PDA

View Full Version : Yo! Lake Show! Good Luck vs. the Magic

JoeTait75
05-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Because the Cavaliers can't beat this team. Just can't do it. Orlando owns the Cavaliers lock, stock, and barrel. That's just the way it is.

I called Magic in six on the site I write for. How much of a fucking prophet am I? :sleep

Call me fucking deranged, but I gotta get the Lake Show's back in the Finals. At least they're a real fucking franchise in a real fucking city, not some bullshit Disneyland chucking outfit.

Good luck raising banner number 15!

u2sarajevo
05-20-2009, 11:13 PM
u mad?

E20
Reverse jinx at it's finest.

RsxPiimp
nigga its still gonna be cavs in 6

j-money24
I dont think the Lakers can beat this team also lmfao.

JoeTait75
05-20-2009, 11:14 PM
u mad?

Mad? Nope. I saw this coming a mile away. Nothing to be mad about. Orlando just plays out of their fucking skulls against the Cavaliers. What the fuck can you do?

DeadlyDynasty
Stick with your boys JT, they didn't win 66 games for nothing...
It was a tough loss but you know LBJ will come out strong-ER now....he needs help tho. Have faith bud!

RsxPiimp
I dont think the Lakers can beat this team also lmfao.

qft. magic owns the lakers this year winning both games.

Allanon
05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Because the Cavaliers can't beat this team. Just can't do it. Orlando owns the Cavaliers lock, stock, and barrel. That's just the way it is.

I called Magic in six on the site I write for. How much of a fucking prophet am I? :sleep

Call me fucking deranged, but I gotta get the Lake Show's back in the Finals. At least they're a real fucking franchise in a real fucking city, not some bullshit Disneyland chucking outfit.

WTF you talking about Joe? I don't no part of them Magic. You fellas better beat their ass.

Go CAVALIERS!!!!

JoeTait75
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
It was a tough loss but you know LBJ will come out strong now. Have faith bud!

What, Deadly, he wasn't strong enough for you tonight? I mean, he only worked himself to exhaustion to win this game.

This ain't on him in the slightest. Man is fucking brilliant, I can't ask for anything more from him.

Orlando is just in this team's kitchen. Nothing to be done about that.

IronMexican
05-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Magic really scare me after watching them play. Lakers give up so many open 3 point looks.

RedsLakers24
Cavs are going to win, West and Williams were just cold from the Lay Off, trust me, Orlando has no answer for Lebron, well no team has an answer for Lebron, Cavs in 6

NewJerSpur
If this isn't a reverse jinx, you better not be quitting on your team. Series ain't over yet....far from it actually.

DrHouse
05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
The Magic scare the shit out of me.

D12 would own the paint against us and we are one of the worst 3pt defending teams to make the playoffs.

The Cavs would be an infinitely easier matchup despite not having HCA.

JoeTait75
If this isn't a reverse jinx, you better not be quitting on your team. Series ain't over yet....far from it actually.

I'm not quitting on them. I've just got both feet firmly planted on the hard ground of reality, my friend.

I'll stick with my boys, but I see the handwriting on the wall.

DeadlyDynasty
What, Deadly, he wasn't strong enough for you tonight? I mean, he only worked himself to exhaustion to win this game.

This ain't on him in the slightest. Man is fucking brilliant, I can't ask for anything more from him.

Orlando is just in this team's kitchen. Nothing to be done about that.

yeah...i realized it after the fact but changed the original post. Why didn't Joe Smith get more playing time...he was killing it. Also, I agotta agree with Sir Charles on the postgame analysis...Z needs to sit down

braeden0613
05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
knee jerk reaction forum. If Lewis wouldn't have hit that shot, Cavs would have won and everyone would be obsessing over Lebron's greatness. They'll be back on Friday.

Amaso
05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
I hope you're wrong, cause I'd rather play the Cavs in the finals.

Ghazi
05-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Magic may have been the best team in the league with Jameer.

Maybe they still are!?

