PDA

View Full Version : Cavs choke job

TJastal
05-21-2009, 07:45 AM
http://realcavsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/round3game1600.jpg

Cavs can't even take a giftwrapped game from the refs and convert it into a victory on their home floor. Bunch of pussy assed beeches.

:rollin

BRHornet45
05-21-2009, 07:57 AM
sons I can't believe the Magic over came the odds and beat the NBA Refs and Cavs.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 08:24 AM
http://realcavsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/round3game1600.jpg

:rollin You could clearly tell on the replay he didn't even get hit in the throat, what a lame ass.

stretch
05-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Cavs can't even take a giftwrapped game from the refs and convert it into a victory on their home floor. Bunch of pussy assed beeches.

:rollin

are you serious? there was at least 4 times in the 4th quarter when lebron would drive and get slammed into by dwight or someone with no call. cut it out with the ref BS, spur fan.

TJastal
05-21-2009, 08:27 AM
:rollin You could clearly tell on the replay he didn't even get hit in the throat, what a lame ass.

Pietrus's shoulder did hit him square in the neck. I watched the replay several times, he leaned straight into him leading with his right shoulder. Crafty move by Pietrus.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Pietrus's shoulder did hit him square in the neck. I watched the replay several times, he leaned straight into him leading with his right shoulder. Crafty move by Pietrus.

My bad then, when I watched the replay both times it looked to me like they just went chest to chest, Varijao is known for his epic flops though so I guess I just presumed he was faking :lol

TJastal
05-21-2009, 08:33 AM
are you serious? there was at least 4 times in the 4th quarter when lebron would drive and get slammed into by dwight or someone with no call. cut it out with the ref BS, spur fan.

Oh please. You have to be stark raving nuts to think the magic got the benefit of the calls tonight. Lebron got tons of calls in his favor all game long. That one time he spun around Pietrus and with a head of steam flung himself into the air, every magic player nearby literally took cover and tried to get out of the way but they still whistled Howard for a foul because Lebron brushed past him enough to lose his balance.

This after Lebron deliberately undercut Howard on the play before who was jumping up for an offensive rebound (and would have had it for an easy put-back) and the refs swallowed their whistles.

stretch
05-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh please. You have to be stark raving nuts to think the magic got the benefit of the calls tonight. Lebron got tons of calls in his favor all game long. That one time he spun around Pietrus and with a head of steam flung himself into the air, every magic player nearby literally took cover and tried to get out of the way but they still whistled Howard for a foul because Lebron brushed past him enough to lose his balance.

This after Lebron deliberately undercut Howard on the play before who was jumping up for an offensive rebound (and would have had it for an easy put-back) and the refs swallowed their whistles.

Do you enjoy talking out of your ass? When did I ever say the Magic got the benefit of the calls all night? I simply said that the refs crap is BS, and that Lebron didn't get multiple calls down the stretch. That said, I felt the game was fairly officiated.

pauls931
05-21-2009, 08:56 AM
No choking, Orlando has more talent spread across their team that Cleveland does. Orlando can affort to bench Dhow for a few minutes and still score, while cleveland goes into no man's land. Lebron to Cleveland is like nash to phoenix just 10x more gifted.

If lebron had kobe's squad, holy shit...

TJastal
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Do you enjoy talking out of your ass? When did I ever say the Magic got the benefit of the calls all night? I simply said that the refs crap is BS, and that Lebron didn't get multiple calls down the stretch. That said, I felt the game was fairly officiated.

Sorry for the misinterpretation above. But saying magic hammered Lebron when he took it hard to the rim in the 4th quarter = not true. Lebron just lost the handle of the ball one time that he crashed into Howard. Got to have the ball in order to get a foul. :nope

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the statement that the game was fairly officiated. The game could actually be the most lopsided officiated game in playoff history, with all the calls and non-calls that favored the Cavs. No joke, and I bet some would back me up on that statement.

redzero
05-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Didn't Lebron draw several cheap fouls on Dwight during the course of the game?

