PDA

View Full Version : Rockets fan here, can't believe the number of dumbass fans we have

Artest93
05-21-2009, 07:59 AM
Just on clutchfans.....Now, the Rockets made it out of the first round, took the Lakers to 7 games, and many people on clutchfans are talkin about wanting to trade for Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Peja , Amare Stoudamire, basically some idiotic trades. First of all, I would not give up Brooks in any trade. Rockets don't need to blow up the roster. First, they need to resign Artest, then resign Wafer. Morey said he wants to acquire an Athletic big man who can shoot the 3, (Mehmet Okur maybe) to limit Yao's minutes. Then, use Mcgrady as trade bait. I'd do a trade for Caron Butler....However, mcgrady's value won't be high until February, so I guess they have to hang on to him for now. They do, however, need veteran leadership at the PG spot, maybe Mike Bibby, or Andre Miller. Anyway, what is the most likely scenario this offseason for your team?

Jesus is my friend!
05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
I can't stand fans that treat their players like trading cards.

lefty
05-21-2009, 08:24 AM
I agree with both of you.

KSeal
05-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Just on clutchfans.....Now, the Rockets made it out of the first round, took the Lakers to 7 games, and many people on clutchfans are talkin about wanting to trade for Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Peja , Amare Stoudamire, basically some idiotic trades. First of all, I would not give up Brooks in any trade. Rockets don't need to blow up the roster. First, they need to resign Artest, then resign Wafer. Morey said he wants to acquire an Athletic big man who can shoot the 3, (Mehmet Okur maybe) to limit Yao's minutes. Then, use Mcgrady as trade bait. I'd do a trade for Caron Butler....However, mcgrady's value won't be high until February, so I guess they have to hang on to him for now. They do, however, need veteran leadership at the PG spot, maybe Mike Bibby, or Andre Miller. Anyway, what is the most likely scenario this offseason for your team?

I don't really get this one, I mean I understand they want to get another big so they can limit Yao's minutes but who's an athletic big that can actually shoot the three that is out there to get? I know Okur can shoot the three but he sure as hell ain't athletic.

Lars
05-21-2009, 08:37 AM
I don't really get this one, I mean I understand they want to get another big so they can limit Yao's minutes but who's an athletic big that can actually shoot the three that is out there to get? I know Okur can shoot the three but he sure as hell ain't athletic.

Morey never said Okur, thats retarded speculation by fans who don't understand you can't just point to a player and magically make him a player on your team.

Rogue
05-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Rockets have a perfectly balanced squad that doesn't need any big move, the major job for the Rockets is just to stay healthy, though Yao is not very likely to fulfill that job due to his national duty. If the Rockets had been 100% healthy, say T-Mac and Deke both played the second round, then the team playing Nuggets would be the players in red rather than purple&golden.

Brazil
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
For the rockets the offseason is quite simple: keep everybody, just take care of McGrady case and put some good pieces for his salary and that's it you have a contender. Rockets FO will have much less work than spurs / hornets / mavs / suns ... FO.

Artest_Is_Fearless
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Here is hoping for a great 2009-2010 season!

djohn2oo8
05-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Rockets Looking To Raid Rosters

Pledging a willingness to buy a draft pick, raid the rosters of cost-cutting teams and even exceed the luxury-tax threshold for a difference-making player, the Rockets seem determined to make moves despite a far more stable and successful roster than they had heading into previous offseasons.

"We hoped to accomplish more this year, so we're not satisfied. But we feel like there are a lot of things that happened this year we can build on," GM Daryl Morey said. "Just the attitude we bring defensively, the experience we got for our young players -- there are a lot of things we can build on. We're very optimistic going forward.

"The town has invested in us. (Rockets owner Leslie Alexander) is going to invest in this team. He's someone that is always going to invest smart. That's how he got where he is. But he's going to give me whatever resources I need to help this team be better next year. I look forward to that."

Alexander said that under the right circumstances, the luxury-tax line would not he a hard salary cap for the Rockets.

"I would (exeed) it, but it's got to be terrific," Alexander said. "It can't be just for a normal player." -- Houston Chronicle

I like their approach to this

Indazone
05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Alexander said that under the right circumstances, the luxury-tax line would not he a hard salary cap for the Rockets.

"I would (exeed) it, but it's got to be terrific," Alexander said. "It can't be just for a normal player." -- Houston Chronicle

Think you guys can get Peter Holt to think like this?

djohn2oo8
05-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Remember this?

HOUSTON -- Shortly before the NBA Draft, Rockets coach Rick Adelman started studying film on Luis Scola when he learned that there was a remote possibility that his team could lure the power forward away from San Antonio.

The coach didn't need long to assess what the shaggy-haired power forward from Argentina could potentially bring to his lineup.

"What I saw on tape was someone who's always moving and always active," Adelman said. "He plays hard. That's what really impressed me."

And that, in a nutshell, is what the Rockets are seeking from their latest addition.

Scola, one of Europe's best players over the past five seasons, signed a contract with the Rockets Tuesday, less than a week after the Spurs traded him to Houston. The deal will become effective following the buyout of his contract with the Spanish team Tau Ceramica of the Euroleague.

The Rockets sorely needed help at power forward heading into the offseason, having only one potential returning player at the position in Chuck Hayes. That's the void that Scola will fill.

Besides potentially becoming the team's starting power forward, the Argentina star is expected to bring more toughness and offensive skills to the frontcourt. He was a two-time MVP of the Spanish League and helped his country win its first-ever gold medal at the 2004 Olympic Games.

"Luis obviously fills a position of need," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "We thought he was the best guy out there. He has size and experience and he's been a winner at every level. He's someone that we think can come in and contribute right away to the team."