Who knows

I fell asleep in 2nd half :cry

pawe
05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
What a fucking potty mouth this fucking fucker is.
Cleveland will rebound next game man. Lewis was insanely hot in the 4th but yeah, Cle should've won this with DH fouling out.

j-money24
05-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Magic may have been the best team in the league with Jameer.

Maybe they still are!?

Who knows

I fell asleep in 2nd half :cry

That is very true, they can win the championship with out Nelson.

NewJerSpur
05-20-2009, 11:23 PM
yeah...i realized it after the fact but changed the original post. Why didn't Joe Smith get more playing time...he was killing it. Also, I agotta agree with Sir Charles on the postgame analysis...Z needs to sit down

No, no....Z needs to hang in there and tough it out. :stirpot:

JoeTait75
05-20-2009, 11:24 PM
knee jerk reaction forum. If Lewis wouldn't have hit that shot, Cavs would have won and everyone would be obsessing over Lebron's greatness. They'll be back on Friday.

This isn't knee-jerk. Orlando has played this way against the Cavaliers the last three years. Cleveland has one win in the O-Rena the last three years and that was with Larry Hughes pulling a 40-point game out of his ass.

It's just an awful, awful matchup. It's been that way for a long time. That's why I was rooting for the Celtics like I was Red Fucking Auerbach.

Soul
05-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Definitely not over. Even though I'm confident we can beat you guys, we can let one slip at home then its back to you guys.

Jameer is going to hurt (if we get to finals).. he was a big reason we won those Laker games.

Ice009
05-20-2009, 11:26 PM

If you are serious don't concede the series man. It's not over at all. Cavs swept the Spurs in 2007 during the regular season but the playoffs were a different story. It's not exactly the same, but you get what I am saying here.

redzero
05-20-2009, 11:33 PM
A Cavs fans who actually saw the Magic beat the shit out of the Cavaliers in the regular season? Do my eyes deceive me?

KidCongo
05-21-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm at school all day, come on the net to see us winning by like 15 at the half. Then I check boxscore at end and we lose.

Pretty depressing, especially by one point and seeing how we lost.

Champion teams fight through adversity.

Lets go Baby!

TheNextGen
05-21-2009, 12:35 AM
From what I read, Lakers fans want Cleveland to win. Lakers know they'll have a tuff time defending the 3.

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 12:43 AM
From what I read, Lakers fans want Cleveland to win. Lakers know they'll have a tuff time defending the 3.

i just want the dream matchup. well im sure nike does, espn, abc, vitamin water, etc

IronMexican
05-21-2009, 12:47 AM
It would be kind of anti-climatic for the Lakers and Cavs not to make the Finals. I mean, the Vitamin Water, and ESPN Pupper commercials? Pretty sure Stern would die a little inside if this didn't happen. He probably wants this worst than Pistons vs Spurs in 2005.

JoeTait75
05-21-2009, 02:12 AM
It would be kind of anti-climatic for the Lakers and Cavs not to make the Finals. I mean, the Vitamin Water, and ESPN Pupper commercials? Pretty sure Stern would die a little inside if this didn't happen. He probably wants this worst than Pistons vs Spurs in 2005.

Wouldn't it be funny if Orlando dicked everyone over and just won the whole damned thing?

Because they're capable of doing it. When they're hitting from outside, you can forget it. They will embarrass any team they play when they're on. And I hate to be that kind of asshole, but the Lake Show doesn't match up very well with them either.

Really, the only two teams that do match up well with Orlando, when healthy, are Boston and Houston. And last I checked, they're fishing.

I know you Lake Show fans are hoping Cleveland pulls this series out. And you should. You don't want Orlando.

ginobili's bald spot
05-21-2009, 02:21 AM
We match up horribly with the Magic too. They owned us both in the regular season and I don't think it's a coincidence.That's why most Laker fans are rooting for Cleveland. I knew this would be a tough series for you guys but I still think you'll pull it out.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 02:32 AM
We match up horribly with the Magic too. They owned us both in the regular season and I don't think it's a coincidence.That's why most Laker fans are rooting for Cleveland. I knew this would be a tough series for you guys but I still think you'll pull it out.