KSeal
05-21-2009, 09:01 AM

Not with the way Gasoft plays in the playoffs...and Bynum for that matter too.

urunobili
05-21-2009, 09:03 AM
3 fouls on Dwight where bullshit calls...

stretch
05-21-2009, 09:12 AM
No choking, Orlando has more talent spread across their team that Cleveland does. Orlando can affort to bench Dhow for a few minutes and still score, while cleveland goes into no man's land. Lebron to Cleveland is like nash to phoenix just 10x more gifted.

agreed. which shows just how good this guy is. a lot of people aren't even sure if the lakers will beat the nuggets. replace kobe with lebron, and they might have won 70 games this year, and be pretty much a lock to win it all.

TJastal
05-21-2009, 09:16 AM
3 fouls on Dwight where bullshit calls...

Then the one where Varajao pushes Gortat in the back with his left hand, causing him to fall out of bounds, simultaneously punching the ball out of Gortat's hands with his right hand.

Not only did they not call a foul on Varajao, but they awarded the Cavs the ball!:bang This was seriously one of the worst botched calls I have ever witnessed in the playoffs.

pauls931
05-21-2009, 09:17 AM
agreed. which shows just how good this guy is. a lot of people aren't even sure if the lakers will beat the nuggets. replace kobe with lebron, and they might have won 70 games this year, and be pretty much a lock to win it all.

Agreed, lebron is the single best player in the nba, but he needs his 'pippen' to really get things going. Mo williams is good, but pretty much just an average starter on any squad. Other players do well because lebron draws so much attention. It's like the bulls where you think steve kerr is the shit and tony kukoch, that young looking 3pt shooter, paxson, bill cartwright, and so forth, but when they move they become scrubs.

stretch
05-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry for the misinterpretation above. But saying magic hammered Lebron when he took it hard to the rim in the 4th quarter = not true. Lebron just lost the handle of the ball one time that he crashed into Howard. Got to have the ball in order to get a foul.

I wasn't talking about that call. Anthony Johnson poked it out from behind on that play. But there were several times when Lebron was defintely bumped considerably with no call.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the statement that the game was fairly officiated. The game could actually be the most lopsided officiated game in playoff history, with all the calls and non-calls that favored the Cavs. No joke, and I bet some would back me up on that statement.

You're a dumbass.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 09:22 AM

I agree, LBJ with the Lakers team would be a sure lock for the LOB trophy. Luckily for me it is Kobe who has them and LBJ who has the scrubs :lol

Allanon
05-21-2009, 09:22 AM
LeBron's got 4 past and present All Stars on his team; including him that's 5 past/present All-Stars.

The only player that's been consistent for the Lakers has been Kobe (with 1 All Star that everybody calls "Gasoft"). Everybody else on the Lakers has been off and on...same boat as LeBron.

:lol

pauls931
05-21-2009, 09:26 AM
LeBron's got 4 past and present All Stars on his team; including him that's 5 past/present All-Stars.

The only player that's been consistent for the Lakers has been Kobe (2 All Stars). Everybody else was off and on...same boat.

:lol

Mo is an allstart mole on lebron's butt and using that logic, you might as well hand the title to Phoenix. (nash, amare, shaq, hill, etc...)

Allanon
05-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Mo is an allstart mole on lebron's butt and using that logic, you might as well hand the title to Phoenix. (nash, amare, shaq, hill, etc...)

Everybody calls Pau "Gasoft", there's a reason for this. Mo's an AllStar as well, maybe not a LeBron All-Star, but an All-Star nonetheless. There's only 30 All-Stars in a 400 man league, Mo's one of them.

As for Phoenix; they under-achieved.

LeBron has a very talented, experienced and expensive roster...they are not scrubs as everybody likes to say.

TheMACHINE
05-21-2009, 09:30 AM
lol Kobe vs Lebron thread hi-jacking cuz people cant get enough.

