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 07:07 PM
WWE isn't as good as it was 10 years ago. Stone Cold, The Rock, DX, nWo...good times.
definitely agree with that..no doubt. But John Cena kind of reminds me of a mixture of Stone Cold and Rock...

manufan10
05-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Watching WWE Superstars right now on WGN, they just showed a graphic of the 5 on 5 tag team match for Monday night. Batista, John Cena, Jerry the King Lawler, MVP, and Guest were in Lakers jerseys. Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase Jr., Cody Rhodes, Big Show, and The Miz were dressed in Nuggets jerseys. :lol

manufan10
05-21-2009, 08:03 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/0521091955.jpg

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 08:04 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/0521091955.jpg
That is absolutely fucking priceless..lol...and the bad guys are the Nuggets...beautiful.

manufan10
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/MMS_Resized_Pix.jpg

manufan10
05-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Better quality:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/MMS_Resized_Pix-1.jpg

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/MMS_Resized_Pix.jpg
LOL...Vince is hardly an angel, but this shit is hilarious.

Spursfan092120
05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Better quality:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g282/rtking/MMS_Resized_Pix-1.jpg
Laker fans should DEFINITELY not miss this. Wonder where they found a jersey big enough for Big Show? lol

manufan10
05-22-2009, 10:12 AM
I was thinking about the guest player, and I hope that it is Mr. Kennedy. They've been teasing his return for a couple of weeks now, and with the media attention this is bringing, a surprise return would be great. MISTER KENNEDY.... KENNEDY!