The Spurs selected Scola with a second-round pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, but were unable to sign him because of a large buyout.

Since then, the Spurs were seeking a trade partner, preferring a team outside the Southwest Division. Unable to find a desirable deal beyond the Southwest, San Antonio sent the draft rights to Scola along with reserve center Jackie Butler to Houston in exchange for Greek guard Vassilis Spanoulis and a 2009 second-round pick.

The trade helped give the 27-year old forward an opportunity to finally realize his dream of playing in the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_sign_Argentine_star_fo-231948-34.html

BlackSwordsMan
05-21-2009, 11:43 AM
dirk is a big who shoots 3's ;)

Indazone
05-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Yao is fine. T-Mac is a no show

RedsLakers24
05-21-2009, 02:59 PM
They just need players who could get healthy

djohn2oo8
05-21-2009, 03:26 PM
They just have to limit Yao's minutes is all.....Yao is not playing basketball this summer so that will help alot, and finding a quality backup center is important. Also, Rox need another scorer like Caron Butler, or Jamal Crawford

Rogue
05-21-2009, 06:30 PM
They just have to limit Yao's minutes is all.....Yao is not playing basketball this summer so that will help alot, and finding a quality backup center is important. Also, Rox need another scorer like Caron Butler, or Jamal Crawford
You are retarded to believe Yao is fucking willing to play those games summer in and summer out, he plays those shitty games against his own will, and neither the Rockets team can make a change to that.

Jamel Crawford is just a black hole on the back court, Caron Butler is a decent slasher though. But I don't think the Rockets need to adopt a new star at SF, where they have already got two great players in Ron and Shane, provided the Rockets manage to keep Ron in Houston this summer.

By the way, I don't think Caron is an upgrade over Shane who is a pure superstar except for his stats. The same case for Yao, who only has got stats of that level.

iggypop123
05-21-2009, 07:13 PM
the lakers have a history of making PG look better than they are . remmber this guy:
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/Troy_Hudson-arton21010-240x240.jpg

i wouldnt make him untouchable. the rockets need to trade t-mac to the knicks and get whatever they can. it needs to be yao's team

sook
05-21-2009, 07:27 PM
The Rockets fans on Clutch treat Brooks like shit. I seriously can't even believe it. The board is overrun by Yao Only Fans and they treat Kyle Lowry (Like him alot though) like some kind of reincarnation of cp3 and magic.

YES WE HAVE SOME OF THE MOST IDIOTIC FANS LOL.

You'll also notice that the vet posters don't post there anymore, it has been overrun by those communist loonies that say shit like "Yao fans will root for rockets."

Rogue
05-21-2009, 07:49 PM
The Rockets fans on Clutch treat Brooks like shit. I seriously can't even believe it. The board is overrun by Yao Only Fans and they treat Kyle Lowry (Like him alot though) like some kind of reincarnation of cp3 and magic.

You'll also notice that the vet posters don't post there anymore, it has been overrun by those communist loonies that say shit like "Yao fans will root for rockets."
:toast you are right, I also used to be a member on clutchfans for a long time, even longer than the coast line of north america. But I decided to quit that website because it has been made the worse one probably by those idiotic fans, honestly they are not basketball fans but a number butt-kissers of Yao, though they also know Yao is just a 7'6 huge piece of crap.

Their broken english isn't the reason we hate those idiotic fans, at least that's not the only reason... They founded a choir chanting for Yao continuously, even when Yao sucks they still often fabricate some excuse for him. Clutch may be the only vet still posting there, which shows how much those idiotic fans have rotted that website, even though it used to be great. :depressed

Ghazi
05-21-2009, 07:54 PM

You say that as if you don't fall into the category. Fucking idiot :hat

Caltex2
05-22-2009, 03:01 PM
The only good thing about clutchfans is the photoshop threads.

Caltex2
05-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Rockets have a perfectly balanced squad that doesn't need any big move, the major job for the Rockets is just to stay healthy, though Yao is not very likely to fulfill that job due to his national duty. If the Rockets had been 100% healthy, say T-Mac and Deke both played the second round, then the team playing Nuggets would be the players in red rather than purple&golden.

Thankfully, he doesn't have to go to china to play this summer.

sook
05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
You say that as if you don't fall into the category. Fucking idiot :hat

pull it out of your mouth.

Double-Up
05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
We had a good season, let's not mess it up by turning on our own fans.

Artest93
05-22-2009, 05:55 PM
but proposing to make dumb trades like Brooks for Steve Nash is idiotic every day of the week...Brooks should be untouchable b/c he is a rising star. Yao is already untouchable, Scola should be untouchable, everyone else shouldn't be

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Bourousis is the athletic big that shoots 3. Now it is obvious why Morey had the meeting with him. Spurs better hurry up and get him because the Rockets are going to grab him for sure.

JustBlaze
05-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I can't stand fans that treat their players like trading cards.
We'll trade you Anthony Carter for Tony Parker. Yes?

Indazone
05-26-2009, 09:17 AM
All the threads on Clutchfans regarding trades are complete idiocy. The dumbest ones are the ones having Yao going to Cleveland or Yao traded to the Lakers for Gasol and Bynum. Then you have the stupid threads trading Battier for a bag of chips. I'm so glad Morey is running the show instead of these idiot fans.

Rogue
05-26-2009, 09:22 AM
All the threads on Clutchfans regarding trades are complete idiocy. The dumbest ones are the ones having Yao going to Cleveland or Yao traded to the Lakers for Gasol and Bynum. Then you have the stupid threads trading Battier for a bag of chips. I'm so glad Morey is running the show instead of these idiot fans.
It sounds you are distinct from those idiots. :lol