The Magic didn't "own" us, in the first game if Sasha makes a three we win, in the second game if Nelson misses that late three we win, they were both really close ball games. Now they don't have Nelson and we'd have HCA, I'd take the Magic with confidence that we'd win the series. Cavs would probably prove to be tougher just due to LBJ, if he's making those jumpers like he was tonight, forget about it.

baseline bum
05-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Live by the three, die by the three... and the odds are Orlando's going to die by it this series.

Trainwreck2100
05-21-2009, 02:43 AM

well well looks like someone finally got into the Lakers group

ginobili's bald spot
05-21-2009, 02:46 AM
The Magic didn't "own" us, in the first game if Sasha makes a three we win, in the second game if Nelson misses that late three we win, they were both really close ball games. Now they don't have Nelson and we'd have HCA, I'd take the Magic with confidence that we'd win the series. Cavs would probably prove to be tougher just due to LBJ, if he's making those jumpers like he was tonight, forget about it.

We match up poorly with the Magic period. Our bigs get outmuscled by freakin' Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry. What do you think Dwight fucking Howard is going to do to our pussy ass bigs? And it's not like our frontline is even playing as well as they did earlier in the season either. EVERYBODY puts Andrew in foul trouble these days. Dwight will put his ass on the bench instantly. So that leaves limp wristed Pau to try to check him. Do I even need to explain how thats gonna turn out? And everyone knows how well we defend the 3. Orlando + wide open 3's all day = trouble. I'm not saying it will be impossible for us to beat them but there is no argument that we match up badly.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm at school all day, come on the net to see us winning by like 15 at the half. Then I check boxscore at end and we lose.

Pretty depressing, especially by one point and seeing how we lost.

Champion teams fight through adversity.

Lets go Baby!

Yes, I can't wait to see how Mo Williams responds in particular, you know LBJ will come out killing it, he always does. But Mo was pretty horrible tonight and has never ever played in games this meaningful and these types of pressure situations. It will be very interesting to see how such an inexperienced player will respond from here on out in the playoffs. They ain't winning a championship without him, that's for sure.

Lebron4MVP
05-21-2009, 02:51 AM
Props to the Magic. This was a meh day for me. I went to see Terminator Salvation after watching that heartbreaking ending. Cavs have finally been dealt with adversity. We will see how they handle it.

Lebron4MVP
05-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Live by the three, die by the three... and the odds are Orlando's going to die by it this series.

Dwight Howard had his way with the Cavs tonight and that was with him being in foul trouble all game. Not to mention some of those fouls were bullshit. I can only imagine the damage Dwight will do if he can stay on the fucking court. Z cant guard him. Ben cant guard him and neither can Joe Smith. The Cavs are going to be forced to double team Howard which will leave their shooters open. It seems like this series has turned into can Orlando make their open threes. :depressed

TJastal
05-21-2009, 02:58 AM
What a fucking potty mouth this fucking fucker is.
Cleveland will rebound next game man. Lewis was insanely hot in the 4th but yeah, Cle should've won this with the officials anally raping the magic over and over.

fixed.

KidCongo
05-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Yes, I can't wait to see how Mo Williams responds in particular, you know LBJ will come out killing it, he always does. But Mo was pretty horrible tonight and has never ever played in games this meaningful and these types of pressure situations. It will be very interesting to see how such an inexperienced player will respond from here on out in the playoffs. They ain't winning a championship without him, that's for sure.

That's just LeBron, he knows what is expected and he is prepared for every game.

Mo says in his postgame interview.

"I think the key to the game, the biggest key to the game was myself."