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 09:46 AM
:lmao at Cavs blowing a 16 pt lead. Just pathetic.

The Magic adjusted in the 2nd half and exposed the Cavs for what they are, a one man show.

Howard got called for 3 bogus fouls and they still couldn't win. This game was signed, sealed, delivered by Stern and the Cavs still failed. Pathetic. :lmao

Brazil
05-21-2009, 10:00 AM
BTW Pietrus would be huge for a spurs team, I thought he made a very good job on D but also on O. Nevertheless he will never be a spurs : he can dunk.

TJastal
05-21-2009, 10:12 AM
BTW Pietrus would be huge for a spurs team, I thought he made a very good job on D but also on O. Nevertheless he will never be a spurs : he can dunk.

Nobody here wanted Pietrus in the off season besides me with a few exceptions off the top of my head - peskypesky, Senorspur, and a few others.

They all said his bball IQ was too low and Timvp said he wouldn't fit in with the spurs. Well, I think he's excelled in a very similar setting in Orlando, who's system basically mirrors the spurs. They have a dominant inside presence surrounded by a number of 3pt jumpshooters.. something Pietrus can do very well.

What Pietrus would have also given the spurs this year is fiery defender who can guard a number of positions.. and especially the 2-3 where the spurs had the most problems. The Kobes, Lebrons, Durants, McGrady's, Anthony's of the league, etc.

Butl the spurs picked up RMJ for cheaper instead, who really excelled in the shooting aspects, but not so much in the defensive aspect. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Kind of history repeating itself.. the Spurs didn't want to commit the mid level exception to Stephen Jackson years ago, and now that decision looks like it might have cost them the chance to establish a legitimate dynasty.

pauls931
05-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Nobody here wanted Pietrus in the off season besides me with a few exceptions off the top of my head - peskypesky, Senorspur, and a few others.

They all said his bball IQ was too low and Timvp said he wouldn't fit in with the spurs. Well, I think he's excelled in a very similar setting in Orlando, who's system basically mirrors the spurs. They have a dominant inside presence surrounded by a number of 3pt jumpshooters.. something Pietrus can do very well.

What Pietrus would have also given the spurs this year is fiery defender who can guard a number of positions.. and especially the 2-3 where the spurs had the most problems. The Kobes, Lebrons, Durants, McGrady's, Anthony's of the league, etc.

Butl the spurs picked up RMJ for cheaper instead, who really excelled in the shooting aspects, but not so much in the defensive aspect. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Kind of history repeating itself.. the Spurs didn't want to commit the mid level exception to Stephen Jackson years ago, and now that decision looks like it might have cost them the chance to establish a legitimate dynasty.

Once you go to GS, you are banned from the Spurs.

DrHouse
05-21-2009, 01:09 PM
The Cavs got gifted several phantom calls that put Howard in serious F/T at the end of the game.

The Magic overcame a LOT of BS officiating to win that game and deserve all the props in the world.

I find it oddly amusing that James has one of the best playoff games of his life and his team still loses. Reminds me a lot of Kobe's struggles throughout '04-07.

Ghazi
05-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Dr House is returded

TampaDude
05-21-2009, 01:55 PM
The Cavs got gifted several phantom calls that put Howard in serious F/T at the end of the game.

The Magic overcame a LOT of BS officiating to win that game and deserve all the props in the world.

I find it oddly amusing that James has one of the best playoff games of his life and his team still loses. Reminds me a lot of Kobe's struggles throughout '04-07.

Yup...a one-man show, no matter how good, is not the ticket for a :lobt:.

TEAMS win championships. :toast

RedsLakers24
05-21-2009, 03:00 PM
First half the refs were terrible, second half it seemed like they changed refs

redzero
05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Yup...a one-man show, no matter how good, is not the ticket for a :lobt:.

TEAMS win championships. :toast

The world got to see four times in ten years. We don't need to be reminded again.