He knows that he has to play better, shoot better.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 03:03 AM
We match up poorly with the Magic period. Our bigs get outmuscled by freakin' Chuck Hayes and Carl Landry. What do you think Dwight fucking Howard is going to do to our pussy ass bigs? And it's not like our frontline is even playing as well as they did earlier in the season either. EVERYBODY puts Andrew in foul trouble these days. Dwight will put his ass on the bench instantly. So that leaves limp wristed Pau to try to check him. Do I even need to explain how thats gonna turn out? And everyone knows how well we defend the 3. Orlando + wide open 3's all day = trouble. I'm not saying it will be impossible for us to beat them but there is no argument that we match up badly.

I'm not arguing that they aren't a bad match up for us, they are. I just think with the all important 2-3-2 formated HCA and the possible Lamar, Pau, Drew lineup to throw at Lewis, Turk, and Howard, plus them not having JN, I think we'd win the series. You'd have to imagine that the Lakers would change their defensive philosophy and try to protect the three more if we do face the Magic, who knows. You're probably right that the Magic would be tougher then the Cavs but LBJ is just dead scary especially when he's hitting his outside shots like tonight. The Laker D is still extremely suspect like we saw in game one vs. Denver, and if LBJ is going against that D he won't be dropping 39 like Melo did, it will be 59, no joke. Also Cleveland has some pretty damn good three point shooters too, not like Orlando but if you have to double LBJ all day long he's going to find his teammates and if they're hitting the open threes it's just as bad as Orlando.

NewJerSpur
05-21-2009, 03:34 AM
The Magic don't care about playing on the road, as we've seen thus far in the playoffs, so you might have to throw that out t he window at some point. They're evolving with each series it seems and the uptempo pace they can play might also prove lethal for LA. They also have length at the perimeter to give Kobe fits and won't foul at the rim (although Howard will sometimes get some stupid goaltends). The Frontline difficulty has already been mentioned. Nothing's ever in the bag, but I wouldn't be confident if I were a Laker fan going up against them....they struggled offensively and got down early against the Cavs in game 1 (who generally play better CONSISTENT defense than the Lakers) and still shot their way back into the game. Living on the perimeter is high risk, but they continue to make teams pay when closing out games.

ginobili's bald spot
05-21-2009, 03:37 AM
I'm not arguing that they aren't a bad match up for us, they are. I just think with the all important 2-3-2 formated HCA and the possible Lamar, Pau, Drew lineup to throw at Lewis, Turk, and Howard, plus them not having JN, I think we'd win the series. You'd have to imagine that the Lakers would change their defensive philosophy and try to protect the three more if we do face the Magic, who knows. You're probably right that the Magic would be tougher then the Cavs but LBJ is just dead scary especially when he's hitting his outside shots like tonight. The Laker D is still extremely suspect like we saw in game one vs. Denver, and if LBJ is going against that D he won't be dropping 39 like Melo did, it will be 59, no joke. Also Cleveland has some pretty damn good three point shooters too, not like Orlando but if you have to double LBJ all day long he's going to find his teammates and if they're hitting the open threes it's just as bad as Orlando.

Definitely. Cleveland is no joke. I'm honestly torn on who to root for in this series. Neither team will be easy that's for sure. I was happy Orlando won today though. A hard 7 games is probably the best we can hope for.

The_Game
05-22-2009, 12:47 AM
this really is an idiotic thread

Cavs are still winning this series.

Morg1411
05-22-2009, 12:48 AM
this really is an idiotic thread

Cavs are still winning this series.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

What the fuck ever.

The_Game
05-22-2009, 12:54 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao

What the fuck ever.

what a tool you are, care to back that statement up? or like all you other posts are you going to just stalk me? I know you wish to be as amazing as I am but stick to basketball kid.

Yuushi12
05-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Definitely. Cleveland is no joke. I'm honestly torn on who to root for in this series. Neither team will be easy that's for sure. I was happy Orlando won today though. A hard 7 games is probably the best we can hope for.

You better hope so. lakers -nuggs are going to go 7 games as well

Mavs<Spurs
05-22-2009, 07:31 AM
The Magic scare the shit out of me.

D12 would own the paint against us and we are one of the worst 3pt defending teams to make the playoffs.

The Cavs would be an infinitely easier matchup despite not having HCA.

Wow, Magic scare everybody. Bad matchups for the Cavs.

The Lakers match up slightly better though. However, that would not be an easy team for the Lakers to beat.

Mavs<Spurs
05-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Dwight Howard had his way with the Cavs tonight and that was with him being in foul trouble all game. Not to mention some of those fouls were bullshit. I can only imagine the damage Dwight will do if he can stay on the fucking court. Z cant guard him. Ben cant guard him and neither can Joe Smith. The Cavs are going to be forced to double team Howard which will leave their shooters open. It seems like this series has turned into can Orlando make their open threes. :depressed

There it is.

endrity
05-22-2009, 08:02 AM

It seems to me like the Lakers definetely want Cleveland.

Eventhough I think LBJ > Kobe, by a small margin, the Lakers have a much better cast around Kobe. Neither of the guards for the Cavs are good enough to handle Kobe at all, sooner or later they will be in trouble with him. And the Cavs don't have the speed, athleticism, or scoring ability in their frontline to bother the Lakers "soft" big men.

With the Magic it's completely different. Lee and Alston have enough quickness to bother Fisher again. And Lee and Pietrus are good enough to put on Kobe and make him work. The Magic though put the Lakers in a big dilemma with their frontline. If the Lakers go with the big combination, Pau-Bynum, Pau would bother Lewis on offense, but he would get torched on defense. Can you imagine Pau extending all the way to the thee point line? Lewis can drive by him any day. And honestly, is Bynum mentally or phyically ready to handle Howard? If they go with the small combination, Pau-Odom, Pau would get killed by Howard, simple as that, and the lane would be open all day for the Magic.

And as good as Kobe is in taking over games, Turk and Lewis have both been incredibly impressive in doing the same as well. They are quite a bit underrated in that aspect.

What's not being said here though, and it should a lot more, is that the forecast or almost preordained destiny that LeBron was gonna take the mantle from Kobe this year and rule the league for the next decade isn't as clear cut as we think. This has always been a big man's league, ALWAYS, and only Jordan is the exception to that. Even with a very raw Howard, the Magic are knocking on the door and that should scare the rest of the league a lot. I don't think Howard will ever be a great scorer, he doesn't seem to be smooth or fluid enough to me, but even if he gets a bit better, with the cast the Magic have put around him, they will be really tough to deal with. Plus, it seems like they really found something about themselves in the Boston series.

And the Nuggets will not go away either. Melo still has room to improve, he is showing he can be a great defender and I don't think he knew that himself. And JR and Nene only this year have finally figured some things out, and will only get better. They might never make it, but they both have AllStar potential. Even as Billups gets older, the improvements by these guys will be more than enough to ofset it. Plus, as history tells us, big guards who can shoot the ball, age incredibly well. Billups relies already on his smarts more than anything athletic, so he should be around for a while as well.

stretch
05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
LOL the ONLY time laker fans here (other than ironpuertorican) are halfway decent is when someone chuggs the lakers cocks. whats even funnier is how they actually bought into joetaits attempt at a reverse jinx.

Brazil
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM
The lakers fans should be concerned by Denver and not by the magic / cav serie.
I still think Cavs win this serie. We will see.

Banzai
05-22-2009, 11:09 AM
what the fuck is up with all of these jinx threads?

jacobdrj
05-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I couldn't tell you what will happen in regards to the conference finals, but I know this much: No matter what, it will be Cavs over Nuggets in 6. Book it.

JoeTait75
05-22-2009, 12:21 PM
LOL the ONLY time laker fans here (other than ironpuertorican) are halfway decent is when someone chuggs the lakers cocks. whats even funnier is how they actually bought into joetaits attempt at a reverse jinx.

Wasn't a reverse jinx. Honestly. I have zero confidence in Cleveland's chances to beat Orlando in this series.

But it is funny to watch Lake Show fans react to praise.

hater
05-22-2009, 12:37 PM
the magic will choke. book it